• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Skarmory, fly down into a steel wing!" Yelled Daymon. Skarmory flew down, flashing steel. It's wings were enveloped in a harsh, metallic light. "Strike!" Yelled Daymon, and Skarmory flew straight to hit Brionne.

"Fly up!" Yelled Daymon. But it was too late. Skarmory was hit in the right wing. It faltered, and landed on the ground. "Okay, Use Air Slash!" Daymon yelled. Skarmory got at close range and shot a sharp cutter of air straight at Brionne.

Kemen reached into his pocket as his pokegear buzzed. His face fell as he read the messages on screen.

Kemen, can you come back to the hotel?

Seriously...

My pokemon need feeding, but I'm in so much pain that I can barely move...

Kemen shook his head, returning Don to his pokeball.

"If anyone needs me, I'l be at the hotel," he announced, before dashing off.

"You guys rock!" Akio shouted in approval of their battle style. Marowak cheered for both teams while using his bone like a cheerleader's stick.
"Charmeleon!" Charmeleon was biased for Brionne to win no matter what.

Kemen dashed back to the hotel, bursting into Daniel's room. He gasped, bolting to his side when he saw him passed out on the floor, a half-empty can of grass-type jelly in his hand.

"Daniel! Are you alright?" he asked, sliding a toned arm under the boy's legs.

Daniel stirred only slightly, coughing. "K-Kemen...It hurts..."

Kemen shook his head, scooping him up and placing him back in his wheelchair. Lopunny helped him belt up, before the two rushed him to the city hospital.

"Hang in there," Kemen told him gently, "You're gonna be ok."

Duke noticed Kemen leave, and decided to check in to see how he was doing. Going on the assumption he was going to check on Daniel. Duke pulled out his Pokegear and dialed Kemen's number hoping to get through to him.

Kemen handed Daniel over to a nurse, before he took Duke's call.

"Hey, is there something up?" he enquired, "Because I can't go right now. Daniel's gone into shock, and I've had to take him to hospital..."

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
(I Have Missed So Much. I never got a notification! Could I just have like a simple battle between Glacier and Nova instead of the Tournament?)

Nova looked down and sighed, knowing that herself and Glacier missed the matches. "Hey. Cheer up sis. We'll get there next time." He said, trying to reassure her. Espeon was looking at Nova sympathetically and nudged her leg. "Okay...its fine. How about we battle now? A two on two?" She asked hopefully. Glacier thought about the idea and nodded, putting a hand on his side. "Sure. Why not?" He said, smiling. The two ran out of the tournament area and to the Pokemon Center to get set up about the idea.

"H-hospital! I'll be there in a flash!" Duke yelled before he shut off his Pokegear and turned to the others.

"D-daniel's in shock, he's been taken to the hospital. I'm gonna go to him, I'll see you guys later." Duke explained to Teiran and the others before he ran out of the Pokemon Center and called out his Charizard.

"To the hospital, and with great speed!" Duke instructed as he got on Charizard's back and flew to the hospital.

Kemen went straight back to Daniel, holding his hand as the staff tried a variety of drugs to lessen his pain. His usual medications had failed to take effect, and he was now in so much pain that he was going into shock.

"Alright, we'll start a diazepam IV, and see if that helps," a nurse explained, strapping a mask to Daniel's face, "If it doesn't, we'll look at his case file again."

"Got it," Kemen said affirmatively.

After Teiran heard Duke say something about a hospital, Teiran dove onto the battlefield, the Aerial Ace hitting her to the side instead of Brionne. Teiran flew to the other side of the battlefield, as the side of her cheek hit the dirt. But through the pain in her long, not too deep cut, she stood up. She dashed over to Brionne, and picked him up, dashing in hot pursuit of Duke and his Charizard, until she reached the hospital.

Duke and Charizard landed in front of the hospital, turning back to see Teiran dashing close behind them.

Man, she's fast. Oh well that's not important right now.

Duke entered with Charizard in toe and went to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, we are friends of Daniel and heard he has recently come in here. Is he okay? Can we go see him?" Duke asked, a slight panic in his voice as he spoke as he wanted to go see Daniel to make sure his friend was okay.

"He's stabilized, for now," she answered, "But before you head over to A and E, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to put your pokemon away. For security reasons, only service pokemon are allowed to be out in here."

Duke gave a nod, as he quickly returned his Charizard into its Pokeball. No reason to argue here, it was a perfectly sound reason. Duke waited for Teiran to do the same.

Teiran looked at Brionne, who looked up at her sadly. Teiran couldn't bare put the Pokemon in a Pokeball, especially after all they've been through. Only if the Pokemon fainted, would she put it in a Pokeball.

"Sorry ma'am, but I can't. Me and Brionne have been through a lot, and he's only been in a Pokeball twice. Once when I got him, and twice when she fainted." Teiran said, as she held Brionne close to her chest. "Brionne won't cause any harm, I swear it. He's good."

"It's a must, I'm afraid," she said coldly, "Some of our patients have allergies to pokemon fur, and having your brionne out here while they are being treated for serious illnesses and injuries might set them off. Unless that brionne is a service pokemon, i.e, you need it on hand to help you at all times, I must once again,mrespectfully ask you to put it away."

"Oh come on, surely you can let this slide? I can vouch for Teiran and say her Pokemon is not gonna cause any problems. We're just gonna go visit Daniel, who has no allergic reactions to the Pokemon in question. I can even help keep it away from any patients who might have medical issues with it." Duke said, speaking up for Teiran as he could tell the idea of being in a Pokeball was not one either enjoyed.

(True sea lions actually do have fur XD though it's very thin in some species. And blubber refers to their subcutaneous (Below the skin) fat layer)

"Then I'm sorry, but I can't let you into the hospital," she replied, "It's a violation of the health and safety code to have pokemon whom patients and visitors don't physically need with them at all times. If I let this slide, even just once, I'd get fired, and this whole hospital could be closed down. Please understand that."

--------

Daniel, meanwhile, was barely resisting the urge to scream, as a nurse applied topical anaesthetic to his tenderest points.

"It hurts," he complained, crushing Kemen's hand.

"I know it does, txiki, but you'll start to feel better soon," Kemen answered, "You just gotta hang in there until it starts working."

Last edited:
Duke balls his hands into fists, he felt this policy was fine on its own but there had to be exceptions for every rule and this should be considered one of them. Duke wanted to go see Daniel, but he didn't want to leave Teiran or exclude her Brionne.

This whole situation is sickening. Daniel I hope you're okay...

"Just found out one of our friends, Daniel, was sent here. His condition is stable, but we know nothing else. Having trouble getting in to visit since this place doesn't let people pass with your Pokemon out of its Pokeball unless it's a service Pokemon and Teiran's Brionne hates being in a Pokeball." Duke explained, doing his best to summarize the situation so Daymon had even a general idea of what was going on.

"Eh, uh... Oh." He said. He then had a recollection. "Yeah. My big sis, Lillian, had a broken foot after falling of a low cliff in this region's canyon. My Marshtomp was a Mudkip, and it didn't like its Poke'Ball back then, and they wouldn't let me go in." He said.

(LOL, R.I.P my knowledge)

Teiran saw Daymon walk in.

"Oh, hi." she said, as she held Brionne close.

She then sat down on one of the chairs, Brionne in her lap, as she put her chin in her hand, giving short glares to the nurse, not caring wether she saw or not.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova sprinted out of the Pokemon Center and towards the hospital, or wherever they saw Teiran going. Nova had to rest a little because she couldn't keep up. Glacier stopped as well so Nova could catch her breathe. He called out Zoroark and had her practice Flamethrower on some rocks. "I hope this doesn't affect anything...but I haven't seen Daniel or Kemen and I'm quite worried about them." He muttered. Nova looked over at Glacier then at Zoroark before getting up. She ran off towards the hospital entrance and went inside once she got there. Glacier and Zoroark followed afterward.

(The day I learned that was incredible...I was up in Scotland, watching Iain Valentine talk about pandas...)

She didn't bat an eyelid, instead turning her attention to the two who'd rushed in through the door.

"Excuse me, did you need something?" she asked them.

------/----------------------

"Ok, Daniel, how are you feeling?" the nurse asked gently, "How's the pain?"

The topical anaesthetic had numbed the areas a little, reducing his pains to a more tolerable chilly sensation. "B-better, I guess," he answered.

"Alright. Well, we'll keep you topped up on emla cream, and contact your rheumatologist back home," she answered, "We'll try you on a stronger set of painkillers."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier crossed his arms and looked at the nurse. "We're friends of Daniel..." He said, turning to Teiran.

Nova walked over to her. "What happened?" She asked.

Glacier looked at Zoroark and recalled her. "Your flamethrower is impressive but we'll need more time. First we need to see what this little dilemma is." He muttered.

"Oh, uh, I'm with them." Said Daymon. He took out some trail mix with tortilla chips. Daymon crunched on his food. "Umm. If that's okay with you." He said, his vice a bit muffled up by the food in his mouth.

SaiyanDakon

"That's him." Glacier said, worried, "Is he going to be okay?" He was sure that Daniel would be all right but if its this serious then...

Nova looked equally worried for Daniel's health.

"He's stabilised," she answered, "He's in A and E right now, if you'd like to go through and see him. But be careful, since he's just come down from being in shock, he'll still be very delicate."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier looked over at Teiran, Duke and Nova. His sister shook his head and sat down next to Teiran. "What do you guys think? Should I go see him for you?" Glacier asked his equally worried friends.

"I'm fine, I'll see him when he gets out. You go ahead. Daniel needs all his friends." Teiran said, as she pet Brionne, who had fallen asleep by now.

Teiran was bummed about not being able to see Daniel, because of Brionne, and she couldn't help but frown as she stared out a nearby window, away from the group.