• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join "The New Order" - A Mystery Dungeon RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I just joined this site after looking around for places to look for new RP partners for this kind of thing. I had been trying to do Mystery Dungeon RPs with a few of my friends, but unfortunately they are eathier mostly uninterested or are far too busy.

I'm looking for a few partners, two at least, maybe 3, to RP a long term Mystery Dungeon adventure with. Preferably, I would like to use IM chats for this, but I'm not sure how this site handles this, or if it's okay to ask if I could move it to another service. Even if I use the chat here, all I ask of participants is they are commited and will take it at least relatively serious. Generally how I construct this is each player takes a turn with thier charactors action, and I will handle the enviorment. Any attacks and such have an effect on thier target that is determined by what I think will take something down based on what we already know about the target's stats. Anyhow, I assume a lot of this is standard here...

The plot I have in mind is very flexible, with multiple endings that can result from choices that players make. I like to think that I can make impromptu changes to the plot and rewrite everything if I have to well at least. There might be failure states that will set us back, but I don't think there ahould be a complete lose scenario. Really, it depends on whoever applies thinks.

Finally, if everything checks out here, I will disclose more about the general plot. For now I want to be sure I have everything in order. Thanks!

My dude, I’ve been looking for a long term rp to get myself into, just as a heads up I’m on my phone so the amount I thought I wrote may not be as much as expected but aside from that I should be able to do this!

God I feel like I’m trying to get a fancy high end job

I guess I should further explain the plot then since at least someone is interested, he he...

The plot is based off of the universe in where the mystery dungeon games had happened, or at least what Super Mystery Dungeon had done to bring the games together. Basically, the map and it's continents. Our story takes place on the Grass continent, a continent in the southern hemisphere. This is the one where Explorers of Sky was set. The events of the first games happened, however, they happened somewhat differently...

A singe rescue team had both saved the planet, and caused quite an upset in the balance of power. They had defeated an asteroid that was hurtling towards the planet through the use of the legendary Rayquaza, and where reguarded as heros. Years later however, they had some form of change in thier idealogy... They started to hunt down and destroy every single legendary. The team seemingly killed each of them, through means that are lost to time. It's still unknown why they did this. That was over 120 years ago.

Tales of the legendary Team Infinity where told. Many paint them as heroes, and many paint them as villains. What we do know is the power vacuum they left in nature itself seemed to disappear when the last legendary was gone.

Something changed in the intelegent pokemon left over after that day. Societies grew. Insted of one town of civilized pokemon in a tribal state, villages popped up around the globe. Soon enough, kingdoms rose to power, the most unified being that of the Grass Continent. This is where the adventure will start...

Our opening and orgins will adpat entirely to the charactors we create. All that has to happen is you will join a rescue team with the other players, and my own charactor who will be pretty much as much of the enviorment as everything else I write for this. Let me know what species you pick. Please start as something moderate, it doesn't have to be a starter from any MD game, but it also can't be strong. Let me know what you want, and I will simply say yes or no. Two absolute NOs however, are purely water reliant pokemon, as in they can only swim, and fliers who can do more than just hover off the ground. I will get all our players in first, then we will decide if we will have crossbreeds or not. Fakemon are something I would rather not have.

I am curious, Intrigued so to speak, I like your story already and you just arrived to the forums. Welcome. I might join this one and I will be lurking as time goes by......

Alright then. Whoever is willing to join, PM me your charactor bios to start out with. Don't post it here, I want you all to be geniune strangers in the RP as well. Tell me what species, ability, and starting moves you wanna go with. Pick anything you could up to level 5, and egg moves. Don't go too crazy and start out with somethig like psychic. (Note that some moves, especially status ones, might have different effects than in the games. You could use growl to create noise and attract attention as well as lower someone's guard) Then, tell me your upbringing, where you came from, and tell me if you have any goals.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hard veto on this one. The involvement of legendaries in the back story of this without receiving permission isn't acceptable. You should review our RP forum rules before attempting to start a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.