• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Superpower RP

I was having a similar thought.

Do we really thing the government would locked up super powered beings like there all contaminated with the black plague? Or would they more than likely do various forms of tests on them? Likely illegal experiments for power replication/alteration. Given that this is set in present day, and how in most super human universes, the government seems to be obsessed with making an army of super soldiers, I could see a high possibility of brainwash or even blackmail to get a meta to do as they see fit.

Point is, if the government had struck a resource as abundant as 'superhuman powers', they'd be waaay to greedy to write it off as to dangerous for experimentation. (At least until the 2nd or 3rd laboratory explosion of course).

I think there should be a plan for us, enacted by the government to make them the main antagonist this arc.

Just a thought: would you guys be interested in having a team of other metas outside of the prison launch an invasion on the Citadel to break the teenagers out? That could work to draw the guards out of the prison room, and we could convene to find a way out. If you all approve, I'm planning to have it where the first few invasions are unsuccessful, and at that point the outside metas will stop trying (assuming they're not killed), but the teenagers will have a solid plan. It might turn out to be a solid arc, but I was just wondering what you all think.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Just a thought: would you guys be interested in having a team of other metas outside of the prison launch an invasion on the Citadel to break the teenagers out? That could work to draw the guards out of the prison room, and we could convene to find a way out. If you all approve, I'm planning to have it where the first few invasions are unsuccessful, and at that point the outside metas will stop trying (assuming they're not killed), but the teenagers will have a solid plan. It might turn out to be a solid arc, but I was just wondering what you all think.
I can handle two characters

This is exactly what I had planned, Kyles has an outside friend that can help

Yes, but what do they do? Emit rays or invoke some sort of effect subliminally? Ya know?

And based on whats been said in the rp, these power dampeners seem to lack the ability to affect power not directly linked to a persons DNA, which youve let slide. That just makes me even more curious as to how they work.

Excuse me for the first part, didnt mean to say anything like DNA powers are the only thing affected.

But as for the second part, well I dont really consider telekinesis a DNA based power unless specified and Nebulix has minor use of his ability as well.

Might as well implement those little details into the story for potential faults in the advanced/experimental tech.

Edit: And even if it didnt weaken the link between you and the Demon, it would still nullify most of the Demons power. Although I could totally see you working in a concept where your body acts as a literal meat shield or such, so I kinda like that your powers are still flickering in and out.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mentis already has power dampeners not from the prison. Specific ones too, sorta DNA sorta not. Also he can't use telekinesis that strongly anyways.

(unless this isn't allowed...? He got his powers a weird way)

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, lemme take a crap at pulling an explanation out of thin air;

We know that it's most effective on DNA based abilities so I'm going to shameless rip off an Idea from DBZ GT. If I recall correctly the Super Saiyan 4 transformation required their Saiyan DNA to be stimulated by blutz(?) waves. Hence, in this case, their power stemmed from DNA stimulating radiation.

We can say that DNA mutants all carry a new, specially developed organelle (basically subcomponent to basic cells) within each of their cells that produce their powers on a cellular level. In Mel's case, her new organelle directs her cells to liquefy themselves into slime and producing her Slimification ability. In Mentis' case, his new organelle would act as a radio antenna for telepathic waves. So on and so forth.

In the case of Parker who's power isn't exactly DNA based, we can make it sorta DNA based. Instead of directly granting him the powers, his new organelle would be responsible for broadcasting whatever ethereal, transdimensional force allows him to contact his Demon.

The dampeners likely work by using some form of electromagnetic radiation to interfere with the signals or processes of said organelles and hence nullify our powers. Taking that approach, for powers that use the organelle as a medium or otherwise don't directly stem from that organelle e.g. Parker's demon, his powers come from the demon rather than his cells, the dampeners would simply obstruct the connection between himself and the demon without actually doing anything to the demon, and as such, would only dampen instead of nullifying his ability.

Seems legit enough to be an explanation yea?

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, lemme take a crap at pulling an explanation out of thin air;

We know that it's most effective on DNA based abilities so I'm going to shameless rip off an Idea from DBZ GT. If I recall correctly the Super Saiyan 4 transformation required their Saiyan DNA to be stimulated by blutz(?) waves. Hence, in this case, their power stemmed from DNA stimulating radiation.

We can say that DNA mutants all carry a new, specially developed organelle (basically subcomponent to basic cells) within each of their cells that produce their powers on a cellular level. In Mel's case, her new organelle directs her cells to liquefy themselves into slime and producing her Slimification ability. In Mentis' case, his new organelle would act as a radio antenna for telepathic waves. So on and so forth.

In the case of Parker who's power isn't exactly DNA based, we can make it sorta DNA based. Instead of directly granting him the powers, his new organelle would be responsible for broadcasting whatever ethereal, transdimensional force allows him to contact his Demon.

The dampeners likely work by using some form of electromagnetic radiation to interfere with the signals or processes of said organelles and hence nullify our powers. Taking that approach, for powers that use the organelle as a medium or otherwise don't directly stem from that organelle e.g. Parker's demon, his powers come from the demon rather than his cells, the dampeners would simply obstruct the connection between himself and the demon without actually doing anything to the demon, and as such, would only dampen instead of nullifying his ability.

Seems legit enough to be an explanation yea?

Basically what I WANTED to say. I just couldn't think of a good enough reason, but cell organelles work fine for that lol

Does that mean I should post next? (Even if not, I should try and post ASAP or I'll fall behind more than I already may be lol) I've just been having a hard time thinking of a good response.

Well, that's fine;

What's their stance though? And their approach to resistance?

Since we were all taken from our parents at around our birth we've likely experienced a few other prisons before, and since there's no logical reason to put a super-powered mutant into a prison with less security, then the Citadel is one of the more secure bases.

Are they (the resistance) going to bust down the door guns blazing? or is it going to be something more subtle like planting a traitor among one of the guards to pass us information while leaving the escape business to us? Perhaps they'd offer some assistance through a sabotage of the Prison's power grid?