• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A New Adventure: The Sorevan Region!

SPOTS: 3
Welcome, would be Pokemon Masters! I am Professor Hawthorne. I am the leading expert on Pokemon here in the Sorevan Region, and I am here to give each of you a Pokemon to begin your journeys! Here in the Sorevan region, you may choose from a very wide array of starter Pokemon. Although Sorevan has no Pokemon unique to it, we do have access to just about every other Pokemon in the world! That gives us the name, the Region of Diversity. As a starter, you may choose any Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos starter Pokemon! This includes:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie

Take this Pokemon, along with your Pokedex, and go! That Pokedex will serve as your identification as an official registered trainer of the Pokemon League. Now, go, and start your quest! New friends will be waiting, and you'll have many fun adventures! Be careful!

Hello! Welcome to A New Adventure: Sorevan! I am starting a Pokemon RP and am looking for THREE trainers to join me! There are a few rules, in addition to the standard rules, that you must follow to join this roleplay!
1. No godmoding your Pokemon. All Pokemon have strengths and weaknesses, and if you never fail then it's no fun!
2. No psychic powers/being a Pokemon or anything else like that. This is a normal Pokemon journey, not Naruto!
3. Characters must be between 11 and 17 years old.
4. Please be literate.

To Sign Up, please message me the following character sheet. To begin, we only have our Starter Pokemon.

Name:
Personality:

Pokemon
Species:
Nickname: (not required)
Ability:
Moves:

Trainer Card, if you want.

Once we have our group of four, we can begin!

OH yeah, one more thing. Here is a list of major places, in order of when we will encounter them. I won't spoil the Gym Leaders or Elite Four, just know that they are OC's (mostly)

Breezeville Town (starting town)
Kaigan City (harbor town, 1st gym, Coast Badge)
Kaigan Bog (swamp-like area between Kaigan City and Taki Town)
Taki Town (small town on the outskirts of Kaigan Bog, 2nd gym, Mud Badge)
Molten Cave (cave with magma underneath, between Taki Town and Isogashi City)
Isogashi City (big city, 3rd gym, Venom Badge)
Isogashi Forest (a deep forest that connects Isogashi City, Panchi Town, and Victory Road)
Panchi Town (a small town that is home to the Monks of Sorevan, 4th gym, Discipline Badge)
Route 420 (a route that goes between Panchi Town and Hibachi City)
Hibachi City (a beautiful city home to the Hibachi Hotel and Sauna, the Safari Zone, and the 5th gym, Brazier Badge)
Gekijo Town (a town that is home to the Sorevan Theater, a huge theater used both for Pokemon Contests and actual theater)
Kosen City (the largest city in Sorevan, home to both the 6th and 7th gym, Darwin Badge and Carapace Badge respectively)
Mount Chikara (a tall mountain in the center of Sorevan)
Shinpi Town (a town built on the side of Mount Chikara, home to the 8th gym, Scry Badge)

My Sheet

Name: Leo Oscuro
Appearance: Messy black hair, dark blue eyes with glasses. Average height and weight. Wears a red blazer, black t-shirt, and jeans, along with a pair of headphones with Pokeballs on them.
Personality: Leo is as lazy as they come. He was born and raised in Johto, and only left for Sorevan when his parents kicked him out of the house so that he would finally do something. He specializes in Dark Types, but he's looking to catch some variety on this adventure.

Pokemon
Species: Totodile
Nickname: Ace
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Water Gun

;;:My Sheet:;;​

Name: James Lite (Nicknamed Neon for his bright personality)
Looks: Light blonde hair, icy yet warm blue eyes, a small nose, a sky blue hoodie with NEON inscribed upon it, white skinny jeans, and white trainers, relatively tall, standing at an even six feet.
Personality: Light and cheery, but becomes cold and deadly serious whe he sees anyone mistreating Pokémon
Future Team: Infernape, Milotic, Spiritomb, Glaceon, Roserade, Salamence

Species: Chimchar
Nickname: Kalo (a male version of the gorilla from Tarzan)
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Scratch, Mach Punch, Growl

Last edited:
Name: Omega Carvine
Appearance: White hair streaked with ginger strands that cover his brown right eye. Tall and athletic with elegant fingers for art. A yellow hoodie covers a black shirt. Black trousers lead to fairly worn down black sneakers. A black backpack hangs from his shoulders
Personality: Loyal, untrusting of new things, quiet.

Pokemon
Species: Mudkip (shiny)
Nickname: Muddy
Ability: Torrent (damp hidden)
Moves: Growl, tackle, water gun, Avalanche (egg move)
Future team: Swampert, Lucario, Talonflame, Luxray, Garchomp, Metagross.

SPOTS: 3
Welcome, would be Pokemon Masters! I am Professor Hawthorne. I am the leading expert on Pokemon here in the Sorevan Region, and I am here to give each of you a Pokemon to begin your journeys! Here in the Sorevan region, you may choose from a very wide array of starter Pokemon. Although Sorevan has no Pokemon unique to it, we do have access to just about every other Pokemon in the world! That gives us the name, the Region of Diversity. As a starter, you may choose any Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos starter Pokemon! This includes:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie

Take this Pokemon, along with your Pokedex, and go! That Pokedex will serve as your identification as an official registered trainer of the Pokemon League. Now, go, and start your quest! New friends will be waiting, and you'll have many fun adventures! Be careful!

Hello! Welcome to A New Adventure: Sorevan! I am starting a Pokemon RP and am looking for THREE trainers to join me! There are a few rules, in addition to the standard rules, that you must follow to join this roleplay!
1. No godmoding your Pokemon. All Pokemon have strengths and weaknesses, and if you never fail then it's no fun!
2. No psychic powers/being a Pokemon or anything else like that. This is a normal Pokemon journey, not Naruto!
3. Characters must be between 11 and 17 years old.
4. Please be literate.

To Sign Up, please message me the following character sheet. To begin, we only have our Starter Pokemon.

Name:
Personality:

Pokemon
Species:
Nickname: (not required)
Ability:
Moves:

Trainer Card, if you want.

Once we have our group of four, we can begin!

OH yeah, one more thing. Here is a list of major places, in order of when we will encounter them. I won't spoil the Gym Leaders or Elite Four, just know that they are OC's (mostly)

Breezeville Town (starting town)
Kaigan City (harbor town, 1st gym, Coast Badge)
Kaigan Bog (swamp-like area between Kaigan City and Taki Town)
Taki Town (small town on the outskirts of Kaigan Bog, 2nd gym, Mud Badge)
Molten Cave (cave with magma underneath, between Taki Town and Isogashi City)
Isogashi City (big city, 3rd gym, Venom Badge)
Isogashi Forest (a deep forest that connects Isogashi City, Panchi Town, and Victory Road)
Panchi Town (a small town that is home to the Monks of Sorevan, 4th gym, Discipline Badge)
Route 420 (a route that goes between Panchi Town and Hibachi City)
Hibachi City (a beautiful city home to the Hibachi Hotel and Sauna, the Safari Zone, and the 5th gym, Brazier Badge)
Gekijo Town (a town that is home to the Sorevan Theater, a huge theater used both for Pokemon Contests and actual theater)
Kosen City (the largest city in Sorevan, home to both the 6th and 7th gym, Darwin Badge and Carapace Badge respectively)
Mount Chikara (a tall mountain in the center of Sorevan)
Shinpi Town (a town built on the side of Mount Chikara, home to the 8th gym, Scry Badge)
Only one spot left now, I guess?

This RP needs some girl power... I'm in
Name: Carah Moore
Appearence: Dark skin and black hair usually braided. Dark brown eyes covered by big hipster glasses.
Wears a long beage coat and black leggins, along with short brown boots.
Personality: Charismatic, sassy and always making jokes to people. The kind of oerson who always wears a smile all the time.
But her humor isn't just funny; it can be really dark if she wants it too, she's not afraid to say the truth when necessary.
Highly curious and creative. Is into photography and writting, has a journal where she writes down everything about her pokemon travel.

Pokemon:
Species: Cyndaquil
Name: Plosh
Ability: Blaze
Moves: smokescreen, ember, defense curl, quick attack

Awesome getting pumped up thanks so much it's rly hard to find a fresh RP these days especially with all the websites for Pokemon RP shrivelling into the abyss we call the internet

Your welcome~
And don't worry, at least in this site (I haven't explored much about pokemon RP... there aren't so many in my mother language) RP's are constantly being open so I don't think you'll have to wait too long until you find a new one of your interest.

Cool that's reassuring seeing as I have tried to find a good website so many times before thank you for the follow by the way much appreciated :)

Okay so I asked StellarWindElsydeon and he says that it would be better if we started a new RP based on the same idea. I just thought that it would be nice doing so, here's a small idea of what I had in mind if you guys liked it:

X region (I still don't have any name) was a place unknown for the most of trainers, sad thing keeping in mind the enormous amount of pokemon it hosted. Therefore, the region didn't have any gyms or leagues, and a sadly low amount of of professors.

In an attempt to take advantage of the place potential, the region offers travelling grants to young promises from other regions that have possibilities to become great trainers and maximize the island pokemon activity. This grant covers a pokemon (starters from every region), a pokedex, a starting kit (certain number of potions and pokeballs) and free passes to every pokecenter installed so far. Also a inscription to the just opened Pokemon league.

Does that sound okay?

Okay so I asked StellarWindElsydeon and he says that it would be better if we started a new RP based on the same idea. I just thought that it would be nice doing so, here's a small idea of what I had in mind if you guys liked it:

X region (I still don't have any name) was a place unknown for the most of trainers, sad thing keeping in mind the enormous amount of pokemon it hosted. Therefore, the region didn't have any gyms or leagues, and a sadly low amount of of professors.

In an attempt to take advantage of the place potential, the region offers travelling grants to young promises from other regions that have possibilities to become great trainers and maximize the island pokemon activity. This grant covers a pokemon (starters from every region), a pokedex, a starting kit (certain number of potions and pokeballs) and free passes to every pokecenter installed so far. Also a inscription to the just opened Pokemon league.

Does that sound okay?
Sounds good and really interesting I like the idea of it being a relatively large yet untouched island with the pokécenters being more like pop up camp areas and not fully established buildings, as in like place holders until they construct the real buildings :)

Last edited:
Also just an idea what about the Galapos region as in like The Galápagos Islands which are a real chain of islands that have incredibly diverse wildlife and are relatively untouched