• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Prince's guide to Pokemon - RP

https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-princes-guide-to-pokemon-discussion.21421/

It was a bright and beautiful sunny day in Camphrier Town, the people went about their daily buisnesses, children laughed and played through the streets and Pokemon either helped out the people or minded their own businesses, it was definitely a peaceful sight to behold until the yearly Snorlax festival which was three months ago.

One of the most notable sights within Camphrier Town was the famous Shabbonneau Castle, home to the royal Shabbonneau family who have ruled the town for generations. Leonardo, a boy who dreamed of becoming a Pokemon trainer calmly walked down the path toward the town and away from the castle, behind him was a Litleo who seemed rather excited about the journey to come, Leonardo was also excited, but barely showed it. He was about to head into the town and was unsure of how people would react if they saw the prince within the streets, which was why he decided to wear some glasses and a cap... the latter was also useful due to the bright sunlight.

"Are you ready, Litleo?" Leonardo asked as he looked down at the Pokemon who let out a little roar in confidence, this made Leonardo's smile grow wider as he walked at a slow pace in order to let his Pokemon keep up as he moved ever closer to the town.

Richland resided in the kitchen of the grand Shabbonneau Castle, cleaning the last of the fancy silverware and plates. Of course his Chingling was close by as always, since he assisted his trainer by taking the cleaned plates and putting them back where they belonged. It was a mini, but efficient team, thanks to the pair's amazing synergy. Richland began to daydream as he scrubbed the plates clean. He thought about how fast the three months since he first became a butler seemed to fly by. Though, why was he given such a peculiar opportunity to accompany the prince on his new journey? Those thoughts came and went through the boy's mind, but on the outside he was just as calm as he always was. As he couldn't afford to let such wonders interrupt his work afterall.

A few minutes passed of the same routine, until his Chingling suddenly pointed out the window. Upon looking out, all Richland could see was the outline of a person, but once he squinted his eyes good enough, he could make out that it was indeed Leonardo. "I see, thank you." He praised as he rubbed the bell Pokemon's head. Since the prince was already off, Richland had to put a little haste in his step. Once he set the last plate down, he was off to his private corners of the butlers' rest area.

On his bed lied a suitcase, the one he packed the day before so naturally he reached out to take it but his Chingling brushed it aside, surprising the young man. The small Pokemon shook his head, which in turn shook his whole body, though afterwards he set a common satchel on the bed instead. It took a minute to process what he wanted, but Richland finally understood what he did. "Ah right, this will help me blend in more with the common crowd. Rather than a suitcase, smart thinking." With that, he threw the satchel around his body and left the castle with the intent of eventually catching up to the prince along the way.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kali's hands were shaking, watching as the Butler cleaned, watching him leave to his area. She sighed as she rubbed her own head, looking at her Cherubi by her side. " Suppose we should catch up Cerise? " She asked, getting on a stool to put some glassware away, moving onto placing the Plates in their section. The Cherubi Nodded, looking at the direction the exit was. " Cherubi Cherubi! " Putting away her final stack, she speed-walked out, going to her maid's quarters.

After walking through the Shabbonneau Castle to her Quarters, she opened a Purse, but then her Cherubi grabbed onto it, throwing it across the room toward a Backpack. " This old thing..? " She asked her Cherubi, It nodding in agreement. Kali sighing as usual, grabbed onto the bag, and opened her drawer, putting some of her Quote, Casual, End quote clothes. Cherubi was still looking at Kali, and looked at the clothes, and then back at Kali. " Do you.. want me to change? " She asked, the Cherubi Nodding her head.

Looking at the window while mid changing, she was now wearing a pink jacket and black skirt, as well as a Red shirt to add to the style. Putting on her shoes, she grabs onto her Backpack and runs out after her fellow Assistant, pulling out a bow quickly to messily attach to her hair, and ran past the common crowd, hopefully looking like she was going on an adventure. Sprinting now, she caught up to the two males.

Jason had not been to another region before. Having lived in Kanto his whole life, it felt like Kalos was more densely compact in how everything was grouped together. Yuna rested herself on Jason's shoulder. She loved to ride up there and see all of the world from his point of view. Buneary was out of her pokeball. She loved all of the lights and sounds of the new region. Having stepped out of the plane, and on his first leg of his new adventure, Jason was glad to see that he was not the only one starting out. Seeing three people walking, they looked like they would be new trainers, so walking up to them he asked. "Hello, my name is Jason. I am sorry to bother, but I just got off the plane, and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a pokemart. I am in need of some supplies to start my journey. I am sorry if I am interrupting anything." He had gotten off the plane to see that there was a large castle looming over everything. He did know the name of the town he was in, but he did know it looked nice.

Last edited:
Litleo stopped and looked back when he heard footsteps of an individual that headed toward them and let out a light growl to alert his trainer. "What is it?" Leonardo asked before he looked and smiled at the person whom approached him. "Ah, Richland. Glad you could join me in this, I do hope you're excited for this kind of thing." He said with a smile before he noticed a familiar female approach him as well. "Hello Kali, I do hope I didn't bother either of you by leaving a little early, it's just that the thought of this journey made me rather excited as of late." Leonardo said as he began to proceed toward the town and lightly beckoned for the pair to follow before they were interrupted by yet another individual who approached them, this one he wasn't familiar with so he was likely a... commoner as the nobles would say, not the prince's favorite terminology for them.

Leonardo however smiled at the sight of the boy's adorable Buneary whom rested on his shoulder before he smiled and nodded. "You should find one somewhere within the South-East of the square, once you go in that direction, it shouldn't be too difficult to miss." He replied with a friendly smile before he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose slightly.

Richland finally caught up the young prince, minding his status the butler bowed at the royal's presence. "It was no trouble, your majesty. We must simply adapt." A little later the group encountered a commoner, one not from around here it seemed, judging from the fact that he didn't know where the pokemart resided. Richland was careful not to blow the prince's cover, which meant if Leonardo spoke to him, he would respond in the language of the common man. However he deduced that the prince had the conversation under control, and began searching through his satchel, making sure everything was there. During his check he glanced up at Kali for a moment, he was unconsciously grateful to have a senior assistant accompanying him, he could definitely learn a few things from her along the way. With that his check was complete, everything seemed to be there and he was ready to begin this new life of adventuring. All he had to do now was wait.

I wonder what made that citizen travel here? Was it to see the castle, the royal family, or maybe he's just visiting his own family? Nonetheless, he seems well-mannered at least. That's good.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kali began to fix her hair, looking at her bow somewhat stuck in her hair. " Alright, lets just fix you a little.. " She said to herself, Nudging it down, and looked at Richland, and turned a quick glance at Leonardo. " Aren't we lucky you wore a cap and glasses today? " She said, pointing it out to the small group that was on their way. Cherubi popped out of the bag, looking at the location they were going currently, staring occasionally at any travelers. Pulling Cherubi out of the back into her arms, she looked at the road. " Do you all remember whats up ahead? " she asked, forgetting what was ahead of the group.

"Thank you. I am sorry for the trouble. I am sure we will run into each other again, if you plan to travel the region like I am." With that Jason gave a slight bow and left to go to the pokemart. He needed to grab a few things to make pokefood, seeing as he was not able to bring some of it on the plane with him.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli was walking down the street, Veon on his shoulder as he tried to find a place to stay for a while, or a Eevee that needed care, just in case. While looking around he saw a group of what looked like travelers, being in need of direction, new to the layout of town and all, he decided to go talk to them. Eli walked up to the group and spoke "I am terribly sorry to bother you, but I am traveling through here and need to know where I can stock up on food and such"

Last edited:
Leonardo smiled and nodded at them man who had just departed only for another person to approach and ask him about a place to get food. "Ah, then your best opportunity would be to go to the Pokemart just South-East of the square." He said as he pointed in said direction. Litleo on the other hand growled with slight impatience as he was eager to start their adventure, Leonardo was as well, but managed to keep quiet about it for most of the time. "Shall we get moving?" He softly asked his companions as he turned his head back over to them.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kali Fumbled with her hair, and then adjusted Cherubi into a better position in her arms. Cherubi lightly cheered when Kali started to rub her heads. Looking back at Richland, and then the prince, she said only a simple reply. " Of course. " She said, a little excited, she tried to rush the conversation with such a quick reply. She thought about the people around the city, and yawned. " I just want to see some pokemon. " she said softly, waiting for Richland to be ready.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli nodded gratefully before moving towards the market, he paused a second "Something off about them.." he whispered to himself, he shrugged, before walking to the Store to stock up on food, at the pokemart he studied some cans, packing them for later down the trip and getting fresher food for the next few days ahead of him, he also bought a couple drinks and a few pieces of clothing before departing from the store, ready to make his way on his own adventure again

Last edited:
Once another person decided to approach the group yet again for direction, Richland was barely able to contain a sigh. There sure was a lot of people who were visiting, weren't there? Staying quiet, he needed something to occupy himself with until the prince finished his conversation with the other person. His gaze trailing off in the distance, a small smile unintentionally formed on his lips- this place certainly had beauty. Maybe that's why there's a lot of visitors... Once Richland regained focus on the task at hand, he noticed that the boy was gone, the only thing left was Leonardo's question. Although, he'd already knew his answer, "Indeed, albeit with a little more haste."

Leonardo nodded at Richland. "Agreed, I don't know about you two, but I feel as though it would be best to start down Route 7 first so we can get to Lumiose City, there we can have a more diverse amount of options on where we can go." Leonardo said as he adjusted his hat and began to slowly walk closer to the square of his hometown and toward the exit that lead to Route 7, albeit at a slow pace for his companions and beloved Pokemon to catch up to him. Of course he was aware that as a trainer, they would have to train their Pokemon as well, and Leonardo planned to do that sometime within their travels across Route 7.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli adjusted his hat, talking to Veon "We have not been to Luminose in a while, why not at least go through there" he walked down towards route 7, checking his stuff and releasing Razor, breathing in deep and smiling, he had trained with these two for a while, but if he could spot another Eevee, he would definitely try capture it, granted that it would go with him of course. He gazed down the path and thought about how long the trip would take