• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS A prehistoric problem! (Aerodactyl)

All right, I decided that- and I love them, anyways- I need a strong flying-type (although, it is a little fragile) on my team. With the help of Serebii, I have created a move set that covers all of its weaknesses and gives me that flying STAB I need. So- tell me what you think!

Aerodactyl @ Expert Belt?
Adamant (+atck, -sp. atck)
Aerial Ace
Iron Head
Thunder Fang
Earthquake

Aerial Ace is obviously for stab and for the lack of a flying move on my team.
Iron Head will take care of Ice-types and Rock-types.
Thunder Fang will take care of Water-types.
And Earthquake will take care of Electric-types and Steel-types.

Note: The types listed above are only Aerodactyl's weaknesses.

;)
What do you think? I'd really like some suggestions/other move set ideas.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
The moveset is sound and it works, I don't see anything wrong with it. So yeah, pretty good. Just, do be sure to train it in Attack and Speed, Speed especially, in fact, instead of Adamant you could consider Jolly. Either one would work, but yeah, you just don't want Aerodactyl being out sped by by anything that isn't Weavile and Crobat.

You should use Rock Slide or Stone Edge over Iron Head, because it hits ice types and gets boosted by STAB. Earthquake hits rock types where Iron Head would.

Thanks Sem and Carlos! I think that I will replace Iron head with Rock Slide, as it seems more appealling now.
I think we're done here, 'less someone has more suggestions.