1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A year in Pokemon Gaming

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Doctor Oak, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

http://pokemonpalace.net/E-zine_vol2is5.html

I wrote the Gaming Article for the PPN E-zine Newsletter and thus, is pretty damn good. ^^ It's slightly edited in the newsletter, so here's the original:

2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Congrats on getting your article included. From what I skimmed through it sounds pretty good :)

Hail Pokemon! I can't wait to see what 2005 holds! ^__^

3. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

I *heart* Pokemon Channel.

I picked up Pokemon Sapphire when I got my GBA simply because I'd become addicted to a wap (mobile phone) game that I'd realised was basically a Pokemon rip-off. After a few weeks of being glued to the thing, I got a second-hand Ruby cartridge to go with it. But it wasn't until Pokemon Channel that I became properly addicted. The Pichu Brothers anime, the random facts scrolling across the screen during Hatch Up! PokeEgg!, the sheer surreality of Quiz Wobbuffet... all these added up to a Must Play Repeatedly experience. Just the fact it was a game where you spent most of the time watching rather than doing anything...

4. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

So... Pokemon Channel was good for something afterall!? Go fig :wink:

Actually, I liked it while I had it (rented it last Christmas break). The Pichu Bros. anime was fun, as were a few of the channels. It's one of those games that I might pick up for my little sister and then keep for msyelf :p