• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Journey In Kanto - Discussion and Sign Up

Which Region is The Best?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

• Sinnoh

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Kalos

• Alola

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Years ago, the pokemon master Red started his journey through the Kanto Region, changing the world forever. You are a young trainer getting your first starter, beginning your first journey...

RULES:
No Swearing
Keep the Violence to a Minimum
Romance is allowed, but I would prefer none
Be fair in gym battles, you don't win every time
There are only 5 places in this rp, so don't complain if you're turned down
You can only start with a low level Pokemon

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Hometown:
Backstory

POKEMON
Name:
Species:
Moveset

I'd prefer you not to have your starter as an Eevee or a Pikachu.
There are currently 4 spots available as I've reserved a spot
I also do not allow duplicate pokemon

ENJOY!

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Name: First name Caleb Last name Dupuis
Appearance: Caleb has Short, Platinum Blonde Hair, Bright Green eyes and fair skin. Caleb wears a White hoodie. Caleb wears brown shorts and sneakers.
Personality: Caleb is childish, energetic and loves to have fun. Caleb usually get's himself in situations due to his playfulness though. Caleb tries do be kind a friendly to everyone he meets.
Hometown: Caleb has lived his whole life in Pallet Town
Backstory: Caleb has had a simple life. Caleb has lived with his father since he was 5 as his Mother is on her own journey with her own Pokemon. It is unknown where she is but Caleb's father got a call saying she might return to Kanto.

POKEMON
Name:
Vapour's nickname is well, Vapour.
Species: Vapour is a Squirtle.
Ability: Vapour's ability is Torrent.
Moveset: Vapour's moveset is Tackle, Water Gun, Withdraw, Aqua Ring (Egg Move).

Name: First name Caleb Last name Dupuis
Appearance: Caleb has Short, Platinum Blonde Hair, Bright Green eyes and fair skin. Caleb wears a White hoodie. Caleb wears brown shorts and sneakers.
Personality: Caleb is childish, energetic and loves to have fun. Caleb usually get's himself in situations due to his playfulness though. Caleb tries do be kind a friendly to everyone he meets.
Hometown: Caleb has lived his whole life in Pallet Town
Backstory: Caleb has had a simple life. Caleb has lived with his father since he was 5 as his Mother is on her own journey with her own Pokemon. It is unknown where she is but Caleb's father got a call saying she might return to Kanto.

POKEMON
Name:
Vapour's nickname is well, Vapour.
Species: Vapour is a Squirtle.
Ability: Vapour's ability is Torrent.
Moveset: Vapour's moveset is Tackle, Water Gun, Withdraw, Aqua Ring (Egg Move).
Accepted! 3 Spots Left

Name: Ruby Coral

Appearance: Ruby has long black hair and wears a purple sweater and grey leggings. She also wears green sneakers. She has pale skin and green eyes.

Personality: Ruby is kind and caring but also quite stubborn. She doesn't like to be wrong and can sometimes get angry about small things. But overall she's a nice person who loves other people and Pokemon

Hometown: Ruby used to live in Vermillion City but she moved to Viridian City about 4 years ago.

Backstory: Ruby lives with her grandmother and her grandfather. Her parents both left to go on a cruise around the world. She was left with a little Omanyte for her to take care of, she named it Diamond. Her parents still haven't returned and Ruby's grandmother believes that they have gone on a journey in Unova. Since then, Runy has taken an interest in water type Pokemon.

POKEMON:
Name: Diamond
Species: Omanyte
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Water Gun, Rollout, Bite

Name: Ruby Coral

Appearance: Ruby has long black hair and wears a purple sweater and grey leggings. She also wears green sneakers. She has pale skin and green eyes.

Personality: Ruby is kind and caring but also quite stubborn. She doesn't like to be wrong and can sometimes get angry about small things. But overall she's a nice person who loves other people and Pokemon

Hometown: Ruby used to live in Vermillion City but she moved to Viridian City about 4 years ago.

Backstory: Ruby lives with her grandmother and her grandfather. Her parents both left to go on a cruise around the world. She was left with a little Omanyte for her to take care of, she named it Diamond. Her parents still haven't returned and Ruby's grandmother believes that they have gone on a journey in Unova. Since then, Runy has taken an interest in water type Pokemon.

POKEMON:
Name: Diamond
Species: Omanyte
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Water Gun, Rollout, Bite
Accepted! Still 3 Spots Left

Name: Lucy Jackson
Appearance: Lucy has a long black straight hai and brown eyes. She wears black T-shirt, white shorts and silver sneakers. Also she has red shoulder bag.
Personality: Lucy is kind and nice person. She is really friendly and she always loves to meet new friends. She doesn't like to battle, so she will rather befriend with other Pokemon; but only battle to increase Pokemon's experience or evolve them.
Hometown: Pallet Town
Backstory: Lucy lived with her mother and older brother Hiro in Pallet Town, but they moved to the Safari Zone where they own a Ranch. Lucy lived there since she was 5. There she helped her mother and brother to train Pokemon to the Races and also she took care for them. Her brother once rescued an Eevee and since them Lucy take care for her and named it Rose.

POKEMON
Name:
Rose
Species: Eevee
Ability: Adaptabillity
Moveset: Tackle, Bite, ShadowBall, Quick Attack

Last edited:
Name: Joey Sparks
Appearance: He has black short hair, a green hoodie, a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black converse sneakers. He has blue eyes.
Personality: He's hot headed, quick to act, and stubborn, often getting into trouble. He has a kind heart, and wants to hep people, but has very bad luck.
Hometown: Oldale Town, Hoenn
Backstory: He was born and raised in Oldale Town, and caught a small Poocheyena that he named Axel. Later, his father sent him to Pallet Town, to start his journey and meet Professor Oak

Name: Axel
Species: Poocheyena
Ability: Quick Feet
Moveset: Fire Fang, Howl, Bite, Tackle

Name: Hermann Starr
Appearance: A relatively tall boy for his age, standing at 5'5". He has bright blue eyes and short light brown hair. His usual attire is made up of a dark brown flying jacket with a light brown shirt underneath, gray trousers and equally gray boots. He also wears a pair of what may look like blackglasses, but in reality they're actual glasses, as he is nearsighted.
Personality: Hermann is an outgoing and at times even rash boy. Although he possesses a good bit of knowledge, he sometimes ends up making elementary mistakes due to his rashness. His outgoingness also has another side effect- he often speaks without thinking, sometimes even insulting people without realizing it. He doesn't mean to be rude, though- he strives to be a nice person, even though he may not always come over as such.
Hometown: Mistralton City, Unova
Backstory: Born as a son to a famous pilot, Hermann grew up with stories of the vast skies from his father. Thus, it didn't really come as a surprise to his parents that at the age of ten, he declared that he would become a pilot himself. Only months after he did so, his eyesight slowly began to deteriorate. His father, knowing full well that a nearsighted pilot would never be accepted, tried to discourage him as much as possible from pursuing his goal, to no avail. When, at the age of fourteen, Hermann was officially told he could never become a pilot, he was crushed. In a last resort to see his son happy again, his father caught him a Pokémon, a Ducklett. Having found a new goal in life to become the strongest trainer in the world, Hermann had originally wished to travel Unova. But when he heard about all the exotic Flying-type Pokémon that lived in Kanto -Pokémon that he had never seen before- his mind was quickly made up. Taking the first flight from Mistralton City to Pallet Town, he is now ready to undertake his very first Pokémon journey.

POKEMON
Name:
Orville
Species: Ducklett
Ability: Hydration
Moveset: Water Gun, Water Sport, Air Cutter

You're all accepted! We'll begin the RP on the way to Proffesor Oak's lab. I'll be making it this afternoon as right now for me it's 8:12am

Also just saying if any of you quit, or become inactive for a long time. Your spot may be given away.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Okay, some random trivia i've noticed.
1. Caleb is the only person thats getting a Kanto starter as a starter (I don't know what's happening to Bulbasaur and Charmander)
2. 3 out of 5 people have a Water type starter. (If Rose evolves into a Vaporeon (Which is unlikely due to it's nickname) Then it will be 4 starters)

Name: Cleo
Appearance: Tall with red hair and freckles. He wears a green tee shirt, blue shorts and grey shoes
Personality: alway the one to try and stop a fight shy and quite worrisome
Hometown: pallet town
Backstory: Cleo was born like every other child and loved Pokemon. He had a holiday to the kalos region and met blade. He is recovering from depression and is still quiet fragile

Name: blade
Species: honedge
Ability: no guard
Moveset: slash, night slash, shadow sneak, swords dance

I gotta be honest, I only voted just now, and I was torn between voting for Sinnoh and Unova. Went on to vote Sinnoh, and now they're on equal terms with Unova. Oops.

I don't really like the Unovan starters either. However, I really really really like the region. A bit like the complete opposite of Kalos for me- I love the starters but really dislike the region.

I love the Hoenn starters (Blaziken all the way!) And the region is good

In my pokemon emerald play through (On my computer) I can destroy the whole elite 4 with my one Blastoise from fire red. But the champion is sooooo hard

Emboar, the one man apocolsype pokemon. I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR WITH ONLY HIM!

Serpeior, the swiggity snake Pokemon. He is pretty damm high speed

Oshawott line, yeah I hate em

The Oshawott line had the potential of being one of my favorite starter lines in the entire franchise, but then Samurott happened and everything was ruined.

My favorite starters are probably Bulbasaur, Mudkip, Fennekin, Charmander, Turtwig, Chespin, Squirtle, Chimchar, Froakie and Cyndaquil. In that order.

Oh, and @MapleEevee you just have to do the following.
[ spoiler ]test[ /spoiler ]
But without the spaces. That makes
test

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
See the Plus sign near the faces? click that and there will be a spoiler option. click on that to create the name and whatever you want to be inside, type it inbetween the two Brackets.

Best starters of each region:

Kanto:
1st Place - Bulbasaur
2nd Place - Squirtle
3rd Place - Charmander

Johto:
1st Place - Totodile
2nd place - Chikorita
3rd place - cyndaquil

Hoenn:
1st Place - Torchic :)
2nd place - Mudkip
3rd place - treecko

Sinnoh:
1st place - Turtwig
2nd place - Piplup
3rd place - Chimchar

Unova:
1st place - Uhhh... ummm... Oshawatt
2nd place - Snivy
3rd place - Pig

Kalos:
1st place - Chespin
2nd place - froakie
3rd place - fennekin

alola:
1st place - popplio
2nd place - rowlet
3rd place - Litten

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
My favourite starters:

Kanto:
1st: Bulbasaur
2nd: Squirtle
3rd: Charmander

Johto:
1st: Cyndaquill
2nd: Chikorita
3rd: Totodile

Hoenn:
1st: Mudkip (MEMES)
2nd: Chicken that doesn't have wings
3rd: Tree Gecko that can somehow be a dragon type

Sinnoh:
1st: Chimchar
2nd: Piplup (Only because of Dawn)
3rd: Turtwig

Unova (The best Region):
1st: Snivy
2nd: Oshawott (Who has a fine evolution imo)
3rd: Tepig

Kalos:
1st: Froakie (I liked it better before it had Ash-Greninja[WHO THE HELL WANTS THERE POKEMON TO HAVE ASH])
2nd: Fennikan
3rd: Chespin

Alola:
First: Litten
2nd: Popplio
3rd: Rowlet

Sinnoh's 2nd and 3rd, Alola's starters and Kalos' starters are very close though

Unova and Sinnoh are bad in MY opinion

Also can someone actually reply to the thread

Freakin Popplio