• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Pirated Life.

(Sign ups? I gotchu: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-pirated-life.17264/ )

The United States of America. You know what it is, 1940s life, diversity, pirates. Sky Pirates. They fly around, plunder, gather their gold etc. Everyday life.
Erik took a sip of his drink when a man stepped in.
"Belthosler! Come for another drink I suppose?" Erik grabbed a mug.
"Yessir. The gold plunder we got this week exceeded all we've gotten all year. Gave the boys a break." Belthosler laughed. "So you still looking for a crew? I'd gladly take you."
"No sir. Your leadership doesn't match the way I do things. Im not gonna lie, your bragging is also extremely tiring." Erik filled his cup and sat down. "That's 8 gold."

Sacramento, California was the largest Pirate recruitment area. Erik ran The Old Brig Bar, but the locals called it the TOBB. Everyday for two years, we waited for the right crew.

Last edited:
"I told you already. I'm not interested." Lexie Graye stated to the men sitting across from her. She was sitting at one of the tables in The Old Brig Bar, sipping from a drink. Lexie's feet were propped up on the table. She tilted her head to get a better look at the men sitting across from her. "Your 'crew' never gets anything done, and half the time y'all are tryin' to kill each other." Lexie continued. The two men quickly got up and left. That was the fourth time those men had tried to get her to join their crew. This week. Lexie scoffed. "Idiots."

"You need another drink?" Erik asked Lexie. "Just offerin'. Might close up soon." He began to clean the empty tables Around him. "Damn Pirates. They just leave and don't pay." He grunted to himself.

Lexie contemplated the offer. After a moment of thinking the engineer nodded her head. "Yeah, I will. Thanks." She replied. Then the bartender began to mention how a lot of the pirates don't pay for what they buy. "You should charge 'em right before you hand it to them. That way you don't risk them not paying you." Lexie suggested.

Erik laughed for a good minute. "Last time I did that, the guy challenged me to a duel. I had to replace the floor." He said, bringing another drink to the table. "What's your ordeal? What brings you to the TOBB of all places?"

Lexie couldn't help but laugh at the comment on the duel. That sounded like it would've been fun to watch. "Well, I hear that a lot of pirates hang around here. So, I'm here looking for work." She informed as she took a sip from her drink. She reached into her pocket and set the payment down on the table. "Be it a one-time deal working on something broken or working permanently or over a long duration as an engineer. You wouldn't believe how many people have no idea how the hell they're supposed to maintain their own ships."

"Oh?" He sat down. "Well, I was doing the same before I opened this here bar. I was a pirate with my best friend Carlos for a while, when we were caught, we escaped, but in different directions. Haven't seen him since." He stretched and popped his knuckles. "So you decided to be an Engineer? Not many of those around. Why haven't you taken an offer yet?"

"I was always good with electronics, machinery, and a lot of different sorts of technology in general." Lexie began. "So, it only felt right I be an Engineer. Pursue a career that you're good at, otherwise, it'll probably be the suckiest job ever." She reasoned. Yet again, Lexie took another sip from her drink. "I've taken a few different ones. Most of them are just one-time. Go to the ship, fix it up, collect my pay then go back to lookin'. There've been people who have wanted me for a longer period. None of them were permanent, though. Most last a couple months at the most. The only ones that wanted me as a permanent crew member either didn't have the money or their crew was too... dirty-minded, for my taste."

An alarm wen't off in one of the back rooms. "As much as i enjoy the tales of someone, i gotta close her up."He stood and took his empty cup.

Saracen ran in and shut the door. "Hiya!" She held the door down as people beat on it. "Im tellin Ya, it was only an accident!" She pulled a pocket knife out.

"What the hell?" Erik shouted. He went behind the counter and pulled a blade from a shelf. "Im closed." He sighed. "I can't catch a break."

"Well, today's just full of surprises." Lexie quipped as she stood up. "I'm willin' to bet the guys on the other side of that door won't discriminate on who they hit. Either one of you got an extra blade or a firearm?" She inquired. Lexie wasn't too good with either, but she needed something to defend herself.

"I was docking my ship! Accidentally scratched theirs." She looked down. She couldnt hold it and the door broke open. She hid behind the other two in the bar.

"I don't know. They seem pretty justified!" Erik jumped as a man charged at him. The man swung, but Erik countered. He slashed at the man's arm, making him drop his sword.

As the other men charged in Lexie stumbled over to the closet that Erik had pointed out. Lexie quickly claimed the blade. One of the men swung at her, but Lexie managed to duck under the swing and slide under his legs. She got back to her feet behind him and hit him in the back of the head with the hilt of her weapon. "Either way, they're attacking us now. Let's teach 'em not to try doin' that again."

"I can agree there." He laughed as he traded blows with a woman. As he was walking backwards, a spilled drink made him slip, and she slashed at his leg. A gunshot rang through the bar as the girl fell. "I haven't used this pistol in years." Erik stood up.

While walking towards his home for the evening, Matt Scailver saw something that caught his eye. A large group of men were charging into a bar, which told him one thing; he was going to have some fun.

He whipped out a revolver and drew a cutlass and walked forward. He rushed inside the bar, and, began to slash people and fire at ones who got to close.

"Yeeha!" He yelled slipping into his drunk persona. "This is bloody fun!" He slipped his cutlass into another man's gut. He slipped it out and fired at another man's face.

Erik winced at the death happening around him. He looked at the girl that brought them in. "You have a ship right, the boys in blue aren't very forgiving at this point!" He put up his pistol. "Let me grab my savings." He limped to the back room and came out with money. "I'll be back TOBB."

"Yeah. Its in the docks. I can show you." She shook. "I dont know how to sail." She looked down. Her knife was put up and she looked to see if it was clear.

Lexie shrugged. "I'm nowhere near the best pilot you'll find, but I can pilot a ship. I don't plan on sticking around and getting caught either." She said before turning to face Saracen. "Lead that way, Cap'n," Lexie stated, giving a mock salute. This was her chance to start sailing again, and Lexie was not about to throw away that chance. That, and she would rather not get arrested. 'Cuz that wouldn't end well for her.

Matt lodged his blade in a man's throat, finishing off the last man. "You mind if I hitch a ride? Blue boys will surely get rid of me." He said, wiping blood off of his cutlass, before sheathing it. "If it's any consolation. I can fire a cannon."

"A-alright." She stepped out and acted normal. "Y-know, carrying bags of money isnt the best way to stay incognito. Including the blood down your leg." She smiled before looking at the docks. Sky ships. About twenty all lined up. "The large white one. Thats mine." She ran towards it.

"Alright smart-ass." He grunted. "But this is gonna cover gasoline." he said, looking at the white ship. "I wish i had a brig like this when i was a pirate.'

Lexie followed the pair. Today definitely turned out to be an interesting one. But it seems she finally found work that might be permanent or at least long-term, so she couldn't complain. "I do not believe we've properly introduced ourselves yet." Lexie began. "Since I have a feeling we'll be working together for a while, I figure we should get to know each other's names at least. Lexie Graye."

"Im, Saracen. I come from a family of pirates. Im not too good at it." She smiled and laughed. "I guess we are pirates now. Running fron the law. This is nerve wrecking."

"Maybe a drink would calm yer nerves. But you'll get used to it. You just gotta adapt to the situations. But it's what we, pirates are best at." Matt said walking across the dock. He glared around and placed his hand protectively at his musket in his coat. "I'm Mathew Scailver, but enough of the introductions. I'd say we have a small bit if time before the blue boys catch up to us. Then we'll be in trouble, because after what happened at the bar, they'll be sure to outgun us." He said, in hopes of hustling up the others.

"Alright. Lex, you wanna go find the controls? I've never really been in the control area." He was showing a bit of his immature side. "We are gonna be awesome!"

"Got it." Lexie said as she rushed past her new crewmates. This definitely would prove to be an interesting event. After a moment, Lexie found the wheel. She began the process of having the ship leave the port. "Does she have a name?" Lexie shout-asked.

"Err...my father called it the Absolon. I wondered if i should rename it, but its all i have left of him." She said. "But sadness aside, nobody has ever tasted my cooking but me. This ship has a kitchen. Im gonna get to work." She said. She was confident in herself. She waz confident she was an amazing cook.

"Alright!" he pulled out a map. "If i remember tips from being a pirate, i know a bar in L.A., they hide pirates for a price. We can head there." Erik started planning. "And so this Absolon shall sail as the newest pirates!"

"I guess I'll explore, and see if I can find any good weapons. If we're hitting open air, then we'll need to be armed." Matt said. He opened a door and climbed down below. The man really didn't know what the plan really was for him. Part of him wanted to take the free ride and get below the radar. But another part of him, wanted to join the crew. The idea of finally being apart if a decent crew, gave him happy chills. It would be nice to be on a ship he could stay on.

Lexie nodded as the Absolon ascended and was pulled away from the dock. "Looks like we made it home free!" Lexie called. "Plotting course for Los Angeles, then!" Lexie said in response to Erik. She spun the wheel of the Absolon, turning it to face the direction of Los Angeles. "Alright, that should be right," Lexie mumbled to herself. In case anything went wrong, she'd need to stay at the wheel, so that's what she planned on doing.

"So a long term thing eh?" Erik sat in a chair next to Lexie. "I hear this bar have some rare drinks. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Keep some, sell some, steal it. Shouldn't take long to get there."

"I guess it is a long term thing now." Lexie responded to Erik. "Actually makes me happy. And I get to fly. I'm not the best, but I know the basics." Lexie stated, smiling. Then their new Captain, she supposed, was asking them if they were in L.A. "Yeah, we should be in Los Angeles now." Lexie informed. "Trying to look for a place to dock now."

"Go about a quater mile along the coast in this direction. We should reach a free park zone for pirates. Of course it isn't publicly known as that. I got a buddy who works at the nearby bar, and I've docked there a few times myself," Matt said, coming up from below. He pointed towards the starboard side of the boat. "I'll keep a watch out for any cops. They seem to roam around, so I'll let you all know when it's safe to dock."

The bearded man clasped the starboard handrail and gazed at the city. His eyes were wide open as he scanned for any cops. None would get past him.