• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A World of Speed (Trick Room)

This is a Trick Room team! So before anyone comments on things and goes "WELL I DON'T UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHY ALL OF THESE POKEMON ARE SO SLOW." they should take a step back and remember that the slower a Pokemon is in Trick Room, the faster that Pokemon is.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Slack Off
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Surf
---

Slowbro is my team's lead for a variety of good reasons, one being that it can generally hold off the onslaught of whatever set-up a lead has, and turn it on its head with Trick Room. I gave it Surf for a good, solid STAB move, as well as a nice Fire-killer. Slack Off can keep it around for a turn, if not just boost its health for a little bit. Fire Blast is there to surprise Scizors and Grass-Types that wander Slowbro's way in an attempt to do damage.

Exeggutor (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 2 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Sleep Powder
- Explosion
- Psychic
---

Exeggutor was a strange choice, but it's a decent Trick Room user, and has plenty of back-up. It has a Focus Sash to hang on to so that it can use Sleep Powder to keep the opponent down for a turn so it can set up Trick Room and get it going. It will usually Explode away any of the trickier Pokemon that wander its way (Say, for example, Blissey). The last move, Psychic is mostly just filler in case I face a Damp enemy or get stuck on something I think would be better taken down by a Super-Effective Psychic.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
---

Bronzong is my wall for this team, though it has its own special charm and unique usefulness for the squad. It can set up Trick Room like Exeggutor and Slowbro, and with a Relaxed Nature and 0 Spe IVs, we're looking at a Pokemon that can outspeed pretty much everything in the OU competition. It has Gyro Ball for a STAB attack, as well as keeping some Ice Pokemon in their place. Stealth Rock is so that it can spend a turn making a little Entry Hazard. Nothing special, but it works. Explosion is for when Bronzong's health gets too low, so it can just blow up its problems and not look back.

Magnezone @ Macho Brace
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 126 HP/126 Atk/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion
- Signal Beam
---

Magnezone is my Special Sweeper. And when I say Special, I mean that there was no way of giving it 0 Spe IVs and still swinging a good Hidden Power. But with its EVs and IVs, it becomes incredibly slow, and can outspeed plenty. Thunderbolt is its reliable STAB move to take care of Waters and the like. Flash Cannon is a similar STAB move that is powerful enough to make things difficult. Explosion in case things get a little too hot to handle, and Signal Beam as filler.

Ursaring (M) @ Toxic Orb/Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/12 SDef
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Return
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
---

My main man Ursaring. One of the fastest (slowest) and strongest Pokemon for a Trick Room team. By giving it a Life Orb, I can increase his Attack significantly and make him nearly unstoppable, or I could use Toxic Orb to abuse Guts. Close Combat can deal with a large percentage of Normals, Steels, and Ices, Return is such a reliable STAB move that it's almost silly to put anything else on him, Crunch handles pesky ghosts, and Fire Punch can handle grass-types and other such issues with quick work.

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Shock Wave
---

The final Pokemon, Tangrowth. This Mixed Sweeper can deal with plenty, and with no Speed IVs or EVs, and a Brave nature, this thing has a Speed of 94. Power Whip can wipe out Waters and Swamperts with no issue. Earthquake deals with Fires, Rocks, and Electrics. Sludge Bomb can handle a few Grasses, and Shock Wave can fill in some of the gaps.

Critique and Comment, please.

Note: When making this post, the pokemon at the bottom of the page was Octillery, a great Mixed Sweeper for Trick Room teams. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator: