• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Pokecharms Meetup

I was thinking, that with my greater freedom this summer than the last few ones, that perhaps a Charmsian meetup would be lots of fun. However, for a bit of safety, we could meet up at a public area with a previous intention, like at a con or something like that. I'm going to ColossalCon 2013 this year, and I think it would be fun to hang with awesome Charmsians, too. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, though.

Edit: Sorry, it's in the US, UK guys.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've always wanted to be part of something like this but have never really had much opportunity to do so considering where I live. I'm going to be visiting Toronto, Ontario, this coming August, which is a bit more central Canada-wise, but it's still Canada. I'm pretty sure that most of our Canadian regulars live on the other side of the country. :p

Even taking Canada out of the equation however, the problem with the US compared to the UK is that the UK is much smaller. While people may not live terribly close to each other, they're likely 3-4 hours away by bus or train verses a possible 24 hours+ away by that same transport through the US. I assume that's why something like this has never happened before in America - that and people being broke, too shy to meet, too young to travel alone, etc.

This gives me an idea for a new topic... *Hobbles off to create it*

Yeah, it highly depends on where we meet up if it happens. I could theoretically take the Megabus if the meet-up is in a convenient place. If I may offer the suggestion, depending on where people live, we could just do it by region to make it easier...