• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Rather Not Normal Kalos Journey

Mae noticed Maria dashing off to Route 4, towards Santalune and the first gym. Deciding she wanted a bit of company on the walk there, she followed behind. She spotted Jace leaving as well.

"Hey, wait up!" she called, running a little to catch up to them. At all her sudden movements, Cumulus left her spot on Mae's head and instead flew alongside her.

"Mind if I join you guys?" she inquired, glancing at the two.

"Where human rush, there devil smiles..." whispered Misumi as he saw the three people already leaving. He hoped to talk with them... Well, to late now. When he finished with the formality of catching Zange (This is the name he gave to his Zorua) and received pokedex and pokeballs, he walked up to Grace. "Well.. Those guys are definitly fast.." he started took a deep breath and continued "Can I ask you something, Grace? I don't really like travelling by myself so.. Mind if I accompany you on the way to the city? Its fine, if you don't want..."

Maria was glad that Jace took her seat upon her Skiddo. Arupain smiled happily and carried him fairly well. She stayed still though because somebody else with a Swablu came by. Maria smiled happily at her and waved in a greeting fashion before she was about to start introducing themselves, until Jace beated her to it. She was glad that she didn't have to say anything, but she felt bad that this girl didn't have a comfortable ride to Santalune City, as it was going to be awhile.

She still gave off a cute smile and released her Fennekin and held her glowing, transferring form within her arms as she released her from her PokeBall. The Fennekin made a small chirping noise before licking Maria's hand. Maria had a look on her face that looked like she had witnessed a picture filled with baby dog Pokemon.

When the question was asked, she answered. "I don't mind, either."

Last edited:
Jack continued to look around in awe at the amount of Pokémon present in the lab, they must’ve had at least one of each first stage Pokémon in there! He looked around for a while, indecisive on which one to pick. He already had Croagunk, so a Pokémon that complimented him would be preferable, though it didn’t matter. His train of thought was eventually interrupted when something bumped into him.

He turned around to find a small Honedge eyeing the spare pokeball in his hand, It looked pretty eager to get out of the lab. “Hey little dude, you wanna come with me?” He asked it, it nodded eagerly, and with one of the pokeballs he’d grabbed from the desk he caught it. “Alright! My first catch, although it was in a lab.” He said aloud to himself, although he had caught it in a lab, and he didn’t have to fight the Pokémon, it still felt like a pretty big accomplishment for him. He thanked the professor for inviting them, before leaving the lab to start his journey.

As he left the lab, Jack looked around for a bit before spotting the fading figures of Maria, Jace and Mae in the distance, heading toward Route 4. He ran to catch up to them, there were aalready three of them, but what could one more hurt? “Hey! You guys were at the lab right? Mind if I come with you? I know your group is already pretty large, but I think going on this journey with a group will make it much more memorable, don’t you think?” He said as he caught up to them, “I’m Jack by the way, I don’t believe I introduced myself at the lab.”

Just as the growing group of trainers was raring to head out, another one ran up. The trainers wanting to join their group were multiplying like rabbits, but Jace didn’t mind.

“Yeah we were at the lab, guess that means you were chosen by Sycamore too? Ah, doesn’t matter, our names are pretty similar, my name’s Jace. And this is my partner Lore.”

Jace stuck out his hand to shake his new acquaintance.

“It’s nice to meet you.”

Maria, just as she was about to start walking, was interrupted yet again by another voice. She was secretly getting a little impatient and irritated, but she never showed this emotion. Instead, she gave a facade of a cheery face and, as she looked back at the approaching young boy who wanted company, her irritation faded and she was more accepting. "I'm Maria. This is Fenneko the Fennekin and Arupain the Skiddo."

Skiddo made a bleat before heading over to the Route 4 gate and Maria continued to walk. "So, what's everyone's dreams here? Mine is to be like my mom and be a Skiddo and Gogoat rancher, and sell my Pokemon who I have specifically bred for either battle, breeding with others, or another need. Aaaand maybe become Kalos Queen. I wouldn't mind getting the badges either, and fighting in the tournament at the end will be fun, but I'm not sure if winning is my forte. If I get too good, I might just start losing on purpose." While the good hearted gesture seemed nice, it also sounded like she was throwing away an opportunity, but that wasn't the intention as she had a completely different reason for wanting to lose at the grand tournament at the end.

Last edited:
She nodded and returned the smile. "Thanks, and I'm Mae. My Swablu here is Cumulus," she replied, gesturing towards the flying Pokémon beside her. "It's nice to meet you both." She glanced down at the Fennekin, petting it softly on the head before looking back up.

Mae hardly took a step forward before another trainer approached the group, and she turned back to give a small wave. "Sure, I don't mind either," she said, "and my name's Mae. This is Cumulus," she repeated her introduction to Jack.

Seeing Maria start again for the gate, she spun on her feet and followed after her. "I just want to be able to meet as many Pokémon as I can. It'd be nice to collect the badges and win the tournament at the end, too, but I'm not all too confident I'll be that good," she answered. Her gaze was focused on the sky, but shifted back to the ground when she realized she should probably keep an eye on the road.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Grace saw everyone leaving already, but she didn’t mind. She did want to not travel in such a big group, so she looked for Mitsumi. Mitsumi then did come up to her and asked if they wanted to travel together. Grace agreed, and she began walking through the next route to Santalune City.

Misumi followed Grace and kept smiling "So, how are you feeling about your journey as a trainer? What dreams do you have?" he asked her as they were walking on their way to Santalune City.

On a route he was trying to fight and train on some wild pokemons. He also managed to catch his first pokemon, Pidove. It was quite hard fight as Zorua had trouble to hit flying opponent, but eventually Misumi managed to catch him when he threw second pokeball at him.
He also rescued a houndour from the rock, when it fell from one of the hills and almost hit little pokemon. Houndour was following Misumi from that time and he added houndour to the team.

Last edited:

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Grace only watched as she saw Mitsumi catch two Pokémon.

“Well, I just started it like some minutes or so ago, but I’m excited for it to begin. I’m not very sure of my goals just yet - but it will start with just getting all of these Kalosian badges first.” Grace said to Mitsumi with a soft smile.

Grace then saw another Pokémon nearby, which turned out to be an Eevee. Grace sent Fletchling out, and after a hard match, Grace would eventually catch the Eevee. Fletchling was slightly injured from the match, but Grace gave Eevee a small Potion which healed Fletchling back to its original health.

Jack shook Jace’s hand as everyone else already in the group introduced themselves. “Well it’s nice to meet you all!” He said, cheerfully. Hopefully he picked the right group of people to have an amazing journey.

“What’s my dream, huh?” He began when Maria prompted them, “Well, I guess I haven’t really thought about it past this journey. I know I definitely want to win the championship tournament, but I’m not sure about actually challenging the champion, maybe if I end up being strong enough. Past that, well, I have no clue!” He explained.

The young soldier crouched up top a thick branch, observing two trainers with keen interest. Upon seeing one catch both a Pidove and a Houndour with relative ease, he thought to himself:
"It seems they're the ones Xerosic instructed me to fight. They don't look that weak, but do I really need to take this just to battle them? I don't even know what it does......not that I remember much to begin with."

Mark looked down at the small bottle of light blue pills in his hand and gently opened the container. He placed a single pill on his other hand and gave one last glance at the bottle before putting it back in his pocket. Drawing a deep breath, Mark swiftly placed the pill in his mouth and swallowed.

The pain was not sudden. It came as a dull throbbing in the head. A few minutes passed and Mark's breathing grew quick and unsteady, as the throbbing had slowly turned into a sharp stabbing sensation, sending the feeling of white hot needles down Mark's entire body. Silently writhing in pain, Mark bit his lip, trying not to scream, praying that it would all stop.

And it did.

The last thing Mark felt before plummeting 20 feet off of the tree was a curious tingling sensation in his head, as if everything was going blank, and he could have sworn he heard the faint whisper of:

"Flare Forever"

“What’s my dream, huh? I never really thought about it.”

Jace pondered for a second, he knew he wasn’t strong enough to win the tournament. And he knew he was way too timid to even try to become a contest star of some sorts.

“I guess to befriend as many Pokémon as I can, maybe fill out my pokedex. Oh, and I wanna help Lore grow into a strong Pokémon!”

Maria smiled at all the chatter that her question brought, even smiling at Jack getting a handshake from Jace while he was still atop her Skiddo, who is larger than most Skiddo, standing from hoof to shoulder at 4'11" instead of 2'11". Everyone was getting along very well at first, and maybe this could last forever. Her naivety showed its ugly head at that thought and Maria was quickly reminded that not everyone was all sunshine and rainbows as her memories came by and reminded her of her dad's customers.

She wanted to give everyone a comment on their dreams to be nice, but she also wanted to give some insight that her parents had instilled in her. "Jack, Mae, your dreams are inspirational. I would love to watch you get there someday. But always remember that the journey and the memories you make getting there is the real gift, not the achievement itself."

She then turned to Jace. "That's a good dream to start out with. You don't have to have one when you go out on a journey. Just enjoy what life and your journey has to offer you and maybe an opportunity will show itself to you. Sometimes, people don't know what they want to be. My dad loved reading books but didn't think the librarian job would ever work out. An opportunity came by as he was doing his thing after I was born and he took it. He has never gone back on it since and found out he absolutely loved working there. You don't have to know your dream. Sometimes it just has to skirt by for you to glance at it and chase after it."

"As for me, I know I won't get far in the tournament. But that's fine. I have no want or desire to be the best at battling nor do I want a trophy for my efforts. The journey and battles along the way will be enough of an experience for me to treasure it dearly." She paused for a moment before realizing she had been rambling and a dust of pink came over her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ramble. I get so worked up over inspirational stuff that I just can't help myself sometimes."

As Maria talked, she walked through the gate to Route 4 and came upon the sight of many flowers and hedge mazes on both sides, with a fountain further ahead. She smiled as she had a recollection of passing it by but never really stood there and appreciated the beauty of the area. She can see the many Pokemon bobbing in and out of the yellow and red flowers before disappearing back in the foliage.

Among them were Ledyba, Ralts, Skitty, Budew, Combee, and Flabébés with red, white, orange, and yellow flowers. Her favorites were the Flabébés with blue or purple because they aren't an immediate find around Central Kalos, as opposed to Coastal and Mountain regions of Kalos. There were also a few more Pokemon here than normal who have taken to prey upon the Bug-Types.

She looked over to see two other kids from back at the lab already catching Pokemon and talking. One of them had caught a Houndour and a Pidove. She never knew that these two Pokemon would appear here, but Pidove were common in areas where Bug-Types appeared, so that wasn't too far of a stretch. But a Houndour? Weird.

Aside from that, she decided that there were no Pokemon here she wanted to catch, but an old gentleman with hedge cutters and an apron and big gloves came out of the hedges. He seemed tired, but was more bored than anything else. He looked over and saw the trainers who had just arrived.

"Hey, would one of you like to battle me? I am in need of a break and a Pokemon battle is the way to go."

Maria looked at the others with a questioning look, as if questioning who should go first.

(OOC: The hedge man is an NPC. Anyone can control him. His Pokemon is a Corpish though.)

Misumi smiled from Grace answer and watched her capturing her Eevee. "Seems nice.. I honestly not so eager to earn badges.. Maybe to proof mine and Zange strenght.. But I don't want to be just Kalos champion.. There is a person I want to defeat.." said Misumi. He started to wonder, how houndour ended up in this place... Route 4..Well, he left that matter for now.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Also on route to Santalune City was a young teen, an Eevee following behind her. Her brown and blue hair was slightly messy, and she was wearing a pair of sunglasses due to the bright sunlight. She appeared to be incredibly eager - maybe a bit too eager.

Eve, with a stride in her step, continued down the route. She had her eyes peeled for any Pokemon present. Unfortunately, all she saw were Bug-types. She had nothing against bug-types, per se, but she wasn't really interested in catching one either.

Deciding it was time for a sip of water - her mother had emphasized the dangers of heatstroke well - she sat down on the side of the Route, pulling out a sport-style water bottle. The Eevee glanced around, before sitting down as well.

Jack nodded along when Maria explained to them why their dreams might not be achievable. He already knew that, of course, that was why he’d have to work hard to achieve it. As they continued to walk along the route, an old man approached them, asking if any of them wanted a battle. “Of course! I’ll always take up a chance to get stronger.” He replied, pulling his Croagunks pokeball from it’s belt.

Jace hopped off the skiddo, eager to watch the battle. While he wasn’t exactly great at them himself, he loved to watch them. He used to spend hours studying battles, especially gym battles and tournaments. Jace walked over toe side of the path and sat down, ready to watch the battle.

“They both have two Pokémon. They also each have Pokémon that resist each other. They’ve both owned a Pokémon before they were invited by Prf. Sycamore, so they have around the same experience as a trainer. They’re basically evenly matched, this could go either way!”

Jace, talking up a storm, making himself more excited by each passing second. He was ready to battle.

With a spectacular crash, Mark landed onto the sturdy tree root below. Evidently in pain from both the drug and the fall, he silently felt around for major injuries. Gingerly touching his leg, Mark winced as he inspected the damage. Right below his knee was a large gaping cut, most likely from getting caught onto a branch. Sitting down to rest and take everything in, Mark closed his eyes, but was jarred awake by a single sentence that drifted by.

"Hey, would one of you like to battle me?"
Battle
Battle

Battle

The one word echoed in Mark's brain, screaming at him to reply. As if in a trance, Mark forced himself up despite his numerous cuts and bruises and aggressively limped towards the voice. Soon enough, he came across a clearing, where he saw a group of trainers and an elderly man, who seemed to be some sort of gardener. The old man looked at Mark in confusion and said:
"My word, you look awful. And who might you be laddie? Surely you haven't come to accept my challenge."

Giving the man an animalistic grin, Mark whispered shakily:
"That's exactly why I'm here. Now fight me or I'll reduce you to cinders."

Out of the corner of his eye, Mark spotted one of the trainers reaching for a Pokeball. He violently whipped around and stumbling on his bad leg. Seemingly possessed by something, Mark spoke in that same trance-like state:
"Stay out of this."

Highly confused, the old man scratched his beard and grumbled:
"Kids these days....no respect for the elderly. So you battlin' me or not?"
The old man drew a Pokeball and sent out a small crustacean Pokemon.
Corphish waved its claws impatiently and turned to its trainer. The old man shrugged said:
"I dunno either pal. We were gonna battle that kid over there but now this nut shows up, higher than Prism Tower, demanding a fight."

Walking up to Jack, the old man whispered apologetically:
"Hey kiddo, ya mind if I deal with that boy first? The faster someone like him is gone, the better we'll all be."
Without an answer, he hobbled over to Mark and said impatiently:
"Ya done got a deal, bucko. Let's throw down."

Mark silently drew his own Pokeball and in a flash, sent out his partner Pokemon: Magmortar. The fire Pokemon could sense something was off, as it shot a worried look at its trainer. Mark glared daggers back, silently telling Magmortar to back off. Suddenly, he called out:
"Overheat!"
Magmortar was even more worried now, as Mark only ever commanded Overheat in the most dire situations, since he knew how much that move strained Magmortar. However, the Pokemon trusted Mark with his life and overruled any worry. Magmortar drew its arms to its body, gathering up all of its infernal energy and released it with a massive fireball, which was headed straight for Corphish.

Direct hit. The little Pokemon, despite being a water type, was blown away by the sheer magnitude of the attack. However, being resistant to the attack, Corphish wasn't completely down for the count yet.

The old man yelled furiously at Mark:
"You crazy?! You coulda burned down this entire place!"
Turning to Corphish, he instructed:
"If you can, then use Crabhammer!"
Corphish leaped at Magmortar with surprising agility and raised single claw to attack. Mark furiously commanded:
"Dodge it you worthless animal!"
Taken aback by the harsh words, Magmortar moved a bit too slowly and was nailed right in the chest by Crabhammer. Now normally, this attack wouldn't be too big of a deal for a bulky Pokemon like Magmortar, but after exhausting all of its energy with Overheat, the Pokemon's guard was practically nonexistent, so a clean hit from the Corphish was more than enough to knock it back.

Clearly unable to continue, Magmortar turned to its trainer helplessly. Mark, filled with anger and confusion, spat:
"Useless, useless, USELESS! Such a weak Pokemon is no use to Team Flare."
Mark brought out Magmortar's Pokeball and slammed it down on the ground in disgust. He turned to Magmortar and said coldly:
"You're dismissed."
As he watched his trainer limp off into the distance, Magmortar called out weakly drifting into unconsciousness, remembering how good Mark always was to his Pokemon.

Jace saw what had just happened incredibly close by, infuriated by what the trainer had said to the Pokémon he walked over to the PokeBall laying in the ground. The young boy kneeled down and picked up the red and white ball. He looked to see the limping figure.

“YOU’RE THE USELESS ONE!”

As Jace shouted that he hurled the PokeBall at the trainer, hitting him square in the noggin. A direct hit.

Maria was ready for the battle too, but was taken aback by such crude talk by a trainer. She watched on as the interaction and the prospect of battle seemed to amp up the kid, and she watched in horror as he spat out an all-out attack that normally should have been saved for a last resort, and then called his Pokemon a useless animal. She watched as the Magmortar seemed hurt. The Magmortar's own confusion and disbelief on its face alluded to the kid acting abnormally. Maybe there was something wrong with him? He seemed damaged and cut up. Concerned for the boy and the Magmortar, she walked up to the Magmortar to assess the injury.

"You okay? I'm so sorry he treated you like that. Judging by your expression, I'm assuming he's not normally like that... It doesn't take a lot to understand a Pokemon's face. I do it all the time back at my ranch. Anyway, I'm rambling again."

She was going to grab the PokeBall, but it was already taken by Jace and thrown at the kid. She can feel the ambient heat from the creature, but due to the attack and being berated, it felt oddly weak and intense? It was a strange feeling, she didn't actually have a word to describe what she was feeling from the Magmortar. But Team Flare? That seemed weird. Wasn't Team Flare disbanded?

She yelled at Jace, her patience running thin. What the hell was going on?!

"HEY! There is something wrong with the kid! His Magmortar is confused and hurt!" Her voice was grating and loud, contrasting to her sweet sounding voice from earlier.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
“Ah, well thank goodness we are almost out of this route.” Grace said, continuing to go through the route. She had decided to keep her Pokémon out, Eevee and Fletchling, who seemed to still rather be a little mad at each other due to the previous battle that slightly hurt each other. They even attacked each other once more, but Grace didn’t seem to mind as she just thought they were playing around.

Jace looked back at Maria, a bit confused on what was happening.

“Uh, hello? Did you not see what he just did to his Magmortar? I don’t care if something’s wrong with him, no Pokémon deserves that!”

Jace turned to where he had thrown the pokeball, he didn’t see the boy anymore. He turned back to Maria, who just like him, seemed to have run out of patience. He took a couple of steps behind her before stopping to say something.

“We need to get going if we don’t wanna be out here at night. Let’s get going.”

As he said that he picked up the pace a little catching up the other two trainers.

Mark limped painfully away from the battle scene when suddenly something hit him in the back of the head. Turning around furiously, he picked up Magmortar's Pokeball and threw it back.
"Didn't you fools hear me? I don't need this pathetic excuse of a Poke-mon."
Those last syllables slightly faltered and for a split second, though it was losing energy by the second, Magmortar could see a visible tear forming in Mark's right eye before the trainer swiftly turned around and continued staggering away at a noticeably quicker pace than before.

Meanwhile, the old man gently scooped up his Corphish and walked over to the others and said in a low voice:
"You kids ok? No that's a stupid question. Of course you aren't after seeing what just happened. Can barely believe it myself. Tell you what; I'll escort you to the nearest Pokemon Center. It'll be bad news if more creeps like him show up. Plus, I gotta get little Corphish here fixed up."
He paused for a second and added:
"Oh I forgot to properly introduce myself. The name's Vince. I'm the gardener around these parts. One more thing before I forget....You folks should take that Magmortar along. It ain't doing good, even I can see that."

She nodded at Maria, listening to her words and thinking on them for a few moments. Her thoughts were interrupted as an elderly man approached them, asking for a battle.

Mae clutched her Pokéballs in her hand, ready for a match as well when it came around to her turn. She was surprised when an older boy appeared out of no where and demanded a battle with the man. He gave off bad vibes, and Cumulus perched on her shoulder looking at him intensely.

She became increasingly irritated at how he treated his Pokémon, first commanding it to use a move like that and then insulting it, to just throwing it out. She watched as Jace threw the Pokéball at the limping trainer, who then threw it back. "What is wrong with you?" Mae muttered angrily, though it might not have been loud enough for the trainer to hear.

She turned back and gazed at the Magmortar with an expression of worry and then looked up at the man, now known as Vince. "That'd be great, thank you," she replied gratefully. Her thoughts floated back to the limping trainer they'd just seen before. 'He seemed off. Could he possibly be a part of..?' she cut herself off. Mae shook her head, deciding to push it aside for now.

Cumulus noticed her attitude and brushed her wing against the girl's face in a comforting manner. She smiled a bit at the gesture.

Jace stopped, and turned back to the older man. He looked at Maria, Mae, Jac, and than the man. Realizing the little outburst he had just had he decided to calm himself, knowing it would only end bad if he didn’t. He took a deep breath and smiled.

“That’d be lovely, if Maria and Jack are alright with it. It’s up to them.”

Jace looked up, to see the falling red and white ball. He stuck up his hands, caught the ball, pointed it towards the fire Pokémon, and returned it to its pokeball.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Watching the strange boy limp away, Eve watched in pure disgust. She got up, putting her bottle down, and called "Hey! HEY!"
Unfortunately, the trainer was already gone. Glaring at the spot where he had been, her fists clenched in anger. She struggled to contain herself, and it took so much willpower to not chase the guy down and give him a piece of her mind.
Eevee stared at the incident, visibly horrified. A low growl rose in the Pokemon's throat. Unbeknownst to many, she'd seen this before. Just like Eve, it angered her.

"Overheat. Overheat. He told it to use Overheat and then got mad at it for being weak afterwards. What kind of trainer is that, anyway?" Eve said to herself, albeit a bit too loudly. An idiotic excuse for one, she thought.

Today was quite an exhausting day for Vince, especially considering his age. First, those pesky Spearow ruined the shrubs again (And right after they were just trimmed too!) so Vince had to double on his work, and then the incident with the strange trainer happened. The gardener quietly muttered:
"I finally retire to a quiet life of gardening and this happens?"
Suddenly, something caught Vince's eye. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and motioned to the Pokeball in Jace's hand:
"Young man, correct me if my eyesight's failing me, but that right there's not just any Pokeball. It's a genuine black and yellow luxury ball if I've seen one. And I take it you know what luxury balls are used for."

Several meters away, Mark was still struggling to walk when suddenly, his earpiece crackled to life and a smooth voice with a slight accent said:
"Greetings, subject MAS. This is Lumiose Flare HQ, Operator ID 5430. Please stay put as we retrieve you for further testing."
Still blinded by overwhelming confusion and inexplicable rage, Mark growled into the earpiece:
"Get the hell outta my head! Just take me to HQ and shut it!"
The operator gave a small chuckle and remarked:
"Heh, looks like that Xerosic actually made something useful for once. Well alright then, transport will arrive momentarily. Please stand by."
As if right on cue, a tough-looking Alakazam materialized at Mark's side and pointed one of its metal spoons at the trainer. With a brilliant blast of blue light the two of them vanished.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Nicia wandered through Lumiose City Vulpix by her side. She had just received The Pokemon from professor sycamore a few hours ago. Nicia had planned to go straight through route 4 but she wanted to get to know Vulpix and decided instead to walk around the city. They sat down on a bench outside the Lumiose City gym and Vulpix jumped up into her lap. Nicia gave Vulpix a snacking munched on a croissant she bought from a nearby store.

Once they finished their food they decided to head through route 4 and finally start their journey. After interring the route 4 they took in the sights. The gardens were beautiful and well kept and a fountain was the centrepiece of the garden.
"You there! Care for a poker battle?" A boy called from beside Nicia. He wore roller skates with a helmet and badges on his knees and shoulders.
"Sure." Nicia replied. Vulpix recognised the word battle and left forward in preparation.
"Cool, names Roland. Go Pidgey!" Roland said before sending out The Pokemon. "Now Pidgey use tackle!"
The Pidgey swooped down from the air toward Vulpix.
"Dodge it quick." Nicia called and Vulpix obeyed jumping out of the way at the last second. "Now use ember." Vulpix let out an array of sparks at the opposing Pidgey. As the Pidgey slammed into the ground it was attacked by the embers causing significant damage and winning Nicia the battle.
"Well I guess I gotta practice more." Roland said as he returned Pidgey.

Nicia continued down the route admiring The Pokemon and Gardners tending to the shrubbery. As she walked she felt as though something was following her. Turning her head she couldn't see anything but she still felt uneasy. This was until a ball of purple fur jumped out from the grass beside the path blocking the way. As it turned Nicia held her pokédex up to The Pokemon.

"Venonat, a Bug, Poison type Pokémon. Venonat's big eyes are actually clusters of tiny eyes. At night, its kind is drawn by light. They live in the shadows of tall trees where it eats bugs. It is attracted by light at night.

"Alright time to catch it." Nicia smiled as she called on Vulpix. "Don't hurt it too much." Nicia said before commanding another ember. The Venonat dodged the first ember and recuperated with a tackle. Vulpix took the hit head on but it wasn't enough and its second ember hit. "Now it's time to catch it." Nicia said throwing a pokéball into the air. It landed on Venonat and with a red light the Venonat was sucked into the pokéball. The pokéball beeped once, twice, three times and Venonat was caught.
"Yeah! Great job Vulpix." Nicia said as she picked up the pokéball. "Now lets keep going." Nicia smiled at the golden Vulpix and they continued walking down the path toward Santalune City.

Jace looked at the old man, and then back at the ball in his hand. After another glance, Jace realized he was right. It was a luxury ball!

“That’s strange.. A luxury ball is...”

Jace examined the ball, it just didn’t make sense.. Why would someone who cares for their Pokémon call it useless and release it just because it lost?! Unless he was also- no, he couldn’t be. He looked a bit too old to be.. At this point Jace had started to think out loud.

“A luxury ball, a fire type Pokémon, a flame logo on the backs..? Some type of fire type cult?”

Jace looked up, to indeed find out he was talking.

“Sorry, I’m just a bit confused by this. Nonetheless we should get going, it’s getting dark. If we don’t start moving on now, we might not make it to Santalune City, and we don’t wanna fall behind the other trainers, do we?”

Jace continued on the path, looking back towards the trainers.

“You guys coming with?”

Mae was glancing around at the scenery, watching all the Pokémon wandering about in the area. She didn't really want to catch any of them in particular, though; she was just enjoying looking at them to take her mind off things.

She noticed Jace had gone on a little farther and shifted her bookbag on her back before walking after him. "I am," the girl answered. She remembered what they were originally going to do before all this happened, and was eager to get to Santalune for her first gym match. Mae would have a relatively easy time there with her Swablu being a flying-type against the gym's bug-types. She was also planning on using Crest, since she wanted to give him time to shine as well.

Jack was astounded at what had just taken place, first he was going to battle someone and now he was being escorted to the Pokémon Center after some crazy guy butted in and ditched his Pokémon after it was hit by one attack. “Man, I was really looking forward for the chance to battle, but I guess it’ll have to wait.” He said after processing what had just happened, “I wonder what the deal with that guy is, but yeah, we should get going. I’m looking even more forward to the first gym!” He finished in a more cheerful tone to try and lighten the mood.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Please be advised that I've received several reports about this thread.

Reminder that posts must be in past tense (not present tense - some of you sometimes seem to slip into present tense in a fit of what I can only assume is being distracted - proofreading your posts before submitting them is generally a good idea) and that forcing hits on another person's character is autoing and is strictly prohibited. You can pelt each other with Pokeballs to your little hearts' content, but it's up to the person that had the ball thrown at them to decide if it hit them 'square in the noggin' or not.

Otherwise, carry on.

Team Flare HQ, Lumiose City.

A rather large man with a single fiery wave of hair pulled out a Pokeball and pointed it at the newly arrived Alakazam. In an instant, the Pokemon was transported inside of the device. The man handed the ball to a nearby assistant, who promptly rushed out of the room, as if she saw a ghost. When the assistant was out of earshot, the man said:

"Welcome back, agent MAS. I monitored you during your mission via drone, and I must say, I'm rather pleased with your performance."
When he received no response to this, the man merely smiled and went on:
"You were right to get rid of that Magmortar. Soft. Weak. Pitiful. Worthle-"
Before he could finish the word, the man was cut off by a sudden outburst of:
"AGHHHH SHUT! UP!"
Mark glared at the man, nothing but malice in his eyes. The man took no notice of this and went on as if nothing had happened:
"Worthless. Pathetic. Hopeless. Don't you see, my dear agent?"
Quivering with anger, Mark lunged at the man, but fell over and missed due to his leg injury. With incredible speed, the red-haired man drew a Pokeball and a sinister looking Malamar appeared before Mark. The man commanded to Malamar:
"You know what to do."
Malamar shot out a single tentacle and grabbed Mark by the shirt collar. Though he struggled and kicked around, Mark couldn't do anything against the formidable Pokemon. He yelled with a note of fear in his voice for the first time:
"Xerosic! Stop! Call it off! Please...."

Xerosic chuckled and replied:
"I'm so sorry agent MAS, but it seems like you need some more......adjustment. Now Malamar, Hypnosis!"
The Pokemon snickered and stared right into Mark's eyes, focusing its psychic power into the attack. Mark tried not to look at the glowing lights, but still ended up passing out. Xerosic motioned to Malamar to release Mark and rubbed his hands in eager anticipation.

When the boy finally woke up, Xerosic asked in a calm voice:
"Ready for your next assignment?"
In that same eerie trance-state as before, Mark nodded slowly and said:
"Yes sir..."
Xerosic smiled evilly and said:
"Marvelous. Now remember those kids from your previous mission? Well it's no surprise that you riled them up quite a bit. And let me tell you right now....another person's anger is one of the most powerful weapons a man can have. Anyways, to the point. My drone picked up audio samples from the group and it seems that they are headed to participate in the gym challenge in Santalune City. I want you to follow their lead and do your next phase of training against the "gym leaders". Imagine how infuriated they'll be when they see you again, stealing their dream. Remember what I said. Anger is power."
Mark nodded solemnly and said:
"I'll need a Pokemon to replace that pathetic Magmortar...."
Xerosic thought for a second and said:
"Consider it done. I think you'll find this one more to your liking."
The scientist walked over to his computer and keyed in a few commands. Within a few seconds, the assistant from before returned with a single Pokeball, setting it in Mark's hands.
Xerosic nodded and said:
"I was planning to use it for myself, but I think you'll put it to better use. This Hydreigon is on the same drug as you, agent MAS. A heartless tool of mass destruction. Now then.....I'll give you a day to rest and heal your wounds. You will be sent to Santalune City first thing day after tomorrow."

Charles wandered down route 4, not wanting to be caught up in the crowd of other trainers. As he progressed, he could’ve sworn he saw some odd group of people, wearing fire-red costumes walking on the route as well, seemingly having fled, but Charles couldn’t be sure of that fact.

Slightly unnerved, Charles looked behind him to see Ray floating carefree there, letting out that same odd, happy gurgling. Feeling more reassured, Charles soldiered on, down route 4, still keeping his distance from the group.

Last edited:

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Nicia walked through route 4 but eventually realised it was getting dark. Finding a nice spot underneath a few trees to shelter herself from the rain she pulled a sleeping bag out of he backpack and set it down near a patch of flowers. She had packed a box of food earlier that day and sent out her Pokémon for dinner. Finding a few logs and kindling she started a fire for warmth and waited for night to come.

Eventually it did. The sky was black save from the stray embers that floated up into the air. Vulpix and Venonat were fast asleep together with Nicia's blanket wrapped around them. Nicia didn't mind though and instead smiled. The two had bonded and that was more important. Nicia laid down trying to fall asleep. She watched The Pokemon around her slowly crawl back into the bushes and trees and eventually she was overcome with tire. And slowly she fell asleep.

Nicia woke up early the next morning. She got up and started packing up her sleeping bag to get ready to walk again that day. Venonat and Vulpix woke up soon after and they were off.
"Santalune is another half a days walk from here." Nicia said to her Pokémon. "After that we'll challenge the gym leader and then head to Cyllage city I think."

Nicia and he Pokémon spent the rest of the day battling other trainers travelling along the route and walking toward Santalune City. Once they arrived the trio was extremely tired and booked a room for the night. But the day wasn't over yet and there was still a gym to battle so Nicia headed toward the Santalune City gym to battle Viola.

Last edited:
Jace had left the rag-tag group on route 4, hoping to reconnect with them when they met back up in Lumiose. As he trended towards Santalune he felt a drip of water. He looked up, great.

“Just my luck, the sun sets and it starts to pour.”

Jace had set his sight on the city wanting to get there in time for some good rest. But at this point.. As he opened his bad he heard a weak cry, confused he stood back up and looked around. A Pokémon?

“Sqeee”

There it was again, what was happening? Jace decided to trace the sounds leading him into a thick forest. Before he knew it he was lost, and even worse he hadn’t heard the cry. As the rain got worse Jace knew he would have to find somewhere to shelter down. He spotted a medium sized cave and went in. Sitting down and taking out a box of matches. He lit one Andy threw it intonations his temporary campfire. He leaned back on something soft? He looked back, it’s was a The Pokémon seemed in horrible condition. Jace had to think fast and he did. He pulled out a premier ball.

“I’m gonna put you in this for now, it’ll stop the pain till I can heal you up.”

The turtle just nodded, to weak to even cry. Jace tapped the ball on the mon’s head as light as he could. He looked back outside, no way he was making it to a center tonight. He leaned against his back, trying to go to sleep. He was exhausted.

Ethan walked into the Pokémon center, knowing where he was. He yawned and put his scraggy, and the Pokémon he caught,Gilipin. He healed his Pokémon and sat down on a chair, falling asleep for the night, and forgetting everything that happened that day.