• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"I'll stay with Terian. I'll have a chance to meet him once he gets out." Said Daymon. He walked over to Terian. "Um... Sorry about before... With the Aerial Ace..." Said Daymon. He wasn't very good with apologies, since he only apologized to his younger sister when she got mad at him for kicking her but in Pokemon, but she was the only one, basically.

Akio's noticed that Teiran was hurt from the Skarmory. He had no idea why everyone was rushing but he walked over to Damion and Teiran.
"...sorry guys...I was too focused on Teiran getting hurt and the battle I have no idea whats going on." He confessed to them. "Mind catching me up?"

"Eh, it's fine. I've been through worse." Teiran said, still looking out the window.

Then she turned to Akio.

"Something's wrong with Daniel. I don't know what it was, but Duke seemed to rush to the hospital as soon as possible, so I'm guessing it's bad." Teiran said, as she pet the sleeping Brionne.

A little later, the pain had dulled enough for Daniel to be able to fall asleep, still holding Kemen's hand. The attending nurse kept his IV topped up, while the ward matron feverishly went through records with his rheumatologist back in Unova.

"He's responded very well to the topical anaesthetic we gave him," she began, "So, do you think it would be wise to give him a weaker variant, to take regularly?"

"If his normal course of medications aren't working, then yes," the rheumatologist answered, "I'd recommend giving him a course of anti-psychotics as well. They're excellent for fibromyalgia."

"Understood. We'll monitor him, and let him go, with the new medications, when he can function again."

"Heh. Okay." Said Daymon. "And yeah. That's what happened." Daymon said, relating to Terian's statement. "Nice to see ya." He said. He wondered where Akio had gone in the rush, so it was nice to see him around.

Duke would pace back and forth, finding the rule that kept Teiran's partner out of the room to be rather untimely. However, Duke would support Teiran by remaining by her side and would wait it out; while wishing nothing for the best for Daniel.

Stay strong my friend, stay strong...

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier nodded. "Excuse me, nurse...I'll go see Daniel. The one with the Nita King." He said. Nova looked back at Glacier and nodded then turn back to Teiran and Brionne. Glacier glanced over and nodded in return. Okay...this is for them....I too...want to see Daniel. He thought.

"He's in A and E," she informed him, "Go down the corridor on the right, and turn left."

Daniel's case had baffled the staff. It was very rare for a boy his age to have fibromyalgia, let alone a boy at all...

SaiyanDakon

((Holy Crap...2560 posts. Also who has read Legend?))

"Thank you." Glacier said, following the instructions carefully. He went down into the corridor on the right. Then he took a left, as the nurse said, and looked for the Room A and E. "Its this section..but where is the room?" He muttered.

(Never heard of it. And A and E is pretty much the UK equivalent of the ER...)

The nurse in charge of Daniel's case was still on the phone, arranging an appropriate course of action.

"Got it. We'll try Daniel on that, and see how he feels."

SaiyanDakon

(Ok. Gotcha)

Glacier walked past the room A and E. That might've been it...He thought, stopping. He turned and went toward the door. Glacier knocked on it twice politely then waited for a response.

The door flew open, revealing Kemen, sat holding Daniel's hand. He was conscious now, though he was still in a great deal of pain.

Kemen barely reacted to Glacier's presence, instead focusing on Daniel. His poor, dear Daniel.

SaiyanDakon

"Oh no..." Glacier said quietly. He walked in slowly and bowed slightly. "Kemen...How's he doing?" Glacier dared ask, getting back up. He was worried for his coordinator friend. Who does this remind me of....Someone I met once...He thought, thinking back to Unova.

"Not good. Nothing they're doing seems to be helping," he informed him, squeezing Daniel's hand, "They can't keep dosing him up on morphine, though..."

"My current medications aren't helping," Daniel groaned, "So they're trying to find something else that can help me...

SaiyanDakon

"Daniel. I know you can surpass this illness...just try..." Glacier said, kneeling down. He wasn't sure what else to say, so he just said what he thought was right or at least motivational. "None of us want to lose you...but they have to find something to cure this. Something must...." Glacier stopped midway, figuring something out. Does he know what can cure him? He thought. Glacier turned to Daniel. "Do you know what can possibly help?" He asked, "I can go find it...whatever it is."

Daniel shok his head. "My condition is incurable. All that they can do is give me medication, to ease the pain..."

Kemen squeezed Daniel's hand harder. "Fibromyalgia isn't terminal, but it is chronic. It's a nerve disorder which causes a variety of symptoms, most notably, constant pain. If not treated, it can leave you bed-bound for life."

The boy gripped the sheet. "Occasionally, I have flares, when my pain gets worse for a bit, but...This isn't a flare. It's just that my condition's permantly changed. Now, I need new medications, and fast, or else I won't be able to do anything, not even dress or feed myself anymore..."

SaiyanDakon

"Darnit...I thought it could be curable. Well...that cancels that." He said, getting somber a little. Glacier looked at Kemen and frowned a little. "Kemen...please watch over him like a hawk. I wouldn't want anything wrong to happen to Daniel." Glacier said, gripping his side.

"I will. I'm not leaving this hospital without him," Kemen said affirmatively, gripping his hand tight, "Daniel, I'll be here, ok?"

Daniel nodded, hissing in pain. "O-ok..."

Kemen held him close. "Daniel, I love you, and I promise that I'll stay with you, no matter what."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier nodded and got up. He opened the door and exited the room. Before closing the door, Glacier took one last glance at Daniel. "Be strong..." He muttered then he closed the door and went back to the entrance where the rest of his friends were waiting.

Duke saw Glacier return and immediately became interested with him.

"So, how is he?" Duke asked, naturally referencing Daniel as he wanted to know his friend's current condition.

SaiyanDakon

"Not good. None of his medications are working...so they're trying something new..." Glacier responded sadly. He sighed and gripped his side tighter. "Duke.....I..." He muttered as his hand fell on Zoroark's Luxury Ball.

In an instant, Duke went over and would make the motion to pull Glacier into a hug. It was clear Daniel's condition was serious, and it was hard for Glaicer.

However, they needed to be strong. For Daniel's sake.

"All we can do then is hope for the best, falling into depression isn't gonna help Daniel or yourself. We have to support him now and trust the medical staff that they will take care of him." Duke advised, speaking so only Glacier could hear him as he tried to offer comfort.

SaiyanDakon

"Yeah...you're right..." Glacier said, "All we do now is wait and hope for the best. I know Daniel should be able to overcome this."

Nova looked over at Glacier and giggled silently. "You sound like father sometimes." She whispered.

A nurse arrived shortly, carrying a large supply of anti-psychotics, and topical anaesthetic.

"Daniel, your rheumatologist recommended this course of medications," she began, "We'll try you on them for a month, and be sure to go back to hospital if they're not working, alright?"

Daniel swallowed. "A-alright." They would work. They had to work. And if they didn't...He'd go for his dream, even if it killed him.

Daymon silently waited. His heart kept beating. 'Hm... I wonder... No. Best not to think about them.' He thought, but as he thought it, he accidentally said; "Best not to think about them." Out loud. "Crap." He said.

Duke smiled and gave a nod at this, before he would walk back over to Teiran to see how she was doing.

This isn't an easy time, but we have to remain strong.

"Daniel's current medication isn't working, so the medical staff are gonna try an alternative method to treat his symptoms. Least that's what Glacier has informed me." Duke explained, giving Teiran the details of Daniel's current condition to the best of his knowledge.

Akio walked over to them and overheard everything
"Wait what...We...have to," Akio stuttered, he didn't want his friend in pain, "Someone please, I refuse to lose a friend..not after Kanto..." Marowak suddenly turned to Akio with tearful eyes from the memory.

A little after he'd taken the medications, Daniel was feeling...Ok, at least. He had enough energy to move, and he wasn't in as much pain as before, so the hospital decided to discharge him, on the condition that he have someone with him, to watch his delicate health at all times.

Kemen took extra care as he pushed Daniel out into the waiting room, where the others were.

Daymon looked around. "One second. I have to get something. I hear they are good for soothing." He said, leaving. He was gone for a while. Marshtomp sat in his sport, looking derpy as usual. "Marshtomp."(Wow. This is so clean.) he said in Pokespeak.

Duke took note of Kemen wheeling Daniel into the waiting room as he quickly moved towards his friend.

"Are you alright Daniel?" Duke asked, with natural concern but also the hope that Daniel being here could only be good news.

"They've put me on new medications," he answered, "So for now, I should be ok to move. They said I need someone with me at all times, to watch me, though."

Kemen cleared his throat. "I'll be taking that duty," he answered, "I'll make sure that he takes his medications, and doesn't overexert himself."

Daniel pouted. "You sound like my mum, Kemen..."

"I mean it," the taller boy insisted, "Daniel, I can't have anything happening to you, not on my watch. I love you way too much for that to happen."

"Hey only sounds like that because he cares. He just wants to make sure you are okay, we all do." Duke said, while Daniel may have felt Kemen was being a little overbearing, it only showed just how much he cared for him.

"And take it from me, listening to the doctors can save your life." Duke said with a grin.

"I know," Daniel huffed, "And it's not like I haven't been overprotective of Kemen before. I visited him every day, when he was recovering from a stage-dive induced concussion..."

"It was an awesome stage-dive, though," Kemen answered, "And I defended my title!"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova looked over at Daniel and Kemen coming over their way. "Oh thank goodness..." Glacier said, full of relief.

Nova's Espeon hopped onto her shoulder, causing the trainer to stumble a little. "I'm glad you're okay..." She smiled lightly.