• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS A Question on EV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm mass-murdering Magikarp for Speed EV's. I've got a tally of 120 down, and, I saved, then chucked a Rare Candy at the thing just to see how much of a boost it would get in Speed.

It got +5. With all those EV's down, shouldn't it have gotten more? It was the first level up, (even Shaymin) or was it because it was a Rare Candy?

And if this isn't where this should be, sorry, couldn't think where else to ask this though.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Typically, the lower the level of the Pokemon receiving the EVs, the lower the initial stat boost will be. Base Stats and Nature would come into play somewhat here too, as well as the amount of EVs put onto the stat, in this case 120. 120 EVs translates into +30 on a stat at Lv.100, but the initial stat increase will become lower the lower your level is. Although it all adds up to the same in the end regardless, that may be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.