• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Rockruff! Fomantis come out and help!"

Duke had called out his two, relative, newer additions to the team while Charizard had been pelting the oncoming Slandits with strikes from its Wing Attack. Fomantis would use a series of Razor Leaves to stun the Slandits while Rockruff would perform a follow up attack that would pelt the Slandits with Rock Blasts.

The hoard would fall back into the woods.
"Good work, team!" He said.
"By the way, Duke. How about we do a battle of the Giants while we wait for the Kahuna. My Lairon Versus your Charizard!" He said, smiling. He sent out Lairon, and it smiled, raising in triumph.

Duke would grin at this, as he glanced over to the others.

"I apologize if this wastes time, but I cannot say not to a challenge. Neither can he." Duke said in reference to Charizard, who smirked as it took a step forward and let loose a loud roar. Duke liked to refer to it as Charizard's battle cry as his partner was ready for battle. Duke struck a series of eccentric, Power Rangers-esque poses which was similar but different from what he had used to greet others. Duke finished and gave a grin.

"We're ready when you two are." Duke said as he was excited for a chance to battle a friend with his partner Pokemon.

"Okay, Lairon, Rock Blast!" He said. Lairon, quick for how bulky he was, shot blasts of boulders at high-speed at the Blaze Dragon.
"Then follow it with Flash Cannon!" He yelled as Lairon then shot a beam of blinding metal that boosted the power of the Rock Blast that it followed, along with doing damage itself.

"Dragon Claw!" Duke called out in response as Charizard's clews began to glow before it would attempt to slice through the rocks fired from Lairon's Rock Blast. Wasn't easy, especially given the boost they would receive from the Flash Cannon, which is why a few made it past its guard and pelted the Fire-type. However, Charizard eventually cleared all the rocks before Duke would give his next command.

"Take the the Sky! And prepare a Seismic Toss!" Duke called out as Charizard took to the air before it would begin to dive down towards Lairon with the attempt and aim to get in close to try and grab it to set up its Seismic Toss.

Lairon was grabbed, and was practically helpless.
"Charge a Hyper Beam!" He yelled. Lairons mouth began to glow pink and white.
Power was beginning to come out of the holes in Lairon's iron-skull plates. The creases in his body were realeasing heat.

Lairon's weight, along with the heat it generated, made lifting it in the air a more difficult task then usual for Charizard. However, the shiny Fire-type had been no stranger to lifting large creatures with capabilities that made it harder, and as such eventually it lifted Lairon high in the air. Once it had done that, it began to fly in a circle in an effort to build up momentum before it would toss Lairon to the ground.

Duke from down below saw Lairon charging the Hyper Beam, this would be troubling as once Charizard let go it would give Lairon an opportunity to blast it. Still Duke had to roll the dice here.

"Use Iron head!!!" He yelled. He did this in order to make the Cahrizard let go.
Lairon used it, but due to the charging power, the iron head set on FIRE!
"Whoa! I gotta try that as a real combo!" He said, as Lairon attempted to slam his head into Cahrizard's head.

Charizard felt the blow from Lairon's Iron Head, but had managed to toss Lairon for the Seismic Toss which would now send Lairon on a collision course with the ground below. Duke had a grin as both Rockruff and Fomantis watched with interest.

Daniel and Kemen stood/sat in silence, watching the battle. They kinda hoped that it would be over soon, as they was eager to meet the island kahuna, Olivia.

Kemen glanced down at the ring on Daniel's middle finger. Someday, he'd replace it with a wedding ring...That he was more sure of than anything.

"Dragon Claw to block!" Duke called out as Charizard had successfully tossed Lairon to the ground but would not have been able to avoid the Hyper Beam. Charizard's claws shinned with energy as it tried its best to block the blast, which it was doing well. Unfortantly it did push Charizard back and sent it crashing into a cave wall which did damage, but Charizard and Duke hoped Larion would suffer some as well as it fell to the ground from the Seismic Toss.

Lairon got up. It's health was limited. "Grr... Lairon's almost finished. Let's give em' all we got!" He said, and he was filled with determination. Lairon was filled too. "Rock Blast!" He yelled. Lairon jumped forewards and shot multiple blasts of rocks. It's aim was right in the nail.

Charizard managed to recover from being blasted to the cave wall in time to see the incoming Rock Blast. Duke knew he had to respond quickly, which is what he did.

"Evasive maneuvers! Get close and use Fire Blast!" Duke called out as Charizard took to the air and began to dodge each and every rock that came its way, with one exception that grazed its left thigh. However, Charizard held on and once it was close enough fired a powerful Fire Blast aimed right at the Lairon.

The blast struck Lairon, and it was flung backwards into the cave wall. "No!" Daymon yelled as it struck the ground. Then, it got up slowly. It had bruises and cuts all over it. Seemed it was over.
But then, Lairon roared. It began to glow a Bright blue. It's body started to grow upward as it became bipedal. It's eyes gained a blade-like sharpness. It's body became more bladed, and the light subsided to see us find... A Aggron.
"Whoa! You evolved!!!" He yelled. Aggron roared, and stomped its fist. "Okay! It says in the Dex' that Aggron learned Rock Slide!" He said. Then, Aggron used the move. It sent rocks hurdling down from the sky at Charizard.

"Very amusing."

Daniel and Kemen looked to the left, to see an unfamiliar woman standing near the entrance to the shrine room. She was wearing heavy, unpolished jewellery, and she had a lycanroc at her side.

She smirked, at Daniel and Kemen's confusion.

"My apologies," she simply said, "I didn't mean to barge in like that. I'm Olivia, the Kahuna of Akala Island."

Aggron stopped it's attacks. "Oh. Hello, Olivia." He said, bowing a little before the island Kahuna. "My name is Daymon." He said. Aggron layed on its back, extremely tired from the fighting. "Heh. Funny. You're a rock type, and Olivia trains them." He said, laughing a bit.

Duke had been prepared to give a response to Charizard to deal with the newely evolved Aggron's attack, but then the arrival of Olivia put that to a halt. Charizard landed next to Duke who turned his focus on the Island Kahuna.

"Greetings Olivia, my name is Duke and this is my partner Charizard. A pleasure to meet you." Duke said as he had again done his Power Rangers style greetings poses with Charizard for Olivia much as he had done with everyone else he met for the first time. Duke quickly assumed a relaxed stance along with Charizard as he waited to hear what Olivia had to say.

"I'm on break at my jewellery shop, so I thought I'd come visit the ruins, but, it seems that I've run into a group of trainers instead," she commented, "So, while I'm here, I might as well ask, are any of you planning to challenge me?"

"I'm not," Daniel assured her, "I'm a coordinator, not a trainer..."

"And I'm a top performer, in another region," Kemen added, "My talents are in the field of performing, not battling."

"I'll challenge you. I've beaten the Gtand Trail of Melemele, as well as the Trials of Akala. I'm here to battle you all out. How does three on three sound?" He asked, his Aggron roaring. "It would be good if you would accept my challenge." He siad, bowing.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"All right, Daymon! Show her what you've got!" Glacier cheered. He grinned like he was 10 again and remembered his Grand Trial when he challeneged Olivia.

(Can't be arsed to write out all of your full battles, so just auto them as you see fit )

Daniel and Kemen eatched as Olivia sent forth her Lycanroc, wondering what this famous Kahuna would do. Kemen was anticipating a great show, much like the ones he delivered in his showcases, but in battle.

Comfey was quickly knocked out by a Flash Cannon. "Dang it!" He said. Then, he sent in Aggron, who was in a tough battle with the tough-as-nails Pokemon. The two tied in the battle, and Daymon was left with his last Pokemon, Marshtomp, which he sent out.

Marstomp and Relicanth had a knockout fight. Just when it seemed one gained the lead, the other would take charge. Then, Olivia and her Relicanth struck Marshtomp with a Continental Crush. Marshtomp was finished, until it unleashed a Powerful Scald to win the match. "We did it!" Yelled Daymon, and Marshtomp cheered as well.

"Alright, you beat me," Olivia said happily, "Now, let me just get you your Rockium Z, and demonstrate what you need to do to activate it."

She handed over a rockium Z, before demonstrating the pose. Daniel and Kemen watched intently, as the performer inspected Daniel's chair for damage.

"Thank you." He said, bowing and accepting her gift. "I must ask you for something. Hala said he would give me a Z-Power Ring, but he ran out. He told me to talk to you about it when I met you." He said, smiling and shrugging.

"A Z-ring? Ah, yes, I have your Z ring right here," Olivia answered, reaching into her bag, "I carved it by hand!"

Olivia made quick, yet skilled work of the stone used for Z-rings, as she did for every other piece of jewellery in her shop.

"Thank you." He said, smiling and taking the ring. He placed his new Rockium inside it. A bronzelike gleam emitted from it as it reflected in the sun. "Anyway, come on out, Skarmory." He siad, sending out the metallic bird. "Also, go Aggron!" He said, sending it out as well. "I want to test my new Rockium." He siad.

"Test it out you say?" Duke asked with a grin as he walked up to Daymon with Charizard by his side. Duke then glanced back at Daniel and Kemen.

"Well, either of you want to go a round with Daymon so he can test his Rockium?" Duke asked the performer pair as he did not want to hog all the battles and was willing to give either of them a chance for a friendly battle if they wanted it.

"A contest battle, maybe," Daniel answered, "But I'm not really in the mood for a real battle right now. My coordinator muscles are aching for a good workout...'specially cuz my actual muscles are no good!"

Daniel's casualness about his condition pricked Kemen's heart a bit, but he dismissed it, getting back to the topic at hand. "I'd prefer a contest battle, too," he concurred, "Real battles aren't really my strong suit. I'm the Nita King, not the champion..."

SaiyanDakon

"I'll do it..." Nova said, determined. "I've been waiting to see a Z-Move in action." Espeon hopped beside Nova and nodded in agreement.

Daymon shrugged. "Okay, Glacier." He said. Aggron roared, and Daymon heald up his glistening Rockium Z. "Let's go!"
"Comfey?" Squealed his partner, and it looked around. It saw something move, but it was sure to be nothing.

SaiyanDakon

Nova smiled and nodded to Espeon. Espeon nodded in return and growled at Espeon in a challenging way. "We're ready!" Nova called to Daymon.

Glacier watched his sister prepare for battle. She'll be a tough opponent for Daymon. Let them battle both with passion. He thought.

"Use Rock Slide!!!" He yelled, and Aggron sent a bunch of Boulders down to smash Espeon. A few of them were embedded with gemstones and raw metals. "Yeah!" He siad, pumping his fist as the first one hit the ground and made a really good crater.