• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Place of Peace

Hi! I am new to Pokecharms and I have been recently thinking about making this roleplay. I am not the best roleplayer, so if you are looking for a roleplay with more experienced roleplayers, I wouldn't recommend this one. I hope you enjoy my first roleplay!

As we all know, shiny pokemon are quite rare. You can hunt for them, breed to get one, trade for them, and more. But what about the shiny Pokemon that live out in the wild? Their different coloration could cause issues for them. They are easier to be spotted by potential predators. Or maybe they try to catch prey but are easily spotted by their different coloration. Trainers can easily spot these different colored creatures and capture them, even if they don't want to be captured. So what to do about this issue? Well, a group of shiny pokemon who lived in a secluded forest decided to make a village for shiny pokemon and their families. This way, the shiny pokemon could be safe. Food is provided for all, so there is no need to hunt each other. The village is secluded, so being spot isn't an issue. For many years this shiny village has been hidden. But accidentally, one day a trainer some how discovered the village. The trainer began to tell people about this village of shiny pokemon, and they would tell it to others. Greedy trainers who have heard about this village are now trying to find it for themselves and take all the shiny pokemon.

What the Roleplay is
In this roleplay, you are a shiny pokemon who lives in the village. You can also be a trainer who tries to capture the pokemon if you like. The village is under attack from trainer's pokemon trying to capture the shiny pokemon. You can choose to be a fighter, and protect your villager, a healer, and heal the injured, a protecter, a pokemon that guards the village, or a scout, a pokemon that looks for potential enemies. You can also be neutral in the fight, and have a normal job like cook, librarian, gardener, etc)
Will you choose to fight for your village as a shiny pokemon?
Or will you be a greedy trainer who tries to capture the shiny Pokemon.

Rules(READ)
  1. Swearing is not allowed sorry, I don't like to use it.​
  2. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG (Like kissing and stuff is fine, but don't go past that)​
  3. I don't tolerate bullying, so no harsh words against anyone.The exception to this is the trainer, but nothing too harsh​
  4. Please follow the Pokecharms Rules. Here they are if you don't know them:https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-role-play-rules.9451/
  5. Though this is a shiny roleplay, please no legendaries and/or mythical pokemon. This includes the Ultra Beasts and the Tapus​
  6. If someone is already the shiny pokemon you were going to choose, choose another one. I prefer not to have 7 Shiny Greninjas running around.​
  7. Please for Pete's sake, no Mary-Sues/Gary Stues. I don't need a Shiny Greninja with speed unparalleled and the strength of Arceus itself.​
  8. For the Trainers, No Mega Evolutions for this roleplay.​
  9. Also for the trainers, no having shiny Pokemon. You are hunting shiny pokemon for a reason.​
  10. For the movesets, make sure the Pokemon can actually know the move. This sort of goes along with being a Mary Sue. For example, Pikachu can't learn Psychic but Kirlia can.​
  11. Note, I am on Eastern Central Time. I am active on this website from 2pm to 9pm. I am terribly sorry if I can't answer right away
Bio
Now that I got that out of the way, here is the bio sheet for the characters. I decided I will start the roleplay when at least 6 people have joined, maybe lower depending on the amount of time takes for people to join. You can have two characters only. You can have two shiny pokemon, a trainer and a shiny pokemon, or even two trainers if you want. I am not allowing any more so the roleplay doesn't get confusing.

Shiny Pokemon Bio Sheet:

Name:
Species:
Moveset: (Preferably related to your position, like a healer knowing healing moves. If you have a normal job, you can do whatever you want.I would prefer for the pokemon not to have TM/HM moves since they are wild, but they are allowed if necessary)
Position: (You can skip this if your character is under 13)
Occupation; (kip this if you don't have a regular Occupation)
Alignment: (Those who fight for the village are good, those who ahve normal jobs are just neutral(They may be good, but neutral just means they don't fight)
Personality: (I want a few REAL sentences at least describing your character. A few words is not exactly a personality. And make sure to give a couple flaws, we all have them, no one is perfect)
Appearance: (You can change small details about your shiny pokemon like a shiny Vulpix with light blue eyes for example, but nothing too major. You may also have accessories if you want. If your character is just a regular shiny pokemon, put "They are just a regular shiny".)
Backstory: (This is not optional, unlike other roleplays. You can be born in the village, or you could be a shiny pokemon who found the village in time of trouble. You can skip the bio if you aren't sure what to put, but you can't join the actual roleplay unless you have a bio. Sorry this sounds picky, but I am just curious)
Other: (This is where you can put anything else you would like to mention about your character. If you don't have anything, put N/A)

Trainer Bio:
Name:
Alignment: (For the trainer, put evil. Sure they may not actually be evil, but to the shinies, they are)
Ao being spot isn't an issue. For many years this shiny village has been hidden. But accidentally, one day a trainer some how discovered the village. The trainer began to tell people about this village of shiny pokemon, and they would tell it to others. Greedy trainers who have heard about this village are now trying to find it for themselves and take all the shiny pokemon.
A
ppearance: (Clothes, height, hair color, etc. Preferably put a few sentences as well, not just a few words.)
Personality:Once again, a few sentences, not just words. Though there alignment is evil, they don't necessarily have to be bad people. But in the eyes of the shiny pokemon, they are evil because the trainers are trying to capture them. I am not allowing for trainers to be good and protect the village, cause honestly, if you saw a shiny pokemon, you would try to catch it.)
Backstory: (For the trainers, this is optional. But I would prefer if you had one. I understand not everyone is a great writer but three or four sentences isn't really that hard)
Goal: ( You can have a goal like capture a certain shiny pokemon or just want to catch any shiny pokemon)

Trainers Pokemon Bio
You may have up to three pokemon, no more. Just copy and paste the bio

Nickname: (Put N/A if they don't have one)
Moveset: (This can be anything, but once again, the pokemon has to be able to learn this move. I don't mind egg moves or TM/HM Moves, but don't make it all Egg Moves or just TM/HM moves)
Appearance: (Can have accessories if you want, but it can't be a shiny or a pokemon with variations so no blue eyed Pikachus)
Personality:
Other: (Like I said, other things about this pokemon like it has a habit of falling asleep and stuff like that)

Here is my character, may add one later

Name:Isabelle

Species:
Shiny Ivysaur

Moveset:
  • Synthesis
  • Vine Whip
  • Sleep Powder
  • Grassy Terrain

Position:Healer

N/A

Alignment:
Good

Personality:

Isabelle is a caring soul, who loves nothing more than helping others. She is quite timid when it comes to fighting, and will only do it if she has to. Isabelle is often quiet, not saying much unless she has to. She is easily flustered and scared, so she isn't a very good fighter. Despite being mostly quiet, she is compassionate towards others, especially younger pokemon. She will do anything in her power to protect the weak if needed.

Appearance:

Isabelle is a normal shiny Ivysaur in appearance, being the normal shiny coloration. But she is slightly smaller than the average Ivysaur. She also wears a small orange flower on her head as an accessory.

Backstory:

Isabelle was not born in the village but was born near it. She was raised by her normal colored Venusaur mother, who cared for her shiny baby very much. Her mother tried all she could to protect her daughter, but with another daughter, it was somewhat difficult. Isabelle was constantly teased by her fellow Ivysaurs and even physically abused by them. She was also potential prey for many other pokemon who saw her as an easy meal. Over time, the abuse became too much to bear and Isabelle became mute. One day, when Isabelle was 8, she was out playing with her younger sister, Violet, she saw in the corner of her eye, a shiny Pokemon. She couldn't tell what it was, other than it was a shiny pokemon. The Pokemon noticed her and walked up to her and her sister. The shiny Pokemon was actually a shiny Gabite who called himself Fang.According to him, he was out scouting when he saw Isabelle and her sister playing out in a small sunny patch in the forest. Fang spoke to Isabelle about a village where her and her family could be safe from predators and other things. Isabelle ran to tell her mom about the village and her mother smiled. She could finally have place where her and both her daughters would be safe. They moved away from the village of Venusaurs and Ivysaurs and moved to the shiny village. Now her mother works as a healer along with Isabelle to help keep the fighters, protectors, and scouts healthy so they can keep the village safe.

Other:

-Isabelle is allergic to vanilla for some unknown reason

-Isabelle often stutters and and speaks quickly when she is frightens.

-Isabelle is fond of her garden that grows right outside her house. She is not however, fond of the pokemon that keeps stealing her tulips.

-Isabelle isn't a huge fan of physical contact, especially if it's by surprise. She will not appreciate if you sneak up to her and hug her. She will most likely scream and hit you with a Vine Whip.

Accepted People

Last edited:
Name: Tama
Age: No-one really knows her exact age, not even herself. She's estimated to be around 15, but acts younger.
Species: Mimikyu
Moveset: Play Rough, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, Thunderbolt
Position: Fighter
Alignment: Good
Personality: Insisting that she's a Pikachu, Tama speaks in third person. Though some find her speech inflection irritating, it is regarded by most as adorable- but if there's one thing Tama hates, it's being called cute. She is very forgetful, often giving people nicknames based on their appearances because she can't remember names very well, but is also endearing and kindhearted, always willing to keep others happy. She's considered the sort of 'cheerleader' of the Fighters- though, she's perfectly capable of battling herself.
Appearance: Regular shiny, but with red eyes.
Backstory: Tama came to the village after fleeing from the city. She fled because she accidentally killed her trainer, who looked at the true form under her cloth and died of shock. She has never seemed to be traumatised from the event, but definitely is.

Name: Tama
Age: No-one really knows her exact age, not even herself. She's estimated to be around 15, but acts younger.
Species: Mimikyu
Moveset: Play Rough, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, Thunderbolt
Position: Fighter
Personality: Insisting that she's a Pikachu, Tama speaks in third person. Though some find her speech inflection irritating, it is regarded by most as adorable- but if there's one thing Tama hates, it's being called cute. She is very forgetful, often giving people nicknames based on their appearances because she can't remember names very well, but is also endearing and kindhearted, always willing to keep others happy. She's considered the sort of 'cheerleader' of the Fighters- though, she's perfectly capable of battling herself.
Appearance: Regular shiny, but with red eyes.
Backstory: Tama came to the village after fleeing from the city. She fled because she accidentally killed her trainer, who looked at the true form under her cloth and died of shock. She has never seemed to be traumatised from the event, but definitely is.
Accepted!

(also, I'm wondering if I could also have one shiny Pokemon as a character separate from this, that lives in the village, just in case I don't have any idea what to do with these ones at the moment (and I'm sure the trainers and shinies wouldn't get in contact very soon) I'll figure it out otherwise though!)
Name: Sam
Alignment: evil
Appearance: Sam has short, blonde hair that reaches her chin, and has a parting on the side. She has wide brown eyes, often filled with curiosity and excitement. Sam stands at 5'3, and because she trained football (or soccer, however you call it) her legs are strong, and also very bruised - her arms are more lanky, though, so it gives her awkward proportions. She wears a wide, red tracksuit top, a black T-shirt underneath, and shorts. Her sneakers are white, but dusty.
Personality: Sam is an adventure-craving girl, always looking for new places to travel to. She's optimistic about everything, and nothing seems to be able to stop her from getting what she wants. Sam's very stubborn and is a bit hot headed. She also doesn't always examine the situation she is in correctly, as she is quick to act and impatient, but don't expect Sam to ever admit that! ("That's just what I wanted to do!" Or "I had this as my back up plan, anyway!" Is what you'd normally hear instead.)
Backstory: Sam was born in Violet City, in Johto, but grew up exploring the area around her town, even the ones more far, which lead to her parents looking for her all the time. So to not get hurt by wild Pokemon, her parents decided to give her one of her own – a Poliwag, named Poli. Although the relationship had a rocky start, they grew to be the best of partners. Sam befriended a few other Pokemon, but never caught any. Her mother once suggested that her family visits a new region every year, during vacation. On one of them, to their trip to Unova, Sam met a lonely Solosis. As the trip was nearing it's end, and the Solosis was getting more clingy, Sam decided to catch it. Phi, as she named it, became a valuable asset to the team. Sam eventually evolved both of her Pokemon to their final forms.
Goal: after hearing about the shiny Pokemon community, Sam decided to set out on a journey to catch one of her own.

Trainers Pokemon Bio

Nickname: Poli
Species: Poliwrath
Moveset: Bubblebeam, Hypnosis, Brick Break, Protect
Appearance: just a normal Poliwrath.
Personality: Poli is very protective of Sam. It also doesn't get along very well with other Pokemon, other than Phi, to which Poli had to get used to at first.
Other: although it doesn't seem like it, Poli is very jumpy. It can get frightened by various things, which results in it thrashing about, trying to destroy the supposed danger. It also

Nickname: Phi
Species: Reuniclus
Moveset: Psychic, Recover, Reflect, Light Screen
Personality: Phi is very clingy, and doesn't like to leave Sam's side. Phi is also the braver of the two Pokemon (only when Sam is around to boost it's confidence), and serves as the support for the team. Unlike Poli, Phi is very friendly around other Pokemon.
Other: Phi dislikes being alone.

Name: Ki Ki
Species: kirlia
Moveset: disarming voice, teleport, confusion and lucky chant
Position: Cheerleader person (is that a option? I think it would work well with the move set)
Personality: Ki Ki wants one thing in her life, to find someone to be with, not necessarily as their mate, just a friend that they can always trust will be there for her. This makes her a very forward (often a little to forward) and clingy, she is also very self conscious about what everyone thinks about her. This can lead to her second guessing herself often and having a bit of a delay when it comes to her answering someone
Appearance: Regular shiny, but with the regular green hair
Backstory: Ki Ki was born to a pair of gardevoirs (male and female respectively) they where horrified when they discovered she was a shiney, yet the pair nurtured her until they discovered the village where they left her in the care of a delphox. Ki Ki can't remember her birth parents and believes the delphox to be her mother

moar trainer
Name: Yuki Bowes
Alignment: Evil
Appearance: She's a basic sukeban, or female delinquent. She sports a surgical mask, wears her brown hair down, and has a typical white and navy blue seifuku on. Along with that, She has on black flat shoes. To go along with her delinquent motif, She wears a torn gakuran over her shoulders, not bothering to put her arms in She is 5'2, and is very skinny. This is pretty unfortunate, since she hates being called a little girl.
Personality: Yuki is rude, as delinquents usually are. She can also come off as a lovable jerk to those shew warms up to, and the only people she's warmed up to do far is her gang. She also has a more mischievous side, and is actually a good tactical thinker. She is also quite loud and speaks with bombastic slang.
Backstory: She is a normal schoolgirl, as far as her parents know. They pay no attention to her delinquent agenda though she does this for attention. This led to her running away. She will return home after about a week, but she really wants to find herself and maybe make them care. During the trip, She heard about a village full of shiny pokemon, and she wants to pay it a visit for....reasons.
Goal: She's been looking for a pokemon to put a bandana on for months! To her, a new member of her team is overdue.

Trainers Pokemon Bio (the gang)
Nickname: Elvis
Species: infernape
Moveset: Fire Spin, Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Acrobatics
Personality: He comes off as arrogant and confident, but is just mimicking Yuki, who he looks up too. He is actually very impressionable and vulnerable without her.
Other: He has the fire on this head leaning forward and put down in an oval shape (or at least he tries) simulating a pompadour. He also wears sunglasses because he's cool like that.

Nickname: Costello
Species: Heliolisk
Moveset: Grass Knot, Magnet Rise, Rain Dance, Thunder
Personality: He is the more intelligent of the three, usually disapproving of Yuki's plans but still getting roped into them.
Other: Wears commissar cap and is also good at sneaking around.

Nickname: Queen
Species: Snorlax
Moveset: Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, High Horsepower
Personality: Unlike other snorlax, She is not as hungry as she is lax and sleepy, usually sleeping and not good at battling. She makes a good roadblock, though.
Other: Wears surgical mask (sewn from several xxl white t-shirts.)