• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventure In Sinnoh

Please follow all the rules and have fun

Name:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Badges/Ribbons:
Backstory:

(Mine)
Name: Diana Le'Fay
Appearence: Platinum blonde hair, Lavender eyes, wears a Antoinette short ivory dress with pale pink ribbon,flounces, and Rococo style sleeves, pale pink round toe ankle strap pump Mary Jane's shoes, white mesh lace ankle Lolita socks, keeps long hair down, pastel pink backpack
Personality: shy, timid, has trust issues, self doubt, when she trusts people she's more open, can make random snarky remarks, a bit bratty sometimes, doesn't like to show alot of emotion, has a very soft voice.
Pikemon: (Hex) Bannete, (Seraphina) Absol, (Nymphia) Jellicent, Angel (Gardevoir)
Badges/Ribbons: None
Hometown: Eterna City
Backstory: Diana has lived in Sinnoh sense she was born but she never really made any friends but the one friend she made moved to the Kalos region and she never heard from him again, so Diana started shutting people out in fear that if she got close to them they would leave her, The young girl was obssesed with being a Lolita ever sense she was young and so people started calling her a freak or weird or they were just simply afraid of her which made no sense in Diana's mind, The Lolita was born in a wealthy family sense her father is a very big buisness man and her mother is a famous actress and retired coordinator, Contests were Diana's favorite thing to watch and then on her 9th birthday her parents gave the girl her fist Pokemon which was Seraphina, her Absol and after that day Diana built up her team until she finally decided to compete in her first Contest.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°
Diana stood in Professor Rowans lab along side her parents waiting for her Pokedex and once receiving it the girl was glad the Pokedex was pale pink in color which perfectly matched her Lolita style. "Oh, I can't believe my only baby is finally leaving the house" Diana's mother cried out as the woman clung on to the young girl "Cassandra your acting as if she's going away forever" Dianas father replied as he his Arcanine who was next to him, "Fathers right mommy, I'll only be gone until I become top coordinator and you should be happy sense nobody will look at you all weird when you walk alongside me" Diana quitely stated as she smiled softly at her mother. "Don't say that Diana your the best thing in my life and anyway I should be happy sense your finally chasing your dream" Cassandra stated as she wiped the tears away, "oh, Diana before you go I bought this for you" her father happily exclaimed as he slid on a pink Poketch on to the girls wrist. Diana thanked and bid her parents farewell before walking on the dirt path of Sandgem town, heading for Jubilife City where her first Contest would be held

Name: Tsubaki Serizawa

Appearance: Tsubaki is a tall girl of Japanese descent, with brown eyes, and long, thick black hair, tied in a low ponytail. She wears a white t-shirt, and dark blue jeans, with black converse. She also carries a black backpack.

Personality: Tsubaki is cold, cynical, and very, very, tight fisted. Never short change her.

Pokemon: Euro (Meowth) Dollar (Murkrow)

Badges/Ribbons: None

Hometown: Veilstone City

Backstory: To be revealed

A small child stood cowering before Tsubaki, holding out five hundred yen, all in coins.

"C'mon, kid," she scoffed, "I sweep your entire team, and you're only giving me five hundred yen? You've gotta be kidding me!"

The girl shook, biting her lip. "But this is all I've got!"

Tsubaki got right up in her face, glaring at her. "Don't lie to me, kid. I don't do cheapskates!"

The girl fished an extra three hundred yen from her pocket, thrusting it into Tsubaki's hand. "Here."

"Now that's more like it," Tsubaki smirked, "Don't feel too bad, kid. This money's going to a good cause."

And Tsubaki disappeared into the city, heading into a cheap candy shop. She opened her bag, dividing the money into two purses, one labelled 'Camellia'. Next, she counted out, two hundred yen, buying herself some lunch; a cheap curry bread, an umaibo, and a bottle of soda (It was cheaper than the water on display)

"Six hundred yen, I made just now," she scoffed, "Not even enough to feed one kid, back home..."

Once reaching Jubilife City the young girl was about to go into a small anitque shop where she saw a cute stuff you of a Cleffa but before she could go in a pair of men grabbed the girl and pulled her into an alleyway before taking her pokeballs from her backpack. As the men ran away with her Pokemon the girl tried to chase after them but ended up tripping due to the heels on her shoes. The blond stayed kneeling on the pavement in shock and sorrow before breaking down in tears as the men continued to run further away with her beloved pokemon

Tsubaki exited the shop quietly, munching on her umaibo. Given that she coveted money so much, Tsubaki adored cheap snacks, and for ten yen, she couldn't go wrong with an umaibo.

She headed to the pokemon centre, briefly casting a glance at a crying child nearby. She decided not to get involved, however, Tsubaki had better things to do, than play good samaritan. Like talk to the owner of her orphanage, Miss Fumiko. She needed to know about today's winnings.

"So far, I've made six hundred yen today," Tsubaki reported, "But, if I'm lucky, I might be able to bring it up to five thousand, once I leave this city. It depends what happens."

Miss Fumiko smiled softly, on the other end of the line. "You're ever such a kind girl, Tsubaki," she began, "Going to all of this trouble, just to pay off my debts."

"It's the least I can do," she answered, "Camellia house is the only home I've ever had. I can't let it close down, not for anything!"

Diana finally stood up from her spot before going into a Pokemon Center. Once the nurse saw the tear stained face of Diana she hugged the young girl while asking what happened and all the Lolita could do was tell the nurse how her Pokemon got stolen. Diana sat on one of the chairs in the center as the nurse talked to an officer about the two men and once the officer left the nurse smiled at Diana and said that the officers would find her precious pokemon

With that over, Tsubaki let her partner pokemon, Euro the meowth, out of her pokeball. Now, it was time to get back to work, and earn herself some more money.

Tsubaki glanced carefully around the pokemon centre, searching for a target. The girl from earlier, who appeared to be quite fancily dressed, was sat with her team. She looked like she could pay out handsomely, if she was won against, but her pokemon were all fully evolved...So she ought to play it safe.

She strollled over, Euro at her side. "You, me, one-on-one," she demanded, "Me and my meowth."

"Nice to meet you Tio, I'm Diana" the girl quietly introduced herself as she continued to look at his Pokemon but was soon hit on the leg by her Bannete who was jealous sense she usually placed all her attention on him, so the young girl picked up the ghost type and sighed "Hex you know that I love you but sometimes hurting people won't get you what you want" the Lolita sternly stated

Tsubaki cleared her throat. "What, are you deaf or something, kid?" she snorted, "I asked you for a battle. Me and my meowth, vs you, and whatever pokemon you want, but only one, ok? Just cuz your daddy's rich, or whatever, doesn't mean you got the right to ignore normal people!"

"Um I'm not much of a battler and my Pokemon were specifically trained to compete in contests" Diana whispered out as she avoided eye contact with both trainers "also I didn't mean to ignore you it was just that my Bannete needed some attention and he one of my main prioritys" the Lolita quietly stated as she continued to hold her Bannete

"A coordinator? Welp, then I guess I'm not gettin' anything from you," Tsubaki scoffed, "Shame. Thought I coulda squeezed a good ten-thousand yen outta ya. That'd be one tenth of Miss Fumiko's debts paid in one fell swoop!"

She turned to the boy, Euro giving him a low snarl. "But, if you're gonna stand there, and mouth off to me, then I guess I can beat up your pokemon for some dough instead! Hope you're loaded, kid, cuz I'm not cheap in battle, I'll tell ya that for nothin'!"

Tsubaki scoffed, calling Euro back to her side. "Well, this was a waste of my damn time," she scoffed, "I need money, not...Whatever this is..."

The trainer glanced the time. "Time to get going, Euro."

Tsubaki left the pokemon centre quietly, cursing to herself as she did so.

Diana returned all her Pokemon into their pokeballs before standing and running out of the Pokemon Center With her bag so she could catch up to Tsubaki, once reaching the older girl, Diana grabbed her arm so she would stop walking. "Um I wanted to ask you but would you mind helping me train sense my Pokemon aren't really made for battling?" The usually emotionless Lolita asked "I can pay you to train me" Diana offered hoping the older trainer would agree

The very mention of money piqued Tsubaki's interest. "You'll pay me, to teach you what I know about battling?" she said wryly, "Well, if you're serious, then I can't say no, can I? Y'know, depending on how much you're offering..."

"Well how much do you want sense you obviously know that money isn't a problem for me" Diana stated "I really need your help sense I'm not very good at battling" Diana quietly said as she messed around with the ruffles on her dress

Tsubaki cleared her throat. "My orphanage is ten thousand yen in debt," she answered, "So, uh, yeah. I need roughly that. I might need extra, depending on whether or not those nasty loan sharks try to extort more money outta Miss Fumiko. I have to pay every last penny off..."

She glanced down at Euro. "Camellia House is the closest thing to a home I've ever had," she said quietly, "So I have to save it. No matter what."

"Loan Sharks....Well I'm sure my father can pay off all of Miss Fumiko's depts" Diana quietly said, "well when can we start training" the younger girl asked sense she would never admit it but she was really excited to learn how to properly battle

Tsubaki nodded. "Right. Training," she said aloud, to her unlikely benefactor, "Right now, I suppose, since I got nothing better to do. There are often training grounds, out the back o' these pokemon centres, so we should head there."

Diana noded her head and started walking towards the Pokemon center while almost tripping with every step "these shoes are gonna kill me one of these days" the blond Lolita muttered to herself as she cussed out her shoes quietly hoping nobody would hear her

Tsubaki sent Euro forward, once they arrived, as well as the second member of her team, Dollar, the murkrow. Tsubaki's obsession with money led her to name her pokemon after different currencies.

"Meet Euro," and she gestured to her meowth, "And Dollar. They're the only pokemon I've got so far, but they're pretty strong, nonetheless."

"Oh wow their so cute" Diana stated as she sent out her own Pokemon, "my Pokemon may be fully evolved but their not very strong" the young Lolita softly admitted as she looked at her three female Pokemon and her Bannete

Tsubaki gave the banette a thorough once-over. Banette could pack a serious punch, but unfortunately, they were too physically frail to stay up long enough to do the job. Not that it truly mattered; there were other uses for them, besides pummeling.

"Right. First thing's first, and that's finding your pokemon's strength," Tsubaki began, "Every pokemon on a team has a role to play in battle. There's sweepers, whose primary goal is to destroy the opposing team, walls, to stall the opposing team, and make them succumb to status effects, and clerics, whose role is to heal."

She glanced back at her team. "Euro's pretty sturdy, and quick to dodge, so, for now, I'm using her as a wall. Since she knows the move, knock-off, she can get rid of any annoying items the opposing team might carry."

"I don't know what role each of my Pokemon play sense like I said before my Pokemon were trained to use moves to make everything they do look beautiful " Diana stated as she continued to look at her Pokemon

Hi there!

Name: Samyra Tetchali
Appearance: Tall, with red hair down to her hips and dazzling blue eyes. Has a lot of freckles and is pale skinned. Typically wears a white, long-sleeved lace dress with a blue ribbon tied around the waist and sandals.
Personality: Looks very charming, but in reality she's not one to take crap from anyone and will fight back if necessary. She's brave and kind, and cares about her Pokemon more than people most of the time.
Hometown: Lavender Town in Kanto
Current Home: Eterna City
Pokemon: Umbreon (Hiro), Froslass (Oni), Gengar (Fen), Absol (Wren), Ninetales (Ruka), and Lucario (Sira).
Badges: 4
Backstory: To be revealed

Samyra wandered out of the Pokemon center, her Ninetales, Ruka by her side. She noticed two trainers nearby, but decided it'd be better if she didn't talk to them and hope that they wouldn't notice her. Ruka continued to stare at the two trainers and their Pokemon. "Something the matter?" She asked Ruka, and the look her Ninetales gave her in return said nothing at all.

Last edited:
Not really good at making characters but I am going to try.
Name:Chris Solarton
Personality:kind,caring,brave,loyal,a little quick tempered,and confident.
Appearance:black hair,blue right eye and red left eye,white T-shirt,blue jacket,blue pants,white socks,red scarf,and black shoes.
Hometown: new bark town
Current home: twinleaf
Pokemon: galva(female joltic) and goloso(male wimpod)

Last edited:
Dianas Gardevior noticed the other female trainer staring at her own trainer and decided to tap Diana on the shoulder before pointing towards girl and her nintales. Diana walked up to the other girl softly smiled "hello" the blond Lolita greeted

Chris was coming from twinleaf to jubilife and was looking around for the PMC(pokemon center) since galva his joltic was hurt."don't worry galva I'll get ya to the Pokemon center soon",Chris said.goloso his wimpod was upset.As Chris saw the pmc and ran for it he bumped into three girls."sorry need to get to the Pokemon center",Chris said before the girls could say anything and bolted for the pmc doors.a week ago chris went on an adventure since his family died in a Plane Crash and he was left alone at twinleaf with no family except for galva and goloso.after 6 days of grieving he went on an adventure to prove he was strong.things went south when starley attacked and injured galva and so he had to get her to the pmc and ran into the girls.

Tsubaki folded her arms. "Look, kid, we were in the middle of a training session," she said gruffly, "So, unless ya got somethin' important to tell us, we need to be gettin' back to it."

"Hmm?" Samyra whipped around and saw a girl standing in front of her with a Gardevoir. "Oh, hello." Her red hair fell back to her sides after she took it down. She felt Ruka's excitement at the sight of the Gardevoir, Ruka was typically extremely friendly yet very calm at the same time. "My Ninetales likes your Gardevoir quite a bit." She looked down at Ruka, who didn't give any indication of excitement on her face, but Samyra could feel it emanating from her. She took notice of Tsubaki and Chris.

"Ah well I should be getting back to training, let's go Tsubaki" Diana said as she dragged the older girl by her arm while her Gardevior followed. Once Diana dragged them all the way back to their original spot where their Pokemon was she let go of Tsubaki's arm and smiled up at the taller girl, Diana's Pokemon were very suprised sense the blond usually shut people out or just gave a short greet before leaving usually with no emotion whatsoever but Diana had been acting more openly ever sense she met Tsubaki which actually made her Pokemon really happy for their trainer

Tsubaki cleared her throat. "Anyway, as I was saying before," she began, "Every pokemon on a team has a role to play in battle. Even in contest battles, ya need to have strategies for dealin' with the opposing team."

The older girl glanced down at Euro and Dollar. "In contest battles, ya win by outshinin' your opponent, don'tcha?" she explain, "So, say you're up against a pokemon who has a really flashy moveset. You're gonna want one of your team to be equipped ta shut 'em down, right? So, watch this."

Tsubaki sent Euro forward. "Euro, use water pulse!"

The small normal type sent up a huge, pulsing blast of water, at Dollar.

"Now, Dollar, use night slash!"

The murkrow sped into the blast, shattering it into a sparkling rain shower, with his wing.

"Ya see? A move that shoulda made Euro look great, was hijacked by Dollar, and he was the one who ended up looking great!"

Chris left the girls to their business and rushed into the Pokemon center. "can you heal my Pokemon please",Chris asked nurse joy. after she left with galva Chris seen another trainer with a charizard. Chris went to greet the trainer. "Hi my name is chris and this is my wimpod goloso", Chris said.

"oh, I understand, but I have a question" Diana stated "But can only attacking moves look good?". Diana then started to slightly plan a perfect combo sense the Jubilife Contest needed for a coordinator to use two pokemon. "Tsubaki do you think we could have a battle so I can try out what you told me?" The Lolita asked

"I haven't tried it out for myself, but I'm sure that the same principal applies for non-damaging moves," she answered, "Alright, if ya wanna give it go, then we oughta get to it. One on one, or a double battle?"

Name: Strorgos "Stror" Vythalinibor Darastrix
Appearence: His hair is spiky, and there is a color gradient, which is: Brick red roots, yellow (not blonde) hair, silver tips. Although, his eyebrows are blonde (less harsh yellow). His eyes are silver with yellow and brick red specks flecked across the irises. His skin is tinted yellow, and there is a reason for his strange coloration. His powerful aura bled onto his appearance, reflecting the three types he wants to specialize in (this powerful aura also affects his personality to be like that of the three types he's proficient in). Yellow = Electric; Brick red = Fighting; Silver = Steel. He has lean and big muscles, and has been working out and training constantly and with his dad's Fighting-Type Pokemon since he could stand (so for 11 years). He is 5'08" (1.72 m) and weighs 160 lbs (72. 6 kg).

He has on a Blue Lightning motif hoodie, grey tank top, dark grey sweat pants, black speedo that go down midway his thighs, and black and blue sports shoes with athletic socks. He also has a hand-made necklace made out of twine that holds the charms: Magnet, a Lightning Amulet, an Iron Ball, an Iron Amulet, a Black Belt, and a Fist Amulet and it dips right underneath his collarbone. He also has a black and yellow backpack to house all of his essentials for traveling.
Personality: Energetic, full of energy, loves pranks, loves to fight hand-to-hand combat - no matter the creature, constantly working out, hates being weaker than others and takes his training seriously, sometimes can go overboard with the training for himself but never his Pokemon, very determined to do what he thinks is right and extremely hard to dissuade. Becomes mentally strained when up against a lose-lose situation that conflicts with his morals. Very emotional. Can be quite impatient. Is a huge geek and nerd and knows a lot about computers and technology for his age, as well as how the muscles in the human body works, and how electricity works, and where most of the electrical generating organs are on most Pokemon. He usually keeps his Pokemon out of their Poke Balls. He is also bisexual, but more into men than women.
Pokemon: Chimchar (Inferno, M), Shinx (Ray, M), Pineco (Fort Pine, M)
Badges/Ribbons: None in Sinnoh (3 badges in Kanto, 6 in Johto, and 3 in Hoenn. Practically starting over in Sinnoh).
Hometown: Was born in Cocona Village, Oblivia. Lives North of Mt. Moon. Is now living in a special vacation home owned by his parents, which is in Sandgem Town.
Skills: Knows self-defense and has been training with the Hitmons for awhile. Great dancer and great at overcoming physical obstacles. Very great control of his body. Understands the emotions a Pokemon is feeling, but is so empathetic he starts feeling the emotions, too. Really good at encouraging! Knows some Italian. Also knows a lot about electronics and how to properly take care of and train Electric-Types. Also knows a lot about metals and which metals can corrode, which ones can conduct heat and electricity, and so forth. He also tends to mess around with his Pokedex, causing it to start speaking in foreign languages by pushing a certain node on the circuit board, speak backwards, or pull up information of a Pokemon with a completely different Pokemon's picture, and had a good kick out of it.
Backstory: Because of his body hitting puberty, his aura began to bleed onto his pigments, causing strange colors. He's empathetic so he starts feeling the emotions, too, acting out in some cases. Since he's been training with Fighting-Types since he was 4, he could use martial arts to protect himself and his friends, and got really into studying every kind of fighting style. Same thing happened when he got his own computer, test bench, and a book about electronics and another book about metals, which he takes with him. They're quite tattered, with his notes quickly scrawled on the margins.

He moved to the Sinnoh region for school. Once he was done with his one-year study, he was hoping to get into some contests and win some badges in Sinnoh, gaining a Chimchar from Professor Rowan for helping him with his research while he was still in school. After that, he caught a Shinx in the adjacent route and is now hunting for any Electric-, Fighting-, and Steel-Type Pokemon.
Family:
Daskar Tonyth Darastrix (Father)
Lyria Arcaneva Darastrix (Mother)
Pyroshu Rastrixen Darastrix (Brother - older by 15 minutes)
Mielshtrix Pabith Darastrix (Brother - older by 10 minutes)
Shadara Arcafiwhed Darastrix (Sister - younger by 5 minutes)
Catrina Shanordash Darastrix (Sister - younger by 9 months)
Lorenza Mustrava Darastrix (Sister - younger by 9 months)
Poitoxi Drikog Darastrix (Brother - younger by 18 months)
Species: Chimchar - [type]Fire[/type]
Nickname: Inferno
Ability: Iron Fist - The power of affected punching moves are increased by 20% (punching moves include: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Plasma Fists, Power-Up Punch, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, and Thunder Punch. Inferno can only really know Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, and Thunder Punch, and Mach Punch when he evolves).
Held Item: N/A (will later have a Black Belt, which powers up Fighting-Type Attacks by 20%).
Hidden Power Type: Fairy
Special Features: Inferno is just four inches taller than the average Chimchar (1'08" | 0.5 m), which would make him 2'00" (0.6 m).
Strengths: He is stronger than Ray and very agile and quick, able to use the environment to his advantage.
Flaws: He doesn't take hits very well and is slower than Ray.
Quick History: Inferno was given to Stror by Professor Rowan when Stror was helping the professor with his technology advancements. Since Stror only worked with an intern salary (heh), he got a Chimchar for his troubles. As soon as Stror obtained Inferno, he began to train him, which Inferno loved. He loved the power coursing through his veins. He soon finally got strong enough to go with Stror on his journey. While they were on Route 202, they had caught a Shinx. After training against several trainers on Route 202, Inferno was going to evolve, but he stopped it short. He didn't want to evolve just yet. He wanted to stay as a Chimchar and master this form before he evolves, to which Stror was very okay with this.
Personality: He likes to thrash about and can be very impetuous and silly. Being the jolly little monkey he is, he doesn't exactly take battling too seriously, and will constantly taunt the opponent if Inferno think he's going to win, no matter what, which usually gets him into trouble. Outside of battle, he is super generous and loves to help others, even if it means he doesn't get anything or gets hurt in the end. He loves to pull pranks on his trainer at times.
Game-Equivalent Level: 15
Weaknesses: Water, Ground, Rock - 2x
Resistances: Fire, Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel, Fairy - 0.5x
Immunities: None
Moves Learned: Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt, Fury Swipes, Assist, Fake Out, Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Fire Punch, Focus Energy, Counter, Focus Punch, Quick Guard, Thunder Punch, Submission, Power-Up Punch, Heat Wave, Helping Hand, Encore, Toxic, Bulk Up, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Protect, Frustration, Iron Tail, Return, Dig, Brick Break, Double Team, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Aerial Ace, Torment, Façade, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Overheat, Fling, Endure, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Stealth Rock, Captivate, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Grass Knot, Swagger, U-Turn, Substitute, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb
Family: Infernape (mother and numerous grandmothers), Blaziken (father), Purugly (grandfather), Hitmonchan (great-grandfather), Machamp (great, great-grandfather), Lucario (great, great, great-grandfather), Arcanine (great, great, great, great-grandfather), Slaking (great, great, great, great, great-grandfather).

Species: Shinx - [type]Electric[/type]
Nickname: Ray
Ability: Rivalry - Raises the power of a move by 25% if the target and Ray are both Male, but reduces the base power by 25% if the target is female, and the power will be unaffected when up against a Pokemon that is Genderless.
Held Item: N/A (will have a Magnet strapped on to the Pokemon's back, which powers up Electric-Type Attacks by 20%).
Hidden Power Type: Ground
Special Features: Ray is just four inches taller than the average Shinx (1'08" | 0.5 m), which would make him 2'00" (0.6 m).
Strengths: He is fast and powerful, able to quickly change direction at a dime's notice and can quickly execute moves.
Flaws: He isn't the most agile Pokemon and will lose the target if they start dodging around the Pokemon.
Quick History: Ray had been found by Stror when he was heading his way through Route 202 to get to Jubilife City. He liked the energetic energy coming off of Stror, so he met him and his Inferno in battle. The way Ray fought against Inferno caused Stror to want to catch Ray. After Inferno got seriously injured after they both matched each other in strengths and flaws, Stror threw a Poke Ball and caught him. Ray graciously accepted it and has been training with Stror ever since, loving the thrill of a fight.
Personality: He loves to fight and run. During a battle, he is very brave, going up against Pokemon three times his own size. He can be quite the cuddle bug outside of battle, and will become quite stubborn when he doesn't get his way. He is very boisterous and his ego is almost as inflated as his trainer's, and he doesn't take to losing very well.
Weaknesses: Ground - 2x
Resistances: Electric, Flying, Steel - 0.5x
Moves Learned: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Baby-Doll Eyes, Spark, Eerie Impulse, Signal Beam, Take Down, Fake Tears, Night Slash, Fire Fang, Helping Hand, Thunder Fang, Howl, Ice Fang, Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Swift, Roar, Toxic, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Double Team, Façade, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Thief, Charge Beam, Endure, Flash, Thunder Wave, Captivate, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Swagger, Substitute, Strength
Family: Luxray (mother and numerous grandmothers), Ampharos (father), Zoroark (grandfather), Arcanine (great-grandfather), Mightyena (great, great-grandfather), Zebstrika (great, great, great-grandfather), Jolteon (great, great, great, great-grandfather)

Species: Pineco - [type]Bug[/type]
Nickname: Fort Pine
Ability: Overcoat - Protects the Pokémon from things like Sandstorm, Hail, and all Powder and Spore moves (Cotton Spore, Poison Powder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, and Stun Spore), as well as Effect Spore.
Held Item: N/A (will later have a Hard Stone in a pouch, with a string pierced through a ridge in his shell).
Hidden Power Type: Flying
Special Features: Fort Pine has a more chipped shell than other Pineco, mainly because more Pokemon has tried to mess with him..
Strengths: He is physically the toughest Pokemon on Stror's team.
Flaws: He doesn't deal too much damage and is the slowest on the team, preferring to take damage than to dodge.
Quick History: Fort Pine was founded in a tree by Stror's Chimchar. After a bit of a scuffle, Fort Pine is now a member of Stror's team.
Personality: He is a very relaxed Pokemon, preferring to not get into fights unless needed and doesn't spend too much energy unless provoked. He knows he can take a lot of hits, and will even get into the way of certain fights to try and calm everyone down before an argument escalates.
Game-Equivalent Level: 20
Weaknesses: Fire, Flying, Rock - 2x
Resistances: Grass, Fighting, Ground - 0.5x
Moves Learned: Tackle, Protect, Self-Destruct, Bug Bite, Take Down, Rapid Spin, Bide, Double-Edge, Toxic Spikes, Counter, Endure, Pin Missile, Power Trick, Flail, Stealth Rock, Revenge, Sand Tomb, Swift (Later: Toxic, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Giga Drain, Frustration, Solar Beam, Return, Dig, Double Team, Reflect, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Facade, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Explosion, Payback, Gyro Ball, Captivate, Rock Slide, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Swagger, Substitute, Strength, Rock Smash)
Family: Forretress (mother), Heracross (father), Shuckle (grandfather), Crustle (great-grandfather), Pinsir (great-great grandfather), Flygon (great-great-great grandfather), Ledian (great-great-great-great grandfather).

Species: Ralts - [type]Psychic[/type][type]Fairy[/type]
Nickname: Spartacus
Ability: Synchronize - When Poisoned, Burned, or Paralyzed, the inducer will receive the same status condition.
Held Item: N/A (will later have a Muscle Band around his neck, which will boost the power of Physical attacks by 10%).
Hidden Power Type: Water
Special Features: Spartacus is 1'08" (0.5 m) tall than the average Ralts, which is 1'04" (0.4 m).
Strengths: He is the quickest Pokemon on the team, but he isn't he fastest. He can dodge pretty well and can see what the Pokemon will do once the attack is called out and determine where the Pokemon will go by looking at the muscles.
Flaws: He isn't the toughest, nor the strongest on the team, which can be a bit overwhelming.
Quick History: Spartacus was founded by Ray and was trying to physically fight against the Shinx, ending up in a swift victory for him.
Personality: He is a very adamant Pokemon, preferring to fight physically when he isn't physically cut out for fighting in that style, and will go against Stror's orders in the beginning. Once Stror trains him enough and gets him to respect him more, the Ralts will then fight when Stror tells him to, and will regain a bit of honor after evolving into a Gallade. He has a very strong ambition to become the best fighter, and wants to evolve into a Gallade. He likes to thrash about, preferring to fight recklessly and without abandon, which can cause him to faint most times.
Weaknesses: Poison, Ghost, Steel - 2x
Resistances: Psychic - 0.5x; Fighting - 0.25x
Immunities: Dragon (if given a ring target, Dragon-Type attacks will do 1x the damage).
Moves Learned: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Disarming Voice, Lucky Chant, Misty Terrain, Ally Switch, Destiny Bond, Disable, Grudge, Mean Look, Skill Swap, Synchronoise, Confuse Ray, Memento, Shadow Sneak, Encore (Later: Calm Mind, Toxic, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Taunt, Light Screen, Protect, Rain Dance, Safeguard, Frustration, Thunderbolt, Return, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Reflect, Shock Wave, Torment, Facade, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Thief, Snatch, Fling, Charge Beam, Endure, Recycle, Flash, Thunder Wave, Psych Up, Captivate, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Dream Eater, Grass Knot, Swagger, Substitute, Trick Room).
Family: Gardevoir (mother), Cofagrigus (father), Reuniclus (grandfather), Chimecho (great- grandfather), Spiritomb (great-great grandfather), Swalot (great-great-great grandfather).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young boy could be found prowling around the stadiums nearby the rest of the group, finding people to fight. His Chimchar sat on his shoulders, while his Shinx was at his feet, using his ears to find any other human besides the group nearby. They finally found an older kid, eyeing the boy for some reason. Stror smirked. That's his chance.

"You there! I wanna battle you!" he declared loudly, causing a few Starly to fly off from the nearby shrubbery. An older boy, who looked to be 16, looked over from his double take. Why was he yelling at him? Did the boy caught him staring? Uh-oh... Well, a little bit of money and experience won't hurt.

"What do you want, punk?" the older boy grumbled.

"Are you deaf? I want to battle you! Now get on the battlefield, so you can taste defeat! I'm Stror, and I hail from the Kanto Region," while the sporadic kid talked, he hopped on one side of the field, ready for the fight. The older boy sighed, and went on the other side, throwing out his two Poke Balls nonchalantly. A Gastly and a Skorupi appeared on the field. Awesome! A double battle!

Stror pointed at the field and both Chimchar and Shinx dashed forward on the field. Time to be ruthless. Those couple of weeks of training really is going to pull through.

"Now, charge!"

Both Chimchar and Shinx dashed forward, getting a strange look on the older boy, but he wasn't going to let that confuse him. He chuckled and told his Gastly to use "Lick" on the Chimchar and the Skorupi to use "Poison Sting" on the Shinx, his side facing the commotion. Stror smirked. Perfect.

As the Gastly got close to the Chimchar, he yelled for Chimchar to use Fire Punch. The Chimchar's fist became engulfed in flames as it was headed straight for Gastly's outstretched tongue that was exuding this weird ghostly aura. A direct hit caused the Gastly to be flung backwards, his tongue now burning in pain. The Gastly let out a terrible screech of agony, and its eyes started to water. The Shinx was closing in on the Skorupi, while the Skorupi was getting ready to stab the Pokemon with its tail. Stror then yelled at Shinx to use Fire Fang. The Shinx's teeth sparked and then became engulfed in flames, and the Skorupi tried to run off, failing its Poison Sting move. The Shinx smirked and bit down on the tail, causing searing pain to the utmost degree on the Skorupi. The Skorupi used Iron Tail in a panic, his tail becoming steel-like, but the hardness of the tail melted as the Fire Fang kept its hold.

Shinx then threw the Skorupi back to its trainer, where the Gastly was retreating to. The man, infuriated, now put his full body towards the fight and yelled for his Pokemon to attack with any kind of move, since he was so angry he couldn't think straight. Smirking at the broken, young man, Stror told his Shinx to use Helping Hand and Chimchar to use Heat Wave. With that, Shinx put his paws on Chimchar, going behind him to avoid the heat, while still giving Chimchar some aid. The aiding lights went from Shinx to the monkey, as his next attack became stronger. The Chimchar then crossed his arms, his eyes glowing red for a second and his tail grew to the size of himself, and his body becoming hot to the touch. He then uncrossed his arms quickly as an explosion of fire escaped his body to then wash over the two Pokemon. The added strength aided in both Pokemon's defeat, causing the man to return his Pokemon, drop some of his money in anger and panic, and run off towards the Pokemon Center. Happy with his win, Stror pumped the air with his fist and Chimchar retrieved the money for Stror.

Stror took the money and put it in his wallet, smiling at the 500 yen he had gotten. The Chimchar went on his shoulder while Shinx pawed his leg. Chuckling, Stror picked up his Shinx and snuggled his face, while headbutting his Chimchar playfully.

"Great job out there! You two really showed him who's the boss around here! I should treat you two to something. What do you two want? Inferno? Ray?" the young kid looked to his respective Pokemon when he asked them. Both of them thought for a moment, but they didn't know what other treat they wanted. That's when he remembered there was somebody nearby. He looked over, letting Ray fall out of his hands and standing by his feet while Stror waved at the group in front of him, greeting them with a very hearty hello.

"Hello there! How are you girls doing?" as he asked, he ran over to them, so they could be heard better. The flame on Chimchar's rear end had practically doubled in size from the fight, and Shinx's electrical organs on its forelegs could be heard crackling with energy still. Stror looked at the Pokemon they had out and smiled. He remembered two of his siblings owning a Murkrow, and a Gardevoir, and one of them owning a Meowth. He couldn't help but feel giddy meeting the same Pokemon his siblings have had before.

Last edited:
"Well we should do a double battle sense the Jubilife Contest is pretty much doubles", The blond then signaled for Hex and Seraphina to come forward and just like their trainer signaled the male Bannete and the female Absol walked up to Diana's side

Name: Chet J. Manley, IV
Appearance: Chet is a tall, blond-haired, brown-eyed caucasian male in relatively decent shape. He wears nice brown denim jeans, a white shirt, a green jacket, and brown loafers. As he is from Unova, he speaks with a different accent than those in Sinnoh. He tends to wear nice clothes that look pretty plain to the untrained eye. He wears a nice silver watch on his left wrist and a gold family ring on his right middle finger, prominently displaying his family's sigil of Solgaleo's head with two swords crossed behind it and a ribbon underneath bearing the motto Kalakut (meaning "Fire" in ancient Alolan).
Personality: Chet is a jolly, happy-go-lucky trainer with a heart of gold. Underneath that exterior, however, lies an inability to accept failure and major depression when failure comes (which can be fairly often). Chet is smart, witty, funny, and resourceful, but is also blunt, anxious (tending to overthink most things), prideful, and can be mean when under stress. Regardless of who he is talking to or dealing with, though, Chet assumes the best and believes that people are inherently good. He is incredibly loyal and understanding but is swift to judge and act, especially if you have disrespected or hurt him, his Pokemon, or those close to him.

Chet's first love is helping people, second love is battling, and third love is women. If there was an old woman needing help crossing the street, a Pokemon battle challenge, and a pretty girl to impress, Chet would do everything in that order (granted, Chet would also try to do all at once. Being able to win a Pokemon battle while helping an old woman across the street isn't exactly a deal-breaker in the Pokemon universe, now is it?)

While Chet actively tries not to be "that guy", he, most of the time, ends up being "that guy". Chet is basically the friend you can count on for most anything but likes pineapple on pizza. He is incredibly trusting (almost to a fault) and his only goal in life is to be better than he was the day before.
Skills: Chet can speak fluent English, Japanese, and Spanish. Coming from a well-off family, he is fairly well educated (having finished early to an all-boys Trainer prep school in Sinnoh) and is a specialist in Pokemon battles. Has an encyclopedic knowledge of battle theory, but sometimes lacks skill when applying them. He knows how to survive out in the wilderness, and carries a survival kit with him in his backpack.
Pokemon: Totodile (Africa, M)
Badges: 0
Backstory: Chet J. Manley, IV comes from the prestigious Manley family of Southern Unova. A battling prodigy as a child, Chet's father, Chet J. Manley, III, continuously pushed his son to battle more, in hopes that he would become the Unova champion, and showed him nothing but love and encouragement. Chet's father sent him to the best all-boys Trainer prep school money could buy: Oak's School for the Gifted.

It was at this school that Chet met his Pokemon partner: Africa, the Totodile. Chet excelled in Battle Theory and Application, becoming a major powerhouse at the school and joining the Battling team with Africa as his partner. He used his talents to become extremely popular at school, to where the girls at the sister school, Our Yamask of Perpetual Sorrow, were able to recognize him off the street (which only inflated Chet's ego). Chet became arrogant, picking on those he deemed lesser than him, hiding an internalized a need to become the best, accepting nothing but absolute perfection and becoming inconsolable in the face of failure. Besides his need to be the best and problems dealing with failure, Chet's life seemed perfect.

This would not be the case forever, though, as tragedy struck during Chet's senior year of high school when his father crashed his car into a sleeping Snorlax one foggy night, leaving him comatose. Over the ensuing month, Chet saw his father deteriorate and die in front of him, reminding him of the sole imperfection of life: death, and that he needed to live his life well so that it was not meaningless in the end. It also instilled a deathly fear of cars in him and made him stop practicing Pokemon battling for a good year. He finished school, apologized to those he treated poorly, and moved to Jubilife City with nothing but his clothes on his back, Africa, and his mom's credit card. Chet hopes to make his father proud by winning the Pokemon League and becoming a Gym Leader somewhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chet had began his day like any other: getting up early, making a cup of coffee, sitting on his apartment terrace, and watching the sunrise. But today was different. Today, he locked up his apartment for the next few months and traveled around the Sinnoh region to collect all the badges.

The sun was shining, people were out having a good time, it was a great day to be alive. Chet had just arrived in Jubilife City from Unova a couple weeks prior, ready to begin his journey. He gathered his things, and left his apartment with his bag packed and ready to go.

Or so he thought.

Chet ran into a Wurmple on Route 203 that decided to ruin his day and poison Africa with a well-aimed Poison Sting. So, like any logical trainer with no experience save his time at prep school in another country, he picked up Africa and booked it to the Pokemon Center.

Chet had hurried back to the Pokemon Center to a Nurse Joy that was more than happy to help him out.

"Maybe you should pick up some potions and antidotes before you go," she advised Chet, "That way you don't have to keep running back here to make sure that your Totodile is healthy!"

That had made Chet look around a bit for the item kiosk.

Strange, Chet thought, I guess Sinnoh doesn't have a PokeMart built into their Centers.

"Ummm," Chet began, his face wrought with confusion, "Where can I find the Mart, ma'am?"

"Oh, with an accent like that, you must be from Unova!" she exclaimed, "Strange that you have a Totodile as a starter. In Sinnoh, our PokeMarts and Centers are two separate buildings; the Mart is just down the road!"

"Oh, okay. Thanks!" Chet thanked Nurse Joy before heading out the back door into the courtyard. Potions and antidotes. That's Chapter One of Battling and You. Stupid, Chet. STUPID.

It was in this state of anxiety and self-deprecation that Chet physically ran into a boy with three colored hair. Chet fell back onto Africa, who let out a squeak reminiscent of a Starly getting strangled.

"Oh, crap!" Chet yelled as he scrambled to get off of Africa, "Sorry, buddy! Didn't mean to squish you there!"

Africa simply laid on his back, breathing and looking up at the sky, as if wondering why he even bothered to get out of bed that day.

Chet turned to face the boy and two girls.

"Sorry about that!" Chet said loudly, scratching the back of his head, "Got a little lost in my own head there. I guess I should really watch where I'm going!" Chet laughed nervously, a bit mad at himself that he had embarassed himself in front of three people he had not met yet.

Last edited:
Stror felt something bump into him, and his posture on greeting the two girls in front of him hadn't budged a bit. He looked over to see an older boy on the ground, now trying to get back up before his Totodile got too squished. He remembered his older brother had one. He waved a dismissive hand at the boy, apparently the boy's embarrassing situation not bothering Stror one bit.

"Ahh, don't worry, pal. I'm Stror, by the way. How are you? Judging by your accent, you are not from Sinnoh. Or Hoenn. Or Johto. Or Kanto.... Huh... Could you be from Kalos? Nahh, nahh, too harsh.... Alola? Nooo, not that either. This accent is different... Orre? Nah, not that either... Unova? Is it Unova? I feel like it is Unova," Stror chuckled, Inferno waving a hand at the boy and the Totodile while Ray walked up to Africa, sniffing his scent. He hoped that the Water-Type wasn't afraid of Electric-Types, since the electricity in the forearms were still crackling like mad.

Last edited:
"Yeah, you're right about that," Chet said, chuckling as he gave a small wave, "I'm Chet. Chet Manley. I just moved here from Unova!"

Chet picked up Africa and sat him down on the ground. Still dazed a bit, Africa shook it off and looked up at Chet with a look before smiling and letting out a friendly growl. Africa then turned his attention to the new Pokemon and pet Ray on his head.

"This little guy is Africa," Chet announced, motioning to his partner. "What are you and these ladies up to?" Chet smiled at the group.

Dianas attention on Tsubaki was soon broken when her Absol suddenly walked up to the Totodile, "Seraphina what are you doing....Oh um were you standing there the whole time?" The young Lolita asked as she walked over to the two males