• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Rather Not Normal Kalos Journey (Discussion)

How should battles be fought in this roleplay?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The traditional way

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
(Yes, this is the third time I've done a story on this topic.)

Plot:
You begin your journey in Kalos, and after grabbing your Pokemon and necessary equipment, you begin your journey. You, however, are completely unaware of what evil has been lurking around. Team Flare has evil plans that could lead to the end of Kalos... and maybe the entirety of the world.

(The actual plot will occur before about the 4th gym.)

1. Please follow the Global Rules and PRP rules of Pokecharms.
2. The following are not allowed:
  • Mega Evolutions
  • Legendaries
  • Z-Moves
  • Gigantamax/Dynamax
3. The following are allowed:
  • Shinies
  • Fakemon
4. Romance is allowed. Let's not go too far, however.
5. All generations of Pokemon are allowed.
6. You starter must be at its baby/first stage. (Ex. Eevee, Squirtle, Fennekin, Chikorita, etc.) If your starter doesn't evolve, it is allowed as well (Ex. Miltank, Lapras, Tauros, etc.).
7. All gym battles are to be summarized in one post.
8. Put "hello." in "Other" to prove that you have read the rules. If you don't put the keyword, you will not be permitted to join the RP.

You must fill this out before you RP.
Name:
Age (11-13):
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:
Crush (if any, you may change later):
Starter:
Other:

Name: Grace Stevens
Age (11-13): 12
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Grace tends to not have a permanent personality. She can be rather shy some moments and then immediately start talking. She can also be sad, then mad, then happy, at pretty much any single time.
Physical Appearance: Grace stands at 5'6, and has a slim build. She has blue eyes and long brown hair reaching to her back.
Clothing: Grace wears a teal blue skater dress and wears light blue tennis shoes. She wears a small bright blue bow on her hair.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None atm
Starter: Fletchling
Other: hello.

Last edited:
If it’s no problem, I’ll just write up a bio.

Name: Charles Furnite
Personality: Smart and stern, but on occasion breaks and acts out. Always takes battles seriously, as though it were the championships.
Physical Appearance: Average height for his age, with blonde hair and brown eyes. Straight faced a lot of the time.
Clothing: Smart and casual attire; jeans, shirt, jacket. A belt to store pokeballs, and a satchel for other items.
Crush: None
Starter: Solosis
Final Team: Reuniclus, Bisharp, Arcanine, Mismagius, Flygon, Barbaracle
Other: hello

Last edited:
This looks like fun, if you don’t mind I’d like to take part.

Name: Jace Stelphon
Personality: Jace is usually very quite, and doesn’t speak up, unless he considers himself, his partner Pokémon, or friends in trouble (not that he has any friends right now), during that period of time, he’ll completely flip. He’s usually very stubborn and always thinks he’s right. While he’s quiet he’s a bit overprotective of others.
Physical Appearance: Jace is 5,8 and hazel gray eyes. He has platinum blonde hair, and pale skin. His hair looks like what your average anime male hair look so like; sharp cuts with an ahoge on top.
Clothing: He wears a white shirt with a marking of the Kalos Championship, under a white coat. He wears tight black jeans, with a pair of white tennis shoes. He usually wears glasses, not that his eyesight isn’t incredibly back, but it helps him focus on the battle at hand.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None
Starter: Ralts
Other: Hello
Final Team: Gallade, Noivern, Blastoise, Bisharp, Pyroar, and Amphoros.

Last edited:

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
If it’s no problem, I’ll just write up a bio.

Name: Charles Furnite
Personality: Smart and stern, but on occasion breaks and acts out.
Physical Appearance: Average height for his age, with blonde hair and brown eyes. Straight faced a lot of the time.
Clothing: Smart and casual attire; jeans, shirt, jacket. A belt to store pokeballs, and a satchel for other items.
Starter: Solosis
Other: hello

This looks like fun, if you don’t mind I’d like to take part.

Name: Jace Stelphon
Personality: Jace is usually very quite, and doesn’t speak up, unless he considers himself, his partner Pokémon, or friends in trouble (not that he has any friends right now), during that period of time, he’ll completely flip. He’s usually very stubborn and always thinks he’s right. While he’s quiet he’s a bit overprotective of others.
Physical Appearance: Jace is 5,8 and hazel gray eyes. He has platinum blonde hair, and pale skin. His hair looks like what your average anime male hair look so like; sharp cuts with an ahoge on top.
Clothing: He wears a white shirt with a marking of the Kalos Championship, under a white coat. He wears tight black jeans, with a pair of white tennis shoes. He usually wears glasses, not that his eyesight isn’t incredibly back, but it helps him focus on the battle at hand.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None
Starter: Ralts

All accepted!

Thank you, I can’t wait to RP. I do have a quick question regrading character to character battles, more so how they’re going to be executed where it’s fair for both sides? If you don’t know I have an idea that might work out.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Thank you, I can’t wait to RP. I do have a quick question regrading character to character battles, more so how they’re going to be executed where it’s fair for both sides? If you don’t know I have an idea that might work out.

I haven’t actually come up with one as of now. Could I hear your idea?

Sure! The idea I came up with was using the website Pokémon showdown, I’m sure you’re familiar with it but if you’re not I can explain it. Basically it’s a website we’re people can create teams, and put them against other people. It’s mostly used for competitive players to test their teams, but I’m certain it would work for us. I think it’s a good idea because it actually uses skill, and the Pokémon’s strength, making it a real battle.

I'm interested in joining. I'll add my character soon.

Is the four-move rule applied or can our Pokemon learn more than 4 moves?

Also.... if we have more than 4 moves, then Pokemon Showdown won't be accurate. It also won't be accurate if you decide to make it an anime kind of battle where creativity of the moves is allowed. You can't dodge an attack with Quick Attack in Showdown and you can't use a Flamethrower to burn the ground to keep your opponent from moving anywhere. There is more creative freedom in RPing it out or just simply asking how this should go.

Now what I don't mind is if we have Zap Cannon be used as a coin toss, since its accuracy is 50%. Bet on if the Zap Cannon will hit or not and there we go.

Plus, since we aren't using stats (just as a base guideline in understanding how potentially strong they can get), then Pokemon Showdown won't be accurate either.

On Pokecharms, they encourage everyone to play RPs with your Pokemon learning more than 4 moves and not utilizing stats or levels and be "anime" about it.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Sure! The idea I came up with was using the website Pokémon showdown, I’m sure you’re familiar with it but if you’re not I can explain it. Basically it’s a website we’re people can create teams, and put them against other people. It’s mostly used for competitive players to test their teams, but I’m certain it would work for us. I think it’s a good idea because it actually uses skill, and the Pokémon’s strength, making it a real battle.

I'm interested in joining. I'll add my character soon.

Is the four-move rule applied or can our Pokemon learn more than 4 moves?

Also.... if we have more than 4 moves, then Pokemon Showdown won't be accurate. It also won't be accurate if you decide to make it an anime kind of battle where creativity of the moves is allowed. You can't dodge an attack with Quick Attack in Showdown and you can't use a Flamethrower to burn the ground to keep your opponent from moving anywhere. There is more creative freedom in RPing it out or just simply asking how this should go.

Now what I don't mind is if we have Zap Cannon be used as a coin toss, since its accuracy is 50%. Bet on if the Zap Cannon will hit or not and there we go.

Plus, since we aren't using stats (just as a base guideline in understanding how potentially strong they can get), then Pokemon Showdown won't be accurate either.

Its encouraged to play RPs with your Pokemon learning more than 4 moves and not utilizing stats or levels.

I think Pokémon Showdown would work well, but Merciless Medic does put up a good point of what makes role plays rather more interesting in battle. I would say Pokémon Showdown would indeed be a good use for more tournament-based RP’s rather than journey RP’S.

But to make sure, I will set up a poll for this.

EDIT: Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but the four move rule will either apply or not apply depending on which option is chosen. (Pokemon Showdown for the rule being enforced, traditional role-play battling for the rule not being enforced)

Last edited:

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Not only 12 hours in and we have 6 votes for anime-style battling and 0 for Pokémon Showdown. I suppose we should just embrace anime-style battling for now.

I plan to also make the RP thread later in about a few or so hours. We will just start the first page off with just getting our starter Pokémon, and then move on to the gym battles and then the real plot.

Name: Misumi Tsurugi (Scythe)
Personality: Nice and soft person, Misumi is good to everyone and believes in others. But, he lacks confidence in his own abilities and strenght. In truth, he is a really talented as a trainer. His biggest fear is being alone or left by his friends.
Physical Appearance: Quite tall and slim for his age, Misumi has silver hair and golden eyes. He also has a beauty mark under his left eye.
Clothing: He usually wears either blue or black t-shirt and sometimes white jacket. He wears black trousers and white boots with red highlights He also have a silver necklace with triangle shaped insignia that he received from his grandfather.
Crush (if any, you may change later): Grace Stevens
Starter: Zorua (Zanga)
Other: Hello again! Mangoez!

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name: Misumi Tsurugi (Scythe)
Personality: Nice and soft person, Misumi is good to everyone and believes in others. But, he lacks confidence in his own abilities and strenght. In truth, he is a really talented as a trainer. His biggest fear is being alone or left by his friends.
Physical Appearance: Quite tall and slim for his age, Misumi has silver hair and golden eyes. He also has a beauty mark under his left eye.
Clothing: He usually wears either blue or black t-shirt and sometimes white jacket. He wears black trousers and white boots with red highlights He also have a silver necklace with triangle shaped insignia that he received from his grandfather.
Crush (if any, you may change later): Grace Stevens
Starter: Zorua (Zanga)
Other: Hello again! Mangoez!

Accepted.

Name: Maria Chevrolet (Chevrolet means goat farmer XD)
Personality: Maria is super sweet and likes to take care of things for others, making her very responsible and trustworthy. She doesn't shy away from self-sacrificing herself. Because of this, she's usually last on everything, as she makes sure other people benefit what she's up to before she gets to enjoy herself. She also is very loyal to her friends once she makes some, and she'll do anything for them, just as long as it's reasonable. Because of this, she drags herself down and stresses herself out. Which is why she loves battling. She'll battle to her heart's content, as it makes her feel better, even if she ends up losing.
Physical Appearance: She is 4'07" and weighs 100 lbs. She is has white skin, green eyes, and brown hair that is braided into one strand.
Clothing: Maria has on a white shirt with blue jeans, a black jacket she is never seen without, blue and white sneakers, a green Skiddo motif backpack, and she has on a Holo Caster on her wrist, a wristwatch on her other wrist, and a blue choker with a white gem embedded within.
Crush: None at the moment, but she's open to relationships.
Starter: Skiddo
Final Team: Gogoat, Delphox, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk.
Other: hello :3

Pokemon:
Skiddo -> Gogoat
Arupain
Female
Grass Pelt

Fennekin -> Braixen -> Delphox
Fenneko
Female
Blaze

Skrelp -> Dragalge
Serendipity
Female
Poison Touch

Clauncher -> Clawitzer
Kanihei
Male
Mega Launcher

Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
Tsubone
Female
Strong Jaw

Helioptile -> Heliolisk
Komiya
Male
Sand Veil

She's a daughter to an actual Skiddo farmer and she's visiting her father in Aquacorde Town when the RP starts.

Last edited:

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name: Maria Chevrolet (Chevrolet means goat farmer XD)
Personality: Maria is super sweet and likes to take care of things for others, making her very responsible and trustworthy. She doesn't shy away from self-sacrificing herself. Because of this, she's usually last on everything, as she makes sure other people benefit what she's up to before she gets to enjoy herself. She also is very loyal to her friends once she makes some, and she'll do anything for them, just as long as it's reasonable. Because of this, she drags herself down and stresses herself out. Which is why she loves battling. She'll battle to her heart's content, as it makes her feel better, even if she ends up losing.
Physical Appearance: She is 4'07" and weighs 100 lbs. She is has white skin, green eyes, and brown hair that is braided into one strand.
Clothing: Maria has on a white shirt with blue jeans, a black jacket she is never seen without, blue and white sneakers, a green Skiddo motif backpack, and she has on a Holo Caster on her wrist, a wristwatch on her other wrist, and a blue choker with a white gem embedded within.
Crush: None at the moment, but she's open to relationships.
Starter: Skiddo
Final Team: Gogoat, Delphox, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk.
Other: hello :3

She's a daughter to an actual Skiddo farmer and she's visiting her father in Aquacorde Town when the RP starts.

Accepted. Going to make the role play thread soon.

Name: Mae Winters
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Mae is a more calm, laid-back girl. She doesn't anger easily and can't seem to hold a grudge. She is quite humorous; if she's ever stressed or pressured she'll just crack jokes and laugh about it to cope. She is a bit awkward with socializing but isn't really introverted. Mae usually hangs around with her friend group instead of approaching new people, unless she absolutely has to.
Physical Appearance: Mae is an average height girl, standing at 5'2". She has a fair complexion and a slim build. she has medium-length, wavy chestnut-brown hair with darker tips. Her eyes are a pale blue.
Clothing: Her clothing usually consists of a white t-shirt with a peach colored jacket over it, as well as blue jeggings and white shoes. Mae carries around a white bookbag to hold all her items.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None for now
Starter: Swablu
Other: Hello ;0

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name: Mae Winters
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Mae is a more calm, laid-back girl. She doesn't anger easily and can't seem to hold a grudge. She is quite humorous; if she's ever stressed or pressured she'll just crack jokes and laugh about it to cope. She is a bit awkward with socializing but isn't really introverted. Mae usually hangs around with her friend group instead of approaching new people, unless she absolutely has to.
Physical Appearance: Mae is an average height girl, standing at 5'2". She has a fair complexion and a slim build. she has medium-length, wavy chestnut-brown hair with darker tips. Her eyes are a pale blue.
Clothing: Her clothing usually consists of a white t-shirt with a peach colored jacket over it, as well as blue jeggings and white shoes. Mae carries around a white bookbag to hold all her items.
Crush (if any, you may change later): None for now
Starter: Swablu
Other: Hello ;0

Accepted! I will post my next post soon. Just make a post going to the lab.

Name: Jack Mercedes
Age (11-13): 13
Personality: Jack is a trainer with a somewhat serious attitude, that might come off as him being rude or inconsiderate although he’s usually a considerate and polite person. He drops this when he’s with friends, and becomes a much more friendly and sociable person.
Physical Appearance: Jack is 5’9 and has Caucasian skin with short, messy brown hair and green eyes.
Clothing: Jack wears a plain white T-shirt under a black jacket with dark grey pants and black boots. He also has wears a black, red and white backpack for carrying his items and other things.
Crush:
Starter:
Croagunk
Other: helloooo

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name: Jack Mercedes
Personality: Jack is a trainer with a somewhat serious attitude, that might come off as him being rude or inconsiderate although he’s usually a considerate and polite person. He drops this when he’s with friends, and becomes a much more friendly and sociable person.
Physical Appearance: Jack is 5’9 and has Caucasian skin with short, messy brown hair and green eyes.
Clothing: Jack wears a plain white T-shirt under a black jacket with dark grey pants and black boots. He also has wears a black, red and white backpack for carrying his items and other things.
Crush:
Starter:
Croagunk
Other: helloooo

Accepted.

Name-Ethan Herino
Age-11
Gender-Male
Sexuality-Straight
Personality-Pretty much a complete airhead, forgetting what he said right after he said it.
Physical Appearance- Pale with dark blue eyes and cyan hair, with little floofs on his hair.
Clothing-Ethan normally just wears a T-Shirt with a pokeball on it and some black shorts along with sports shoes.
Crush-Hello, we just started, of course no one
Starter-Scraggy
Other-Look at Crush for the Word you want.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Name-Ethan Herino
Age-11
Gender-Male
Sexuality-Straight
Personality-Pretty much a complete airhead, forgetting what he said right after he said it.
Physical Appearance- Pale with dark blue eyes and cyan hair, with little floofs on his hair.
Clothing-Ethan normally just wears a T-Shirt with a pokeball on it and some black shorts along with sports shoes.
Crush-Hello, we just started, of course no one
Starter-Scraggy
Other-Look at Crush for the Word you want.

Accepted. Please go to the lab.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
I don’t mind stalling the roleplay for a little bit, but I’m not sure if it going to stay put like this. If you want, we can get someone to auto your character for just a bit.

No, I can make another post later tonight. I have my 8 month old baby who I take care of, so I wont be on all the time. Only online enough to make a really short post, like posts I have read, and make a response here if I need to. Usually though, I sometimes dont have the time to make a post and only enough time to read. Especially on DnD night XD

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
EEEP. I wanna get back into RPing again, so why not?

Name: Eve Maddox
Personality:
A moralistic and driven individual, Eve is a free spirit with a fire in her heart. She's passionate and a daredevil, always seeking out new adventures and challenges. Though she does have the rebel heart of a teenager and gets herself into trouble, she knows when something is truly wrong and rest assured that she will attempt to do something about it. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with genocidal terrorists, that's more than a bit dangerous. She's an outspoken teen and is never afraid to say what's on her mind, even if it's controversial.
Physical Appearance:
CR13384.png

Made in Gacha Life. Will add physical details later.
Clothing: See spoiler above.
Crush: none as of yet
Starter: Eevee not a partner eevee this time I promise (evolves into Glaceon)

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
EEEP. I wanna get back into RPing again, so why not?

Name: Eve Maddox
Personality:
A moralistic and driven individual, Eve is a free spirit with a fire in her heart. She's passionate and a daredevil, always seeking out new adventures and challenges. Though she does have the rebel heart of a teenager and gets herself into trouble, she knows when something is truly wrong and rest assured that she will attempt to do something about it. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with genocidal terrorists, that's more than a bit dangerous. She's an outspoken teen and is never afraid to say what's on her mind, even if it's controversial.
Physical Appearance:
View attachment 823415
Made in Gacha Life. Will add physical details later.
Clothing: See spoiler above.
Crush: none as of yet
Starter: Eevee not a partner eevee this time I promise (evolves into Glaceon)

Accepted.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Where's a good spot to insert my char? I noticed that most characters have already gotten their starters so it might be awkward to pretend she's been there the whole time.

What if she was there the whole time? Like, maybe she’s an orphan that the lab was caring for? And since all the new trainers are coming in she could be allowed to go with them? I don’t know I’m just spitballing here.

Or maybe she came in late. XD nothing wrong with a late arrival. I wouldn't be surprised if the professor made that an almost all day event. Or they are already on their adventure and meet the people leaving the lab as they were passing by, already with a Pokemon.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
This looked really interesting, I'd like to join.

Name: Nicia
Sexuality: Asexual
Personality: Nicia is friendly and always has a smile on her face. She is caring and sweet but once its time to battle she is fierce.
Physical Appearance: Nicia is average looking with long brown hair with blue eyes and fair skin.
Clothing: Nicia doesn't really care about her appearance and just throws on the first t-shirt and skirt she finds.
Starter: Vulpix (Shiny)
Other Pokémon:
Venonat
Lanturn
Metang