• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben grinned "Well, in that case, I send everyone else to meet everyone. Come on out!" taking the rest of the pokeballs from his belt, he released his pokemon.
Out came a Brionne, who barked joyously and slid around, attempting to greet everyone as fast a possible. A charjabug was next, and it started running around to nowhere in particular at snail pace speeds. A stufful appeared, which started to waddle to Ben and place her arms around his leg, her way of asking to be picked up. Finally came his dusk form Lycanroc. Mudsdale, now understanding that they're staying, clopped over and laid down in the grass.
Ben picked up Stufful and turned to Duke's question. "My goal? Um... I don't really have one? I mean, if I could win the league that would be nice, but I'm really just here for the experience."

Last edited:
Teiran’s Brionne laid eyes on Ben’s Brionne, and she was so happy to meet a Pokémon like her that she flopped over to greet it. Teiran smiled, at all the Pokémon.

“Guess I should let my pals out as well!” She said.

She diligently pressed each button on her Pokeball, each coming out one by one. Machoke was first, and he was happy to greet many of the taller, more muscular Pokémon. Raichu was second, surfing around on his tail to give out handshakes and snuggles. Both of Teiran’s Kirlia came out, but hey cling to each other, nervous of all the other Pokémon. Finally Steenee came out, smiling at everyone, whilst still nervous

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody was shocked to say the least, as this guy had an entire team with him and quite the team it was. Litten looked on with his usual blank face, though inwardly was intrigued by the many new faces. From both Ben and Teiran as they both let out their full teams for a wide group greeting as Melody felt compelled to do the same. As she pulled two Pokeballs from her bag and tossed them in the air. "Come out everyone!"

Soon a Pikachu and Steenee came out, the Steenee more warm and kind as she gave a wave to everyone present while the Pikachu seemed filled with energy as she darted around and went to sniff any Pokemon she could which caused Melody to sheepishly smile. "Sorry she's a bit of a high personality...." Melody said before she shifted to address Duke's question as she smiled. "Oh I desire to make a collage of my journey, see all the islands and document my experience in this journal. Explore all the islands have to offer."

Duke was clearly convinced by their answers as he grinned when trainers began to release their entire times, and well why should he keep his a secret? Duke tossed a few Pokeballs in the air as they all released.

Soon an Aipom, Donphan, Gyarados would come out with his already released Fomantis and Shiny Charizard. Though with a slight concern Rockruff kept itself in its Pokeball which caused Duke to frown, seems it'd need encouragement to release itself as the others made themselves comfortable around the other Pokemon out and about.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Naturally Pikachu was a bit excited when even more Pokemon came out from the guy with the stylish poses, as she grabbed Litten and took the less than social Fire Type to greet them all. During this Melody's own Steenee saw its counterpart wave to it as she smiled and waved back walking over as she hoped to get to know her fellow Steenee well.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"If everyone's doing it then so should I." Glacier grinned widely as he grabbed the remaining Pokeballs and sent out his Zoroark, the Dark Type Pokemon staying close to her trainer and another came for the Dartrix.

Nova looked out to them and she managed to send out her Fomantis and Rockruff as well, glancing away from the situation.

Steenee got nervous and blushed in embarrassment as Melody’s Steenee had started to walk towards her. But she still had a smile on her face.

Teiran has a smile on her face, very happy to see all these Pokémon and trainers. The Pokémon were very cute, but she noticed Duke’s Rockruff wasn’t out with the others. Teiran made her way to Duke.

“How is he doing? Why isn’t he with the others?” She asked her friend.

Duke glanced to Teiran as she questioned why Rockruff refused to come out to join the fun, something Fomantis had noted and seemed concerned with as he worked to make his best guess as he faced his friend.

"I presume the loss to Lycanroc was more than just a spar, a battle of pride for it. And it feels ashamed to show itself after such a defeat..." Duke said as he had given his best guess.

Daymon smiled at the new guy, and shrugged. “Hey, if all my friends are letting out their mons...” he grinned, and pulled out a few Pokeballs. “Let’s go! Lairon! Marshtomp! Kirlia!” He said with a wide grin, his Mudsdale already have been out if it’s PokéBall. He pointed upward. “My Skarmory is up there, on guard duty and such.” He commented, before stretching deeply due to a soreness in his back.

Daymon’s Kirlia lightly stepped toward the two Kirlia of Terain, and gave a gentle bow. She seemed to be more gentle, but still very outgoing, compared to the two that she faced.

Mudsdale trotted up to Ben’s Mudsdale, and gave it a strong neigh, either as a hello, a challenge, or probably just to comment how they were the same species, clopping down with its left front hoof.

Lairon landed on Marshtomp’s foot, which immediately caused a large scuffle between the slightly heavy Pokemon and the extremely heavy Pokemon, as they barked, growled, and complained at each other. “G-Guys, come on, calm down... please?”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody's Steenee perhaps naturally sensed the shyness from Teiran's as she tried to give off an inviting and welcoming aura as she moved by the other Steenee and tried to converse with it. "Stee!" It cried, as if she said nice to meet you.

Naturally Pikachu and the less than energetic Litten were drawn to the commotion between Lairon and Marshtomp as they went to get a look at what was going on. Litten even if he showed disinterest had been curious enough to ask what the situation was which led to the fire kitten speaking up. "Litten?"

Both of Teiran’s Kirlia were much less nervous when greeted with another Kirlia, one giving a curtsy, and the other a bow.

Steenee smiled at her counterpart, happy that she was being nice and welcoming. Yet, she didn’t say anything for she was shy.

Teiran looked upset to hear this.

“Oh...” she sighed. “Well, let him know that I’m really proud of him for pushing himself to become better. Only a true winner can do such a thing.”

Teiran wanted to encourage Rockruff as best she could. Rockruff happened to be one of Teiran’s favorite Pokémon friends, afterall.

The Poekball that housed Rockruff seemed to sit silent, though inside the Rock Type heard Teiran's praise as that caused it to think, something further compounded by Fomantis who waddled over and looked up as she also spoke in an effort to encourage him.

"Fo....mantis." (I-I think you were awesome...everyone is having fun out here and you deserve to too.)

After a minute or two, the Rockruff let itself out. While its spirits had not been high, it figured it'd give them less worry as Fomantis worked to give it a friendly embrace which caused the rock pup to have a slight blush though it faded quickly. Still Duke figured progress had been made which he was thankful of Teiran of.

SaiyanDakon

Nova's Rockruff, Crystal, rushed over and she nuzzled Duke's Rockruff, encouraging him. "Ruff!" ("You can do it!") Despite being the same species, she was rather playful and less focused on battling. Her tail was wagging rather quickly, thinking that a little game between the two would be a way to boost his spirits.

Glacier sighed in relief, as did Nova. "Least she's trying to help him out as well. I'm glad that this is happening, though." He said, staring at the Rockruffs.

Teiran saw Duke’s Rockruff and smiled happily. Although he did look a bit defeated, she was happy that he was planning to socialize with the other Pokémon. Teiran decided that if all her Pokémon were greeting others, she might as well play with the Pokémon too.

She made her first appearance to Ben’s Brionne, wondering how different it might be from her Brionne. She squatted down a bit to be near it’s height.

“Hi! You’re Ben’s Brionne, right?” She stuck out a hand, half expecting it to return a flipper. “I’m Teiran!”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody's Steenee smiled though noticed the shyness of her counterpart as she decided to try and help ease the mood and did a little dance before it in the hopes that she'd bring up the mood and welcome it proper. Melody herself smiled at this though her attention turned to the other Pokemon and as she saw Teiran greet one in person she figured she'd do the same as she made her way over to Duke's Aipom as she always found the species to be cute based on the limited exposure she had to it.

"Hello little guy, my name is Melody...nice to meet you." Melody said, politely as she crouched and tried to give a warm greeting to it.

Naturally Duke's Rockruff had been a bit unprepared for the counterpart Rockruff to come as Nova's went and nuzzled into its fur; though that was nothing compared to Fomantis who seemed petrified, shocked at this development as Duke's Rockruff felt the warm invite to play and with the encouragement he smiled back. "Ruff!?" (Okay, what do you want to play?)

"Seems your sister's Pokemon is doing work to help get Rockruff in good spirits." Duke said with a small smile to Glacier as he seemed happy his Pokemon had been getting along with the others.

Aipom had noticed Melody who seemed to approach it as she tried to give a friendly greeting, one the Aipom returned in kind as it extended its tail toward her and seemed to offer a hand-shake to the trainer. "Aipom!"

SaiyanDakon

"Well, I think she's a bit less before heading to evolve...and I think this is a good thing. Crystal wants your Rockruff to be happy." Nova explained slightly as she rubbed her arm slowly and watched her Pokemon jump from side to side.

Crystal herself was too excited to see this she looked over to Fomantis and began to sniff her. "Rockruff!" ("Do you want to play too!") It wasn't much of a question but she knew that this Grass Type was close to Duke's Rockruff and it would be more fun if there was three of them.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody's Steenee seemed to smile as its counterpart opened up however slowly as it returned the dance motion and continued to do so before she paused for her own introduction. "Stee!" (I am also Steenee, nice to meet you!).

Melody herself saw the Aipom she had gone to greet as it extended its tail hand as if to offer a handshake and she smiled back as she moved her hand to gently grab and shake it in kind. "A pleasure Aipom, I hope we both get along well."

Teiran’s Steenee smiled, feeling more comfortable. She looked at Melody’s Steenee dancing, and smiled, admiring how beautifully she danced.

“Do you mind if I join you?” Steenee asked her counterpart.

"A bit less what?" Duke asked, unsure if he misheard a word from her but as she provided the explanation on wanting others to be happy Duke smiled at that as he thought back home to a figure who matched that spirit in kind.

Rockruff smiled as it felt its spirits slowly, slowly but surely begin to rise as Fomantis dropped its shocked expression as Crystal approached and offered it to join their fun and the grass type quickly accepted. This seems fair enough. "Fo?" (Okay but what are we playing?)

Aipom grinned ear to ear as it shook Melody's hand with its tail, as the monkey Pokemon quickly scaled a nearby tree. Using its hands it grabbed a green apple then scaled down in a flash as it moved next to Melody and presented it to her with its tail as a token of friendship one presumed. "Pom!"

SaiyanDakon

"Well, she's a little less worried about battle. I still say that's a good thing." Nova replied and she smiled brightly at Crystal wanting to invite Fomantis along for playing.

"Rockruff!" ("We're playing Tag!") Crystal spoke quickly as she crouched down on her front paws, staring at the Grass Type. She appeared to be not even remotely afraid that she was the weakness to Fomantis, mainly because she was in the mood for having fun and that was all the time...mostly.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody smiled a bit at the gift as she took the apple and nodded in appreciation before she took a bite of it as instantly the fresh fruit watered in her mouth. "Aw, that was tasty. Thank you." Melody said, and as token she reached in her Pocket and pulled some Poke Treats as she crouched down and offered it to the Aipom as it seemed fair.

Her Steenee smiled and extended its appendage to it inviting Terian's over to join her. "Nee!" (Of course, dancing is better with company.)

Steenee grabbed her counterparts hand and started to dance with her, happy that she had made a friend despite her shy nature.

Teiran was very happy to play with all the Pokémon, introducing herself to them, giving them hugs, and she made sure to cuddle with the Pokémon who were comfortable with her doing so (most of which were her own Pokémon).

"I can see that, and agree. I personally love battle and know my team does, but no two Pokemon are wired the same. It's good to find their interests and support that whatever they may be." Duke said with a smile as the energetic Crystal really had been an additional source of joy around here.

"Fo...mantis?" (Tag...well okay but who would be it first?) Fomantis asked, as her general uneasness while still somewhat sheepish began to drop as Crystal seemed friendly in general rather than well...what she was not sure what she thought she may have been. At this stage Duke's Rockruff walked up and offered its two cents.

"Ruff!?" (I can go first if you two are okay with it)

In Teiran's hug quest, she would find among Duke's party that Donphan oddly enough was the most cuddle loving of the group as it pulled her gently with its trunk and gave as gentle a hug as it could to the girl who spread love all throughout the field.

Aipom saw the Poke Food that the Melody girl had left for it, and with a grin the monkey Pokemon began to chow down and with a enthusiastic hum seemed to enjoy the meal greatly. "Aipom!"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody smiled as she worked to pet the Aipom on the head, if it would allow her to of course, as she saw out of the corner of her eye Teiran who seemed to be on a hug spree among any interested Pokemon. Well Litten was never one to be all about that cuddly stuff so it took a pass though Pikachu had been more than willing to make up for it as she jumped to Teiran and aimed to snuggle and hug the girl if she'd allow her the chance. Once she was down with other Poekmon, such as that large Donphan of course.

Steenee herself also seemed happy she found a friend, as she danced with her counterpart with a big smile on her face as the Pokemon gradually became use to this new group they seemed destined to travel with going forward. And honestly, Melody would not have had it any other way.

SaiyanDakon

Crystal seemed to be pleased and she wagged her tail quickly. She nudged Duke's Rockruff then nodded. "Ruff!" (Sure! Go ahead!) She said eagerly before she jumped back and prepared to run from the other Rockruff. She knew that he would have a bit of fun to get him out of the melancholy.

"I'm still going to train her a bit to where she knows how to battle but I think that'll be about it." Nova replied gently, staring at her Pokemon.

"A wise move, it is good to have your Pokemon be strong in any context. I trust your judgement." Duke said as he encouraged Nova on her desires with the playful Crystal.

Fomantis was a bit sheepish, but eventually Crystal's energy got to her as she smiled and moved fast as she could in preparation. Duke's Rockruff in turn gave the pair chance to get a head start before he sprinted after them as he chased Crystal first. The tag had began!

Aipom smiled as it moved to nuzzle its head against her hand finding the action quite soothing.

SaiyanDakon

"Thank you, Duke. Do you think your Rockruff will evolve into the same Lycanroc that Glacier has?" Nova asked, quite curious about it.

Crystal grinned and she began to run off, her tail still wagging quite quickly as she knew that Duke's Rockruff was going to have a lot of fun playing tag. She glanced back at him, making sure that he could catch up.

Teiran giggled as she cuddled Melody’s Pikachu, who seemed rather eager for hugs opposed to her Litten.

Tieran also enjoyed hugs from Duke’s Donphan, snuggling it as well as Pikachu. She had a big goofy grin on her face, and she couldn’t get enough of Pokémon affection, often kissing her own Pokémon on the forehead, or any that would allow her.

"Depends when he is ready to evolve. If he desires to wait to midnight for his eventual evolution, he should follow the same path but it is up to him." Duke admitted, as really time of day decided this for the Rockruff line more than anything else and he had no control of that.

Rockruff seemed to keep pace with Crystal, though she seemed a step quicker much to his (Amused) annoyance. "Ruff!" (I will get you!). During this Fomantis had run off to the side and tried to hide herself behind a tree as if to avoid being seen by either Rockruff to avoid being possibly tagged.

Donphan enjoyed the hug, careful not to crush the pair but also providing enough warmth to fully enjoy the embrace. Brushing Teiran's back gently with the trunk as the large lumbering ground type had enjoyed this little moment of affection.

SaiyanDakon

"A Midnight Form Lycanroc.....hey, wait... wasn't there another form of Lycanroc, Duke?" Glacier asked as he thought about it more. Come to think of it, there had to be the opposite form for Midnight but he couldn't remember the name.

Crystal seemed to laugh a bit and she rushed towards the trees and she started to hide herself as well, not seeing Fomantis near her. If she was going to get tagged then she wanted to run with someone.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Litten naturally had been sheepish to hug, though Pikachu made up for it and even offered her forehead for a kiss if Terian desired it as the electric rodent seemed to sense that. Which caused Melody who had observed the scene to giggle as she found it all to be so precious and innocent.

Yeah, this was a nice group. She'd have no issues sticking around them that had been for sure.

He was camping in the woods thinking on not being alone in his Journey since he was always alone in all his adventures, his pikachu got out of his bag and asked Angel if they could travel with someone for him to make freinds and have more experienced on travling with someone than his pokemon "pikachu...", he looked at pikachu and understood what he said, he didnt want to travel with people but he got out of his camp and packed his stuff, he went searching for people he could travel with.

Teiran gave the Pikachu a small forehead kiss, and snuggled closer to Donphan, smiling. It made her think; did she really want to battle for the rest of her life? It gave her Pokémon some experience if they were ever to be in danger, but other than that she didn’t really find any fun in the activity. It wasn’t very enjoyable.

Teiran liked to snuggle with Pokémon, perform with them, share memories with them - even sleep with them. Pokémon battling might just be a good training thing once in a while. She didn’t enjoy it as much as she used to at the beginning of her journey.

He was roaming around trying to find some people he could travel with, on the way he caught a rockruff, he saw some people he could travel with, he walked to Teiran, "hello...are you traveling to challenge the Trails if you are can i travel with you...?", he hoped she would say yes if he can travel with them anyways since his pikachu wanted him to make freinds.

Teiran turned to the newcomer, still smiling brightly and hugging with the Pokémon.

“Yeah, you can totally come with us! The more the merrier!” she said, before holding out a hand to the newcomer. “I’m Teiran!”

He was happy that she would let him travel with them, "...thanks for letting me travel with you", he shaked her hand, "...My name is Angel nice to meet you Teiran...!", His pikachu got out of his bag and went to his shoulders, "pikachu!", his pikachu was excited to meet new poeple.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody had also turned to the newcomer of the group as she offered a light smile, seems they'd get a new addition to the group already so her status as "new" member was already expired. Not that she had a complaint over it. "Hello there, my name is Melody. Welcome to our little group."

While her own Pikachu snuggled with Teiran, Litten stared at the new arrival and his own Pikachu curiously though avoided moving too close as that indifferent expression masked its genuine interest in the pair.