• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Rather Not Normal Kalos Journey (Discussion)

How should battles be fought in this roleplay?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The traditional way

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know you said that the main Team Flare plot will come in near gym 4, but here's sort of a Team Flare side-character because villains are fun to RP as. (If you prefer not to bring in Team Flare at the moment, then I can always make a normal character)

Name: Mark Cavill, however he is now assigned the codename "MAS" for "Modified Assault Soldier"

Backstory: Born into a world of crime, Mark's parents were both respected commanders of the criminal organization Team Flare. Being of this organization, he grew up with Team Flare culture as the center of his world. Like most of the other unskilled low-level grunts, Mark was extremely flamboyant and quite a big showman, always making sure his looks were on-point. However, what set Mark apart from the others was his unfittingly compassionate heart. Despite their flashy nature, Team Flare grunts were trained specifically in being merciless crooks and they were expected to show as little weakness as possible, even if that meant causing harm to their own Pokemon. However, as mentioned earlier, Mark was different. Ever since he was little, to the distress of the Flare admins, Mark always had a soft heart and would always put the safety of his Pokemon as his top priority, often jeopardizing practice missions due to this.

This of course, worried Mark's parents, Rachel and Thomas Cavill, as they knew that if things didn't change, Mark would see very little success in the field. Unknowing to Mark, his parents consulted one of Team Flare's top researchers, Xerosic, for help. Frankly, the scientist couldn't care less about Mark's future, but was intrigued nonetheless by the prospect of having a live human to experiment on. As such, Xerosic agreed to work on a solution. After 7 months of intensive laboratory work, that solution was created. Xerosic had taken DNA samples from his Ursarang, which was known to be one of the most ruthless creatures in Team Flare's possession, and isolated an array of genes which magnified the Pokemon's killer instinct (Sorry, I don't know how this science stuff works). With this array, Xerosic developed an injection which inserted a small amount of the genes into a person; just enough to keep a human sane.

(1 day before present day) On his 16th birthday, Rachel and Thomas brought Mark up to Xerosic's lab, where the scientist called upon his signature Malamar to partially erase Mark's memory (To Mark's parents' surprise). The only thing his memory kept intact was his loyalty to Team Flare. Everything else was locked away deep inside his mind. Following this procedure, Xerosic gave Mark the injection and left him to rest. The next day (present day), Mark would promptly be sent on a solo mission with a single goal in mind: Battle as many trainers as possible. It was imperative to test the serum’s results against live opponents and there would be a perfect group of young trainers Mark’s (now dubbed “MAS”) age arriving the following day...

Appearance: Short brown hair with slight touches of red (Mark previously had the traditional Team Flare hair dye), hazy and unfocused eyes (after effects of the serum). Unlike Mark's standard red and white grunt outfit, the MAS attire consists of simple black pants and a black jacket with a faint Team Flare logo on the back. MAS is equipped with a collection of smoke grenades as well as a small earpiece to communicate with operators back at one of the Flare bases.

Personality: Highly unstable. If everything goes accordingly, MAS will likely be a cold-blooded monster. However, it's possible that past memories and traits may re-surface as the memories were not fully erased by Malamar's hypnosis.

Pokemon: (All of which are in luxury balls except Hydreigon)
Crobat
Frosmoth
Magmortar
Lucario
Roserade
Hydreigon (assigned by Team Flare)

(Starter Pokemon was Magby)

Crush: None.....yet ;)

Other: Hello! This is my first time on Pokecharms and I'm still learning the ropes, so please do let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Stay safe everybody!

Ok can I make a Fakemon(it says I can in the rules) basically, it will be the first Pokémon Ethan Catches, it is the Bug, then Bug/Dragon Pokemon. I’ll make the name if you say it’s ok

You need more than names and types. You need to go a little in-depth on any new Ability or new moves they may learn (as stated by the rules) so you don't pull any janky bs. XD I highly doubt that you'll make them stronger than Megas or Legendaries. XD but you might need to get into more detail, like what it looks like, how it evolves, what the names are, the ability and moves they'll learn and a basic understanding of the stats it has.

You don't have to add it here, but add it in a conversation with the OP of the thread.

I know you said that the main Team Flare plot will come in near gym 4, but here's sort of a Team Flare side-character because villains are fun to RP as. (If you prefer not to bring in Team Flare at the moment, then I can always make a normal character)

Name: Mark Cavill, however he is now assigned the codename "MAS" for "Modified Assault Soldier"

Backstory: Born into a world of crime, Mark's parents were both respected commanders of the criminal organization Team Flare. Being of this organization, he grew up with Team Flare culture as the center of his world. Like most of the other unskilled low-level grunts, Mark was extremely flamboyant and quite a big showman, always making sure his looks were on-point. However, what set Mark apart from the others was his unfittingly compassionate heart. Despite their flashy nature, Team Flare grunts were trained specifically in being merciless crooks and they were expected to show as little weakness as possible, even if that meant causing harm to their own Pokemon. However, as mentioned earlier, Mark was different. Ever since he was little, to the distress of the Flare admins, Mark always had a soft heart and would always put the safety of his Pokemon as his top priority, often jeopardizing practice missions due to this.

This of course, worried Mark's parents, Rachel and Thomas Cavill, as they knew that if things didn't change, Mark would see very little success in the field. Unknowing to Mark, his parents consulted one of Team Flare's top researchers, Xerosic, for help. Frankly, the scientist couldn't care less about Mark's future, but was intrigued nonetheless by the prospect of having a live human to experiment on. As such, Xerosic agreed to work on a solution. After 7 months of intensive laboratory work, that solution was created. Xerosic had taken DNA samples from his Ursarang, which was known to be one of the most ruthless creatures in Team Flare's possession, and isolated an array of genes which magnified the Pokemon's killer instinct (Sorry, I don't know how this science stuff works). With this array, Xerosic developed an injection which inserted a small amount of the genes into a person; just enough to keep a human sane.

(1 day before present day) On his 16th birthday, Rachel and Thomas brought Mark up to Xerosic's lab, where the scientist called upon his signature Malamar to partially erase Mark's memory (To Mark's parents' surprise). The only thing his memory kept intact was his loyalty to Team Flare. Everything else was locked away deep inside his mind. Following this procedure, Xerosic gave Mark the injection and left him to rest. The next day (present day), Mark would promptly be sent on a solo mission with a single goal in mind: Battle as many trainers as possible. It was imperative to test the serum’s results against live opponents and there would be a perfect group of young trainers Mark’s (now dubbed “MAS”) age arriving the following day...

Appearance: Short brown hair with slight touches of red (Mark previously had the traditional Team Flare hair dye), hazy and unfocused eyes (after effects of the serum). Unlike Mark's standard red and white grunt outfit, the MAS attire consists of simple black pants and a black jacket with a faint Team Flare logo on the back. MAS is equipped with a collection of smoke grenades as well as a small earpiece to communicate with operators back at one of the Flare bases.

Personality: Highly unstable. If everything goes accordingly, MAS will likely be a cold-blooded monster. However, it's possible that past memories and traits may re-surface as the memories were not fully erased by Malamar's hypnosis.

Crobat
Frosmoth
Magmortar
Lucario
Roserade

Other: Hello! This is my first time on Pokecharms and I'm still learning the ropes, so please do let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Stay safe everybody!

I really like the character idea, as it is really interesting (I'm not the one who accepts though, gotta wait for that approval).

From my knowledge on how genes work, a simple injection won't change a person's genetic makeup without causing them to be mildly sick and just end up not working. You have to take a human's cell, swap out the genetic material of the subject for the genetic material of the DNA you are adding, and then inject it back. Because it is using the same cell's boundaries as the rest of the cells in the body, their body won't attack it. The cell (assuming it's still alive at this point) will then multiply. Depending on which one you have taken, blood cells within the bone marrow multiply like mad. Taking cells from the bone marrow gets you stem cells, which are cells who haven't been turned into any cell for any specific function just yet. Taking that cell and swapping out the genetic material and putting it back in will allow the body to use it and multiply, but it won't take over the other genetic material.

To modify the existing DNA to get the results you want, an agent with the modified genetic material can be uploaded within the cell as well as the new genetic material (yes this is an actual thing). Once it is put back in the bone marrow, it will multiply like mad and the agent is also multiplied. Since now this agent is multiplying like mad, they exit the cell and start to take over other cells (like a virus) and change their genetic structure. Though, stabbing a thick needle into the deepest portion of your bone is painful af, soooooo let's not do that. XD

Here is another way to change a person's behavior without dealing with genetic material, as it is incredibly expensive and hard to do without having unexpected results (or none at all):

You can either go the drug route (which either doesn't last as long or as potent sometimes), or you can go the Hypnosis route. You have already explained this, but forcing a person to suppress their personality and to act a certain way and to stay like that will allow you to play this without any biological manipulation. Then we have another way, which is more work.

You reprogram their brain by taking drugs or going through a really complicated psychological therapy which causes them to think a certain way. Because the brain is powerful, the new pathways that have been created and rewritten will cause your brain (and the rest of your hormonal glands, which are a lot by the way) to excrete different combinations or withhold on a few hormones. Drugs do the same thing, but by actually controlling which glands excrete which hormone or not. The right combination will cause the same unstable, aggressive, lifeless behavior that your character goes through. It's also a lot harder to break through, but it can be done, especially if you have been psychologically changed. Drugs, in real life, can cause lots of psychological damage that people can't fix, but have to work around.

If I said anything that sounds confusing, please tell me. XD

Merciless Medic thank you for writing out this explanation; I really appreciate it! I think I'll make it so that he takes the drug on a regular basis (What do you think would be a reasonable interval?) and must return to HQ for counseling and hypnosis after every mission completion. I'll also make it so that he has to wear a thin but extremely durable shock ring on his right wrist. If MAS rebels and goes against orders, this shock ring is Team Flare's safety net to ensure that he won't go too far.

Hypnosis could be used to distort any positive memory. Of course, this can't completely wipe the old personality and memories; It just makes them harder to access.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
This looked really interesting, I'd like to join.

Name: Nicia
Sexuality: Asexual
Personality: Nicia is friendly and always has a smile on her face. She is caring and sweet but once its time to battle she is fierce.
Physical Appearance: Nicia is average looking with long brown hair with blue eyes and fair skin.
Clothing: Nicia doesn't really care about her appearance and just throws on the first t-shirt and skirt she finds.
Crush: None
Starter: Vulpix (Shiny)
Other: Hello
Other Pokémon:
Venonat
Lanturn
Metang

Accepted.

Ok can I make a Fakemon(it says I can in the rules) basically, it will be the first Pokémon Ethan Catches, it is the Bug, then Bug/Dragon Pokemon. I’ll make the name if you say it’s ok

Like Merciless Medic said, please go in-depth about your Fakemon, please.

Crobat
Frosmoth
Magmortar
Lucario
Roserade

Sounds interesting. I’ll accept you, except I recommend Merciless Medic’s recommendation of the drugs. The actual plot may not happen for a while, however. You still may appear from time to time before everyone arrives in Couramine City where the actual plot occurs.

Ok here is the Fakemon

Stage 1-Gilipin-Bug-Evolves at 10-Ability-Shed Skin.
Stage 2-Grinilip-Bug-Evolves at 30-Shed Skin
Stage-3-Drafly-Bug/Dragon-(I made this ability purely for this) Compound Wings(At half health, Speed is doubled)

Gilipin-Description-A green sleek body with a yellow horn. Has a gray underbelly.
Grinilip-Description-A green body with purple see through wings with a green tail. Has sharp claws on arms and legs.
Drafly-Description-Long green Limbs And a long green tail with a Stinger on the end with fly wings.

MovePool-Level 1-Tackle. Level 5-Bug Bite. Level 10-Wing Attack. Level 13-Dig. Level 15-Rock Tomb. Level 25-Recover. Level 30-Dragon Pulse. Level 30-Bug Buzz. Level 35-Fell Stinger. Level 40-Outrage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, the drugs thing works a lot better and less of a hassle on the money the crime syndicate has. Depending on how potent you want the drug to be, a strong dose will last awhile but will have more side effects and may cause general discomfort. If it's a low to medium potency, it won't hurt your character, and the effects of the drugs will last relatively longer, as well as the Hypnosis, since your character can take a pill bottle with him and start administering his own drug. Plus, in the long term, the intended effect will be stronger because his body will get used to it and will start to change to get to it's new "normal". But he may also start having a dependency on the drugs.

Regardless of the potency, the more he takes, the more he'll have to take with more potency because his body will start to build up a resistance.

No matter which way you do it, your character will be subjected to being a good guy and the drugs, while hard to fight at first, may be cast aside or fought against and our characters will have the potential to help your character or get your character into drug counseling to fight the condition. Assuming they see your character take the drugs and they know what they do to him. XD

Ok here is the Fakemon

Stage-3-Drafly-Bug/Dragon-(I made this ability purely for this) Compound Wings(At half health, Speed is doubled)

Gilipin-Description-A green sleek body with a yellow horn. Has a gray underbelly.
Grinilip-Description-A green body with purple see through wings with a green tail. Has sharp claws on arms and legs.
Drafly-Description-Long green Limbs And a long green tail with a Stinger on the end with fly wings.

MovePool-Level 1-Tackle. Level 5-Bug Bite. Level 10-Wing Attack. Level 13-Dig. Level 15-Rock Tomb. Level 25-Recover. Level 30-Dragon Pulse. Level 30-Bug Buzz. Level 35-Fell Stinger. Level 40-Outrage.

There we go. XD thank you

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Ok here is the Fakemon

Yep, that is good enough.

If anyone has any questions about my character's interaction of seeing a Houndour on Route 4, let me explain. XD I am going by what my character knows as far as book knowledge. The books at her father's library are outdated when it comes to the Pokemon who reside in certain areas. This is going to be a constant thing because it's been a few years since the actual plot of XY. Pokemon from other regions likely have bled into other routes. This will cause massive confusion for her and it's going to be a running gag. The more Pokemon she sees that arent "supposed" to be there, the more it will grate on her sanity (because she thinks travel guides and books about Pokemon are telling the truth and don't realize they're outdated). If any character tries to tell her that her books she has read are outdated, she will wholeheartedly deny them. XD

I am planning on having her find a Pokemon in another area, probably Glittering Cave, that doesn't belong there in her eyes and she's going to go batsh!t XD

I would like to have my character battle with the old man as sort of an informal introduction to the others if that's ok with everybody. I think an NPC battle would be a good initial display of post-drug Mark.

Name: Gregg Roland
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Gregg is mostly seen as a sassy and rude individual, never afraid to speak his mind even if what he says is potentially insulting. That said, he is no stranger to kindness to some people--mainly--his Pokemon and is known to be rather violent when angry. He has a strong sense of will/stubbornness when it comes to dealing with bad guys, proclaiming himself as a "Bully for bullies." This stubbornness also causes him to constantly see defeat as humiliation rather than a lesson. He one day dreams of becoming a Dark Type Gym Leader.
Physical Appearance: Gregg stands at 5'0" with fair skin and a slim body build, his eye color is dark Blue while his hair is a wine Red color and is long and messy, reaching down slightly past his chin.
Clothing: He wears a White tank top underneath a Black sleeveless ankle long coat with a thick White fur mane, Black pants, Brown shoes and Black wristbands.
Crush: None (Yet)
Starter: Litten
Final Team: Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, Krookodile, Pangoro, Gothitelle, Sableye
Other: Hello, may I ask where everyone is within the RP

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
I'd like to create a fakémon for my character and anyone else who wants to use,

First Stage - Cubzii - Water, Fairy - Ability Sap Sipper

Second Stage - Croarzii - Water, Fairy - Ability Sap Sipper

Evolve through water stone

Descriptions -

Cubzii appears to be a small teddy bear of around the size of Pikachu. Its actual appearance is unknown but for some reason this line decides to hide in teddy bears than outside in the real world. It has blue features save for brown eyes and white mouth and the inside of its ears. Its hands and feet are also white. It somewhat resembles a puppy but mostly it is a teddy bear.

Craorzii is the same as Cubzii but bigger and with scruffier fur. It is almost blind as its fur blocks its eyes. It also has a longer tail than its pre-evolution which is also white. It is also said that upon evolution it gained the ability to jump and run very fast.

This line is extremely loyal and caring to all. They are known to make good companions.

Moveset -

Lv 1 Growl, Lv 3 Tackle, Lv 5 Water Gun, Lv 7 Charm, Lv 12 Bubble Beam, Lv 16 Draining Kiss, Lv 22 Heal Pulse, Lv 27 Play Rough, Lv 30 Dazzling Gleam, Lv 35 Liquidation, Lv 40 Misty Terrain, Lv 45 Misty Explosion, Lv 50 Hydro Pump

Last edited:
I'd like to create a fakémon for my character and anyone else who wants to use,

First Stage - Cubzii - Water, Fairy - Ability Sap Sipper

Second Stage - Croarzii - Water, Fairy - Ability Sap Sipper

Descriptions -

Cubzii appears to be a small teddy bear of around the size of Pikachu. Its actual appearance is unknown but for some reason this line decides to hide in teddy bears than outside in the real world. It has blue features save for brown eyes and white mouth and the inside of its ears. Its hands and feet are also white. It somewhat resembles a puppy but mostly it is a teddy bear.

Craorzii is the same as Cubzii but bigger and with scruffier fur. It is almost blind as its fur blocks its eyes. It also has a longer tail than its pre-evolution which is also white. It is also said that upon evolution it gained the ability to jump and run very fast.

This line is extremely loyal and caring to all. They are known to make good companions.

Good, but all that's missing are how to evolve it and their movelist.

@Delzen

By the way, you made the PokeBall hit the kid in the head. You just autoed. Letting you know that it's not really okay to do that. XD I was going to have Maria pick it up and give it to the Magmortar, but that works too. XD

Also, if anyone is wondering, the kid's behavior was obvious because of the Magmortar's reaction to his trainer. Maria has seen the behavior before in her Skiddo or Gogoat whenever there happened to be a betrayal occurring between the more male members.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name: Gregg Roland
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Gregg is mostly seen as a sassy and rude individual, never afraid to speak his mind even if what he says is potentially insulting. That said, he is no stranger to kindness to some people--mainly--his Pokemon and is known to be rather violent when angry. He has a strong sense of will/stubbornness when it comes to dealing with bad guys, proclaiming himself as a "Bully for bullies." This stubbornness also causes him to constantly see defeat as humiliation rather than a lesson. He one day dreams of becoming a Dark Type Gym Leader.
Physical Appearance: Gregg stands at 5'0" with fair skin and a slim body build, his eye color is dark Blue while his hair is a wine Red color and is long and messy, reaching down slightly past his chin.
Clothing: He wears a White tank top underneath a Black sleeveless ankle long coat with a thick White fur mane, Black pants, Brown shoes and Black wristbands.
Crush: None (Yet)
Starter: Litten
Final Team: Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, Krookodile, Pangoro, Gothitelle, Sableye
Other: Hello, may I ask where everyone is within the RP

Accepted

Misty Explosion is a move that was introduced in the Isle of Armor expansion pass. The move is a special fairy type move, that has a base power of 100, but is increased by 20% on misty terrain.

Ohhhhh I didn't know that was an Isle of Armor move. XD wait... it's not out yet... can we even use it? Pokemon from the expansions pass can't be used, obviously, but new moves? I'll ask Stellar. XD