• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ace Academy - Trainer School Discussion

Which class should we have first?

• Battling 101 w/ Mr. Redwood

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • First Aid for First Years w/ Nurse Hope

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Technical Knowledge w/ Professor Redwood

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Science Lab w/ Mrs. Nauka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outdoorsmanship w/ Mr. Mustin

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the last of the students left the ship, the dock area's loud speakers crackled and emitted a melodic DING ding DING! The same woman's voice from the ship began speaking. "Attention students! Please make your way to the auditorium for first day orientation! You can find it using the guidebooks being handed out by our lovely staff."

Monty leafed through the thick pamphlet and promptly found the directions to the auditorium. "Come on, Sentinel," Monty said as he picked up the pace to get there quicker. "Zor," Sentinel hummed in response while floating alongside it's trainer. The pair made their way to the auditorium, meticulously making their way down the aisles before Monty spotted an open seat next to a boy with dark blue hair.

"'Scuse me...sorry...'scuse me," Monty whispered as he made his way through the mostly full row of seats. Finally he made it to the seat next to the blue haired boy. "What's poppin?" Monty asked as he set his stuff down. "I'm Monty," he said as he stuck a hand out for a handshake.
Are you referring to Brian?

I
@BogdanBug That's really cool! You should post them to the creative corner.

I will, once we have a complete class, so I can make a "Class pic" style, and post individuals from there. Anyway, I don't want the roleplay to be derailed into an art discussion so I'll be DMing the people I'll draw for any requests and only post the result here, as to avoid one-lne replies in the discussion board.

I have added a poll for which class we will begin with. Each one has a custom story line attached to it, so any of them if a great choice! If your characters enjoy battling, pick Battling 101. If they are a bit more medically or intellectually inclined, pick basically anything else (although all of them will involve battling).

Bogan.png Jacob Holt.png Ok that's the final re-do of Bogdan, and introducing Jacob Holt and Kammo, his Jangmo-o! (Special guest: Tan lines, because it's hot outside.)

Everyone is going to do a post involving them settling into their rooms, then we are going to skip ahead to the next day and begin the story line for whichever class wins the poll.

Hm. Everyone kinda rushed out and started doing time skips so freely.

It appears Patriot wasn’t done with introductions. I suggest we all slow our roll a bit and stop taking such important decisions into our own hands without consulting the group first.

Sorry everyone that I didnt post the introductions sooner, I put off some IRL stuff until today so I had to spend my day doing that. My full attention will be here from now on, though.

So, @~Patriot~ you said that we we're going to share dorm rooms with people. Im just wondering what the dorm room shares are going to be. Since you said you we're going to arrange that?0.

Sorry, followed the pack on this one. I feel like we should be told more things beforehand, though.
Edit: One point has been invalidated.

Last edited:
So, @~Patriot~ you said that we we're going to share dorm rooms with people. Im just wondering what the dorm room shares are going to be. Since you said you we're going to arrange that?0.
I was mostly keeping @LunarSilvally's characters in mind when I said that, the single room format we've been running with is good. There are going to be partners for classes, sort of like a buddy system.

Shared or not, it’s highly unlikely that each student would get an entire apartment to themselves.

And I hope it’s okay that I made the assumption single dorms would be fine. Everyone else felt so keen on giving themselves unique rooms I didn’t wanna interrupt there flow.

I was just tired and eager to write a post so I ended up just going with the flow.

Speaking of tired, I think I might as well hit the hay, so if anyone's gonna be active, know that I won't be for a little while.

I mean, it's fine if it's changed, but I guess that was something I was excited for. I've actually never done a private school RP before, but I'm used to seeing them have that dynamic. I imagine that the rooms are about the size of what a cheap motel room might be, if they're singles. Smaller, actually, since they probably don't have kitchens. More luxurious than a cheap motel room might be, obviously, since it's a fancy school on an island. Still. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

That's a bit large for a dorm room, Zman. I don't think even the fanciest school in the most remote of places has living rooms inside of dorm rooms, though they do sometimes have kitchenettes. (usually in colleges) Dorms are usually just bedrooms and sometimes have attached bathrooms.

I fixed it a bit... I’ll put the post up for now. I didn’t go into detail about what the room looked like, so it can be decided later.

I'm going to wait for the next day to be described. I got way too excited about being able to RP again before, but I'll try to slow my roll.
Also, there is at least one character who not gone to their room.

Sorry about my lack of RP posts with examples of how things are, I'm trying my best to multitask. The "base" room is a single room and a bathroom, while more...economically advantaged individuals can get rooms that consist of a dual kitchenette/living room, bathroom, and bedroom.

upload_2019-7-6_22-41-18.png
These are the randomized teams for any partner related activities in the RP, including...*drum roll*...the double battle tournament for Battling 101!

Nice! Sorry about the late and pretty long reply on the RP, I fell asleep and ended up writing the story around my tardiness, but it'll work out haha

As you can see in my most recent RP post, the different story lines will be organized by chapters. The chapters represent a focus on a specific class or event for a significant chunk of time, and each new class we attend will have it's own dedicated chapter. The way classes work at Ace Academy is pretty unusual, as each class takes up an entire school day. The order will be Battling 101, Outdoorsmanship, First Aid, Techinical Knowledge, and finally Science Lab.

Also, the time has skipped to the day after arrival.