• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join ~*A Song Of Nothing*~

To Whom it Concerns,

Hello! You've won a trip on a cruise liner for people who entered a very special contest. For very special people. Now that the due date is past, and the numbers were drawn, you might have noticed, if you watched the gambling show, that you're card owned the exact same number on the television. You're prize is a trip to the new region. In fact, it is so new that WE can't even find out its name. So it remains nameless. For a while.
So. To volunteer for the contest, you had have to be 13-29. If we come to find out your not a teen, or too old, then we'll send you back. Why? Well, we can't trust many adults. Some adults STUDY our Pokemon. We cannot accept that. As a teen and or young adult, we KNOW you are barely allowed to study pokemon.
So! Most likely, we'll meet soon. We have to, if you want to claim your prize.
See you soon!
-The Lottery Company

Rules
-Normal site rules.
-This is a first come first serve kind of deal. When all roles and regulations are filled up, its no longer open to the public.
-Love, huh? Well, keep it low please. We gotta keep this child safe, here.
-A mary sue/stu is a waaay overpowered character who everyone and everything is suppose to love. The Mary sue is a title given to characters like this. If your character has a LVL 100 Charizard from the start, REMOVE IT FROM THE PREMISES OF EARTH. Any people who make these are dubbed 'Suethors'.
-Please put a lovely and nice description for your Fakemon. Some people I know which Fakemon they have. You know who i'm talking to if that's you.
-Say 'I dub thy Pankcakes delicious!' to prove you read this.

Trainers
(Max of 13. Not THAT many people get the exact same number as on Tv.)
Christine, The Silent One
Cole, The Buff Man Of Many Sways
Kiar, The Finder Of Keepers

Other (Note that a role that's filled is in bold text.)
Elite 4 Cast:

Champion:
Gym Leader Cast:

Team Decay Leader:
Admin A:
Admin B:
Admin C:
Professor:

Some I didn't even think of

Trainer

Name:
Personality:
Other:

Other roles
Name:
Personality:
Role:
Other:

Name: Christine
Appearance: Christine wears a white sweater made of wool. The sleeves are over her size, so they cover her hands. Her pants are black leggings, with brown boots with white puffs at the top. Her hair is long and brown, going as far as her knees. Christine has fair white skin and black eyes. Her socks are long and black, going to her knees too. However, she usually covers her face with a large brown hat that shadows her face too much to see it well. Usually with her hat, all you can make out is her shy frown.
Personality: Christine is shy, and almost never talks. When she does, she says what needs to be said. Her voice is soft and soothing in a way, like falling snow on a cool crisp night. She's shown to be kind when they get to know somebody. She's more willing to talk to Pokemon than humans.
Starter: Swinub
Dislikes: Heat, Cats, people who don't know personal space
Other: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Cole Jackson

Appearance: Blue eyes w/ a tiny green line in the iris, short, curly blonde hair, Slightly tanned skin. Muscular build. Cole wears a white jacket with red highlights around the two pockets, the zipper, the collar, and the zipper. He wears white pants with black and red shoes. He has a black cross-body bag.

Personality: Cole is fiery-hot, always constantly ready to do, go, battle, train, whatever he can to remain active. He's got a short temper and an even shorter tolerance for any kind of evildoer; He's kind at heart but can be brash and cocky. He is extremely confident; almost overconfident, and thinks he is ready for anything. His pokemon are usually just as energetic as he is, such as his Houndour. Making Cole mad is equal to making a Charizard mad. He'll burn you to a crisp. Not literally, but he will light you up either with a battle or with his words. While he may seem like he doesn't think much, he's got some strategy to him. He can think things through if he must, but it is never his first option. As if all this isn't enough to annoy most, he's a natural flirt, and seemingly can't help himself.

Starter Pokemon: Houndour

Dislikes: Waiting, taking advantage of others, anything under 60 degrees F

Other: I dub thy Pankcakes delicious!

The exact opposite of me.
Accepted!

I can see this guy at a high school dance, flirting with a lady, then getting hit in the face with Kool-Aid Punch.

Well, as long as it was red, he'd probably be fine with it. But he'd probably back off before that point. He's a flirt, not unable to tell when a girl is interested. But if He's really interested, he'll keep trying for a while. So when do we plan to start?

Is it possible that I could make a trainer as well as the team decay leader (or member)? Either way I'll make a trainer, just wondering if there is a limit on character numbers.

The limit is 1 character, please.
When there are roles to play, it's best to choose one so OTHERS can fill in the spots.
Its best to give late people a chance, at least.

(Sounds good!)

Name: Kiar Agust

Appearance: Icy blue eyes seem tired as their lazy shaped slit evenly crosses Karl's sharp face. A pointed nose and thick eyebrows accent the boy's appearance and his bland, messy hair matches his olive-colored skin, while suggesting his cold gaze just doesn't fit right. Kiar's hair is a dirty purple color, dull and grey but still green enough to distinguish it from any salt-or pepper shading; it is a bit on the curly side and is simply grown out lazily to just about his mid-ear. Kiar sports a slender build, rather tall for his age, with thin and lanky limbs that almost look too awkward for him to naturally be built in such a way. Constantly sporting an expression that says "go away", Kiar goes the whole way by dressing himself in black boots, jeans, and vest over a light purple shirt.
Personality: Distant but aggressive, Kiar isn't exactly the best at making first impressions. He's an opinionated young man who believes in his every right to express said opinion; which is most usually negative. Ever the pessimist, Kiar sets his expectations low and still makes clear his disappointment when things go wrong. Kiar is quite, but not near shy; he'd not afraid to speak bluntly when he feels it's necessary. He also has an odd obsession with words of wisdom, preferring them over childish rambling or obnoxious claims. Kiar will go out of his way and climb through bushes of thorns just to get a few of the stars painted on the night's sky, but don't even expect him to bend over and pick up the quarter you dropped on the floor. He's just not that type of guy.

Starter Pokemon: Espurr

Likes: Silence, darkness, beauty, sagacity, tranquility, being alone
Dislikes: Loud noises, bright lights, annoying people, bragging, competition, giving up

Other: I dub thy pancakes... DELICIOUS!

Quiet....Odd of a character to dress.

I can see it now.
Accepted!
He kinda seems to go get whatever he thinks is valuable I guess.

Well,
I got something I need to do until around 4 pm in the day, so maybe if we auto the prof for now we can start around then.

This Rp seems quite interesting!

Name:
Maple Brown

Appearance:
Maple has short, curly, brown hair that reaches halfway her neck, bangs that covers her forehead and reaches her eyebrows, hazel eyes, fair skin and a little bit of freckles on her nose. She usually wears a t-shirt that has a camouflage pattern with the color combination of the colors black, gray, sky blue, light blue and white. She also wears a basic pair of jeans and a black hoodie which can be also tied around her waist.

Personality:
Maple is someone who is quite in the middle on the spectrum from introvert to extrovert. She won't just go and run up to a stranger and greet them like an old friend, but would still try to strike up a conversation with someone who she somewhat knows. She likes to be with people, but also need to be alone from time to time. Maple has this odd look in her eyes that might seem like distant and confused, yet she is observing everything that might be going on at the moment like people, pokemon, surroundings and so on. She might also come of as slightly odd to some people... Maple might point out a small, yet odd detail or just say something random that popped up in her head while she was speaking about something completely different and then just forget what she was saying in the first place, but she can be serious if needed. She also likes to collect random objects that she might find on her journey.

Starter Pokemon(Up to lvl 9):
Murkrow (Nickname: Buddy)

Drawing, sour food, small objects and exploring

Dislikes:
Rude people/pokemon, sweet food and sandals

Other:
I dub thy Pankcakes delicious!

Last edited:
I think this is a cool idea. I'm not going to join the traveling crew, but if you ever need an outsider to set up an encounter like a gym leader or something you can PM me.

I think this is a cool idea. I'm not going to join the traveling crew, but if you ever need an outsider to set up an encounter like a gym leader or something you can PM me.
I think we need a professor, and of course I think gym leaders, admins, etc etc are needed as well.

I can do a professor, but I will do it a bit... wacky. For various reasons, chief among which not wanting to fill in too much about your region for you. If you are fine with wacky, I'm fine with doing the professor.

EDIT: Also, to retain the element of surprise, I'd prefer not posting a public character sheet. But I can send something to just Bloch'd if they want to have a check beforehand?

(Edit again: Also, those pancakes of yours. Totally delicious.)

Last edited:
Just a heads up I've never roleplayed before so if that's a problem I understand. I really would like to participate though as I like your idea.

Name:
Tyler

Appearance: Tyler stands at just an inch shy of 6 feet. He is fairly pale and broad chested, although not very muscular. He has brown crew cut hair that is usually hidden under a dark purple beanie. He wears black straight jeans with a white v-neck t-shirt. He always has a dark purple and black flannel shirt tied around his waist. He has dark purple shoes and hides his dark blue eyes behind black thick framed glasses. He has a short neatly trimmed beard. Despite the complaints it clashes with his wardrobe he always wears a bright orange backpack to keep supplies in. You will never see him without his camera hanging around his neck.

Personality: Tyler is a friendly person who wants to get along with everyone. He comes off as shy and quiet because meeting new people makes him anxious. Once he becomes comfortable with you he opens up and will joke and tease with you. He was never all that fond of battling preferring to watch and snap photos of pokemon instead. He aspires to become a professional photgrapher and meet and photograph as many pokemon as he can. He grew up the youngest of four with both of his brothers becoming seasoned battlers like their father while his sister married into a somewhat rich farming family. His mother was a stay at home mom. He feels like a disappointment for becoming a photographer instead of following in his family's footsteps by putting an emphasis on battling.

Starter Pokemon: Lillipup

Likes: Photography, reading, rain, meeting and learning about new pokemon

Dislikes: Crowds, cleaning, arrogance

Other: I dub thy Pancakes delicious!

Last edited:
Just a heads up I've never roleplayed before so if that's a problem I understand. I really would like to participate though as I like your idea.

I'm not the thread creator so I can't accept you, but I love your character! First time I have ever seen a photographer OC in the pokemon world. Nice.

I'm not the thread creator so I can't accept you, but I love your character! First time I have ever seen a photographer OC in the pokemon world. Nice.

I understand, but thanks! The character is loosely based off myself. I didn't mean to make him sound so hipster-ish though. The photography idea is mainly from Viola of the Santalune gym in Kalos, but I also remember one of Ash's rivals(I want to say Paul, but I think that's wrong) from the anime taking pictures at the start of his journey. I enjoy taking pictures so I always thought that was a cool idea and something I totally would do if pokemon were real and I was going on a journey.