• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Sinnoh Journey

Simple side-RP I decided to start. Based off an unstarted RP.
This obviously takes place in Sinnoh. All of the gym leaders are the same, except the first two gym leaders are replaced with Kent (Dark) and Kelly (Middle Evolution Pokemon only).

Team Galactic now Team G2, coming back for revenge.

You can get the Sinnoh starters, or catch a Pokemon, or one from your past life.

Also, this is optional, but I would prefer if you made a short character bio.
Don't give away too much! This will simply tell us a bit about your character.
Ex:
Name: Andromeda Kress (obvs)
Nickname (optional): Medy, Dromy (hates being called that), WaterKress (nickname bullies christened on her)
Appearance: Stocky build and slightly toned muscles from climbing trees and other places to hide from bullies. Latina with tan skin, brown eyes, and brown hair. She often wears faded tees, denim flannel, or simple longsleeved shirts, all paint splattered, as well as white, gray, black, or blue leggings. Andromeda usually throws on vans and is done.
Personality: Fades into the background. Usually that friend who sits at the corner of your lunch table and draws, or is your second choice for a partner in group activities. Quiet, and when she speaks, it's a combination of stutters that vaguely sound like words.

Andromeda was going to get her Pokedex today and start on her travels. She had saved up for 2 years for this very trip. The group of people who also took this journey were around the same age as her, so she wasn't nervous.

This was a small group of people who started their Pokemon journey late, for several different reasons. Either way it didn't matter, she'd been dying to get out of Dewford, even if it meant working long shifts as a dishwasher for this one journey.

Andromeda traveled for 12 hours on a long, dull plane ride in between some fat man and a somehow fatter one, so her leg room was non existent and the kid behind her was demolishing her seat, kicking to his hearts content.

But she was ready.

"Chinchou!" Her Chinchou leapt out of bed, happy to see her owner awake.

"Hey, girl." Shimmery the Chinchou (she was 10 when she named her, shut up!) nuzzled her arms lightly.

Last edited:
Name: Josuke Higashikata
Nickname: Jojo
Appearance: a slim but built body, he has light blue eyes and dark blue hair, styled like a pompadour. He wears a purple school uniform with gold buttons and gold emblems for a peace sign, an anchor, and a heart. His shoes are golden as well.
Personality: a kind hearted individual who fights for his friends. He seems to be upset somewhat easily, however.

Josuke woke up to his mom calling him for breakfast. He ran downstairs, and quickly ate the pancakes and bacon. He went to the bathroom and did his hair for a solid 20 minutes, making sure it was perfect. On his way out he grabbed his bag he had left sitting on the counter, and inside it was his pokemon. After hanging out with his friends for a while and going out to see mikitaka who lived a bit out of town, he got on the bus and headed to his destination. Today was the day he would begin his journey, as a certified pokemon trainer.

Last edited:
Andromeda leapt out of Sandgem Hotel, checking out and ready to go. She threw on a t-shirt and leggings and brushed her hair.

Andromeda obviously already had a few Pokemon. Her Chinchou, Shimmery, and Katey the Sandshrew. But she really wasn't too experienced. A Pokedex would be helpful.

She ran into Professor Rowan's lab.
"H-hey... I'm-I'm here for the late Pokemon journey group-uh, right?" Andromeda said, looking at her feet.

As the bus was about to pull up to his stop, Josuke pulled on the yellow wire. He got off the bus, and looked around him. So, this is Sandgem Town? He thought to himself, walking down the street. He opened his bag and pulled out a map, and followed it to a place called Rowan's lab. He opened the door, and only found a few people inside. "Excuse me!" Josuke said, posing as he entered "Is this the place where I get my pokedex?"

Name: Launa Johnson
Nickname: None
Age 16
Appearance: DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER. The only thing more irritating than breaking the rules is trying to use a technical loophole.
Blond Hair with twin short pigtails. Blue and white striped tank top with a brown skirt and black high boots
Personality: Happy and Cheerful

Launa ran as fast as she could leaving a trail of dust behind her. "Outta my way, Outta my way, Outta my Way!" She busted in the door and made a loud slam on the door. "I'm here for my starter." "Please don't tell me I am late" said Launa out of breath. " I'd also like a poke Dex".

Last edited:
Name: James Freeman
Nickname: Freeman
Appearance: 6'2'' tall with an average build, wavy brown hair (Because it hardly stays in place) and beautiful brown eyes, constantly wearing casual clothes no matter where he is.
Personality: Kind hearted and doesn't hold grudges, won't pick a fight unless you pick one with him or those close to him, quick to try and form strategies rather than use brute force.

Freeman was on his daily run when he got a call, he stops and looks at his phone. It's his families Pokemon caretaker, he comes from a rather wealthy family, and he answers.

The caretaker, whose name is Amelia Writ and is a short blonde lady in her 30's and also one of the only people who call Freeman James, starts talking fast and almost yelling into the phone, "James! Hurry home quick! The egg that the professor gave you is about to hatch and you should be here since it will be your first Pokemon after all! Also, the professor said that it would help with bonding between the two of you if you were the first one it saw rather than me."

Freeman broke out in a sprint and was at his house in about 30 seconds, he rushed to the incubation room, where it was being kept, and realized his caretaker was right because it had hatched as he entered the room panting and holding his knees. He pulled out his Pokedex and read the name aloud: Riolu.

He drove 30 minutes to Professor Rowan's lab in Sandgem, as he was assigned to do when the egg hatched. He hoped he would make it on time, as today was the day that other new trainers would get there first Pokemon.

He looks over and notices his rival from birth, Blue Jr., holding a Gible, which is the pre-evolution of JAMES's favourite Pokemon, with a smug look on his face as he raced by leaving a cloud of dust behind him.

Last edited:
[Sorry for bad english]

Name: Zen Yamahashi
Nickname: None (just Zen)
Appareance: Neither very thin but not very marked (come on, normal), He has amber eyes, black hair, pale skin, a green shirt, an open black jacket, gray pants, red sportswear and a gray backpack.
Personality: He is intelligent, sympathetic, resentful and sometimes gossipy. He will do anything to save his friends.

Zen was awakened by the annoying sound of his alarm clock, but instead of breaking it as he usually does, he went to do his physiological needs in the bathroom without wasting time. Finally he had an official pokémon trainer license!
After finishing, he ran to eat his cereal each day, when he finished kissing his mother on the cheek and ran to find himself in front of Professor Rowan's laboratory (yes, he live in Sandgem Town).
Decided, he entered to observe a clean environment, and in the background the teacher next to some pokéball in capsules.
"Uhm, I hope it's on time ... I really do not want to miss this again," he said.
Professor Rowan kindly gave him the PokéDex and some pokéball. After that, he asked him to choose his starting Pokémon.
Looking at each, he finally made his choice clear.
"I want this girl, I'll call her Kame," he said, pointing to a female Turtwig.

Last edited:
Freeman arrived at the lab just as 2 others showed up to and 2 others were already in talking about how they got here, favourite Pokemon, and other things along those lines. When he entered the lab Zen looked over and Andromeda didn't notice since she was busy with Zens Turtwig, Kame. "Is that a Riolu? I've always wanted one but never seen one in person" Zen says

The other trainers that were outside entered and were talking to Professor Rowan
At that moment Blue Jr. came out from another room, "Well, well, well what do we have here? Just a wimpy twerp and his wimpier Pokemon. Hah! You should have just stayed home, I'm gonna complete Professor Rowans task first and he probably didn't even need you here, he just sent you here out of pity and respect to your father."

That time Blue went too far, he knew that James's dad, Red, disappeared after attempting to control a wild Pokemon, not from this planet, that was being controlled by an evil gang, and that just because his dad was a great trainer didn't mean that James wasn't worthy of trying. So he just disregarded his comment and sat down near Zen and Andromeda as they all waited for everyone to get there starters and hear what Professor Rowan had to say.

Last edited:
"Wow, this is so boring..." -he said- "and if we introduce ourselves? My name is Zen Yamahashi. I currently live here with my mother July, while my father, Koga , is a gym leader in Kanto, now ... what if you tell me about you?"

Last edited:
"yea this isn't the most interesting place in the region" James replied "Anyways my name is James and my middle name is Freeman so that's what people call me but I'm fine with both, my dad was Red champion of Kanto who disappeared not long ago, many people said he died but I refuse to believe that! He left behind 2 kids, a wife, and the fortune he gathered as a trainer and champion. That over there is Blue Jr., his dad is Blue and he was spoiled rotten so he's a snob now, my advice is to stay out of his way but don't let him push you around."

Last edited:
"What?! My father used to tell me about a trainer he once fought called Red, said he was stronger than any trainer he had ever seen... but... where is he now?"

"I don't know all that there is of where he is or what happened to him, there are rumours that he died in a battle with a deadly Pokemon created by an organization in Johto, somewhere called Mt. Silver"

"Now, of course, I do still believe my father is still alive and once I'm strong enough I'm gonna journey up to Mt. Silver to look for him, but that'll have to wait for after I accomplish my mission here in Sinnoh, because if I can't beat the Elite 4 then what chance do I have at finding him" James replies, the other trainers still appeared rather busy and one was even napping, by the time this whole ordeal was done he could've beat the first 2 gyms, but he had to wait. Blue was nowhere to be seen and that wasn't a shock really, he always hides or sneaks away.
(Is this gonna be like Pokemon Adventures?)

Last edited:
"Man, that's a lot of people." Josuke said as more and more people entered the lab. He went over to two people who were talking. "Are you here to get your pokedexes, too?" He asked the boys, rubbing the back of his head as he walked up to them. "I don't know what's taking the proffesor so long, but I want to get some badges."

"There sure are a lot of people, I can't believe it got this full so fast," James said still holding his new best friend that he decided to call Zenn "and yea I'm here for my Pokedex too. I'm ready to start my journey and get all the badges! I know I can do it!"

Just as James said that a person turned and entered the main part of the lab that they were in, "Hah! I wouldn't bet on it! After all, my dad is the champion of Kanto now, and yours well he's gone and that's how it'll stay. You'll never know what hit ya once I beat you so hard in a battle you'll go back home crying to your mommy! Smell ya later, twerp!"

Arghh that Blue, always thinks he's so tough James thought to himself He won't be talkin' smack after we battle, then he'll see just how good he is. I'm gonna catch all the different types of Pokemon in Sinnoh and show Blue who's boss!

"Do you know what Professor Rowan wants to tell us? I really want to train Kame and capture new pokémon" he said.
Suddenly, an Eevee enters running to the Laboratory and jumps into the arms of Zen.
"Huh? Cookie? What are you doing here?"
After that, the Zen's mother enters the laboratory, very tired.
"Sorry! When Cookie woke up and saw that you were not, he just run all over the town, I think he wants to accompany you on your adventure" Said Zen's mother
"Huh, that's truth, Cookie?"
"Eevee!" said Cookie in an affirmation accent.
"Cool!" said Zen, then throw a pokéball in which Cookie did not resist "Perfect, now i have two pokémon!"

"Wow that Eevee must really like you a lot, I wonder what my next Pokemon will be, after all, you already have 2 and we haven't even started our journey," James said with a chuckle of laughter "I hope that there won't be too much trouble on our adventures"

James scanned the room for a little before turning to Zen and asking with a smile "Do you mind if I accompany you on our journeys? It's fine if you say no." James waited for a response and in truth, he didn't mind if Zen said no, James would feel the same as he had before the question was asked.

"Well ... it would be nice to have a partner and face challenges together, come on ... I accept!" said Zen with a smile.
"So... why do not we let our pokémons get to know each other? Come out, Kame, Cookie!" Zen said taking out his pokémon.

Last edited:
"Well, that's great how about you and I battle? a little 1v1? My Rirolu might only be level 2 but it does know 3 egg moves- Blaze Kick, Crunch, and Bullet Punch, as well as a level one move- Endure. So how 'bout it?"

Well... my Turtwig barely knows Tackle and Withdraw ... but my Eevee knows Covet, Tackle, Sand Attack and a move he learned for an MT, I think it's Dig. Okay, let's do this!

"OK...hmmm... now then I'll have to borrow one of the other trainers Pokemon for a 2v2 so if you're down for just a 1v1 that'll be better" James froze for a second "Wait I might be able to access my families personal PC and use a lower level Pokemon perhaps a Buizel with quick attack, Mud Slap, Growl, and Sonic Boom, lemme go and get it real quick" James grew up around his mom who has a southern accent so at times he speaks in a country accent.

James goes to the PC and pulled out a Buizel, "Ok let's do this!" James said with a smile on his face ready for one of his first trainer battles ever.
Since James's family could afford it he had gotten private training and knew how to use tactics, still Zen looked like he knew what he was doing so he wasn't gonna underestimate him Let's do this! he thought to himself.

"I choose you! Go Riolu! Go Buizel!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Quick Buizel Sonic boom on the Turtwig! Eon quick use Bullet Punch on the Eevee! Keep using Bullet Punch and try and avoid whatever comes your way, remember you and Buizel are a team!" James commanded

Buizel was hit by one of the tackles but being a quick Pokemon she used Mud-Slap half a second after her trainer commanded her and used it just as Kame was about to use another tackle.

Eon was having trouble figuring out where the Eevee was going to pop out of next because it kept flying out and going right back into the ground, "Eon! Use Blaze kick on the Turtwig now and draw the Eevee's attention over there!"

"Riolu, use blaze kick on the sand!" As he did that tiny glass-like shards fell to the ground "Run around all over the place! Use your speed to your advantage! Ok, NOW! Use Bullet Punch on the Eevee when it pops up again and keep running to build momentum!"

"Buizel quick attack and run around with Eon, aim a mud-slap at Kame!"

"Kame, protect yourself in your shell and spin as fast as you can to attack Riolu and Buizel! Cookie, use Sand Attack on both, then both of you use Tackle!"

Buizel attempts to dodge but gets hit by the sand attack while Riolu has learned to blaze kick it, "Quick use Mud Slap on the Turtwig and make sure to hit fire one after another, just because your accuracy was lowered doesn't mean they'll all miss if they're on target, do this while it's in the shell! Aim for the inside of it and Eon you use Blaze kick on it if it tries to get out!"

"Kame, spin as fast as you can to evade the attack and then use Tackle without leaving your shell! Cookie, get out of the ground and use Tackle on Riolu!"
Kame turned so fast to get back the Mud Slap which affected Buizel, and then tackled him with all his might. Cookie quickly left the ground evading the attack and then tackled Riolu.

Riolu dodges the Eevee's tackle, being faster, and charges up a downward Blaze kick so it can't dig its way out" Ok now Buizel quickly go up behind the Eevee and use mud slap, remember only target the enemy's!" James said since he'd had issues in the past when in school where his Pokemon would start hitting each other.

Eevee managed to dodge the Mud Slap and counterattacked with Covet (but failed to steal anything).
"Cookie, now use Helping Hand in Turtwig to boost his attack, then use Tackle again and again in Buizel and do not let him do anything! Kame, use Tackle while you spin inside your shell in Riolu, dodge his attacks! "

(Did the Blaze Kick hit Eevee? Just wonderin' c; )
"Riolu run in front of the Turtwig and use Blaze Kick! Buizel, use growl after every helping hand and attack both of them with a SonicBoom! If the Eevee tries to gid its way out quickly use mud slap!"

( OOC: @Azuru can we please continue the story soon? )

( BIC: ) "Man, I just want to get out of here." Josuke wandered about the lab, looking for something to do. He eventually pulled out his pokemon team: a Ralts, a Machop, and a Whismur. He checked on them, and decided to leave them out of their pokeballs. He took out his pokecharms and started playing games on it, realizing there isn't much to do while he waits for the proffesor.

Last edited:
(i forget that :p)
As much resistance as he put, the attack was very effective against Kame and ended fainted.
"No, Kame! Holy Arceus ... Eevee, use Sand Attack repeatedly on both and then use Tackle again and again in Buizel!"

At this point, Buizel's accuracy was practically non-existent so even though she was at point-blank range the mud slap that James commanded ended up missing.

"Come on Buizel! Ok, come on Eon use Crunch on the Eevee and Buizel try and use Sonic Boom again!" Commanded James hoping it would have some sort of effect.

"Eevee, avoid the attacks!"
Eevee's efforts were in vain, and he could not dodge the attacks so he ended up fainting.
"Damn, okay, good fight!" Zen said, returning Eevee to his pokéball.
(I do not want this to be infinite xD)

(xD no prob lol I was setting you up to at least faint my Buizel lol)

"That fight cut Buizel real thin," James told Zen once the fight ended "you really know what you're doing! I'm glad to be partnered with you on this journey!" James said this with a smile on his face and he meant every word of it.

Josuke looked up from his seat, and realized that the proffesor was there. He returned his pokemon to their balls, and turned off his poketch. He stood up and stretched his arms. He posed fanatically, and turned to face the proffesor.