• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Kalos Mystery (RP DISCUSSION)

The Kalos Mystery, you ask? Okay then...

You see, it happened a couple years ago. Kalos was completely peaceful. But... something happened. Nobody knows what. Pokemon were becoming vicious, rabid creatures with no mercy to attack somebody.

People were getting injured by these suddenly monstrous Pokemon every day. There was no way to stop the crazy creatures once they begun attacking you, you'd just have to be quick to get away. Stores have shut, buildings like hotels and gyms have been closed forever, and even some buildings have been taken over by these crazy rabid Pokemon.

Scientists have not been able to find a way to find out what caused these once peaceful creatures to go insane. That's why they called on you. A group of six people to go out there and capture some rabid creatures. It involved a lot of skill and courage. It took the scientists ages to gather up the six people that wouldn't drop out of the task after a little while.

Your job is to catch a rabid Pokemon of every type you are assigned. Each person is assigned three different types, and must catch a rabid Pokemon of each of those types. This is because scientists think different rabid Pokemon have been triggered to be rabid by something different for each Pokemon type.

However, there are some deeper mysteries. There seems to be more Dragon type Pokemon than all the other types. Fairy type rabid Pokemon are the least uncommon out of all the types. And for some reason, multi-type Pokemon, Pokemon with two types (etc, Rowlet is a Flying and Grass type.) have not been affected at all from this rabid Pokemon infection. Not a single two-type rabid Pokemon has been seen.

Also... you have to be extremely cautious when you find a rabid Pokemon. They will lunge for you at sight and start trying to scratch you and kick and punch you... but the worst is their bite. Each rabid Pokemon has been infected with large, venomous fangs. If you get bitten by these horribly, near deadly bites... it is not clear what happens, but you will pass out and be quickly infected with the rabid Pokemon curse. What happens after this is unknown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES
1) No cussing.
2) Your character may not have any Pokemon when they start off.
3) Two characters per person.
4) All OOC posts and character bio's in the discussion thread.
5) For this roleplay I would like average replies. No two or three liners. It would be great if you wrote every reply as long as my starting post, but that can be impossible depending on what you're replying to. I ask for a minimum of four lines. I'm sorry for this harsh expectation but I'm kinda fed up of reading good roleplays but that end up with three or two liners and hardly any detail. I hope this will be a good roleplay.
6) Every character must start a distance away from Lumiose city. The first part of the roleplay is getting there, to the scientists building.
7) No being Pokemon.
8 ) No Fakemon either.
9) Don't make any ridiculous things happen.
10) Don't make anything that wouldn't happen in real life happen. (etc, somebody random randomly runs up to somebody. "Can you be my friend?!" they say. "Yes!" then they're both best friends forever!) Yeah, no.
11) Your character does not get to Lumiose City and the scientist building in one or two posts.
12) Your character does NOT find a rabid Pokemon right as they go out the scientist building after being told all the information and is NOT able to catch it straight away. It will take the kids weeks to get the 18 different type rabid Pokemon they need.
13) Every character is required to be 16+ years of age. I mean, they ARE fighting wild rabid crazy Pokemon who could almost kill you if you got bitten by their infected fangs.
14) You don't have to be accepted to start roleplaying!
15) Enjoy!!
16) From now on put "Chocolate Rowlet" in italics and speech marks in your character's name so I know you read the rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RP Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-kalos-pokemon-mystery-rp.18175/

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE 1
As rule five states, its a minimum of five lines for every post. Please also have good grammar, spelling and punctuation. If you don't write enough lines or have good English excessively, I'm afraid you may have to be kicked from this roleplay.

NOTE 2
We have five out of six characters for this roleplay! When we have the last character this roleplay will be closed to anymore people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY CHARACTER
Name:
Nichole Russels

BEEPLETTUCEBEE'S CHARACTER
Name: Xonak

SEMPER LUVENIS'S CHARACTER
Name: Zeph Rivers

9012_DIRT'S CHARACTER
Name: Lyle Fawn

LEGENDTHEEJ6427'S CHARACTER

Name: Serigo

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, forgot something. Your character is accepted! ^^

And yes, extensive character sheet I know... :'| I don't like to reveal character's full personality and past and stuff before the roleplay even begins. I like to learn about the characters through the roleplay! ^^

Also, added:

Also... you have to be extremely cautious when you find a rabid Pokemon. They will lunge for you at sight and start trying to scratch you and kick and punch you... but the worst is their bite. Each rabid Pokemon has been infected with large, venomous fangs. If you get bitten by these horribly, near deadly bites... it is not clear what happens, but you will pass out and be quickly infected with the rabid Pokemon curse. What happens after this is unknown.

Um... no. Sorry... I mean, a five year old trying to catch a wild vicious nearly deadly rabid Pokemon isn't going to go very well, and somebody who is five would not be hired to do this task...

Oh! heh, sorry. I'll not use it. Fluffles is a Metagross. I was just planning to ride it, anyway.
I'm just breaking the rules all over the place. I only read the longer ones, because uhhhhhh.
Just... change my age to 16 i guess. Not doing it on the character sheet, cuz i'm lazy.

I mean, society seems to have collapsed, so basic weapons (bow, knife, axe) are still aquireable and can be used for self defense against rabids as well as for survival purposes (cutting down trees, hunting for food, etc.).

That's not exactly the case though, Pokemon is a bit more advanced than we are today. Not to mention this roleplay is set around ten years after Ash Ketchum went to Kalos. Basic weapons could be used against rabids though, however it depends what they are. They're vicious creatures and very powerful, probably more powerful than a pseudo-legendary like Dragonite or Garchomp for example, and if you attack it with a knife it could probably eat it in a couple bites and a swallow.

This roleplay isn't doing to well, is it? Huh... I will adjust the rules a bit. I may have been a bit too harsh with the minimum lines and other things. Also adding every character to the first post. Will also edit my post in the roleplay to make it a bit longer. I hope this roleplay doesn't die before it has even started...

sSoul

Previously Swirled
*looks at this photograph of an RP Owo
Name: Serigo
Also is it possible to take a feral Pokemon

I think I might just randomize the Pokemon types assigned to us to make it fair. And what do you mean by taking a rabid Pokemon? Catching them and keeping them? Well, they're gonna be caught by them and taken to the scientists to examine them to try and find out the cause of what made the Pokemon rabid.

And thanks for replying @9012_dirt ! :D

sSoul

Previously Swirled
That makes sense but if the scientists find a cure for the rabid Pokemon does that mean whomever originally caught it gets to keep it?

Nope! :D And now this roleplay is closed! :) We have six people!

But there's some issues with your character.

You didn't read the rules for one.

There is a special word.

And your character is twelve.

Read the rules please.

Okay, your character is fine now. ^^ Did you actually read the rules this time though? The fact that you made your character twelve in the first place suggests you didn't read any of the post, to be honest with you.

I don't think you read anything in the first post if you made your character twelve when these are people being hired by scientists to hunt down wild, vicious rabid Pokemon that can bite them and nearly kill them...