• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Absol's Art Type Things~ ♥

Yeah, so I saw alot of people use MSpaint to draw Pokemon and stuff, and the outcomes of which are tremendous, so I decided to try drawing on MSpaint, I wasn't going to make an art thread at first because I thought my art sucked and no-one would want to see it. But Krysune saw some of the things I drew and liked them~ so I made this
So anyways, here I two things I drew randomly:
Spiritomb:
5uo2ti.png

Yeah this one went quite wrong, first of all my shading is awful... and the outline of the Spiritomb was REALLY hard to get correct. So... it looks bad :<

Pikachu:
1et95j.png

Well, on this one I used Paint.NET, which is why it isn't as good as the Spiritomb... in my opinion anyways, and again, the shading sucks on this one (seriously shading is hard on Paint.NET)

Please comment~ ♥

The shading is decent on these drawings, but the proportions are bad. Currently, I would advise using a reference picture to get an idea of the official forms before branching off on your own interpretations of Pokemon.

pffft your shading is not bad at all! I quite like it though it could use some improvement.
I'm totally in love with your pikachu!~♥ supersuper cute :3

ps I use paint.net too :D

Thank you Krysune!
And Secad, I do use reference pictures all the time, I'm just rubbish at copying, so I alter the Pokemon slighty. I try to shade in the right places though. Thanks for the comments!

Oh look a Lopunny:
f9i2qh.png

A shiny Umbreon, uwaaa!
The colours are spot on, and you've really got his side view well :'D
The only thing I can say is to flatten out his stomach a little, and make his legs longer- aside that he's really good!

*Kasu-nyan can't draw any Eeveelutions |-D

I have a Lopunny hosting my art thread and I'm super happy to see one in yours! ^ ¬ ^
This lopunny is quite sassy looking, and I like how you've kept pretty close to the Sugimori art with this one, yet also put your own spin on it (;

Spiritomb and Pikachu- what can I say?
They've been done fantastically and you should be proud you can draw something as complex as Spiritomb so well! ^^
Pikachu's head might be a little big, but that also gives it a kind of chibi-like proportion to the rest of it's body and with some larger eyes that would be really neat : D

Keep up the great work, Absy!

Kasumiiiiiiii xx

My goodness, wow!
That is seriously, one awesome looking Dragonite you have thar, Absy-chan!! :'D

I'm thoroughly impressed with how well it's been drawn and how the light patches are correctly placed ^^
Just a few, simply patches of darker orange in the necessary places and you've got yourself a perfect Absy-style Sugimori replica! c:

And that Torchic... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
Iloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitandalwayswill~!!
You're really good at diversing between cute 'n' cuddly Poke's to the rough 'n' tough types like Draonite and I really like that!

As I say, a little shading and BAM! that'll certainly make this an even more eyecatching piece ;D
Loooooooooove

KasuRAWR xxx

My goodness, wow!
That is seriously, one awesome looking Dragonite you have thar, Absy-chan!! :'D

I'm thoroughly impressed with how well it's been drawn and how the light patches are correctly placed ^^
Just a few, simply patches of darker orange in the necessary places and you've got yourself a perfect Absy-style Sugimori replica! c:

And that Torchic... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
Iloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitandalwayswill~!!
You're really good at diversing between cute 'n' cuddly Poke's to the rough 'n' tough types like Draonite and I really like that!

As I say, a little shading and BAM! that'll certainly make this an even more eyecatching piece ;D
Loooooooooove

KasuRAWR xxx

arasdfsdfgsdfgsdfgasdfgsdfg

That Dewott ...
... it's so amazingly adorablu ♥

I love its little ">:<" expression, s'so sweeet <33
and omigosh its little instrument is just woaahhhdorable :'D

alsooo the eyes on Dewott and Torchic and Dragonite are just mesmerising ; o ;
I really like Charvy, he's so cute c:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOMFGthatissocuteandgoodandOMGDEWOTTHuuuwaaaaaaaaa

Uhm... what more can I add? x'D
Well, Dewott is spectacularly drawn to begin with! Like, WOW! He's so cute!
I agree with Tunn-asaur the way you draw your eyes is mesmirising :'>

And that Gligar is FANTASTIC!
And that's just from reference you found?
The shading and lighting really make it look super ^¬^

Well doooooone! And more please
KasuRAWR xxx

awwww :< sorry to hear that. Hope your laptop 'gets better' soon! (or you get an awesome new one~) :>​

Revival:
iaza18230839261200.png

A drawing I did for Cat333Pokémon :3 (If you don't know who Cat333Pokémon is... you really should :<)

Edit, another little thing:
iaza18230880178900.gif

Edit2, another thing x3
iaza18230891619500.gif

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
i think it looks awesome you can definatly see a solid style in floatzel that its more to form than cutesy which was good aswell. :)

OMGOMGOMGOMG ESPEON!!! ♥
It's my favorite Eevelution~ ♥
And you drew it perfectly ♥ The shading looks great, the pose and everything... It's so cute! Actually, do you mind if I use it as avvie? I would be honored :'D

fweee~ you certainly have improved :3
your shading has improved significantly and your drawings have generally become better and better ;)

keep up the great work~!
(PS can I take glaceon home with me~? :3 just toooooo cute ♥)​

Wow Absy!!

I know I haven't been on 'Charms/commenting here in a while, but since I last came here you've done an amazing amount of tremendous artwork!
All of your new pieces look positively fantastic!

They all share an incredible likeness to the original Sugimori arts and your own style which I adore!
Each piece is vibrant and colourful and the shading is spot on!

I also like how you've progressed from simple Pokemon and are drawing more complex designs like Zoroark and Honchkrow (who, by the way, looks amazing<3!)

All I have left to add is.. keep up the work!
I need to flood you with replies on all of your pieces, and so should other people!

Love, Kasumi xx

I've found a new style for drawings :'3
I now present you with new stuff~

Munchlax:
iaza14891593399500.png

Minccino:
iaza13534184759600.gif

Zoroark (holding a mallet)
iaza13534138891800.gif

Flygon (my personal favorite):
iaza13534191208200.gif

Butterfree:
iaza13534144751200.gif

Basically I turned all these Pokemon into chao, I used Paint.NET for these :')

Comments and requests are appreciated~!

Aww that Flygon has to be the most adorable thing Ive ever seen :D these are really good, and your shading is great. And your new style is so cute, keep up the good work :D

Oh My Goooooooooooosh-!!

Absy I love hiiiiiiim~~
o /// ¬ /// o
He is so pretty and shiny and wonderful and wow!

I'm sorry I haven't seen it before now; I've been packing, but it's positively gorgeous and fantastic!
Thank you sooooo much!

^ // O // ^
Kaseviper xx