• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ads Inside Message Box

Is this normal? To have an ad. inside of your comment box? Here is a pic:

Attachments

• Uhh....png
    Uhh....png
    16.5 KB · Views: 40
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here but,
It may be an extension installed by a third party. I had one that kept redirecting me to a different search engine. If you don't know how to check I can post some pictures that show how.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it may be a good idea for you to run some scans on your computer to make sure your browser hasn't been hijacked by some form of malware - it's quite possible the problem is on your end rather than ours.

Hmm... I didn`t notice that before I`m just seeing ads everywhere I go now this site but the mailbox?... I just never noticed that...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just going to pop this here, in case the issue is related in any way...

screenshot_01.png

The Mega Pokemon and Information have taken on the appearance of being an advert rather than being boards on the forum. I happens on a number of other pages too and I really don't remember them looking like that before...

(Safari Version 7.0.3) (OS X Mavericks 10.9.3)

Based on my knowledge,
  • The glitch is more likely to happen in the Playground trends. (in my point of prescriptive)
and
  • Something you can do to avoid this is if you have Google chrome and open an incognito window.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The sub forums losing the backgrounds (Magpie's issue) is a separate problem :)

Not sure if I should be posting here, but this issue has happened to me aswell.
Ad inside message box.PNG

What's weird though, is that this came up after me trying to like a work, the like button taking me to some MMORPG ad, and me pressing the back button.