• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A New Trainers RP

Hello world! Ry_Burst is the name. So i'm hoping to start a RP with a few reliable RPers. There will only be four slots open (including me) and we'll go as newer trainers, who are just starting their journey in the Kanto Region. You will receive your starter Pokemon, from Professor Oak, with the choices being Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, or a first stage Kanto Pokemon.

Rules
Rule 1.)
All RP and PRP rules apply to this thread. Yes, this means no legendaries, no godmodding, mary sues, etc. I'm sure most of you know the drill, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, I recommend you stop reading and go read the rules.
Rule 2.) Please, people, if you are going to be apart of this RP, then please be dedicated, and don't just leave it. If you want to leave, just let me know. I can understand if you don't want to take part in it anymore. But don't just stop responding, and keep quiet about how you aren't on it anymore. Please let me know.
Rule 3.) So due to us being new trainers and in the Kanto Region, I'm going to flat out ban Mega Pokemon, Z-moves, Legendaries, and Battle Bonding.
Rule 4.) So we are in the Kanto region, so that, first off means no Alolan forms of Pokemon. So Pokemon native to the Kanto region will be there, of course. I will also allow the occasional Johto Pokemon, due to Johto being right next to Kanto. But considering the location, you can't catch wild Pokemon who are from the Alola, Unova, Hoenn, Kalos, and Sinnoh regions, without special permission from me.
Rule 5.) So to be accepted to this Rp you need to prove to me, you are an acceptable RPer. So I will require a RP sample to be submitted, along with your form. Involving forms you must contain the word Kanto, and passion to be accepted. Also If you feel like you want to add something to the template, then go ahead and do it. But I will require the info I ask for.
Rule 6.) So for starters, you can only receive them. You can't find a wild one, just roaming around. You get one as your starter and that's it.
Rule 7.) This rule is connected to Rule #4. No Fakemon, for the same reasons as listed in Rule #4, but I will not give permission for Fakemon.

If you see any loopholes, or flaws with the rules let me know so I can fix them.

Extra information
-First off, there is no Team Rocket, due to them being disbanded. There however will be an antagonist group introduced later on.
-Blue is the Viridian City Gym leader
-Jamie is the Fushia City Gym leader
-Cinnabar was rebuilt, and after a while Blaine retired. A young man by the name of Paul Rey took his place.

Character Template

Name: (First and last)
Physical Apperance:
Normal Clothing: (Instead of a set clothing style, a few different things you wear or the type of clothes you wear.
Hometown: (You can be from any region, but you can't bring any pokemon with you from said region)
Personality:
Future Team: (The Pokemon you plan to catch. You can have up to eight pokemon you plan to catch and this includes your starter.)
Extra:

Pokemon: (I will ask you to update this, and add new pokemon, once they evolve or you catch a new one.)
Species:
Nickname:

And don't forget the RP sample!

Here's mine.

Name: Josh Owens
Physical Appearance: Josh has brown hair, but about mid length, that constantly gets in his eyes. His eyes, are a light blue. He has white skin, and stands about 5'8".
Normal Clothing: Under most circumstances he wears a red sleeveless vest, that is open and a black long sleeve shirt under it. He has blue jeans, with his Pokeballs along his waist. He wears black converse, and has a black backpack. When it;s warmer, he wears black shorts, and a white t-shirt. He always wears a red baseball cap.
Hometown: Viridan City, Kanto
Personality: Josh is pretty stubborn, and prefers to do things his own way. Despite this, he is very caring and a hard worker. He is very loyal and will stick by his friends no matter what. He has a passion for battling.
Future Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Umbreon, Electabuzz, Snorlax, Poliwrath, Scizor

Pokemon:
Species: Charmander
Nickname: Burn
Personality: This Charmander is goofy and laidback. It's pretty hard to upset him, outside of battle. But during battle his personality changes, and he becomes fierce and quick to act.

My Sample
Josh Owens sat in his desk in his room, examining the brightly lit up computer screen. It was showing an old Pokemon Leauge match.
"C'mon! Use Hyper Beam Onix!" The boy yelled as he watched the battle unfold. The people on the screen didn't do what the boy had said, due to it being a recording. The Onix raised its tail and swung with a super effective Iron Tail on the Clefable, knocking it out. "Sweet!" Josh exclaimed, after watching this.
KNOCK, KNOCK. Someone was pounding on his bedroom door.
"Josh, have you been up, all night watching Pokemon battles?" His mother asked him, entering the room.
"Sorry mom, I just couldn't wait to go get my first Pokemon from Professor Oak," Josh said, standing up slinging the bag, that hung over his chair, over his shoulder.
"My little boy is growing up," his mom said with tears welling up in her eyes. Josh, who wanted to leave before she got over emotional, walked out the bedroom door.
"Bye mom!" He shouted runnng out of the house.

Last edited:
Hope this meets your expectations. Let me know if I need to add or fix anything :)

Name: Jake Lashley
Physical Apperance: Jake has shaggy brown hair, the kind that tends to grow outward instead of downward. His eyes are a shining hazel, and he has a small scar above his right eye, though it is hard to notice as most of it is hidden within his eyebrow. He is 5' 8" and has very little arm muscle, but has lean, strong legs perfect for running.
Normal Clothing: A navy blue sweatshirt with yellow pull strings, worn out blue jeans, and black sneakers. Wears a pair of black-rimmed glasses and carries a small yellow backpack. Often has a pair of headphones hanging around his neck. When it's too hot to wear his normal attire , Jake will settle for a blue t-shirt, and will tie his sweatshirt around his waist.
Hometown: Pallet, Kanto
Personality: Jake is a strange fellow. He is a massive introvert, taking a very long time to really trust or feel comfortable around anyone, preferring to keep quiet and watch from afar. But once you gain his trust he becomes a completely different person. He becomes extremely kindhearted and humorous, cracking jokes whenever he can. He will do anything to help a friend, no matter how dangerous the task. He believes in the policy of "No Man (Or 'Mon) Left Behind" and will never leave a friend in need. He loves exploring, and has even ventured into the tall grass outside Pallet town, despite being warned of the dangers of wild Pokemon.
Future Team: Venusaur, Wigglytuff, Poliwrath, Rhydon, Dodrio, Ninetails, Sandslash
Extra:

Pokemon:
Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Maya
Personality: Calm and collected, Maya is a kind-hearted Pokemon. She cares deeply for her trainer, but dislikes battling, only doing so to protect Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Here's my sample. Not a lot of action in it, so if you like I can get another, more battle-heavy sample :p
Zeypher slipped the front door shut behind him with a sigh of relief, the early morning light bathing him in its dull, golden glow. The lanky teen took a few steps from his own front door before glancing back at his parents' window to check that the light remained off. Convinced that he had not woken his parents, Zeypher sauntered onto the dusty street, kicking trash out of his way as he went. Before the Rockets moved in, the town had been much cleaner. But now streets were unkempt, covered in leaves and trash. Houses were dusty and once pristine lawns were littered with crabgrass and weeds.

Zeypher paused when he reached a neighboring home, merely two houses down from his own. Bailey, one of his neighbors, lived here. Shuffling up to the front door, the shabby-looking boy reached into his back pocket. He rooted around a bit before withdrawing his hand, and with it a crumpled piece of paper. After smoothing the odd note out and reading it one last time, Zeypher slid the note under Bailey's front door with a satisfied smile. He didn't know Bailey exceptionally well, but he trusted that she would participate in his little pow-wow. The first note successfully delivered, Zeypher whipped around and began jogging towards his next target, a house several blocks away. As he ran, he thought of what was written on the notes.

Heya! Meet me in the forest behind the school. I have a plan to finally get us some Pokemon!
~ Zeypher

Slowing as he reached his destination, Zeypher smiled to himself. He thought it quite clever to choose the school. The schoolhouse was about as far as one could get from the Rocket base while still remaining in town. It was a commonly known building as well, so there would be no mix ups regarding where to meet. Nodding his head in self-approval, Zeypher began to approach Aida's door. Aida was a fairly good friend of his, though their age difference made being friends difficult at some times. Regardless, the teen trusted nobody more than Aida. Pulling out his final note, Zeypher began to slide the paper under the front door, only to be interrupted by a sudden voice.

Sounds good! If I may ask, battle-wise, are we using the anime rules (more than 4 moves, stringing moves together, etc.), game rules (4 moves, taking turns, etc.), or an outside source, such as a website like Pokemon Showdown?

Well then, now that I'm getting better here, I might actually consider signing up here then. I'm assuming that I get lucky Squirtle since there's no repeats for starter Pokémon. (Character sheets are below!)

Name: Eliot Gailo
Physical Apperance: He has light gray hair that is straight, though he does not have any visible hairline unfortunately. His eyes are in a shade of dark brown, while he has some freckles. He stands at a shorter height of 5'1", as he has a skinny, but slightly muscular build.
Normal Clothing: He wears a black turtleneck shirt, light tan trousers, and gray lace on boots. He also has on red goggles that serve the purpose of primarily style. When the weather gets cold, he will often put on his puffy blue jacket that has a furry hoodie.
Hometown: He is from Pallet Town, which is located in Kanto.
Personality: He is sociable when it comes to group interactions and gatherings, as he can be quite the attention seeker. He loves to get involved with hands on work, as he can be reckless at times. Even though his sarcasm has gotten him into trouble, he still gets his task done with passion.
Future Team: He plans on having a Dragonite, Vulpix, Beedrill, Ekans, Nidoqueen, along with his starter included.
Extra: N/A

Pokemon:
Species:
Squirtle
Nickname: N/A
Personality: He is very anxious around others, as he perfers to be secluded from the group. He has a hard time communicating with others, as he can be a crybaby at times. Even though his cowering nature makes him appear weak, his short temper is something that others should not underestimate.

RP Sample:
It was a rather sunny day in the Viridian Forest, as Eliot was walking with his Squirtle. The Squirtle nervously tucked on Eliot's leg; signaling him with abundant nervousness, as the trembling Squirtle wanted to turn around and head back home. The Squirtle quietly cried out to him, "Squirtle... Squirtle!"

Eliot heard the Squirtle's bawls, and knelt down to his small size, as he replied, "Squirtle, what's the matter?"

The Squirtle pointed at the other direction from where they walked in, as he said anxiously, "Squirt..."

Eliot said to the Squirtle while picking him up, "Okay Squirtle, I can see that you want to go back home, but try to enjoy the fresh outdoors here." The Squirtle squirmed in protest; crying about as his tail flailed with the singing winds. He continued to sob in Eliot's arms until he was dozing off minutes later from the smooth motions of Eliot's gentle stroking.

Last edited:
Okay, so about 30ish minutes ago, @BriefStar, a RPer whom I've worked with before, asked for the Squirtle spot. He had to leave before he could post his sheet. So @Charlespark, due to the situation, I'm going to allow a repeat on a starter, or instead you can go with a first stage Kanto Pokemon instead if you chose. I've worked with both of you and know that you both are good RPers, so that's why I'm allowing this. So with that cleared up.

Also @ThatDamnEmu, yes we will be going the same Kanto route, up until after Celadon. Then things ill be a little different, but not by a lot.

Hmm, well that's good to know. I'll take some time to think about this, and I'll be the one to change it here since he did technically beat me to it unknowingly. (If you see my character sheet changed by tommorow, then you know that I've picked a different Pokémon then. :3)

Sorry @MapleEevee, we just got max people. :'| Again Sorry. If there is an opening, or a new character could possibly be introduced, or something along those lines then I'll let you know. But at the moment, sorry. But congrats on message #999.

Also, I talked to @BriefStar, and he's gonna go with a Male Nidoran, so you can keep your Squirtle @Charlespark.

Oh umm... alright... I suppose that the roleplay will be created later since the slots are practically filled now.

*gulps at something that he just noticed*
Okay, thank god that I just barely fixed it before anyone noticed...

Last edited:
The Private thing. Oh that's just to show we won't accept any more participants. A lot of time in trainer RP's if there is a big group of trainers things go a little crazy.

Also the opening post will be up sometime tomorrow.

Name: Chase Young
Physical Apperance: Chase has spike jet black hair, bright yellow eyes, he is 5'5 pretty short for his age, he has an average build
Normal Clothing: He often wears a black leather jacket with fur around the collar ( basically the same thing Blue wears) with Tan colored cargo pants, a single strap white bookbag, black running shoes. When its hot he wears a white t-shirt with a red pokeball logo on the back, black cargo shorts, same shoes.
Hometown: Celadon City, Kanto
Personality: Chase is very cocky he believes that only the strongest pokemon are worth training (he has the same views as Paul when it comes to pokemon) he only befriends others that he view as strong weak people and pokemon are not worth his time. Some people that know him personally know he is a good kid as well as a hard worker that will spend countless hours training his pokemon.
Future Team: Nidoking, Crobat, Gyarados, Arcanine, Vileplume, Sneasel

Pokemon:
Species: Nidoran (Male)
Nickname: Apex
Personality: Strong willed, Apex enjoys the heat of battle he wants to be the pokemon that rains over all others. He cares deeply for his trainer wanting to make Chase's dream of being the strongest trainer a reality.

My sample:
Chase was getting packed to make his way toward Pallet Town to get all he needed from Professor Oak to start his journey. "Are you all packed for your trip Chase?" Chase mother asked him as she was standing in the doorway of his room. "Yeah just about" repiled Chase as he was packing the last of his equipment. He turns to his loyal Nidoran "Are you ready to help me leave my mark on the world partner" the small purple pokemon strongly nodded it's head as his trainer returns him to his pokeball.

Accepted. The thread is up. Also I changed my Nidoking to a Snorlax, due to the fact we already have a Nidoking and Nidoqueen being owned by somebody.

Just the heads up guys I will be having Chase catch random pokemon but my final team is still going to be the same. I'm making him have the same catching style as Paul with him only seeking the strongest pokemon he can find and releasing the weak ones.

I might possibly consider putting more information on some of Eliot's future Pokémon since some of them might be more like major characters possibly.

Also, since the battle is like the anime from what I have read, are we allowed to have our Pokémon use improvised moves? (Improvised moves are not official ones, rather they are moves that are quickly used in a pinch or in creativity.)

Example: Noibat sends out an echoing noise to echolocate the opponent in darkness, rather than hurting it.

Well, I suppose that there should be some limitations to things since I wouldn't want my Squirtle to be launching water that is heavily pressured at 200,000 PSI with the diameter of 1 inch at the opponent that is actually capable of leaving a mark in reality.

I am most likely not going to be implementing my custom moves since it makes things a lot complicated here. (Heck, some of them even inflict status conditions that aren't even official here.)

Well i just posted in there but I guess you guys already now that will I dont know what Ry will said but I dont think it is a set order the post besides no double posting.