• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Rather Not Normal Kalos Journey

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Discussion/Sign-ups:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-rather-not-normal-kalos-journey.22682/
The following people are allowed to role-play at this time:
——————————————————————————————————————
BIC:
Many hours ago -
2:00 Kalosian Time

Grace woke up on the short plane ride that she had slept the entirety of, and after landing, began to yawn a little. There was nobody else on the plane except her and the cabin crew, as she was the only person flying from Laverre City to Lumiose City. Tomorrow would be quite an exciting day.

Grace then exited the plane and went in a taxi.

Many hours ago -
2:30 Kalosian Time

As Grace finally slept on her hotel bed, she immediately fell asleep. It was still pretty early, hours before dawn, so she had to sleep. She had gotten a message from Professor Sycamore himself, which read,

“Hello, Grace Stevens,

This is a letter that is about your Pokémon journey. I would love for you to come to my lab tomorrow morning. I can provide you with the necessary equipment and your starter here. I hope you can come at 7:30 am.

Sincerely,
Professor Sycamore”

Present time -
6:45 am

Grace woke up to probably one of the most annoying sounds ever (an alarm clock) and just immediately started to get ready. After putting on her tennis shoes and the skater dress she would usually wear, she brushed up her quite long brown hair and then signed out of her hotel room. The lab was nearby. She didn’t even bother to buy food, she wasn’t hungry at all. After arriving at the lab, she sat down at a nearby bench and waited for the lab to open.

Last edited:
Finally leaving the Lumiose hotel, Jace waved goodbye to the hotel owner. Walking towards the town exit he looked down at the letter he had received, he still couldn’t believe it. Him, a random boy from Hoenn was selected to be a Pokémon trainer. Well his journey wouldn’t start till he got to the lab. He looked ahead, seeing well, the lab.
“Huh, it’s closer to the hotel than I thought.” Jace got closer, seeing another person, sitting there on the bench. Jace looked towards the door, the lab didn’t look open yet. Might as well make chit-chat while waiting, he turned towards the girl.
“H-hello, are you here to start your journey too?”

Charles wearily opened his eyes, exhausted after spending most of the night researching for his journey, having received a message from Kalos’ own professor sycamore.

Eyes filled with sleep sand, Charles looked over at the clock on his wall, which read 7:05 am.

“Arceus! 7:05? I’ll be late!” Charles shouted out, fully awake as he scrambled out of bed.

Quickly, he changed into his typical attire, which consisted of jeans, a grey button-up shirt and a dark jacket. Heading towards to door, Charles quickly fixed his hair and grabbed his glasses.

Exiting his house, Charles booked it towards the lab, his satchel almost falling off him.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Grace was just anxiously waiting for Professor Sycamore’s lab to open until she saw a blonde-haired boy walk up to her. He had asked if she was starting her journey, and stuttered a little bit at the start. Grace replied, “Indeed, I am starting my journey as well, as I suppose you are too. The name is Grace, what is yours?”

A young boy wake up and make a big yawn after a second. He stood up from his bed and looked around.. Well, he was at the hotel, so everything seemed to be fine. He didn't have any clock with him at the moment, so he didn't know what hour is it now. He ate fast breakfast and left to profesor Sycamore's lab, wide smile never left his face. He looked at his necklace and sang the song "Triangles~ Triangles~! Not one! Not two! ~ But three angles they have!~" he was singing, Grandpa thought him this song, even if he didn't get why it was about triangles, it had so happy melody and thone that Misumi loved to sing it. After a while he reached the lab and saw that two people were already there, he waved to them and light dazzled in his eyes "Hey! Hey! Are you guys here to become trainers?" he asked as he approached them.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Grace looked as she saw another boy come up to her, who basically asked the same thing as the blonde-haired boy, but the difference was that the silver-haired boy sounded a little more confident and loud.

“Hello, and yes, I am here to become a trainer. The name is Grace, what about yours?” Grace asked.

Maria, an average looking teenager with her pale skin, brunette braided hair and green, dull eyes, was helping her dad at his library in Aquacorde Town when she had gotten a call from her mother. Her mother lived nearby, but in a section of Kalos just west of Vaniville Ranch that she had bought land so she had enough room to start her Skiddo and Gogoat ranch. Maria's Holo Caster blinked rapidly and she pushed a button to see her mother's face appear in a hologram. She had always been told how she was her mother's miniature version of herself, and that was a fact. She looked like her mother's clone when she was Maria's age.

Her mother was completely frantic and had been holding up a letter, talking unintelligibly. Maria, who was putting up books by the authors' names of alphabetical order, had just stared at her mom with a confused look. She walked over to her father with a puzzled face. Her father didn't look like Maria or her mother at all. He had blonde hair, a chiseled face, and bright grey eyes that were blue when he was younger. He's also paler than Maria, but that was probably due to having his nose so down his book's spine that his skin hasn't had a good dose of Vitamin D.

With her father, Maria was able to calm down her mother enough to read the letter out loud. Her mother got impatient and just spilled it right after she said Maria's name.

"Maria..... Oh, what am I kidding... Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City summoned you to him tomorrow morning because he wants you to go on a Pokemon journey and get your fancy equipment and a starter Pokemon!"

Maria was stunned. For a second, she became paler than her father before blood rushed up to her face and she became a beet red. She's... No, a girl like her, going on an adventure? Why would Professor Sycamore ask for her counsel? There were many girls and boys her age who were more qualified for this. Maybe this is what the professor does to any child who has reached the age of around 10-13. Maybe...

That's when it hit her. In class, she had taken an exam that she passed with flying colors. Was that it? Was it because of her exceptional grades and knowledge on Pokemon that she was being picked? Hand-picked?!

She went from astonished to jubilant in a matter of seconds and she was jumping around for joy. Her father and mother were waiting for this reaction and were getting pretty worried that their daughter was too afraid to go on a journey. "Well, time to get you home, so you can pack your bags and get yourself ready. You have your Skiddo, right?"

"Dad, I took my Skiddo to work."

"Ah, right. Sorry, it's been a long day." Her father chuckled and looked at the time. It was 6 pm, so almost dinner and it was the end of the workday.

"Let me finish my paperwork and lock up before we travel home together," her father said, while his face was nose deep into his computer screen.

Maria got her duties done and was waiting outside by the time her father was grabbing his coat and PokeBall. He came out, locked the door behind him, and they both released their Pokemon. A Skiddo for Maria and a Gogoat for her father.

They hopped on their Pokemon and began the semi-long journey back to their home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, Maria awoke kind of tired, yet still excited as the adrenaline hadn't left her alone last night, and came back with a vengeance. She finished her chores and ate her breakfast quickly, took the backpack that her mother packed, took her Skiddo, and away she went. She went through Vaniville Town, Vaniville Pathway (Route 1), Aquacorde Town, Avance Trail (Route 2), Santalune Forest, Ouvert Way (Route 3), Santalune City, Parterre Way (Route 4), and then finally she arrived at Lumiose City in little over an hour. Having left at 6 am, she finally made it. She had her Skiddo trot up to a few trainers and she hopped off. Excited, she introduced herself to the young girl and two young boys.

"Hi! I'm Maria Chevrolet, the local Skiddo and Gogoat rancher here in Kalos. How are you all doing?" While she's never met these kids before, she's quick to make friends, especially since they all seemed to be here for the same thing. Did they do something equally as good as ace an exam at school? "Do you guys know why you guys got hand-picked by the professor? It's not supposed to happen to just anybody, I don't think. I'm gonna pick a Fennekin as my Starter! What are you guys going to pick?"

Near exhausted, Charles ran across the streets of Lumiose city, desperate to get to the lab in time, as he wasn’t sure what would happen if he was late. He certainly didn’t want to find out, that he was certain of.

Reaching the entrance of Sycamore’s lab, Charles noticed that there were already four other people there. Slowing down to regain his composure, Charles walked towards the entrance.

“Am I on time?” Charles inquired.

As he was asked for his name and Grace and Maria already introduced themselfs, he was about to introduce himself "Nice to meet all of you-.." he said with a soft smile, he watched all of them and tried to read their emotions on their faces "-.. My name is Misumi Tsurugi. Mi~su~mi! My friends called me Scythe... But that nickname has embarassing origin... Umm.. You can call me Misu or Misumi, which one you prefer better!~" he said with happy and excited voice, then calmed down a bit. "I hope we all could be friends~"

He turned to the new boy, who just arrived and asked, if he wasn't late. "Yup, you are just on time. Profesor didn't open his lab yet"

Mae ambled along the road, head held high. She had been prepared for this moment ever since she received a letter from the professor. She had eaten a quick breakfast this morning and packed the rest of her belongings, waving goodbye to hee parents before setting off to Lumiose City.

The chestnut-brown haired girl spotted the lab just ahead. She glanced down at her watch, which showed that it was 7:22. "Just on time," Mae said to herself with a nod. As she came closer she noticed a group of other kids around the entrance. She hesitantly approached them.

"Hello?" she greeted, though it came out a bit awkwardly.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
(OOC: The lab will open on my next post)

Holy smokes,
Grace thought as she was seeing a lot of people come near the lab and to bench she was sitting on.

“Hello everyone! My name is Grace, Grace Stevens. Pleasure to meet you all.” Grace said to everyone who just introduced themselves with a soft smile.

Maria looked about and saw two more young kids arrive. She watched as one kid seemed pretty exhausted another was more awkward. She introduced herself to the other two who had arrived. "The names Maria, and this is my Skiddo. But my question has been unanswered. Have you guys done something to warrant the professor to ask us to come by? Like beat an exam with flying colors or demonstrate some other really cool ability?"

Jace looked at the girl who had just asked a, strange question. He thought about it for a second, “I mean, there was this one time the where I helped Professor Birch, he’s the leading scientist of Hoenn. He said I got along with the Pokémon well, and had me answer a few questions, but that’s it.” Jace shook his head, “Anyways, Maria? You said you knew which starter you were gonna pick, but how’d you already know the starters? I didn’t see anything about them anywhere in the letter I received.”

Ethan was eating breakfast when his mom rushed in and said “Ethan, did you forgot, get to the lab RIGHT NOW.” He looked up at her and said”What lab, what do you mean.” Then his mother pulled out the letter and pointed at it. “Now Get going!” She said as she pushed him out the door, putting the letter in his hands. “Huh, now why am I outside again.” He wondered. He then looked down and saw the letter. “Oh, I need to go there.” He then walked a few feet, stopped, wondered where he was, saw the letter, read the letter, and repeat over and over till he got to the lab. He saw other people there, but didn’t know who they were, or where he was(again). He looked at the letter in his hand and understood, sitting down. Then he waited, and while waiting, forgot what he had just understood.

Jack woke up in the hotel he’d been staying at the night before, he lived in Snowbelle City so he had to catch a plane the day before. He got up and looked at the time before getting ready for the day, eating breakfast and getting dressed, before leaving for the lab.

Jack finally reached the lab around the designated time, and noticed quite a few trainers already there. “There it is! It seems I’m on time, but there are definitely quite a few trainers...” He said aloud to himself as he approached the group. He gripped his singular pokeball, containing his Croagunk as he walked up and sat down near the group. It seemed they were already having a conversation, so he didn’t want to butt in until someone spoke to him. His sitting in silence was interrupted when one of the new trainers asked if they’d done anything special to get selected. “Not really that I can remember, though I did win a small local tournament a few months back.” He then turned and waved back to the girl who’d said hello, but hadn’t introduced herself.

"What could I do to receive a letter?... Hmm... I don't know" said Misumi, but it was a lie. He thought about one thing that could make him a trainer candidate, but he decided not to tell it. He was waving every time, when someone new approached this group. After a while he wanted to stop standing and sat down next to Grace on the bench.

Mae tilted her head to the side a bit in thought. "Not that I remember. I was always told I was great with Pokémon, though, if that counts for anything?" she answered Maria. Her eyes flickered down at her Pokéball, which held her Swablu. She had named her Cumulus, a type of cloud.

She realized she had forgotten to introduce herself and quickly did so. "Oh, and my name's Mae, by the way." She had heard bits of everyone else's as she made her way to the lab, enough to get most of their names. The girl felt a little out of place here, but she shook the feeling off. She'd get used to hanging around them.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
“The only notable thing I ever did was... win a rather small Rhyhorn race..” Grace said.

The door to the lab opened, and an assistant of the professor said, “Hello! Welcome to the professor’s lab, please come in!”

Grace said, “Welp, looks like we have to go in now.”

She then walked into the lab, and the assistant said to walk down the middle hall, and so she walked down the hall to a huge area filled with first-stage Pokémon. She was at a loss of words, and saw all of the Pokémon in the area. Professor Sycamore was setting everything up, so Grace didn’t want to bother with disturbing him.

Jack entered the lab following the others. There were certainly a lot of things to be excited about, even though he already had a Pokémon, he’d still be getting a Pokédex, and get to go on what’ll probably be an amazing journey. When they finally reached the room that the Professor was in, Jack was already brimming with excitement as he looked around at all the starters available to new trainers.

Jace looked at all the Pokémon in the room with them. It was amazing, they all looked so unique but yet strong. Jace examined the Pokémon and the trainers, almost connecting the trainer to which Pokémon they wanted to chose. He looked around the room, it almost looked like a sort of training ground for the Pokémon to play. He chuckled looking back the Pokémon, which one of these would he his partner?

Maria smirked at the young boy, now known as Jace, and she explained how she knew. "My father is a librarian and reads a lot about the many professors of the different regions. He told me that Professor Sycamore usually gives away Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle with the help of Professor Oak sending him some Pokemon, and he also gives away Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie normally. He's shown me pictures and I call dibs on Fennekin! I don't normally call dibs on anything, but I don't want to miss out on getting one of my favorite Pokemon." She looked back to her Skiddo and patted her head. "Shh, don't tell anyone that you are my most favorite." Her Skiddo beamed with happiness and returned into her PokeBall.

As the assistant came out to lead the kids inside, Maria noticed some more kids coming by and introducing themselves. She kept them and their accomplishments and names all in some kind of mental catalog and walked inside. There were quite a few Pokemon being given out, which surprised Maria. "Oh, looks like he's giving out way more than usual today."

Last edited:
Entering the laboratory, Charles followed the lab assistant’s instructions and entered the room containing their starter choices.

Charles was shocked at the sheer variety of the Pokemon being handed out by Professor sycamore this year around. As he understood, he would only hand out three Pokemon; Chespin, Froakie and fennekin.

“Wow...” Charles muttered to himself.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Professor Sycamore was done with setting all of the Poké Balls and Pokedexes down as he then turned to the growing amount of young, new trainers.

“Hello everyone! As you probably know by now, I’m Professor Sycamore. I have everything ready for you all. You may grab your pokedexes and Poké Balls and choose a starter. We have quite the variety; I’m sure you will find one that you’d like. If you have any questions, let me know.” Professor Sycamore said.

Grace only nodded as she searched around for a starter that she would like. She looked around until a Fletchling went on her shoulder. Grace stared at it, and she started to want the Fletchling as her starter.

Misumi wondered, who should he pick.. "Why do I have to choose only one of them?" he sighed. A group of pokemons jumped at him, as they saw that he is troubled by a choice, cuddled to him and tickled him, so he laught and was cheered up. Zorua was watching them from the distance and when Misumi noticed this pokemon, Zorua turned his head away, to pretend like he doesn't care or something. Misumi stood up as pokemons get off him and smiled to the small black pokemon. "Would you come with me, if I asked you to?" he asked Zorua. Pokemon glanced at him and made something like small nod. Misumi smiled "Then.. I choose you, Zorua~"

Jace took a couple of steps forward to the starters, they all seemed to be strong but, none of them caught his interest. That was until a tiny green-haired Pokémon appeared in front of him. Confused, Jace bent down to the small creature’s level. The Pokémon seemed a bit timid, and to be honest, so did Jace. But still the two seemed to connect quickly, Jace smiled.
“You feel it too little guy? You feel like we’re gonna be friends?” The Ralts just nodded it’s head before Jace picked it up and turned to the the Professor. “Professor Sycamore, would you mind if I chose this one?”

Maria watched as the other trainers and potential Pokemon interacted with each other and, because of the huge amount of action going on around her, it felt like time was slowed down. She felt distant from everything for a moment, and she felt like she was on autopilot. She shook herself out of it and cursed her work attitude for getting in the way of a simple decision. While she felt bad that she couldn't pick more, she walked up to a Fennekin and smiled sweetly. "Hey, do you want to come with me?"

The Fox Pokemon chirped a little before jumping into Maria's arms and snuggling up into her chest. She felt incredibly warm and it felt nice to snuggle her. She smelled like freshly cleaned laundry and she chuckled that she might have been in a pile of clean laundry before she was taken to the lobby. She then made a little sentence that sounded more like a noise to anybody else. "I choose you. I'll name you Fenneko."

She looked around at the many Pokemon and realized that Professor Sycamore likely was just picking a bunch of kids who had wished to go on an adventure, or had done an accomplishment in recent history. She then realized that it was likely that Sycamore just found a list of kids around the same age and invited most of them. She sighed, thinking she wasn't all that specially handpicked after all and she sat down on a bench with her new partner.

Her Skiddo popped out of her PokeBall and sniffed at Fenneko, who sniffed back. They made a joyous noise together, as if they were pleased to meet the other. The Skiddo, nicknamed Arupain, hopped on the bench and laid down, allowing Fenneko and Maria to cuddle up to Arupain's leafy mane and waiting for everyone to pick their Pokemon.

Last edited:
Charles looked around the room, curious as to which Pokemon to choose to start his adventure with. Eventually, his eyes settled on a solosis, sitting in the corner of the room by itself. Feeling upset for the cell Pokemon, Charles bent down by it.

“Do you want to come with me, little guy?” Asked Charles, to which the Solosis made a little sound, akin to a joyful gurgling.

“Excuse me, professor Sycamore. I’ll take the Solosis.”

Ethan saw all the Pokémon and looked around. “Where did these come from, and why is my room so big.” He looked down at a Scraggy and said”Where am I again.” He asked. The Scraggy then promptly head butted him causing the letter to fall on his face. “Oh, that’s right, silly me.” He got up and patted the Scraggy. “Can I have this one please.” He asked.

Mae followed behind everyone else, taking in the sight of all the Pokémon in the lab. The one that caught her eye the most was the blue, frog-like one. If she remembered correctly, this one was called Froakie.

She slowly approached it, squatting down and smiling at the Pokémon. "Hey there. Up for adventuring with me?" The Froakie only stared at the girl for a few seconds, before leaping into her arms. She cooed at how cute it was.

"I think I'll name you Crest," Mae said, patting her new Pokémon on the head gently. It croaked, seemingly content. She decided to release her Swablu from her Pokéball so that the two could get acquainted. Cumulus immediately noticed the other Pokémon in her trainer's arms, approaching it curiously. She chirped cheerfully in greeting. Crest let out a ribbit in response.

"Glad they seem to get along," Mae remarked.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Professor Sycamore saw everyone and said, “You may take any Pokémon you’d please. Just take some Poke Balls and then catch your Pokémon to claim it.” Professor Sycamore said. After he said that, Grace immediately grabbed her poke balls and pokedex and caught her Fletchling with it.

“If you are done with everything, you may leave! Have fun on your Pokémon journey!” Professor Sycamore said.

Grace just stayed near the exit just in case anyone still wanted to talk to her.

Jace smiled as he reached and grabbed one of the white and red balls. He looked back towards the small Pokémon. “Before I catch you I should probably name you..” Jace scratched his chin for a second, “How about, Lore?” The Ralts smiled, and cheered, liking his new name. “Ok Lore, I hope you’re ready. Because our journey starts now!” Jace tapped the pink fin on Lore’s head, and had finally done it. He had caught his first Pokémon. He thanked the professor and started to leave, before remembering one tiny detail; he knew nothing about the Kalos region. He stopped for a minute scanning his brain for an answer before looking up to see one of the trainers from earlier by the exit. He headed over to ask her a few questions, but one very important one.
“Um hey, Grace was it? Do you know where the first gym is?”

Last edited:
Mae turned back, hearing the professor's words and nodding. She swiftly took her Pokédex and a Pokéball to officially catch her Froakie. She lightly set Crest back on the ground, flashing him a small smile, which he returned. "You're officially part of my team now!" The brunette tapped the Pokéball against its head, and in a flash it was inside. The ball shook a few times before stopping. Mae had caught herself a new partner. She leaned down to pick up the Pokéball, attaching it around her waist next to the other one gleefully.

Cumulus had perched on top of Mae's head, resting comfortably there in her hair. The Swablu chirped quietly, sounding like it was singing a small tune to itself.

Maria saw that everyone was getting settled and, after Professor Sycamore's words, she grabbed a PokeBall for Fenneko and a PokeDex, which she set in her pocket. She absorbed her Fennekin into the PokeBall and got on her Skiddo. She heard someone ask a question of where the first gym was. She decided to say this loud enough so everyone can at least follow her, but it was mainly directed at her Skiddo.

"Skiddo. To Santalune City!"

It was then that she waved to the rest of the group and ran towards Route 4.

Last edited:
Jace heard the female trainer tell her Pokémon which city, obviously loud enough for everyone to hear, where the first gym was. Jace smiled, waved, and walked out of the building ready to begin his journey, but there was still the problem of which way Santalune City was. He looked up ahead to see the girl walking with her Skiddo to what looked like Route 4. Jace picked up the past a little, to where he was lagging behind her just a bit. He knew he was coming off a bit creepy, but still, it was better than getting lost.

Maria, who was on her Skiddo, looked back to see who had followed her and she got Jace to follow her. Bingo! What a passive aggressive way to make friends. At least she got a someone out of all that. She patted her Skiddo to instruct her to stop and she waved for Jace to catch up to her.

"Hey. I recall your name is Jace? I saw you got a Ralts. I don't like being in large crowds, so my method in getting a quick, friendly acquaintance worked. Wanna ride on Arupain?"

She hopped off of her Skiddo and patted her Skiddo's back. Arupain looked back at Jace and made a cute sound that sounded a little like "hi". Maria herself was smiling ear to ear, completely okay with walking the rest of the way while she saved her new friend the footwork of walking all the way to Santalune City.

Last edited:
“U-uh, sure! Thanks, and yeah, I agree. I’ve never really been a fan of large crowds either.” Jace slowly got onto the goat, still a bit timid. He grabbed the ball Lore was inside of, and let him out, quickly holding him. He turned towards Maria, “Yep, I got myself a Ralts. Did you get yourself the Fennekin you wanted?”