• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ace Academy - Pokemon Trainer School RP

Monty put up his bar and sat up on the bench press bench, wiping the sweat from his forehead as he saw the kid with the scar walk into the gym. Huh, I wouldn't have pegged him as the athletic type, Monty thought as the other boy walked through the automatically sliding doors. "I try to work out every morning," Monty replied to the boy's question. Sentinel hummed excitedly and levitated a dumbbell into the air above Monty's hand, dropping it into it's trainer's open palm. "Sentinel here helps me out," Monty explained.

"Yeah. I just do it so i don't have the urge to fall back asleep. Like something to wake me up." He said as he chuckle afterwards and said. "Yeah. I would do that with my pokemon, but i usually let them sleep for a bit longer while I do this. Last time i tried to do that, it ended up with injured to say the least." He said as he then went over and grabbed weights. "Oh and also, I found that Poochyena's Trainer. So don't have to worry about it anymore." He said as he started to lift hus weights.

Monty curled the dumbbell in an exaggerated motion as he listened to the boy speak. "That's good to hear about the Poochyena," Monty replied. Should I feel bad that the thought hadn't even crossed my mind? Monty thought for a moment. It was an eventful day yesterday, of course I forgot all about the Pooch. Monty brushed the thought aside, before realizing there was another thing he hadn't thought of. "My name's Monty, by the way," he informed the boy. "Yours is?" At the same time as he asked the question, Monty's phone began to buzz. "Damn, only 10 minutes left for breakfast. Wanna walk over to the cafeteria together?"

Down in the cafeteria, Zander and Gunter sat across from one another with 4 trays of food between them.

“Mmffp. We neber had food like dis at my old shchools, huh Gunter?” Zander spoke up in broken English, his mouth stuffed with food which he vigorously chewed between each word.

“Magmag-by.” Gunter replied as he stuffed his mouth with a handful of Poke-kibble, before exhaling steam from its nose due to gulping it all down so quickly.

BELCH~

“Whew. I’m stuffed. How about you?” Zander questioned his partner, only to be answered by the sight of a full bellied Gunter laying across the cafeteria table with a look of satisfaction on his face.

“Heheh, overdo it huh? Alright...well we can’t sit around all stuffed, we better go for a walk to help settle our stomachs before battling class.” The spiky haired boy grumbled quietly whilst standing and stretching.

“Maaag.” Gunter groaned as is he comedically slid off the table, landing feet first on the floor, causing a small hollow thump as he did so.

The satiated duo both waddled from the cafeteria exchanging grins, quite pleased with what the school has had to offer thus far.

JC yawned groaning as she felt something soft on her neck, not to mention a bit of roughness on her stomach. She noticed Blue on her neck and Wolfa on her stomach. "Girls....get up..."she told them as the girls yawned getting up off her. She sat up on her bed before getting up go wash her teeth than pulled up her long dark brown hair up in a ponytail which was let loose before she slept. She looked at the time before noticing her meal tray and Pokemon kibble for the girls. She ate her breakfast before giving the girls her handmade Pokepuffs to them as they are them with a smile. She dressed herself in a black shirt that only covered her left shoulder, leaving her right shoulder exposed only showing the tank strap. In the front of the shirt it said "There is no room for judgemental comments" in light blue, light green, and light red colors. At the lower part of her was black shorts and bandages wrapped around her ankles and wrists. Black flats were on her feet as the straps with wrapped around her ankles securely. She fixed her glasses before placing on her black and silver cross around her neck. She looked out her window for the moment as Wolfa and Blue leaped on her shoulders to rest. "What's gling to happen next I wonder?" She asked herself as she wondered what her brother Shadow was doing crossing her arms against her chest.-

"Nice to meet ya Monty, Im Noah." He said as he then said. "Sure. But I wanna change afterwards. Do not want to wear workout shorts and a tank top to the first day of school. And I'm sure you don't wanna wear....That to your first day either." He said as he put the weights down and walked towards the door, expecting Monty to follow behind him, as he was smiling softly

After some time had passed, Bog was lucky he didn't end up spending the whole day getting ready. The dorm room was spick and span and he had already taken a hot bath. Bog changed into a slightly different version of his clothing with black compression pants under his shorts and a pair of running shoes, he dusted off his backpack, placed Nincada on his shoulder and started walking towards the Cafeteria while his Poochyena followed behind him.

Bog grabbed the natural berries that were in stock and some Pokecubes for his Pokemon. Sitrus, Oran and Chesto berries were his Pokemons, favorite. While Bog scanned for an empty table he took a bite of the large Sitrus fruit and when he though he had found one he sat down. Bog wasn't used to sitting down with people he hadn't battled with. It was like battling was the only way to bond with the boy

Monty followed after Noah with a slight pep in his step, hurrying along so that he would have time to grab some food before he had to change and grab his books from his room. Only 10 minutes to grab food then go change, Monty thought as he entered the cafeteria. Monty turned to Noah and said, "I'm gonna grab something and eat it on my way up to my dorm, I'll see you in Battling class." He power-walked over to the buffet area and loaded a take-out tray with some bacon and eggs before grabbing a couple Pinap berries for Sentinel. "Come on bud," Monty said to the Bronzor, and together the two power-walked back to their dorm room.

"That was good," Monty said aloud to no-one as he finished the last of his breakfast. Throwing the garbage in the trash chute, Monty tossed the berries to Sentinel and let the Bronzor eat while Monty showered. After a quick two-minute rinse, Monty changed into a black polo shirt and tan cargo shorts, along with a black pair of tennis shoes. "Time for Battling class, Sentinel!" Monty exclaimed, waving a hand to signal the Bronzor to follow along.

Noah waved bye to Monty and just made him a breakfast sandwhich and ate it on his way back to his dorm room. He then took a shower, got changed into a white shirt and some khaki shorts and Grabbed a truckers Hat and gave him pokemon some berries to snack on while he walked out of his dorm room and said. "Battle class. Lets win every battle.... If thats possible..." He said as Flame yelled in agree and Queen just nodded in response, not really confident it itself to battle as Noah then ran off to the class room and his Pokemon hurried behind him as Noah was smiling brightly and was very excited.

After the heavy breakfast, Bog and his Pokemon make their way to the Battle class room. Bog was always fond of battling and it's probably the only thing he was good at. Despite wanting to work as a professional Gym Leader, he never had the patience to read stacks of text books on Pokemon Biology or look up the Engineering of PKMN items, which were required units for the job. He only really knew battle tactics and training, but somehow he managed to sneak into Ace Academy with his above average Battle Score in training school.

Bog walked into the class room enthusiastic as ever. "At least since it's battling class. That means no paperwork I hope", he said as he walked into the classroom. There were already a few people in the room and a few more making their way from the cafeteria. He could only assume them as being students. "Well, I might as well learn these peoples' names if I'm gonna be stuck with them for the rest of the year."

Oh, no.

It was either the fiftieth or the one hundredth time Hana finished her rounds about the girls' dormitories and all the facilities it offered, when she got a good look at a clock. Only a few minutes left to eat? Ugh, she wasn't going to get to the cafeteria and finish a meal in that little time!

She was pretty sure she saw a snack vending machine somewhere. While she got herself a protein bar, she made plans to get more food to her room's cute little kitchenette. Whether she had to order from outside or not, having a steady stream of study fuel was a must.

She rushed out toward the battle class, protein bar in her mouth like an anime protagonist carried toast. Today was the first day of the rest of her school year. And she was going to make some dang friends today!

Brian smiled as he ate his breakfast and let out a light whistle in amazement when he saw Leila let out a rather large Dhelmise... and shiny to boot. "Wow... so that's what a shiny Pokemon looks like, I've always wanted to get one." He said with clear amazement as he resumed with his meal, Ralts and Gothita both gave a wave to Leila's Pokemon.

As Brian ate the last of his breakfast and looked at his watch, he almost jolted. "Oh my, it appears we have slightly under five minutes until class starts." He said as he slowly got up and drank the last of his coffee, Ralts and Gothita both managed to finish their food just in time for Brian to return them to their Pokeballs. Despite how little time they had until class started, Brian walked at a slow pace to let Leila catch up so she didn't get lost, he memorized the map before he went to bed last night, so he had some decent knowledge on where the battle class would be held.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Leila grinned, "I'm sure you'll stumble upon one eventually. I was really lucky that day," she said as she watched her pokemon wave back. A little while later, she finished her breakfast. Five minutes? How far away are we from the class? She cleaned up her and her pokemon's food, returned them to their ultra balls and followed him. She was glad that he was walking at such a slow pace this time since she wasn't a very good runner. He seemed to have memorized the map to some extent. Not wanting to get lost again, she made plans to start memorizing it when she got free time. "Thanks for leading the way, you're a lifesaver," she said earnestly.

Monty slowed his quick pace as he finally found the Battling building. Just like it showed on the map, each class had it's own seperate building. The Battling building was a large dome, with white paint creeping up the bottom half of it and clear glass on most of the top half. "Woah," Monty breathed in awe as he saw the stained-glass Altaria in the front of the dome, above the large sliding doors leading inside.

Monty walked through the giant sliding doors and was greeted with an impressive sight. It was as if a full jungle had been crammed into the building, and it was teeming with what were presumably the school's Pokemon. The jungle made a ring around a set of aluminium bleachers, while the bleachers made a ring around a dirt battling court. Mr. Redwood, whom Monty recognized from the teacher introductions in the auditorium.

Mr. Redwood paced back and forth along the length of the 80-foot battling court, stopping only to greet students as they began to fill in the bleachers. Mr. Redwood wore a red and black casual button down shirt that was more than a few shades darker than his messy red hair and stubble, and along with the shirt he wore a black pair of jeans and a pair of leather strap sandals. "Welcome to Battling 101," the teacher said as Monty approached. "I'll begin when the rest of the class arrives, so please take a seat and relax for the next few minutes."

As Monty passed by him to sit down, Mr. Redwood added, "Nice Bronzor, by the way. Is it's ability Heatproof or Levitate?" The question caught Monty off guard for a moment, but he found his composure quickly and responded, "I'm pretty sure Sentinel's ability is Heatproof." Mr. Redwood's eyes lit up, and he rubbed his hands together as if starting a fire and excitedly said, "That's probably the better of the two, given that fire is such a common offensive type. You've got some great coverage there with moves like Grass Knot to still counter the Ground-Types, plus a lot of Ground-Tyoes are part rock too so-Sentinel right?- so Sentinel wouldn't have tok much trouble fighting back." Monty shrugged and smirked, putting his hands behind his head and saying, "Thanks for the advice." Mr. Redwood smiled and replied, "No problem, I've got other students to talk to so go ahead and sit down" The teacher strode off to greet more students, and Monty took a seat on the bleachers.

She left her dorm on her way to the other students as she made her way to class since she ate breakfast in her dorm. She didn't know what class her brother was in so decided to go to her own class. "-I believe I have battle class, hm I'll have to believe Blue and Wolfa to win the best they can or so I taught them-" she thought before making her way into class. She saw students sitting on the bleachers as she greeted the teacher with a gentle smile before she made her way to sit down arms crossed as she placed one of her legs to rest on the other. She noticed the male sitting a bit of a distance from her but decided to stay quiet since she didn't know if he was nice or not.

Shadow was already out of his dorm heading to battle class as he had a feeling his sister would be there as well. He walked into the classroom after seeing students on the bleachers. He greeted the teacher with a calm smile before making his way to the bleachers as he sat next to his sister remaining quiet but kept a smile up as he crossed his arms against his chest waiting patiently.

Hana gripped the wrapper of her protein bar as she stepped inside of the Battling building. Thank the moon and stars and everything good that she wasn't late! She took a great big swig of her energy drink and, vibrating in place, bowed before the teacher. Her hair flipped flawlessly as she made her quick greeting gesture. A wide smile painted itself from ear to ear, though wouldn't reach her eyes.

She tossed the wrapper into the nearest garbage can and panted heavily. "Hi, Mr. Redwood! Go, Altarias!" Team spirit and all that! If she was going to blend in like she belonged here, she had to suck up at least a lot.

"I'm really looking forward to Battling 101! I think it'll be my favorite subject!" If only because it would be her best.

"Hopefully I will, I hear this island has only so many Pokemon, so I'm hoping I can at least find a shiny or two." Brian replied with a smile before he patted her back when she thanked him. "No problem, my dear. We students need to look out for each other." Brian said with a friendly wink before his eyes looked straight ahead and pointed at the building where a lot of other people seemed to enter. "This looks like the battling class, come on." He said as his walking pace became slightly quicker, it was clear that he was eager to get started not just with battling, but generally learning everything there is about becoming a trainer. Once inside, he went to a random seat somewhere near the middle and wondered if Leila would sit next to him... not that he would get his hopes up.

The Battling Dome was impressive, to say the least. As Henry walked into the building, he was awed by the dome, particularly by the sheer amount of it that was made out of glass. That has to be difficult to do, he though, and what happens if it hails or something? Shaking his head in amazement, he picked his way through the bleachers to a free spot and sat down, making eye contact with Professor Redwood and inclining his head in greeting. Looking around and seeing that a number of other students had their Pokemon out, he released Spike. With everything ready, he waited for class to begin.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
He's nice, I wonder if my other classmates will be like him? I certainly hope so, Leila looked again to where he was point, paused to observe the scenery for a moment before sitting down next to Brian. Once seated, she reached in her bag for her water bottle. She took a few sips before screwing the lid back on and putting it away. "Forget the gym, walking around the school should be considered a workout," she sighed, knowing that she would still check out the gym later. She glanced around at her class before glancing at the wandering teacher teacher and then back at Brain. "Thanks again for leading me to the right places. I'll make it up to you somehow," she said smiling. She liked to repay those who helped her in some way. "So what's a pokemon you hope to catch eventually?" she asked, trying to start small talk while they waited.

Brian chuckled softly at Leila's joke about walking around the school just for a workout, he did agree that the school was vast enough that an entire walk around would be like leg day. "Of course, far be it for me to leave a nice person like you lost like that." He replied with a wink before he pondered lightly on her question about what he would catch. "Personally, shiny aside, I aim to try and find any promising Psychic type Pokemon around here. I actually have a dream to one day be like my parents: A mixture of being a proud Pokemon trainer like my mother and a Psychic type user like my father... and hopefully live up to the fate he saw for me." He said, the last part about his dream he said as if it were written in a script.

After a filling breakfast, Jacob and Jangmo-o made their way through campus for their first class of the day. Surprisingly, the building was not too far from the cafeteria, but it wasn’t the distance that caught Jacob off guard, it was the building itself. Jacob gasped audibly as the large glass dome came into view. There was certainly nothing like this at his old school. Heck, this thing was probably bigger than his old gymnasium was. The extravagant colored windows were nothing compared to what the inside looked like. It was like an elaborate garden or indoor park. Jangmo-o was enraptured as well, jumping and trilling happily. Finally, Jacob took a seat in the bleachers, among some students he recognized. Jamgmo-o came to sit beside him while chewing happily on a leaf he had plucked off of one of the plants.

“Well, then.” Jacob noticed what his Pokémon had found. “I guess now we know the plants aren’t fake.”

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
"Psychic-type pokemon? Wow, that's cool!" Leila exclaimed. The way psychic types could move things with their minds had always amazed her. She listened to his dream-like statement and grinned. "It sounds like you have very encouraging parents," she stated. "Don't worry, I'm sure this school will teach us a lot about what we need to know. And, you seem like a smart capable person," she said. She noticed how more people were coming in and sitting down. "I believe class is starting soon," she said glancing at the teacher. A small smile graced her lips briefly as she thought of battling. This will be a fun school year.

Noah ran off to the battle class quickly, him not wanting to be late as once he entered the class room, or the dome he looked around the place curious and excited and also looked around for people that he knew, or people he wanted to battle as he then saw Monty and sat down next to him and said. "Hey dude!" He said as he then raised his hand for a high five.

Monty's face lit up when Noah arrived, and as Monty returned the high five he replied, "What's up man!" Monty looked around for a moment at the jungle surrounding them, then said, "Isn't this place crazy?"

As Monty asked his question, Mr. Redwood began to speak. "If everyone would please quiet down for a moment, I'm going to begin class." The voices that had previously flooded the building all hushed themselves, and the teacher began his introduction. "As many of you heard at orientation last night, my name is Mr. Redwood but you can call me Mr. R. I'm the Battling 101 teacher and the Battling Team's coach." Many students murmured amongst themselves when Mr. Redwood mentioned his position as the coach.

Would they have a spot for me and Sentinel? Are we good enough for a school team?
Monty thought as he listened to Mr. Redwood speak.

"Today I thought that we could postpone the learning and start off with some energy that hopefully will carry over into our future studies. Today we are going to be having a...drumroll please...battling tournament!" As Mr. Redwood made this announcement he clicked a button on the remote he was holding, and a big screen rose from the edge of the battling space. It held the names and pictures of the students, and had each of them paired up and facing other groups.

Hanabi, Monty thought as he scanned the crowd for the girl he was paired up with on the screen. When he laid eyes on her, the first thing Monty thought was, She seems kinda...twitchy. She had the crazy eyes that you only got after drinking five too many energy drinks, or seeing the Creation Dieties appear before your eyes.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Leila listened to Mr. Redwood talk before glancing up at the groups. "It seems as if we're in different groups. I'll see you around then Brian," she said before getting up to find Noah. First class and there's already a battle. This'll be a good time to assess my classmates' fighting techniques. She glanced around for sometime before finally spotting him. She made her way over to him, noticing multiple scars when she neared. "Hello," she greeted. "I guess we're team-mates for this activity. I apologize ahead of time if I'm not the best teammate," she said. This is just for fun after all, right?

Brian smiled as he heard what Mr. R. had to say, he looked up to the board to see who his battling partner was and stood up to go and find them. "See you later, Leila." Brian said with a friendly smile and a tip of his hat as he walked down to try and find this 'Bogdan' guy, he assumed that his partner will find him first due to the fact that there were barely any other students who wore a white fedora... despite the fact that his would be partner wore a straw hat which made him also stand out. "Hopefully this'll be a good chance for me to learn about how these other people battle. ...But try not to get annoyed if you lose... you should remember that the first battle with someone is merely a test of their strength and an opportunity to learn and beat them." Brian thought to himself as he continued to look around, eventually he saw someone in a straw hat and immediately approached them. "Hello there, I assume you're Bogdan, the guy I'm battling alongside?" Brian asked.

Looking up at the board, Henry saw that he had been paired with a girl named "JC" on Team 4. Whether those were initials, a nickname, or just her name he wasn't sure, but as he looked back through his memories of his time so far at the Academy, he realized that the person who was to be his partner in this also seemed relatively withdrawn, not interacting with the others too much. Casting a gaze around the bleachers for a few moments, he eventually found her several rows behind him, sitting near a boy who looked relatively similar to her. Maybe they were siblings? Hoping that JC, who looked a few years older than him, would be someone he could actually work with, Henry stood up and climbed up to where she was sitting, and extended a hand in greeting. "Hi there! I'm Henry, so I guess we're on a team together for this."

Whoa. Whoa, whoa whoa whoa, wait a cud-chewing minute here! Hana might have pulled an all-nighter to study type advantages and weaknesses, but that was under the impression she'd be doing simple, single-battles that would reflect her relative (lack of) strength as a battler!

She couldn't bring up her disparate strength compared to everyone else. Even if her Pokémon was still young, and hadn't been in many battles yet himself, she was expected to know how to be able to handle that as an applicant to this academy! Whether the rattled look in her eyes was due to the caffeine, or due to the fact that she was about to not only fail herself, but fail her assigned partner and everyone was going to hate her-- You know what, she'd say it was both.

She got up and went to find Monty, staring at the floor in shock as she walked. The giant of a person that was Monty stunned her even further, and she decided to focus on the Pokémon at his side instead. "Oh, no." Bronzor was a Steel type. If someone they fought in the tournament had a Ground type move, their team was screwed.

From her singular Heal Ball, she let her Rockruff out into the open. "Good morning, Pocchi," she greeted the Pokémon, chipper as a Sunkern on a summer day. "So, studying a whole bunch last night was a waste of my time, and we're doing a double battle tournament on the first day! Isn't that great?" She plastered on a smile so fake, it might as well have belonged to an automaton. "I think it's fine," she muttered under her breath, venom laced into each word. "I mean, it's only hoping we're super lucky and nobody we fight has Magnitude..."

Bog was taken back, responding to the voice that had called his name. Bog was too busy admiring the battle stadium and jumped a little when he heard his name. "Oh, uh Brian, right?", he said while clearly distracted by the figures hot pink pupils that seemed to glow under the shade of his white fedora. Bog now wondered how he hadn't spotted his partner earlier given the attire he was wearing. Snapping out of the trance, Bog pulled up his hat, "So, we're battle partners, huh? Given that we were made partners, we'll probably be participating in double battles or rotation battles...", Bog trailed off into his own words and started mumbling battle strategies.

Snapping back to reality once more, "Oh, sorry, the name's Bogdan, but you can call me Bog!", He said as a Nincada and Poochyena jumped to both his sides in an almost synchronised fashion, "I have no idea how you battle or what type your Pokemon are, but I can already feel the bond between you and your Pokemon, and I can already tell we're gonna impress Mr. Woody or something", the words left his mouth with an underlying passion and he raised his hand toward Brian to give him a firm handshake

Monty smiled as Hanabi approached, walking forward to meet her halfway and sticking out a hand in greeting. "I'm Monty. Looks like we'll be partners for the tournament." Monty noticed the Rockruff at her side at the same time as Sentinel, and the Bronzor floated down to greet the Rockruff. "May I?" Monty asked as he reached his other hand down to scratch the Rockruff behind the ears. "We cover a decent number of types, and since Steel is better than Rock defensively Sentinel can take hits while...Pocchi was it?...while Pocchi dishes them out."

After the students had more or less found their pairs, Mr. Redwood cleared his throat loudly to capture the group's collective attention. "The rules for the tournament are simple: If your Pokemon becomes too weak to keep battling or is forced out of the battling space, it will be considered disqualified. There is no use of items allowed. And last but not least, have fun! This is by no means a test or exam of some kind, just a way for you all to have a relaxing day before you get bombarded in your other classes. So go ahead and let your Pokemon out, discuss your strategies, and establish your pecking order!"

Mr. Redwood turned to his Glalie and commanded it to use Ice Beam. "Gla-" Glalie growled as it took in a breath of air. "-lie!" It roared as it used Ice Beam on the ground. Wherever the ice touched the ground froze, and Glalie used the move until several mini-arenas had been stenciled out.

This is in no way a test or exam of some kind. How wrong could someone be? No matter how Mr. Redwood intended it, the results of this tournament were going to show that Hana and Pocchi didn't come anywhere near making the grade, and if-- by some miracle-- she passed the first round? Who was she kidding? How was that going to happen?

She absently shook Monty's hand when he offered.

Pocchi licked at the new trainer friend! So this was the person and Pokémon they were going to be fighting next to! Hana might have been freaking out, but Pocchi thought having a friend by his side during a battle was neat!

"Well, uh, look, there's... a problem with that," Hana admitted, hoping she spoke low enough that only Monty would hear her. "I haven't been training with Pocchi very much. Everyone else had their Pokémon doing battles, but..." Relaxing, Redwood said. What was supposed to be relaxing about weighing down her teammate on the first day? Or freaking out like a crazy person besides? She wasn't going to make any friends now, that was for sure.

"Pocchi's not gonna be able to make anyone faint..." She took another great swig of her energy drink and her eyes flashed in a caffeine-fueled epiphany. There wasn't just one way to win one of these battles. Pocchi didn't have to be the strongest, or even at an equal playing field to everyone else. Mr. Redwood just gave her a chance!

"Pocchi knows Sand-attack. That could make a Pokémon stagger backward, or go the wrong way because they can't see. It could force the other guys to go out of the ring...!" It wasn't exactly the Confusion status, but it was a chance. Wait! Bronzor wasn't just a Steel type! It was a Psychic, too! "Can Sentinel inflict the Confusion status?"

"That's correct." Brian simply replied as he got out his Pokeballs and threw them into the air to let out his Ralts and Gothita, the pair greeted Bogdan before they went to say hi to his Pokemon. "Let's do our best out there in the upcoming battles." Brian said as he took Bogdan's hand to accept his handshake. "Let's discuss our battling strategy." He suggested as he pointed to a somewhat empty area so the others don't hear their strategy. "Wanna stand there so we can talk more freely without eavesdroppers?" He asked.

Jacob certainly didn’t expect a to have a tournament on the first day, but he wasn’t disappointed in the least. This would be a great way to introduce himself to the other students, and Jangmo-o could benefit from some practice in double battles.

“Alright then,” Jacob smiled at his Pokémon. “Let’s find our partner, shall we?” Jangmo-o chirped back to him, and curiously followed his trainer through the crowd. According to the screen, Jacob would be battling alongside a girl called Elodie. He figured it wouldn’t be be too hard to find her, seeing as she had distinct red dyed hair and golden eyes in her picture.

Bog smiled and went over to the corner with Brian to discuss their battle strategies. Both the trainers seemed to be fairly adept with battling so it seemed easy enough, but this was no time to underestimate our opponents, whoever they may be. Looking at Brians' two Pokemon, it seemed like Brian was a Psychic-type trainer which was a fairly well-rounded type without too many strengths or weaknesses. "Psychic, Bug/Ground, and Dark. Not bad, not bad. Also, we could definitely set up a strategy with your Gothita's Competitive..."

The two trainers spent most of the time exchanging their ideas and being ready for any siutation. Single, Double, Tag Team every battle strategy under the sun.

Looking at the board, Elodie looked at her partner and flipped her hair. ‘Jacob, eh? Okay, that’s fine.’ She decided and pushed through the small crowd and had found a boy similar to Jacob on the picture looking for someone. “Hey, are you Jacob?” She asked, scratching her head.

“Yep, that’s me!” Jacob replied with a smile. “It looks like you and I are up against...” he paused to glance at the screen. “Zander and Shadow.” Shadow. That was certainly an easy name to remember. A nickname perhaps? Odd names aside, Jacob wasted no time jumping into strategy discussion. “So then, what Pokémon are on your team? All I have with me is Jangmo-o here.” The little dragon Pokémon by his side chirped as a greeting to Elodie. “If you have any Pokémon that resist Fairy or Ice types, those would be our best bet.” Jacob was cautiously optimistic about this coming battle. Jangmo-o’s moveset was average, if a bit limited...hopefully, he and Elodie could work something out.

Last edited:
Elodie nodded at Jacob’s question. “Actually, yes. I have a Ponyta named Dash,” She said. She wanted to use Rocky for this battle, but next time she would. Sending out the horse Pokemon from her Pokeball, the Ponyta neighed and happily greeted Jacob. “Maybe we should look for group five,” Elodie suggested, blinking and looking around for Shadow and Zander on her tippy toes.

As teams were randomly generated one by one, Zander couldn’t help but find himself feeling somewhat nervous.
I mean, of course he had expected battles, but a team match right off the bat? What if he and his teammate had no synergy? Or even worse, what if his teammate ended up carrying them both through the fight?!?

“By-by!” Gunter could tell Zander had begun to feel a bit unsure of himself, and attempted to psych his trainer up with the most ferocious cry the little fire type could muster.

“Huh? Yeah...your right Gunter. We’re a great team, and I’m sure we can stand up to anyone and everyone we face.” The chestnut hair boy replied with a smile, looking up to the monitor just as his name appeared on the screen.
“We’ll be teaming up with....Shadow. Hm, must’ve had some alternative parents or such.” The boy added while giving a shrug to his partner, before walking up to the monitor and pointing to his name.
The young man had no intention of introducing himself to his peers one at a time till he found his teammate, so he decided to wait for them to notice him.

“Team 6....I wonder what those two are like.”

Monty dropped his voice to a hushed tone and leaned closer to Hana. "Sentinel's got two moves that can Confuse: Confuse Ray and Confusion. We like to open a battle with Confuse Ray, fits more with our style to keep our opponent from attacking."

Mr. Redwood cupped his hands together and called out, "Would everyone please move to their designated arenas? I will be walking around refereeing each match. Feel free to start at your discretion!"

Monty perked up at the call to get started. "We should probably go over to our spot," he said to Hanabi before pivoting and walking towards it. "Come on, Sentinel!" Monty called behind him. The Bronzor hummed cheerfully and spun like a wheel once, before following after it's trainer.

“I guess we’ll just meet them there. Dash, return,” Elodie said as she materialized the Ponyta in a flash of red light and retrieved her to her Pokeball. Jogging over to their designated spot, she waited for Jacob and Team 5 to get there. Taking another small glance at the board, she saw that they were going up against Shadow and Zander. ‘Wonder what Pokemon they have..’ She thought and looked at her shoes.