• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Rp Idea (For me and like two/three other people.)

So I had a dream.

It was a pretty awesome dream.

And made me think of an Rp.

A Musketeers Rp.

I don't have any plot ready. I don't even know what I want to do with it. But playing sword wielding badasses sounds like so much fun.

I want it to be a small, private Rp. But I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Musketeers, huh? So...swashbuckling action, swordplay, thrills, "tous pour un, un pour tous", and all that stuff? Sounds like a sweet deal if I do say so myself.

You could go many different ways with the plot element as well, with either a similar story akin to the original with a d'Artagnan type character encountering a group of them (most likely three of course) and running into some kind of ongoing conflict from there, or you could do something a little more on the original side plot-wise, with the only real similarity being the characters' occupations... or you could just have a bunch of people mindlessly swinging swords around in an action-y way. In any case, I'm definitely game for this once you get it established. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Well that's why I posted this. To get ideas and discuss with people before I get writing.

I'm thinking what it would be more of the main characters are either already apart of the Musketeers, or are all new recruits.

I like the idea like in the newest movie where inventions that we see everyday NOW are just starting to arise back then, new weapons that sort of things. And our characters go on missions and jobs and things while kinda slowly uncovering a large plot line.

Or having us join in the musketeers then having them disbanded and kinda making us the last musketeers and we do things. I don't know it's all still up there.

But I love the whole world of Musketeers and of course swashbuckling action and all that fun stuff.

If you have ideas please let me know and let's talk!

Ok so I think I've managed to come up with a rudimentary plotline. Basically London is at war with France and is using advanced tech, airships and the like, and we have to stop them. How we become musketeers is still up there. I'm thinking either we were all once musketeers until all the musketeers were branded traitors or something and disbanded. And we pull together to do cool stuff. Or something similar. What do you think

Mr.RMA

Sounds great to me. Sorry about the somewhat late response here. Planned on replying yesterday, but then I lost track of time. 'Least I can finally get to saying something now though.

The implementation of technological strides at the time the RP gets started would be a great idea, especially if most of it is being used for wartime purposes as you've proposed. Would really up the conflict factor, that's for certain.

Concerning the whole musketeer thing, I like the idea of the characters having started off as musketeers, then becoming outlawed and/or disbanded, then, after many months or years or so, they come across each other, giving them more incentive to regroup after all this time. They could either be formerly acquainted with each other, having a reunion of sorts, or they could possibly not have very much memory of one another at all, only realizing they're both musketeers through some physical revelation, such as, perhaps a keepsake uniform piece or a dueling style they still use. Either way, I think that notion could work out very well.

Mr.RMA

Alright, sounds good to me. Shame no one else really showed interest, but on the flip-side, I've been wanting to do a sort of 1x1 RP for quite some time on here, so this actually makes for a great opportunity.

I'm game. Um profile stuff can be pretty loose. I'm going to be busy this week until like monday so if you have stuff go ahead and post it lol