• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Mysterious Island DISCUSSION

RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-mysterious-island.19132/

I'm looking for peeps to join in an RP. The setting is an island that is seemingly abandoned, meaning there is evidence of past human habitation but no people to be found (at least at first). You can determine how you got to that island, stranded, expedition, vacation, etc. Please RP as a human with 1-3 pokemon.

NO legendary encounters, NO fakemon

TEMPLATE:

Name :
Clothing/Physical Appearance:
Region of Origin(optional):
Pokemon(optional, surprises are fun):

Name: Augusta
Clothing/Physical Appearance: Tall, fit, pixie hair cut dyed baby pink, green eyes. Wearing khaki cargo pants, green tank top, grey hiking boots, carrying brown satchel.

Last edited:
Name: Ran
Clothing/Physical Appearance: She's short only reaching 5'9", she has sky blue hair which she tied up in a bun and red eyes. She wears a hooded robe, shorts, thigh high socks, ankle boots and a small crown all of which were coloured in sky blue and various shades of light blue colours.

I gotta admit it took me a dang long time to have a perfect description of the her clothes which I failed, miserably, note it is Frilish based. But for a much better references

ADMIN EDIT: Use words to describe things. Using images that are not your creation or were not created specifically for you is not allowed by our rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's wait for more peeps. So how does this work? I mean what is the appearance of the island? Will there be new Pokémon or is there even a Pokémon in it?

Let's wait for more peeps. So how does this work? I mean what is the appearance of the island? Will there be new Pokémon or is there even a Pokémon in it?

Okeedoke! I was hoping the appearance of the island would be unraveled as we RP. For example, someone could note that they see a dense forest of pine trees and steep cliffs cutting off into the sea OR soft, slight sandy beaches leading up to a tropical rainforest OR a barren, volcanic island with strange rock formations. The island will probably have wild pokemon and will most definitely have abandoned human settlements (how ancient or recent is up to whoever sees them first in the RP).

I hope that isn't too confusing, I am VERY new to RP

Name: Ran
Clothing/Physical Appearance: She's short only reaching 5'9", she has sky blue hair which she tied up in a bun and red eyes. She wears a hooded robe, shorts, thigh high socks, ankle boots and a small crown all of which were coloured in sky blue and various shades of light blue colours.

I gotta admit it took me a dang long time to have a perfect description of the her clothes which I failed, miserably, note it is Frilish based. But for a much better references

ADMIN EDIT: Use words to describe things. Using images that are not your creation or were not created specifically for you is not allowed by our rules.
Admin edit??

Name : Christopher (Chris)
Clothing/Physical Appearance: Chris stands to six feet exactly and wears a P-Coat over a black and silver button up shirt. Normally he also wears slacks that are tied off with a black belt and black dress shoes to give off a more professional vibe. However, here he wears a ragged "Pika-Power" grey and yellow T-shirt and a pair of black joggers that are also slightly ragged but mostly intact. His shoes are black skate shoes and his black socks are slightly exposed since his joggers end at his ankles. For Christopher's hair, he has shaggy dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Due to his life in Alola, he has slightly tanned skin.
Region of Origin(optional): Johto
Pokemon(optional, surprises are fun): Caterpie, Eevee.

oh oh id love to join ! sounds interesting enough.

Name: Billie

Clothing/Physical appearrance: Billie has shoulder length, straight, black hair and soft, green eyes. She wears a black tank top and moss green pants, comfortable boots, and a large backpack that contains all things she needs for an exploration of an island, such as food and water for her and her Pokemon. She's relatively short, coming at about 5'6, but is tough.

Region of origin: Johto

Pokemon: Lapras and Aipom

Anyway, should I write what brings her to the island here, or should that be revealed (that makes it sound exciting - it'll probably end up being out of Sheer curiousity though) in the rp ?

oh oh id love to join ! sounds interesting enough.

Name: Billie

Clothing/Physical appearrance: Billie has shoulder length, straight, black hair and soft, green eyes. She wears a black tank top and moss green pants, comfortable boots, and a large backpack that contains all things she needs for an exploration of an island, such as food and water for her and her Pokemon. She's relatively short, coming at about 5'6, but is tough.

Region of origin: Johto

Pokemon: Lapras and Aipom

Anyway, should I write what brings her to the island here, or should that be revealed (that makes it sound exciting - it'll probably end up being out of Sheer curiousity though) in the rp ?

Go ahead and introduce your reason for being on the island in the RP :)

This looks fun. I'll join you guys.
Name: Ray
Clothing/Physical Appearance: Wearing red sneakers, a gray sweater, green sweatpants and a camo backpack that's way too big for him. Short for his age, short brown hair, dark green eyes.
Region of Origin: Johto

Well, after exploring Alola for some time, Billie heard mentions of the mysterious island, and chose to see it for herself. She thought an island without humans would probably be thriving in all it's natural glory and wanted to see it first hand. But Billie also didn't disregard the myths of a civilasation being present there, and discovering it sounded equally exciting. Yeah, that would be it.

Why is everyone saying 5'6 or taller is short or relatively short? XD most tall people are 5'8 or 5'9
Height is relative depending on who you compare. 5'6 vs 6' would end up being short and tall, but 4'11 and 5'6 would be the same, except 5'6 is taller in this case. And it also depends on the country, which I think plays into what we think is tall and short (where I live, 5'6 is considered short (people here are actual giants I), but in some other places, it's tall, that's why I said relatively haha. It's a pretty avreage height though).

Y

Yifun618

Name : Emma Corningstone
Clothing/Physical Appearance: Brownish hair that goes down to her elbows, 5'8'', wears a light blue tank top and white shorts, carries around a plain white backpack that holds all her gear, blue eyes, sometimes wears a wide brimmed white hat with a blue flower in the brim
Region of Origin(optional): Alola (used to tropical settings)
Pokemon(optional, surprises are fun): Capri (Male Eevee) , Kay (Male Seel), Vera (Female Kanto Vulpix)

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Name: Kyle Winds
Clothing/Physical Appearance: A guy standing 5,9 having black hair and gray eyes. This dude wears a white shirt and blue forms jeans, also carrying black backpack.
Region of Origin(optional): Hoenn
Pokemon(optional, surprises are fun): Treecko, Infernape, Dewott

Imma send this just in case

Y

Yifun618

Is it alright if I hop in? I think it’d be easiest to jump in the rp early (maybe meet up with the group on day two) rather than later. I already posted my character sheet :)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Hey I am a bit late, but I read the whole RP, so I'm good.

Name : James
Clothing/Physical Appearance: James's skin is fairly pale, his hair is dirty-blonde-ish, and his eyes are green. He stands at about 6'1" which is taller than average (for his age.). James wears just any t-shirt really, and shorts because he really doesn't care how he looks, plus he didn't ever get cold.
Region of Origin(optional): Kalos
Pokemon: Froakie (Bubbles)

OK, all new trainers! It is now day 2 on the island, Isla Perdue, and so far we have a pokemon researcher and two castaways camping out together on the beach. The island has not been explored and no wild pokemon have been spotted. If you would like to jump in, please make yourself seen as we explore the island today. We will be coming across some ruins today. Were you a stranded researcher? A vacationing trainer? A local who calls the island home?