• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventure in Johto Discussion Thread

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Oh my god... let's start from the beginning.

Step 1: Go to pokemonshowdown.com

Step 2: Click on "Choose Name" at the top right part of the page.

Step 3: Type in whatever username you want and click on "choose name."

Step 4: Click on "Teambuilder"

Step 5: Click on "+New Team."

Step 6: Click on "Select a format"

Step 7: Click on "OU" in "SM Singles"

Step 8: Click on "Add Pokémon"

Step 9: Type in "Chimchar" and select the only thing. Then put in the information for Chimchar (shouldn't be too hard)

Step 10: Once you finish, click on "<Team" and tell me your username on this.

The rest should be easy.

I don't think I should continue. @CosmicDreams technically auto'd as he made my character defeating the Bellsprout not happen. Hysan is also the poorest trainer, not even having a Poketch. To be fair, my character is poor and then @CosmicDreams turns his defeating Bellsprout into nothing. Look, I get that it's YOUR RP, but that doesn't mean that you can auto. I wanted to defeat the Bellsprout and you should be able to live with that as it is just a website, not real life.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Idc about the bellsprout.you can think what you think. It doesn't matter, do what you want. Like you said this is just a website made to have fun with other Pokemon fans. So just do exactly that.

I also just read the post of Tristan and Callum battling, and seriously? Take Down? That's godmoding to be fair as Take Down is a 80 base power attack, and we have 20-45 damage moves right now. This seriously isn't fair.

When he goes around the arena the smoke also spreads faster. He began getting used to where the rocks were and decided it was time for him to stop using Smokescreen and start using "Take Down." Tell that to the proof from the RP.

Also:
Also, keep on using Take Down to hit Chimchar," Cal said calmly.

Also considering the fact that Magma used it multiple times, a single scratch would've taken it out. We have to take into account recoil damage as well.

I just need to point out one of the rules: Proper grammar. This means not typing 'cya' and using correct capitalization and using correct word forms. I mean this mainly to @CosmicDreams, as I know personally he is fluent in English but still uses 'fighted' and incorrect capitalization. I am sorry if I sound like a jerk to anyone who isn't that good at English. I am, and I just want to have a RP where we understand what the other is saying. I know what everyone means, though. I just mean that @CosmicDreams is making up words such as 'fighted'. Please restrain from doing this. Using incorrect word forms is fine by me if you are not all that fluent in the English language. Just strive to use proper capitalization and don't make up words, please.

Also:
Also, keep on using Take Down to hit Chimchar," Cal said calmly.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cya is just how I write, even if it's not proper grammar doesn't make it against the rules. I never got a warning for doing that and I write it a lot. As for "fighted" it was only a single grammar mistake

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Also there are quotes around take down, that means it's not really take down, sarcasm is something i like to use in my writing.

Chimchar's attack hit Magma square in the face, which hurt Magma.

If Chimchar is that fast, then there's a couple of things I can do to beat it. I could use Ember and hope for a burn, but it's too low of a chance. In that case...

"Magma, use rock tomb and agility and make some barriers. Also, keep on using Take Down to hit Chimchar," Cal said calmly. At first, Magma had no idea what to do, since he didn't know any of those moves. Then, he put the pieces together. Through the idea of improvising and the area, he figured out a strange way to do what Cal said, and knowing his strange ways, Magma thought what he was going to do will be accurate. He jumped on one of the rocks near him and then another while using Smokescreen which causes him to pick up momentum and also prevents Chimchar from seeing him. When he goes around the arena the smoke also spreads faster. He began getting used to where the rocks were and decided it was time for him to stop using Smokescreen and start using "Take Down." Magma knew Cal knew he doesn't know the move, so he uses the best next thing. Tackle. He keeps on getting faster and striking Chimchar. Immediately after he strikes, he goes to the next rock and strikes again. The process keeps on repeating, but Magma doesn't really know if he's striking hits. He himself can't see that well in the smoke, and can just somewhat remember where Chimchar is before the smoke. Sometimes he feels like touching something, other times he just went through the air. Eventually, the smoke began to cease and Magma stopped jumping.

"WOW! Thats ten times more effective than what I thought of! Did Elm give me some sort of genius Cyndaquil?" he asked aloud.

You used Take Down in the beginning of the post...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
One other thing, in the anime the battles have a lot of explosions yet nobody comes to see the battle, so why does it happen now lol

One other thing, in the anime the battles have a lot of explosions yet nobody comes to see the battle, so why does it happen now lol
I don't know. Hysan just walked past it. Someone needs to get a gym badge already. We also need more Pokemon. Also, for Showdown, what team version, OU or gen 4?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Gen 7 ou. I understand you wanting a badge but in the anime it took like a dozen episodes so if we get it like snap it's not that interesting.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Magma knew Cal knew he doesn't know the move, so he uses the best next thing. Tackle.

At first, Magma had no idea what to do, since he didn't know any of those moves. Then, he put the pieces together. Through the idea of improvising and the area, he figured out a strange way to do what Cal said, and knowing his strange ways, Magma thought what he was going to do will be accurate.
Proof he doesn't know take down and he uses tackle. Also I said he doesn't know take down like 3 times so your argument is incorrect from the beginning because I'm controlling my own Pokemon to NOT know that move

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
*is literally in the middle of the battle* 50 posts and then you can start your at least 3 post long gym battle. Lol we need to keep things interesting and never do non wild 1 post battles or the RP gets boring