1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private/Closed Ace Academy - Trainer School Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Role Play Discussion' started by ~Patriot~, Jul 3, 2019.

?

Which class should we have first?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2019.
  1. Battling 101 w/ Mr. Redwood

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. First Aid for First Years w/ Nurse Hope

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Technical Knowledge w/ Professor Redwood

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Science Lab w/ Mrs. Nauka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Outdoorsmanship w/ Mr. Mustin

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Bronzor will be a lot of trouble for Brian's team.

2. KeenKitsune

KeenKitsune Previously >^-^<

Are you able to reply today Noah?

3. I think we're against JC and Henry who consists of Psychic, Normal and Rock but have Shadow Balls. If you're talking about Monty's Bronzor, it has Heatproof so it isn't immune to Ground but it is to Fire.

4. Heatproof doesn't make Bronzor immune to Fire; it reduces damage. Which would still be great for the first round if Litwick didn't have Astonish lol

For this pair, Ground is the most glaring weakness, but Dark and Ghost are also going to put them in big trouble.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that their worst nightmare is probably Bog's Nincada, if they make it past Round 1.

BogdanBug likes this.
  5. A battle against Henry and JC could go any which way, depending on what moves are called by Metronome. Remember, Spike can only deal damage through Metronome or Mirror Move, so such a battle would be very much unpredictable.

6. Even if that were the case, I still believe there should be a rare chance that it uses a move that's only used by a legendary.

7. To be honest, I'm probably just going to find a Metronome generator and see where that takes me, because that seems like a more balanced and interesting choice than trying to pick moves at random myself.

Edit: Also, sorry if this seems a bit rude, but @LunarSilvally, here's a reminder because I noticed that you haven't posted in this for a while and both of your characters will likely be needed soon.

#127 TheWanderer, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    ~Patriot~ and rooster87 like this.
  8. Sorry everyone. I've been really busy and this just slipped from my mind. Sorry. I'll be replying much more now

rooster87 and ~Patriot~ like this.
  9. @LunarSilvally I realize you were just messaged earlier, but I see you were recently active.
    You’ll be needed for a few battles whenever you can.

10. @~Patriot~ Will the battles go on at the same time, or is there an order of battlers?

11. They will be at the same time.

Mystic Zander and BogdanBug like this.
  12. Thanks for posting, but just as a side note, we’re team 5, not team 6.

13. Oh my apologize's let me fix the number ^-^ and no problem don't want to hold people up

14. Also btw only Blue the shiny Eevee knows Shadow ball not Wolfa the Rockruff and Idk if she can learn Shadow like her soul sister Blue just a heads up and nice artwork on the characters @BogdanBug ^-^ also I will have sketch examples for the siblings soon for you to see what they look like ok ^-^

15. Totally cool, also for everyone else I can't draw for a couple days because I've been busy with other stuff

Red Gallade likes this.
  16. I should also ask, are they gonna be battling using all their Pokemon or just one?

17. I probably should have mentioned that before, each trainer is restricted to one Pokemon. So it is 2 vs 2 in each match, not 2 vs 4 or 2 vs 3.

18. Then I guess I should decide who Brian will use first; maybe flip a coin for it.

19. One total Pokemon, remember. So once your character's Pokemon faints, they can't send in their next one.

20. I know, I just meant which one should he use for the first trainer battle. Of course he'll only use one, just deciding which.

21. I'm going to start the battles in my next post, so if you haven't already make sure you make a post meeting your partner.

22. Hey uh @LunarSilvally Zander asked so he could know what Pokémon your using. Mind mentioning that?

23. I fixed it @Mystic Zander so you can read it when you are available

Mystic Zander likes this.
  24. After my reply in the RP can I request a standby since @Red Gallade hasn't had a turn yet

~Patriot~ likes this.
  25. Sorry, these posts happened while I was asleep.

BogdanBug likes this.
  26. May I be on stand by as well once I do my post I like to wait for @TheWanderer to reply so he or she won't be behind

~Patriot~ and BogdanBug like this.
  27. I have a feeling we may need to limit our battle posts due to everyone's timezones so they have a chance to catch up.

BogdanBug likes this.
  28. Yes I believe so

BogdanBug likes this.
  29. Please don't double post in a battle against the same opponent. Since we are doing double battles there is a bit more leeway.

30. I'd say the Bite's damage is neutral due to Ralts also being a Fairy type.

31. Oh right forgot about that

32. Ralts might be able to have a slight advantage against Rockruff as he has Magical Leaf. (Which can be used for more than attacking.)

I'll let @TheWanderer reply before I make my nest one.

#154 Red Gallade, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  33. @LunarSilvally Youve autoed like 3 moves. Your opponents don’t seem to care so I won’t say much about that.
    But please refrain from assuming/forcing your attacks to hit in our battle.

BogdanBug likes this.
  34. Okay, I'm back. Sorry about that - I'm a bit busy during the days this week so I may not be able to respond all too quickly.

#156 TheWanderer, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  35. Alright, but I haven't done any moves with Shadow yet, but if your referring to JC then I'll calm it down a bit

36. I'm not gonna post for a little while, I do hope nothing much happens that would turn the tide while I'm gone.

37. I am now picturing a dog going nyoom in circles while Sentinel spins around in the center and it's the dumbest-looking thing. You're all welcome.

~Patriot~ likes this.
  38. To be fair, if we're talking about dumb-looking things, I have the image of a Super Saiyan Togepi shouting at the top of its lungs stuck in my head, so...

rooster87 and Von Pumpkin like this.