1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS A new Platinum Team.

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Seigfel, May 30, 2009.

1. Alright i Decided that some pokemon should come out and be replaced so here they are i used a new pokemon team but with some of the old team.

Piloswine: Earthquake, Ice beam, Ice Shard, Take Down.
    Male. Oblivious Ability.
    Rash. Focus Sash.

Garchomp: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Slash, Swagger.
    Male. Sand Veil Ability.
    Hasty. Smooth Rock.

Togekiss: Wish, Sweet Kiss, Air Slash, Aura Sphere/Fly
    Male. Hustle Ability.
    Bold. Wide Lense.

Luxray: Thunder Fang, Attract, Charge, Fire Fang.
    Male.Intimidate Ability.
    Bashful. Quick Claw.

Empoleon:Surf, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Drill Peck
    Male. Torrent Ability.
    Naughty. Shell Bell

Roserade: Weather Ball/Aromatherapy, Petal Dance/Seed Bomb, Sunnyday, Synthesis.
    Female. Poison Point ability.
    Bashful. Heat Rock.

This is my team it looks good but any help is appreciated.
    please. :-\

2. you should read the sticky about building solid teams ;/
    dont use 2 damage moves of the same type unless they have certain different uses.

Do you use this team ingame or competetively? because items like quick claw arent allowed in most online games.

Some statbuff moves would be good too and I wouldnt play 100% sweeper. Someone will put a wall in your way and then you're screwed

3. Uhm what are Evs?

Uhm well i use this team Ingame cause i dont really compete that much, also what are Stab Moves ive heard that concept twice and i havent figured it out yet.

Ruko Edit
    combined posts for clutter purposes

4. Well to be honest absolutely any team works in game.

STAB stands for Same Type Attack Bonus.

5. First things first. STAB explained here

Second of all: EVs -
    Thirdly: Basic Team Building
    These are the basic guidelines for a competitive team, but can also be used for an in game team. In game teams are much more lax in following the rules but in general it is still a good idea to follow those guidelines.

Now... after all that, general look of the team. Most of the team will fair pretty well throughout the game. I would suggest however that you keep to more special attack type moves on Roserade considering its special attack stat is much higher than its attack. Maybe use Energy Ball as your STAB attack instead of Petal Dance or Seed Bomb. Maybe use a Heart Scale to get Fire Fang on Garchomp if you don't want to keep Swagger. And Togekiss definitely wants to have Air Slash and Aura Sphere, almost perfect coverage if I remember correctly. Too bad it doesn't have Serene Grace for Air Slash flinch hax. :3

Other than those things you have a fairly rounded team to run through the game with. If this is for competitive battling however, you need to tell us so we can give more appropriate advice. ^^

6. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

[quote author=Seigfel link=topic=6197.msg103893#msg103893 date=1243738661]
    Uhm well i use this team Ingame cause i dont really compete that much, also what are Stab Moves ive heard that concept twice and i havent figured it out yet.
    [/quote]

Seigfel, double posting like this is against the rules. I also highly suggest you fix up your spelling and grammar, because right now it is abysmal.

Warned. I suggest you read the rules before posting again.