• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Rather Not Normal Kalos Journey (Discussion)

How should battles be fought in this roleplay?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The traditional way

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The scale of the routes are generally longer in the anime than they show in the games. Route 1 in Kanto took Ash's father 3 days to traverse, and Ash was able to travel through in less than 2 days and got to Viridian City in a rush.

If you really rush it, you can get through some routes in less than a day or two. If you want to take your time, it takes several days.

Here's my second character application (Might as well ;))

Name: Vincent (Vince) Green

Personality: This grumpy old man has a snappy and sarcastic demeanor, but once you get to know him, he's a pretty down to earth guy. However, once he gets started on a rant, it'll take him some time to cool down. Surprising for an older fellow, Vince is quite active and enjoys friendly battles with passerby trainers headed to Santalune City.

Background: Vince grew up in Santalune City where he trained and worked as a gym referee for most of his youth. Based in his home city, Vince refereed thousands upon thousands of gym battles at the Santalune Gym. Upon getting married, Vince quit his referee job and settled down with his family. In those years, Vince had a son and a daughter three years after. Eventually, his two children both got families of their own, moving to Hoenn and Johto respectively. This and the untimely death of Vince’s wife left him unable to support himself, so he found a nice job as a gardener and moved out of the city.

Appearance: As much as he hates to admit it, Vince is on the heavy side and has a bit of a gut growing. Vince has a small gray beard and thin white hair, with dark eyes. He usually wears his gardening outfit, consisting of a dull yellow apron with thick gloves and baggy pants. He always keeps a pair of eyeglasses in his pocket in case he can't see something clearly

Pokemon:
Corphish- Vince's partner Pokemon that has stuck with him for several decades. Corphish helps Vince trim the bottom parts of bushes where the other Pokemon cannot reach. Having been around for so long, Corphish is showing signs of evolution.

Scyther

Lampent

Cacturne

Note: Everyone feel free to use this character in the RP and change up his team and whatnot (provided this is accepted); I just thought it would be good to have a character profile for Vince, seeing as he might be a recurring character.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Here's my second character application (Might as well ;))

Name: Vincent (Vince) Green

Personality: This grumpy old man has a snappy and sarcastic demeanor, but once you get to know him, he's a pretty down to earth guy. However, once he gets started on a rant, it'll take him some time to cool down. Surprising for an older fellow, Vince is quite active and enjoys friendly battles with passerby trainers headed to Santalune City.

Background: Vince grew up in Santalune City where he trained and worked as a gym referee for most of his youth. Based in his home city, Vince refereed thousands upon thousands of gym battles at the Santalune Gym. Upon getting married, Vince quit his referee job and settled down with his family. In those years, Vince had a son and a daughter three years after. Eventually, his two children both got families of their own, moving to Hoenn and Johto respectively. This and the untimely death of Vince’s wife left him unable to support himself, so he found a nice job as a gardener and moved out of the city.

Appearance: As much as he hates to admit it, Vince is on the heavy side and has a bit of a gut growing. Vince has a small gray beard and thin white hair, with dark eyes. He usually wears his gardening outfit, consisting of a dull yellow apron with thick gloves and baggy pants. He always keeps a pair of eyeglasses in his pocket in case he can't see something clearly

Pokemon:
Corphish- Vince's partner Pokemon that has stuck with him for several decades. Corphish helps Vince trim the bottom parts of bushes where the other Pokemon cannot reach. Having been around for so long, Corphish is showing signs of evolution.

Scyther

Lampent

Cacturne

Note: Everyone feel free to use this character in the RP and change up his team and whatnot (provided this is accepted); I just thought it would be good to have a character profile for Vince, seeing as he might be a recurring character.

Accepted (didn’t think I actually needed to say that, however).

Just wondering about the journey but what happens after Santalune city? Will the char's go back up to lumiose or walk toward a dead end?

The characters will go to the next gym, and then the following one, then the next place where the following gym battle is supposed to happen but the actual plot happens.

So that's basically going back to Lumiose, since the only way to Cyllage City is through Lumiose. XD there is always time skipping.

On that note, now Olas is ahead one day while everybody else is on day one.

I'll have my character go on ahead on her Skiddo to get some rest at Santalune City. She's not keen on staying there for the night and she's more wanting to train up a little. People are nice to be around, but she wants some time to herself.

I think everybody's in a good position to time skip to day 2 (unless anybody wants to do things in during the night, in which case please say so).
I'm planning for my character to fight Viola first thing day 3, preferably around the same time the main group arrives. Day 2 I'll dedicate to some Team Flare shenanigans or just RP as Vince.

Edit: Oops I'm dumb. Forgot about the post right above lol. We can time skip after Medic's character gets some training in.

1. The group continued heading towards Santalune and was challenged by and old gardener named Vince.
  2. Then, my character, a Team Flare member who was on heavy drug influence, took the challenge himself and tried to nuke the old man's Corphish with overheat turn 1.
  3. When this led to inevitable defeat, my character released the Magmortar that lost the fight, calling it useless.
  4. Most of the group got pretty upset with him (rip noggin)
  5. Vince decided to go with group and finds out Magmortar was in a luxury ball
  6. One of the protagonists, (I think Delzen's character) took the Magmortar with them.
  7. Some people broke off with the main group
  8. My character returned to Flare HQ and was re-hypnotized by a fat science guy named Xerosic, who instructed him to go fight Santalune Gym
  9. Also he got a Hydreigon because haha pseudo legendary go brrrr
  10. Not really plot related, but I realized my character is basically a Walmart version of Bucky Barnes and now I'm salty
  11. *Insert heavy rain*
  12. If I remember correctly, somebody caught a turtle? (Not sure if it was Squirtle, Chewtle etc.)
  13. Most of the protagonists got in some training

Since ya'll are waiting on me, go ahead. Just say my character said goodbye and ran off on her Skiddo towards Santalune for some much needed training. Well, she won't be in Santalune, she'll be in Route 22 east of Santalune City.

And lots of it. I wont be on as much due to Father's Day being a thing. My character is going to be last when fighting Viola anyway, so might as well make her absence long. XD

Name: Izara Conoleru
Age (11-13): 12
Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: Izara is surprisingly oblivious to her surroundings. She wouldn’t notice even huge things, but she still keeps focused in battles. It’s a lucky trait she has.
Physical Appearance: She has fairly tanned skin, stands at 4’8 and has average weight for her age. She also has a pair of crimson contacts. Her dusty brown hair is tied into two long ponytails that stretch to her waist.
Clothing: Izara has decent taste in clothing. She has a white polo shirt with a grey blouse over it, plus a skirt with slightly darker colouring. Her knee high white socks are a neat contrast to her black shoes, as well as a small, grey gem lined bag for her Pokeballs to go in.
Crush (if any, you may change later): N/A
Starter: Mincinno
Other:

(Yes, this is the third time I've done a story on this topic.)

Plot:
You begin your journey in Kalos, and after grabbing your Pokemon and necessary equipment, you begin your journey. You, however, are completely unaware of what evil has been lurking around. Team Flare has evil plans that could lead to the end of Kalos... and maybe the entirety of the world.

(The actual plot will occur before about the 4th gym.)

1. Please follow the Global Rules and PRP rules of Pokecharms.
2. The following are not allowed:
  • Mega Evolutions
  • Legendaries
  • Z-Moves
  • Gigantamax/Dynamax
3. The following are allowed:
  • Shinies
  • Fakemon
4. Romance is allowed. Let's not go too far, however.
5. All generations of Pokemon are allowed.
6. You starter must be at its baby/first stage. (Ex. Eevee, Squirtle, Fennekin, Chikorita, etc.) If your starter doesn't evolve, it is allowed as well (Ex. Miltank, Lapras, Tauros, etc.).
7. All gym battles are to be summarized in one post.
8. Put "hello." in "Other" to prove that you have read the rules. If you don't put the keyword, you will not be permitted to join the RP.

You must fill this out before you RP.
Name:
Age (11-13):
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:
Crush (if any, you may change later):
Starter:
Other:

Name: Grace Stevens
Age (11-13): 12
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Grace tends to not have a permanent personality. She can be rather shy some moments and then immediately start talking. She can also be sad, then mad, then happy, at pretty much any single time.
Physical Appearance: Grace stands at 5'6, and has a slim build. She has blue eyes and long brown hair reaching to her back.
Clothing: Grace wears a teal blue skater dress and wears light blue tennis shoes. She wears a small bright blue bow on her hair.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None atm
Starter: Fletchling
Other: hello.

hi!!!!! um if its alright,,, ive read all the rules and id like to possibly participate??? heres my character form:
Name: Annalise
Age (11-13): 13
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: She's pretty shy and doesn't normally like striking up conversations, but she's pretty sweet after you get to talk to her for a little bit.
Physical Appearance: Anna is pretty slim, but pretty short (5'1). Her hair is long, dark brown, and most of the time, put into a high ponytail.
Clothing: She wears a pastel blue overall dress, with a white dress shirt. She also wore black knee socks with some high-top sneakers.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None yet!!
Starter: Fennekin (Her name is Soleil!!)
Other: hi ^-^

Okay, I wished I wasnt lying when I said I had more time, but I just didn't and couldn't. :/ Sometime soon, I may put up a post, but it is very likely that I'll have to go on another RP hiatus for awhile.

I'll make a post here pretty soon. Finally have time to make a post. ^^''' But I think it's safe to assume if people are active, it's going to take awhile. Many people are going through work or finals at the moment. My post is going to be fairly big to catch up and I'll even have the gym battle be before anybody else.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Ive finished finals and the only thing holding me back from posting is not wanting to post too many times in a row. I'm really enjoying this RP and would like to see it continue but I can understand if everyone else doesn't want to.

Before I forget.....I think that to make a more cohesive story, we should have frequent interactions between characters to develop personalities and better drive the plot. Out of all the RPs I have done in the past, the most fun and engaging ones have been where there’s been multiple conflicts between characters, heroes and villains alike. On the flip side, RPs where everybody just sort of does their own thing usually fizzle out rather quickly. Just a random thought I had :)

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Hmmmm. What if some of the trainers ran into each other at The Pokemon centre or something and then some team flare showed up. Then after defeating them the trainers could follow team flare back to the headquarters. Just a possibility.

Team Flare is too early in my opinion. When the majority of people start having three or more Pokemon on their team and we all get to Cyllage City, maybe. We don't need Team Flare to have some character drama

I was only doing my own thing because nobody has really posted much and I thought a large post can get me through to being interactible again.

Because I have life shenanigans and I need to move (again) very soon and I have to plan, my time will be taken up on trying to plan ahead for the move and I just don't have time on Pokecharms anymore. Sadly, I'll have to drop this, even though I thoroughly enjoyed the short time I had RPing this thread.

Sorry I haven’t been active much, and to make it even worse I’m going to have to say that I’ll be taking a break. While visiting my family something pretty bad happened and I have to help out. I won’t be able to post for a while. Really sorry but right now I don’t have a choice.