• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Daymon and Daya hurriedly set themselves up inside the tent, each taking a half seeing as it seemed everyone else was staying outside. In a way, they felt kind of alien, separate from the rest of the group, though the thought plagued Daymon more than it did his sister, as she would rather wrestle Duke's Charizard than sleep outside when there was a perfectly good tent set up right there. The two called out their goodnights to the group, and snuggled up in their own respective sleeping bags. Skarmory fluttered down, and perched on the top of the tent, closing its eyes but keeping its ears open in alert of any possible danger. The night was still, and calm, stars shining above Ula'Ula island in an eternal dance.

Daymon awoke with a start, and looked around. The small lamplight in the tent had fizzled out, leaving an utter darkness. With his lowered vision, he could make out Daya's sleeping form, curled up with a large plushie. Outside, he could hear the crackling of a dying fire. He stepped outside, wreathed in a thick blanket, and sat down next to said fire. He yawned, looking out. The sea was only a mile downhill, and he could see its churning waves. He shifted in place, and looked at all his friends with a small smile. "hm..."

Daymon jumped a little at the noise, but calmed down quickly, turning his head to her and smiling. "Hey, sorry, did I wake you up at all?" He asked with a sort of guilty expression. He'd feel bad if he'd actually woken her up, but knowing Teiran, it was probably just her excitement. "I... Well, I was asleep, but I got back up randomly, and I couldn't fall back asleep, so I just came outside... You know, to relax and think about junk..." He said in a hushed voice, careful not to wake the others.

He looked at her, and sighed a little, just a little. "I mean, I'm mostly just thinking about the future. After this, what's next? I mean, I could obviously go back home, maybe I'll finally get all the gym badges from Hoenn and complete that league... But then I really don't know. And it won't be the same without you all. I mean, it's already hard enough. Akio left, so did the adults... I don't wanna journey alone again. You're very important to me." He let out a drawn out sigh, and lie down on the log, his eyes turning to you.

"S-Sorry, I rambled a little. I... Hm..." He looked back up at the stars. "...you wanna come to Hoenn with me? I'll ask all of you at one point I just... Never have a moment."

Duke listened to the conversation between Daymon and Teiran, but pretended to not notice as he kept close to Charizard by the fire as his partner began to rest up. In truth Duke was a traveler by nature, seeing the world was something he had grown used to and naturally he loved each second of it.

He usually had done it alone, his protégé back in Johto being a welcomed exception, but this was the first time he traveled in his global pursuit of justice with such a large party and he had to say...it was probably one of the best runs he had because of it. A smile on his face was evident of that much.

Last edited:
A smile broke across his face, and he gave a bit of stifled laughter, trying not to be too loud. “Awesome! I could show you my place and everything... hey, have I ever shown you this?” He reached into his shirt and pulled out a necklace that was hidden beneath. Attached to the string was some type of Fire Type gym badge. “Before I left for here, I did one last thing in Hoenn. I beat Flannery, gym leader of my hometown, and got the Heat Badge... I’m planning on fighting her again. I already know that I’m swapping all my team members for my Hoenn journey, but maybe I’ll swap for my original team... to show how far I’ve come! Man, I really need to get better at not rambling!” He snickered at himself, the stars flickering in his irises.

Teiran stared at it in awe, have not ever seeing a gym badge before. She smiled, shaking her head.

"I love listening to your stories! It's a great way to learn more about you! What you like, where you're from, and who you are!" Teiran said. "Besides, I'll probably swap my team out too, to have a fresh start, and a new chance to catch and bond with more Pokemon!"

She was trying not to be too loud, and her whispers turned into talking, although still quiet enough to not wake the others.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Indeed the whispering seemed to work, as Melody was asleep enough though Teiran's conversation with a small smile on her face. Her Litten however had a bit more sensitive hearing so the few people who had remained awake kept it awake. Though annoyed the Fire Type kept close to Melody as it tried to focus on sleep while letting them chatter.

Teiran eventually fell asleep despite all the excitement about the next day, which came quickly. Teiran, still being tired from lack of sleep the night before, rolled over so the sun was not in her eyes. She didn't realize it was morning of course, otherwise she'd be excited to be awake. but she was awfully tired and groggy from the night before.

Unaware that Teiran had began to wake up Duke, who himself had woken up bright and early after a restful slumber, seemed to already be in the middle of some early morning routine. Having just returned from a morning jog with his partner Charizard and in the middle of some one armed push-ups; just a casual glance showed that Duke theatrics and all had been dedicated in all areas of his duty to people & Pokemon alike with a care to keep his body in top shape.

Shirtless at the moment, Duke paused to give himself and his Charizard a sip of water, where one if they happened to catch a glance of his back would notice a few faded scars. Each with their own tale Duke had yet to tell, but for the moment the Pokemon Protector simply put his top back on as he settled to some relaxed breathing while he waited for the group to awaken.

Teiran yawned, before rolling over again, cuddling Brionne and trying to go back to sleep. Brionne, surprisingly, didn’t wake up when her trainer embraced her, but smiled in her sleep, cuddling closer to Teiran. And to this, Teiran smiled, drifting back into sleep.

Which was not very bright, considering it was time for her to get up.

Daymon's eyes fluttered open suddenly, and he pulled his face up from the dirt. He had collapsed onto the log beside the fire, and now his lower half was still up on the log, while everything waist-up was in the soil. He rubbed the back of his head and rubbed away his bedhead, his bright green eyes shining inquisitively across the Alola ocean. He repositioned himself so that he was now seated correctly on the log, yawning deeply as he brushed the loose soil from his locks. He needed a haircut soon, as his head of scraggly brown mess was getting dangerously nest-like. He looked up, seeing Skarmory awakened on top of the tent, adjusting itself from its long night perched and awaiting any possible danger. He smiled and tossed the bird a treat, which it nabbed in a single snap of its toothed beak.

Daya, however, did not have the blessing of her body waking her up when she'd gotten a rather good amount of sleep, and completely missing the wake up call provided by the rising sun, she slept through it like a rock, her entire aura being cuddly and warm as she was huddled peacefully within her blankets with an expression of bliss. She loved sleeping almost as much as she loved making fun of her brother, which was quite substantial.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody had a restful night of sleep and slowly stirred as a yawn escaped her lips before she sat up and stretched a bit though her routine felt a lump on her waist as she glanced down and saw her companion Litten had fallen asleep on her legs which caused Melody to chuckle a bit amused by this. "Come on buddy, don't lounge around. Got a big day today!"

Melody would shake Litten who groaned, but slowly the fire cat would stir a bit moving off her legs as Melody glanced around her; seemed some of the group were awake, and others still sleeping. Regardless she looked forward to her first day of travel with her new group as she began to freshen up her hair.

Damien was walking through the area with his Kommo-o by his side. As they made their way Kommo-o paused, its scales rustling lightly which Damien realized meant that Kommo-o could hear something. Damien glanced around before seeing a campsite with several people around the area, "Trainers?" he mumbled. Damien adjusted his bag a bit, making his way towards the campsite, "Excuse me!" Damien called out, making his way into view, "Are you all Pokemon Trainers?"

Duke saw the new face as his Shiny Charizard scanned the figure curiously but he offered a friendly enough smile as he presented himself before the newcomer.

"Indeed, I presume you are one as well?" Duke asked the individual curious to know a bit more about this young man.

"I am," Damien replied looking around, taking notice of the trainer with the Charizard, a Pokemon like Charizard seemed naturally strong to Damien, piquing his interest in wanting to test his skills, "My name is Damien, I'm on a journey to complete the Island Challenge with my Pokemon Kommo-o," Damien explained as Kommo-o leered at Charizard. Damien stared intensely, "Your Charizard looks strong," he chuckled lightly, "I'd like to have a battle with it and you," Damien said bluntly.

"Oh?" Duke said, with a sly competitive grin having dawned as the open challenge was just laid out before him. His Shiny Charizard seemed to be interested as well as it intensely gazed upon the Kommo-o sensing it was a worthy opponent as Duke thought it over before he and his partner moved back a step.

"I see. Well I am not one to pass a challenge. Therefore, we shall give our best effort!" Duke said, as he and his Charizard began a series of dynamic Power Rangers-style poses as their ceremonial "pre-battle" sequence as they rest facing Damien and his partner with matching competitive grins.

"We happily accept your challenge!"

"Char!"

Teiran sat in shock, rubbing her still tired eyes.

“W-What...?” She asked, half asleep.

She had just woken up to a new trainer challenging Duke to a Pokémon battle! She cuddled Brionne gently as to not waking her, and sat quietly, anticipating the battle with wide, interested eyes.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody had not even time for an introduction before a challenge was made to Duke and his Charizard which already had gotten her excitement as she and her partner Litten moved to get a good view of the action. "This should be exciting, don't you think?" Melody asked her partner, and while Litten gave a usual indifferent sigh the focus of its eyes showed that even the deadpan flame cat was intrigued by the coming clash.

Damien signaled for Kommo-o to move into position. Kommo-o nodded and stepped forward, cracking its neck, wanting to test out Charizard's strength in battle. Kommo-o clenched its fist, slamming down its fist, rattling its scales as a warm-up for itself, "You're welcome to make the first move!" Damien stated as Kommo-o put out its hand and slowly swayed its tail making a small rattling sound as it waited for Charizard.

"Appreciate the gesture, well let us not waste haste old friend. Use Air Slash!" Duke called out, as his partner nodded and the Shiny Charizard had began to flap its wings with vigor as it produced a powerful current which fired towards Damian's Kommo-o as the razor sharp blade of wind raced towards them. Duke seemed to want to test how this one would handle its initial distance strike as the Pokemon Protector had a smile plastered on his face.

"Defense!" Damien called. Kommo-o quickly put its arms in front of its face, using its hard scales to block the blow, however, Charizard was stronger than what they expected and Kommo-o was pushed back and had taken quite a bit of damage from the attack, "Kommo-o Dragon Claw!" Damien called out, his large dragon's hand became surrounded in green draconic energy, it began charging towards Charizard, giving a wide swipe at Charizard.

"Charizard, take to the sky!" Duke called out, as his Shiny Charizard attempted to quickly fly over the Kommo-o to avoid the blow, but it seemed the Dragon was quicker than Duke or his partner anticipated as Charizard felt a slash cross its belly from the Dragon Claw as it cried out before it managed to make it in the sky as it did some damage which was impressive as Duke grinned.

"Oh this is gonna be fun, let's answer back with a Dragon Claw of our own!" Duke called out, as Charizard's own claws grew and began to glow as it flew down and aimed to perform an aerial slash towards the Kommo-o.

((OOC: Sorry about the wait! I got caught up in school work! On another note, Happy Late Thanksgiving))

"Kommo-o stand your ground!" Damien ordered. Kommo-o let out a loud roar as it dug its heels in. Charizard's attack made contact with the large dragon, Kommo-o slammed its tail into the ground, using it as support so Charizard couldn't push it back too far. However, that didn't negate the damage that Kommo-o took, but now that Charizard was close Damien saw their chance, "Use Clanging Scales!" Damien shouted. Kommo-o roared as its scales began rubbing together making a painful squeaking sound as it was about to release a close-up blast of draconic energy.

Duke's emotions ranged from satasfaction to concern as it seemed this Kommo-o was made of strong stuff; able to endure the blow of the Dragon Claw as it dug in and prepared to strike with a powerful close range blast. Duke had no way to dodge it with the short distance so all he could do was try to give his partner space and prepare as strong a defense as he could.

"Charizard! Use Dragon Claw as a guard and prepare a defense!" Duke called out, as his partner flew back a step as its wings folded over it and it crossed its extended Dragon Claws in an aim to turn the offensive blades into a defensive aid as his Charizard assumed a protective stance as both trainer and partner prepared for what was to come.

"Now!" Damien called out, Kommo-o unleashed a loud roar as waves of draconic energy bellowed towards Charizard. Damien watched as the sound waves shook the ground and the surrounding trees, this was Kommo-o's most powerful move, Damien was curious if Charizard would be able to withstand the attack, or if it would be too much. Although Damien deep down was a little impressed for how long Charizard was lasting.

As the blast fired, Duke's Charizard struck at it with the Dragon Claw as it cut into the beam and acted as a buffer while the wings worked to try and block the rest of the attack but the blast was overwhelming and soon struck the Shiny Charizard in spite of the defensive efforts as the ground seemed to rumble and smoke rose around the area.

Duke looked on with concern but focus as he waited for the smoke to clear, and standing along the ruined path its feet dragged it across was Charizard; damaged from the powerful move and panting, but standing all the same as it glared upon the Kommo-o with a fire in its eye that had yet to be extinguished.

(OOC: Apologies, I was caught up in finals! Also Merry Christmas Eve)

"Your Charizard is strong," Damien commented, "I'm ready to see how strong," he stated as he lifted his wrist with the Z-Power Ring on it. Turning the crystal inside caused a flash of bright light as the figure of a Scale flashed in front of Damien. Together with Kommo-o Damien struck the Dragon Z-Pose with a rush of light and energy surrounding Kommo-o in a bright yellow aura, "Roar so loud Mt. Lanakila will hear! Clangorous Soul Blaze!" Damien shouted as Kommo-o roared in response, its scales were glowing as it jumped up, sending a massive shockwaves, shaking the ground as the blast flew to the dragon.

(Apologies. Got tied up in personal stuff.)

Duke's eyebrows frowned as he looked on with respectable caution at the motions that Damian made; while he himself had lacked the items or knowledge of the specific steps, Duke had been familiar with the local trainer custom to bring out an X-Factor among Pokemon known as the Z-Move. And based on the sheer aura being gathered Duke sensed this move would not serve him well if they took it head on but he wondered if they even had a move in their arsensal to endure this?

Charizard growled a bit as its eyes flared with a burning resolves, the flames on its tail grew as the damaged it had taken resulted in the Blaze ability kicking in which meant his fire moves had a superheated boost behind it. Duke figured this was his best chance as he decided to answer this power move with one of their own.

"Charizard! Fire Blast!" Duke called out, as Charizaed sent a blazing star of fire from its mouth which exploded against the oncoming Z-Move as the shockwave blasted the Fire type back. The fought back against the move, but it seemed they only just managed to avoid disaster as Charizard worked to its feet as Duke worked to see how this explosive counter would affect Damian and his partner.

(No worries, Happy New Year everyone!)
Kommo-o dug its heels in as the blast sent it flying back, landing near Damien, Kommo-o slowly got up, letting out a loud roar as the Z-Move seemed to make Kommo-o stronger, Damien smiled, "Not bad, not many people stand a chance against Kommo-o's Z-Move," Damien laughed a little, enjoying the battle, "Kommo-o Dragon Claw!" he shouted. Kommo-o roared, shaking the grass under its feet a little.

Kommo-o slammed its fists together as they were both cloaked in a bright green, claw-shaped aura. Kommo-o went into a dash, grinning as its feet slammed against the ground with a newfound speed in itself, "Now show me what Charizard is REALLY capable of!" Damien shouted with a wide grin.

"Oh believe me, you have only began to see our fighting spirit!" Duke called out, as he seemed to respect the spirit this of this and even had a grin as he decided to match his opponent blow for blow. "Charizard, answer with a Dragon Claw of your own!"

Charizard work its way to its feet as it roared, green clawed aura shinned as the flying type charged at Kommo-o and its claws slammed against Kommo-o's as they began to clash with violent strikes againt one another.

Kommo-o struck back as hard as it could throwing as much force as it could behind each Dragon Claw, trying to take advantage of it's previous Z-Move, however that didn't change that it was slowly growing exhausted from the battle. Recognizing that Kommo-o had used a lot of strength during it's Z-Move Damien knew he had to try and wrap up the battle.

"Kommo-o don't hold back and keep giving it your all, aim for one point and keep going!" Damien shouted. Kommo-o roared as it swung at Charizard aiming for the lizard's stomach trying it's best to repeatedly strike the same spot over and over.

Charizard answered with a Dragon Claw to each strike, and while it seemed to get fired up from the exchange it to seemed to show signs of fatigue as both Pokemon had battled hard during this. Duke knew the end would come sooner than later and as Kommo-o began to really dial up the pressure and Charizard began to lose ground as it tried to protect its stomach.

"Charizard, block and hold it then use Fire Blast!" Duke called out as Charizard's eyes seemed to gleam as the shiny Pokemon clashed its claws with Kommo-o; aiming yo lock their claws together in a "hold" while Charizard aimed to move its arms apart as it took a deep breath and prepared to fire a point-blank Fire Blast aimed for Kommo-o's face!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier kept a keen eye on the battle after he had gotten up. He had never seen a Charizard and a Kommo-o battle before so this was something he would be most interested in watching. He shook his head, beginning to stare down at the Pokemon Battle.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody of course had been gripped by the action, as a Trainer herself even if her main goal was photography & travel she desired to better herself and seeing this intense battle between Charizard and Kommo-o was enough to capture her intrigue. She had picked up a few tips from just this battle alone and had learned quickly being an observer could have its benefits as much as taking part in the action herself.

"Kommo-o Clanging Scales!" Damien ordered in response, after the clash of Dragon Claws, Kommo-o was growing tired slowly, Damien knew he needed to end this quickly and this was the only way he saw. Kommo-o scales began vibrating rapidly as a low buzzing started and an orb formed at Kommo-o's mouth as it launched the attack at the same time as Charizard's Fire Blast. Regardless though, Charizard's Fire Blast couldn't miss and the resulting blast threw Kommo-o back slamming it against the ground and resulting in major damage. Kommo-o slowly climbed up however, the damage it sustained caught up to it as it fell forward, unable to continue battling.