• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A journey through Johto! (Discussion)

Alright I finished @JayTaku

Name: JC Wolfa
Height: 5'3
Physical appearance:
screendShot_2020-02-14_18-03-22.png

From: Pitzmaker (Googleplay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US
Defining feature: Her facial appearance even though she doesn't seem to notice this herself until told other wise
Clothing: She wears a black shirt that only covers her left shoulder leaving her right shoulder exposed with her tank straps shown on her shoulder. She wears black skinny jeans below her shirt with black flats as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. She wears a silver and black cross necklace around her neck with bandages on her wrists and ankles with glasses upon her face(as presented in the image)
Personality: She is a stern and slightly stubborn which can be a pain to handle. Despite her stubbornness, she is a very understanding and gentle young girl who judges no one no matter who they are. She has a stragetic mind set and only acts brave to hide her fear. She has trust issues but if you can gain her trust completely, she will protect you as if her life depends on it.
Occupation: Pokemon Trainer(aiming to be Pokemon Master for dark types)
Pokemon team: Blue(F)Umbreon(shiny)(wears a black and blue flower on her right ear)(Partner), Flora(F)Bayleaf(will evolve eventually throughout the roleplay), Blade(F)Absol, Pheora(F)Nickkit
Region of origin: Alola(Currently the champion in her region so decided to started new in Johto)
Likes: Drawing, Caring for her Pokemon, her violin, All Pokemon mostly dark types
Dislikes: Judgemental comments, Others picking on the weak, People who think they are better then others
Other: She can understand Pokemon language along with feelings and emotion. She wears a white wolf blue streaked mask and black hooded cape to most hide her appearance. She has an older brother named Shadow who remained in Alola as she wanted to do this on her own.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Alright I finished @JayTaku

Name: JC Wolfa
Height: 5'3
Physical appearance: View attachment 789141
From: Pitzmaker (Googleplay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US
Defining feature: Her facial appearance even though she doesn't seem to notice this herself until told other wise
Clothing: She wears a black shirt that only covers her left shoulder leaving her right shoulder exposed with her tank straps shown on her shoulder. She wears black skinny jeans below her shirt with black flats as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. She wears a silver and black cross necklace around her neck with bandages on her wrists and ankles with glasses upon her face(as presented in the image)
Personality: She is a stern and slightly stubborn which can be a pain to handle. Despite her stubbornness, she is a very understanding and gentle young girl who judges no one no matter who they are. She has a stragetic mind set and only acts brave to hide her fear. She has trust issues but if you can gain her trust completely, she will protect you as if her life depends on it.
Occupation: Pokemon Trainer(aiming to be Pokemon Master for dark types)
Pokemon team: Blue(F)Umbreon(shiny)(wears a black and blue flower on her right ear)(Partner), Flora(F)Bayleaf(will evolve eventually throughout the roleplay), Blade(F)Absol, Pheora(F)Nickkit
Region of origin: Alola(Currently the champion in her region so decided to started new in Johto)
Likes: Drawing, Caring for her Pokemon, her violin, All Pokemon mostly dark types
Dislikes: Judgemental comments, Others picking on the weak, People who think they are better then others
Other: She can understand Pokemon language along with feelings and emotion. She wears a white wolf blue streaked mask and black hooded cape to most hide her appearance. She has an older brother named Shadow who remained in Alola as she wanted to do this on her own.
Alright accepted!

I’ll start getting the thread up if you guys are ready.

I'd like to give this a shot.

Name: Victoria Melis
Height: 5'6"
Physical appearance: Victoria has somewhat light skin, light brown eyes, and short light blonde hair (the bob hairstyle from the XY games with bangs).
Defining feature: Her light blonde hair and fedora.
Clothing: She wears a white short-sleeved shirt with a faded floral pattern, grey skirt, black high-knee stockings, black flats, and a black fedora with a white band. She also has an expensive small black backpack.
Personality: Due to being raised in a rich family, Victoria does show some traits that a stereotypical rich person would have, although it's not very often. Even though she tries to be more honest with herself, she is not one to admit or express her feelings so easily at times. Once she puts her mind towards something, she usually doesn't back down or give up on it so easily. She can get overconfident at times and tends to beat herself up whenever it leads her to failure.
Pokemon team: In her party: Bulbasaur (M), Rapidash (M), Chansey (F)
At Prof. Oak's lab: Sandslash (M), Arbok (M), Dewgong (F)
Region of origin: Kalos
Dislikes: Very dark places, but she tends to hide her fear from others.
Other: She traveled through Kalos, Unova, Hoenn, and Kanto, and all her other Pokémon are in Kalos.

Jayblade

I'd like to give this a shot.

Name: Victoria Melis
Height: 5'6"
Physical appearance: Victoria has somewhat light skin, light brown eyes, and short light blonde hair (the bob hairstyle from the XY games with bangs).
Defining feature: Her light blonde hair and fedora.
Clothing: She wears a white short-sleeved shirt with a faded floral pattern, grey skirt, black high-knee stockings, black flats, and a black fedora with a white band. She also has an expensive small black backpack.
Personality: Due to being raised in a rich family, Victoria does show some traits that a stereotypical rich person would have, although it's not very often. Even though she tries to be more honest with herself, she is not one to admit or express her feelings so easily at times. Once she puts her mind towards something, she usually doesn't back down or give up on it so easily. She can get overconfident at times and tends to beat herself up whenever it leads her to failure.
Pokemon team: In her party: Bulbasaur (M), Rapidash (M), Chansey (F)
At Prof. Oak's lab: Sandslash (M), Arbok (M), Dewgong (F)
Region of origin: Kalos
Dislikes: Very dark places, but she tends to hide her fear from others.
Other: She traveled through Kalos, Unova, Hoenn, and Kanto, and all her other Pokémon are in Kalos.
Accepted!

Cool! One question: as my character already has two Pokémon and doesn't need a starter from Professor Elm, does he still need to go to the lab first? I don't know if you were planning on having everybody meet up there. Otherwise I'll have to figure out where to start off, as I assume you want us to take the gyms in order? (Okay, that's two questions then) If the order doesn't matter, Eliot could start with a gym battle against Bugsy, as Azalea Town is his hometown.

Jayblade

Where are we starting, New Bark or? Ill probably have Jake come in from...well, Goldenrod is the first major city, but if i do that ill probably have to wait a while to join
I mean if you want him to go to New Bark, though that was the just the place to get the new trainers starters.

Cool! One question: as my character already has two Pokémon and doesn't need a starter from Professor Elm, does he still need to go to the lab first? I don't know if you were planning on having everybody meet up there. Otherwise I'll have to figure out where to start off, as I assume you want us to take the gyms in order? (Okay, that's two questions then) If the order doesn't matter, Eliot could start with a gym battle against Bugsy, as Azalea Town is his hometown.
I mean if he already has a pokedex he doesn’t necessarily need to go to the lab, unless that’s what you wanna do, it’s up to you.

The gyms don’t need to be done in order.

Jayblade

Ooh, since he wants to be a researcher, how about Professor Magnolia sent him to Johto to go get something from Elm, but she's suprising him by letting him travel there?
I mean that’s fine, whatever you want man I’m old with that.

@
Count me in. I'll throw in a character sheet up in a bit.
Alright, we’ll make sure not to go far ahead without you.

Jayblade

Ahh makes sense

Whatever you want works, itd be nice for Jake to already be somewhat well embersed in researcher stuff already ^^

Also...i think @Nutraln00b is using a canon character from My Hero Academia and not an actual oc, is that allowed or
He is and I have no idea if it’s allowed but it’s the fact that I don’t think he even made a bio. He also sort of took my characters planned starter lol.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Yea, if that happens, just ignore it. Someone probably has already reported it and we should carry on and ignore his character ever showed up.

Since my character wants to start out with a Chikorita (but I'm certain it's already taken), may he receive one from the wild, like Ilex Forest?
It will be like the anime where starters are out in the wild as well so I see no problem with it. He will have to catch it though as @EeviumZ is taking Chikorita grimness Prof. Elm I think.

Name: Sean McLoughlin
Title: N/A
Height: 5'08" (1.73 m)
Hair: Short, brown, straight hair.
Build: Slim, not too muscular, but has muscle.
Eye Color: Hazel eyes that may look more green.
Birthplace: Celadon City, Kanto
First Pokemon: Eevee (now a Jolteon)
Affiliation: Shade and her research party.
Likes: Grass- and Electric-Type Pokemon, running, training, flowers, technology, and biking.
Dislikes: Really anything immoral and unethical. Pretty chill to have too many dislikes.
Fear: To lose his new Pokemon family.
Clothing/Accessories/Appearance: He has piercings on his ears on the lobe and on the ear ridge, and one on his nostril. He's also extremely pale. He has a green jacket with yellow cuffs and seams with a camo undershirt. He has darker green pants and dark yellow tennis shoes. He also has a dark, forest green backpack with dark yellow zippers.
Badges: The first four Kanto Badges.
Achievements: None

Personality: He can be quiet around people he doesn't know, but boisterous and adventurous when with friends. He finds Grass- and Electric-Type Pokemon calming and fun to be with, so he specializes in those types. He can be a bit paranoid, however, due to some anxiety. He's also gay, but not flamboyantly so.

Battle Style: None as of yet.

History: He wanted to start his journey when he was 10, but his parents told him it was too dangerous and his father wanted him to be in business like him. Outraged, he biked from Saffron City all the way to Pallet Town to get his first starter after he turned 15. He got Joltz as an Eevee and journeyed around the region to find his place. His mother felt happy that he was making a name for himself, but his father was still annoyed that he ran off. Despite this, he told them he was going with a tutor to see the rest of Kanto and left. He hardly talks to his mother, and doesn't even talk to his father anymore, but has proven he doesn't need them anymore. He moved to Johto after receiving another Eevee, Arboria, and evolved her into Leafeon with the Leaf Stone (courtesy of Gen VIII for changing that).

Name: Joltz
Species: Jolteon - [type]Electric[/type]
Personality: He's very much a hopeless romantic and really wants to get together with a fellow female Eeveelution, but fails spectacularly. He can be quite mischievous and pulls pranks on his trainer all the time. Despite this silly behavior, he's actually extremely loyal and loves to cuddle.
Ability: Volt Absorb - When hit by an Electric-Type attack, he absorbs it and heals himself, effectively making him immune to damage from electricity.
Held Item: Magnet - Electric-Type moves get a boost in power. On his yellow collar.
History: When Sean was running away from his parents from Celadon City, he made his way towards Pallet Town to start his journey, something that his parents frowned upon. After making his way to see the regional Professor, he demanded that he get a Pokemon. This professor decided to give the boy an Eevee, but warned him that he was extremely rambunctious. He ignored this Professor and kept this Eevee with him. After making it to Cerulean City, he evolved Joltz into a Jolteon.

Name: Arboria
Species: Leafeon - [type]Grass[/type]
Personality: She is very calm and collected, preferring to stay silent. She is very mature and sees Joltz's attempts at finding a female to coo at amusing, but sees him as a brother and would help him if he needed it. She loves basking in the sun and commonly smells like freshly cut grass.
Ability: Chlorophyll - Doubles speed during intense sunshine.
Held Item: Miracle Seed - Grass-Type moves get a boost in power. On her green collar.
History: When Sean was traveling towards Vermilion City, he had found Eevee near the Cycling Route. He found out that she was trying to get to the Forest on the other side, but the insane bikers were making it difficult for her to cross. Sean picked her up and calmly walked across the cycling road, nearly getting hit in the process. He then set her down on the other side and began to walk back only to find her following him. He caught her after that, and later evolved her with a Leaf Stone as he beat the Celadon Gym.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Name: Sean McLoughlin
Title: N/A
Height: 5'08" (1.73 m)
Hair: Short, brown, straight hair.
Build: Slim, not too muscular, but has muscle.
Eye Color: Hazel eyes that may look more green.
Birthplace: Celadon City, Kanto
First Pokemon: Eevee (now a Jolteon)
Affiliation: Shade and her research party.
Likes: Grass- and Electric-Type Pokemon, running, training, flowers, technology, and biking.
Dislikes: Really anything immoral and unethical. Pretty chill to have too many dislikes.
Fear: To lose his new Pokemon family.
Clothing/Accessories/Appearance: He has piercings on his ears on the lobe and on the ear ridge, and one on his nostril. He's also extremely pale. He has a green jacket with yellow cuffs and seams with a camo undershirt. He has darker green pants and dark yellow tennis shoes. He also has a dark, forest green backpack with dark yellow zippers.
Badges: The first four Kanto Badges.
Achievements: None

Personality: He can be quiet around people he doesn't know, but boisterous and adventurous when with friends. He finds Grass- and Electric-Type Pokemon calming and fun to be with, so he specializes in those types. He can be a bit paranoid, however, due to some anxiety. He's also gay, but not flamboyantly so.

Battle Style: None as of yet.

History: He wanted to start his journey when he was 10, but his parents told him it was too dangerous and his father wanted him to be in business like him. Outraged, he biked from Saffron City all the way to Pallet Town to get his first starter. He got Joltz as an Eevee and journeyed around the region to find his place. His mother felt happy that he was making a name for himself, but his father was still annoyed that he ran off. Despite this, he told them he was going with a tutor to see the rest of Kanto and left. He hardly talks to his mother, and doesn't even talk to his father anymore, but has proven he doesn't need them anymore. He moved to Johto after receiving another Eevee, Arboria, and evolved her into Leafeon with the Leaf Stone (courtesy of Gen VIII for changing that).

Name: Joltz
Species: Jolteon - [type]Electric[/type]
Personality: He's very much a hopeless romantic and really wants to get together with a fellow female Eeveelution, but fails spectacularly. He can be quite mischievous and pulls pranks on his trainer all the time. Despite this silly behavior, he's actually extremely loyal and loves to cuddle.
Ability: Volt Absorb - When hit by an Electric-Type attack, he absorbs it and heals himself, effectively making him immune to damage from electricity.
Held Item: Magnet - Electric-Type moves get a boost in power. On his yellow collar.
History: When Sean was running away from his parents from Celadon City, he made his way towards Pallet Town to start his journey, something that his parents frowned upon. After making his way to see the regional Professor, he demanded that he get a Pokemon. This professor decided to give the boy an Eevee, but warned him that he was extremely rambunctious. He ignored this Professor and kept this Eevee with him. After making it to Cerulean City, he evolved Joltz into a Jolteon.

Name: Arboria
Species: Leafeon - [type]Grass[/type]
Personality: She is very calm and collected, preferring to stay silent. She is very mature and sees Joltz's attempts at finding a female to coo at amusing, but sees him as a brother and would help him if he needed it. She loves basking in the sun and commonly smells like freshly cut grass.
Ability: Chlorophyll - Doubles speed during intense sunshine.
Held Item: Miracle Seed - Grass-Type moves get a boost in power. On her green collar.
History: When Sean was traveling towards Vermilion City, he had found Eevee near the Cycling Route. He found out that she was trying to get to the Forest on the other side, but the insane bikers were making it difficult for her to cross. Sean picked her up and calmly walked across the cycling road, nearly getting hit in the process. He then set her down on the other side and began to walk back only to find her following him. He caught her after that, and later evolved her with a Leaf Stone as he beat the Celadon Gym.
Accepted! Should’ve added all those extra features to my bio.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Just to make sure, Adelyn is not getting a starter. She started her journey a couple of years ago.

The dynamic between her and Sylvia will become evident when the thread starts. Basically, Sylvia's parents gave her the Happiny egg to essentially coerce her into becoming a Breeder like them, solely because they saw the Trainer path as inferior. Adelyn helped her run away from home just before the RP starts.

Jayblade

Just to make sure, Adelyn is not getting a starter. She started her journey a couple of years ago.

The dynamic between her and Sylvia will become evident when the thread starts. Basically, Sylvia's parents gave her the Happiny egg to essentially coerce her into becoming a Breeder like them, solely because they saw the Trainer path as inferior. Adelyn helped her run away from home just before the RP starts.
Ah gotcha. Btw the thread is already up if you wanna post.