• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Look Back At 2011

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
We’re standing at the dawn of 2012. With that in mind let’s take a look back at the biggest events in Pokémon over the past 12 months.

Read More

Re: Look Back At 2011

I'm thinking 2012 is going to be a big year for Nintendo more big name titles are coming out for the 3DS like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing 3D.

I think this year is going to be quite busy for the Pokemon series we have the Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition we should be seeing more details of a main series game coming out and Mystery Dungeon and Ranger news should be imminent. I think we will be seeing some updates to Pokedex 3D aswell.

There is also Pokepark 2 to look forward to and I'm going to keep with my gut feeling and say we will either have news or we will actually get some news of some other side games, I think one of these will be a 3rd Pokemon Pinball installment (Previous 2 both on odd numbered generations) and maybe a 3DS version of Pokemon Ranch or a 5th Generation Battle Revolution. We also have a 4th Super Smash Bros game coming out which will presumably see the return of Pikachu and perhaps we could see Zoroark replace Lucario, also we should be seeing some more Pokemon songs, stages, trophies/stickers and pokeballs implemented. I'm personally looking forward to the next installation in the Super Smash Bros series.

In anime terms we have the 15th movie in July and presumably a Keldeo event to follow and perhaps a Kyurem with the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. I'm hoping those Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes eventually get released I was really looking forward to them. The anime seems to speeding along Japan are already have the 5th gym badge which could signify either a BW Battle Frontier or a return to Hoenn or even the end of the anime.

But any way you look at 2012 you know its going to be eventful

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Rileyixx said:
I'm thinking 2012 is going to be a big year for Nintendo more big name titles are coming out for the 3DS like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing 3D.

Not only that be we will hopefully see the release of the Wii U near the end of the year too. Hopefully the 3DS takes off a lot more then it did last year.

I think this year is going to be quite busy for the Pokemon series we have the Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition we should be seeing more details of a main series game coming out and Mystery Dungeon and Ranger news should be imminent. I think we will be seeing some updates to Pokedex 3D aswell.

I agree. This year should see Pokemon Grey announced and released in Japan, as for Ranger and Mystery Dungeon I'm not sure how likely that is. I'd like to see new spin-off ideas like Super Pokemon Rumble was.

There is also Pokepark 2 to look forward to and I'm going to keep with my gut feeling and say we will either have news or we will actually get some news of some other side games, I think one of these will be a 3rd Pokemon Pinball installment (Previous 2 both on odd numbered generations) and maybe a 3DS version of Pokemon Ranch or a 5th Generation Battle Revolution. We also have a 4th Super Smash Bros game coming out which will presumably see the return of Pikachu and perhaps we could see Zoroark replace Lucario, also we should be seeing some more Pokemon songs, stages, trophies/stickers and pokeballs implemented. I'm personally looking forward to the next installation in the Super Smash Bros series.

I hope we do. It wouldn't be an interesting year without some crazy Pokemon spin off. I think a 5th generation battler will be next year though. Really, for it to last it'd have to be for the Wii U. With that not getting released until after July I'm not building my hopes up too much for a release this year. Maybe a Christmas announcement might happen.

In anime terms we have the 15th movie in July and presumably a Keldeo event to follow and perhaps a Kyurem with the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. I'm hoping those Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes eventually get released I was really looking forward to them. The anime seems to speeding along Japan are already have the 5th gym badge which could signify either a BW Battle Frontier or a return to Hoenn or even the end of the anime.

But any way you look at 2012 you know its going to be eventful

It's fair to say Keldeo is very likely to happen. I'm thinking the anime will start to drag in Japan soon, it might get pulled into a really big storyline to do with Team Plasma to tie in with Grey or something. Or maybe they'll make the Unova League episodes last longer to drag it out as well. I don't see the anime ending, I'd cry if they killed it. xD

But yes it will be very exciting times.

Its refreshing to see the anime move quickly after we spent 4 years and 190 eps in Sinnoh. Thankfully it won't be as long as Johto was either.

I can see Unova being roughly Hoenn's length which would mean it won't be too long or too short. I do wonder if this means the end of Iris or Cilan in the anime sooner rather than later.

They could always replace Iris with Hilda.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

precita said:
Its refreshing to see the anime move quickly after we spent 4 years and 190 eps in Sinnoh. Thankfully it won't be as long as Johto was either.

I can see Unova being roughly Hoenn's length which would mean it won't be too long or too short. I do wonder if this means the end of Iris or Cilan in the anime sooner rather than later.

They could always replace Iris with Hilda.

I think Iris and Cilan will continue on with Ash when he goes wherever they send him next.

Could be. Iris isn't a game protagonist so the writers don't have to keep her the entire generation. She's also getting very little screentime in the series and has no role past the 8th Gym.

I feel like Iris was an experiment to try something different this time around, but I can't see a quest less female character who rarely battles and doesn't compete much to last for over 200 eps. Cilan getting better screentime than her is notable, and he's being much more heavily promoted.

*whistles*

Wow. Looking back at it, boy, did this year fly. Isn't that weird about time? Living it goes by so quickly, but looking back, you somehow manage to add it all up to 'a lot.' 'A lot' of Pokemon stuffs, too. It has been a year of great change for Pokemon.