• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS A new Platinum Team.

Alright i Decided that some pokemon should come out and be replaced so here they are i used a new pokemon team but with some of the old team.

Piloswine: Earthquake, Ice beam, Ice Shard, Take Down.
Male. Oblivious Ability.
Rash. Focus Sash.

Garchomp: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Slash, Swagger.
Male. Sand Veil Ability.
Hasty. Smooth Rock.

Togekiss: Wish, Sweet Kiss, Air Slash, Aura Sphere/Fly
Male. Hustle Ability.
Bold. Wide Lense.

Luxray: Thunder Fang, Attract, Charge, Fire Fang.
Male.Intimidate Ability.
Bashful. Quick Claw.

Empoleon:Surf, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Drill Peck
Male. Torrent Ability.
Naughty. Shell Bell

Roserade: Weather Ball/Aromatherapy, Petal Dance/Seed Bomb, Sunnyday, Synthesis.
Female. Poison Point ability.
Bashful. Heat Rock.

This is my team it looks good but any help is appreciated.
please. :-\

you should read the sticky about building solid teams ;/
dont use 2 damage moves of the same type unless they have certain different uses.

Do you use this team ingame or competetively? because items like quick claw arent allowed in most online games.

Some statbuff moves would be good too and I wouldnt play 100% sweeper. Someone will put a wall in your way and then you're screwed

Uhm what are Evs?

Uhm well i use this team Ingame cause i dont really compete that much, also what are Stab Moves ive heard that concept twice and i havent figured it out yet.

Ruko Edit
combined posts for clutter purposes

First things first. STAB explained here

Second of all: EVs -
What are EVs?

EVs are also known as Effort Values are obtained by defeating Pokemon. There are EVs for each stat. Depending on the Pokemon, it will give off different EVs. Now, the most a Pokemon can have in one stat is 255 and a grand total of 510. Every 4 EVs gives one more stat point, so the optimal amount should be divisible by four, so as to not waste extra EVs.

EV Training

The Vitamins give 10 EVs per use and you can only use Vitamins on one stat up to 10 times. Vitamins give an instant boost in your EVs, where as fighting for your EVs will be added after you level up a level. The vitamins only work if the EVs are under 91 because when the 10EVs are added, they must not exceed over 100.

The Macho Brace doubles the amount of EVs gained. The Pokerus also has the same effect as the Macho Brace. The Power Items give +4 EVs. Those give 4 EVs after every battle, regardless of what EVs you're getting, they still give 4 EVs to the item's corrisponding stat. Each Power Item gives off different EVs, so read carefully.

Also, if using the Exp. Share or you switch out, the Pokemon that is defeated will still get EVs.

The EV lowering Berries lower the EVs of a stat by 10 points if the total EVs is under 100. If the total EVs is over 100, a single berry would reduce it to 100 EVs. They're good for reseting the EVs of a Pokemon.

Now once you have 510 EVs, in Sunnyshore City or Slateport City, a woman will give you the Effort Ribbon once the Pokemon has 510 EVs.

Also, there is one way to EV train Level 100s. If you get 4 EVs in one stat, go to the PC and deposit the Pokemon and then withdraw it. The stats will be modified. The only downside is that it has to be done after every 4 EVs.

Thirdly: Basic Team Building
These are the basic guidelines for a competitive team, but can also be used for an in game team. In game teams are much more lax in following the rules but in general it is still a good idea to follow those guidelines.

Now... after all that, general look of the team. Most of the team will fair pretty well throughout the game. I would suggest however that you keep to more special attack type moves on Roserade considering its special attack stat is much higher than its attack. Maybe use Energy Ball as your STAB attack instead of Petal Dance or Seed Bomb. Maybe use a Heart Scale to get Fire Fang on Garchomp if you don't want to keep Swagger. And Togekiss definitely wants to have Air Slash and Aura Sphere, almost perfect coverage if I remember correctly. Too bad it doesn't have Serene Grace for Air Slash flinch hax. :3

Other than those things you have a fairly rounded team to run through the game with. If this is for competitive battling however, you need to tell us so we can give more appropriate advice. ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Uhm what are Evs?

[quote author=Seigfel link=topic=6197.msg103893#msg103893 date=1243738661]
Uhm well i use this team Ingame cause i dont really compete that much, also what are Stab Moves ive heard that concept twice and i havent figured it out yet.
[/quote]

Seigfel, double posting like this is against the rules. I also highly suggest you fix up your spelling and grammar, because right now it is abysmal.

Warned. I suggest you read the rules before posting again.