• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Abomi-Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Basically, you can help save the world or destroy it with your all consuming hatred. Pokemon play a big part in this, because they bring most of the muscle. Deals with space here and there but nothing too Sci-fi. Regions aren't really important in this one, you can come up with names I guess. Traveling is also something to think about.

I would prefer starting out with 6 people, 2 good 3 bad. (I'm one of the good.) A leader needs to be out of the 3 so first come first served. Send it in a pm of what you want to be. Will talk, let me know how often your on so I can know how to help the Rp flow.

And that's about it...)

Prelude

A man stood in a night bathed field. He slowly brushed his fingers threw the stained soil as if feeling the pain that surrounded him. Noticing something that added....color, to the durt, he slowly dug it up. Scanning his excavation, it appeared to be what's left of a hand, holding another. Wielding a face that knew no emotion, he glanced behind him as the wind picked up.

Massive ships violated the peaceful sky with lights and weaponry. Feeling the ground shake away beneath him. He glanced it's source, hordes of men and pokemon as dark as their mentality. The man smirked, " Well, it's to be expected." He his voice broke the silence. A scizor appeared next to him, and took a stance.

" Come on old friend..." The man began to say. "....let's get this right."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starter

" Ow! You don't have to be so rough with me....ow!~" A man growned in a room glowing in white and blue.

"Hold still, you keep moving: It keeps hurting!" A nurse said while carfully trying to wrap the wounds HE preferred to lick.

The man just began to pout, then glanced out of a near by window. Looking at one of the two places he knew about, that provided peace, love....and mean nurses. This is Anitollia.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
No, you didn't.

This, um, isn't an RP post. At least not the way we define it. It's more of a general premise, but it leaves nothing to really go on. I advise you to read other RPs around here and the RP forum guidelines to see how it's done.

I'll leave this open so you can improve it. Failure to do so will get your thread closed.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think the very existence of certain individuals and or locations online, is in the wrong context but I don't go about whining about it.

Let us take a look at the dictionary, then, shall we? Relevant segments, of course.

prem⋅ise /ˈprɛmɪs/

—noun
1. Also, premiss. Logic. a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.

3. (within the context of law).
a. a basis, stated or assumed, on which reasoning proceeds.

So, a premise, in this sense, is a general idea, a concept, upon which something should be based. I see the ideas, I don't see what is BASED on it.

Are you trying to be argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative?

Last edited by a moderator:
( No, never. It's just a new term to me. So when I looked it up, it didn't seem like it fit into place with your sentence. I've got nothing against you. However, I think your out to get me...)

(By the way, I hope that did the job. I modified it.)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Okay. Obviously, it'll take a biiiiiit more than subtle convincing to get through the static interference that seems to be clouding whatever neurons are still operational in your cranium.

May I point you in the general direction of the RP Forum Rules, specifically these clauses:

3. "Is that all you've got...?"
(a.) It's near impossible for people to join a new topic if they have nothing to go on, so refrain from starting RPs if you don't have the time/effort to do it properly. People joining an RP need YOU to take control and describe the environment/world in enough detail so that they can give good replies, and a few lines just isn't going to cut it. They should be at least a few good length paragraphs.

6. "Details, man, Details! God is in the Details!" Nothing is more irritating than one-line posts, especially in RPs. please add a bit of description to it! The setting, the character's appearance, what's the character doing at the moment, etc. Try to at least write a paragraph, not one sentence.

Your post lacks in these greatly. It's near impossible to tell just what the eff is going on here - all and all, this is not an adequate RP.

See. Here's the thing. What we do here, as far as RPing goes, is basically writing an interactive story of sorts. The whole idea of storytelling is to interweave the plotline through the post, so that people will know just what the desu is going on around them. This? not an RP.

I'm going to tell you this one more time.

READ OTHER RPS FIRST. Before trying to start your own. See how it's done by people who actually have experience with our RPing system. Then we'll see if you're fitting to start your own.

Locked, and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.