• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Duke raised an eyebrow. He had not seen a tactic like the one Garchomp used when it came to Draco Meteor.

Eating an attack of your own to boost yourself, how intriguing.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"This....Is....IT!" Glacier shouted, feeling all fired up. Garchomp roared as he felt the boost inflict him. "Rush it!" He shouted. Garchomp ran toward Machoke through the sandstorm.

"Jump and Dive!" Teiran said calmly, folding her arms. Machoke jumped high into the air and diving, a fist in front of him like a super hero, aiming for the head of Garchomp. That was his prize, just one more hit on Garchomp.

SaiyanDakon

"Up!" Glacier commanded. Garchomp altered his rushed movements upward toward Machoke, never letting out of his sight. "Power it up! Dragon Claw and don't stop following it!" He added. Garchomp's claws began glowing and moved faster at Machoke. Glacier had to make sure Machoke doesn't land a hit, though it would take a while to take these powerhouses down.

"Wow, what a strategy, Glacier!" Jonathan called. He'd never seen anything like it. He had to keep watching. "This is intense," he said to himself. "I need to become that strong. I'll challenge Teiran next." A move boosting power other than attacking was Jonathan's new observation he had to take notes of. Jonathan recorded every battle technique he saw, and this one needed to be. "Just think. If I can attain the bond evident between the Trainers and their Poke'Mon, I won't ever have a battle against me!"

(This is really stupid to have gone on this long. I'll finish this.)

The two moves collided, and or a moment. Half a second, there was a small light, that turned into a large dust cloud., covering the two Pokemon from sight. When Teiran could see her Pokemon, Machoke was on the ground, fainted.

"Wow! That was amazing, both of you!" Jonathan said, going up to Teiran. He didn't know if Machoke would be returned, so he asked, "If you don't mind, now that I have Grassium Z, can I challenge you to a Double Battle later?" He hoped she'd accept, because he had a team that needed to work more... cooperatively. "I don't want to rush you, so don't feel that way. If I sound like I'm pressuring you, I'm sorry. Oh, what am I saying?" He smiled a bit, hoping it wasn't awkward. He sue hoped it wasn't. "I'm game if you are," he added, sighing calmly afterward.

"Good battle, both of you ought to be proud." Duke complimented as he walked over to the trainers with his Charizard right by his side.

Teiran is just getting better and better, Glacier's new off the wall tactic was also impressive.

(please stop with the one-liners. It will be noticed by a moderator)

Jonathan turned to Glacier, leaving Teiran to think about it. "Garchomp's tired, huh? It must have battled hard to be this exhausted against a Machoke. To be fair, their attack power is beyond the charts...." he rambled on about Machoke, then realizing Glacier was probably bored. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm what people call a nerd. I ramble on about my findings every chance I get. It's almost like a habit." He held his hand out for Glacier to shake.

Teiran returned Machoke, and said, "You deserve good rest." before putting the Pokeball in her pocket. Then she heard Jonathan. "I'd love to battle, any rules!" she said to Jonathan, turning to him, with a determined smile on her face. "But it'll have to wait until Machoke and the others are fully healed." Teiran said, as she winked at him, ready for the battle.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier shook his hand and thanked the two of them for the congrats. "I'll think about it Jonathan. A double battle along side my friend is something cool. Just like battling Salazzle." He said. Garchomp was tired that he had to crawl with his fins to reach Glacier. Glacier began treating Garchomp to recover him. "That stragety I came up with , I thought it wouldn't work. Looks like I know what to do at the Pokemon League. " He said to Garchomp.

(I thought Jonathan asked me to double battle, no? Or did I read it wrong, and I'm self-centered?)

Teiran looked at the others before heading to the Pokemon Center. When she arrived, she handed her Pokemon to Nurse Joy, and waited for them to be healed. While she waited, she sat down on a couch, thinking about her upcoming showcase.

"Alright, Daniel said that we have a few things to do, so I say we get those done before we do the battle, Glacier, Teiran," Jonathan added. "Maybe Duke could join us for a Multi Battle, a battle where two Trainers fight against two other Trainers?" Jonathan wondered what else would happen today.
(I originally asked Yellow for a Double Battle, but Glacier and Duke can join if they feel like it)

SaiyanDakon

(He aside both of us to a double battle.)
"Sure...I don't have a problem with it. You Terian?" He asked. Garchomp was still recovering and used had the Full Restore affect his injuries and but agreed, after he had rested.

Last edited:
(What?! But your battle ended seconds ago! That's quite unrealistic, if you ask me...Your pokemon can't take serious injuries, and the suddenly be fine without medical attention...)

"Yeah, we think we'll stick to performing," Kemen said sheepishly, "Say, which is happening first today? I don't know if it's the contest, or the showcase..."

"I'll battle Glacier first, and after that, I'll nab a second consecutive win against Teiran after the other events today!" He looked at Decidueye's Poke'Ball. "With this guy's help, I can win against every challenger that stands in my way." He put the ball back in his bag and stared into Glacier's eyes. "To a good battle!"

The Pokemon were successfully healed, Machoke with a couple bruises. Brionne hopped onto Teiran's shoulder, as Teiran headed back to the group. "What'd I miss?" she asked, as she walked up to them.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier chuckled. "I won't be too sure..." He said. Zoroark leaped and landed next to Glacier with arms crossed. "You're facing my strongest member of the team: Zoroark." He finished, eying Zoroark with sheer determination. Garchomp was able to walk but he was still tired so he napped next to Salamence. "Hope you're ready..." He said, staring into Jonathan's eyes.

Duke turned to Teiran.

"Deciding who is going to fight who next." Duke explained to Teiran, he hoped that would help clean things up for her. Charizard gave a snort as it waited to see the next match.

"Oh. If you don't mind, I'm going to take a walk." Teiran said, as she waved, and headed off, looking at everything. She found McPsyducks again, and a cheap version of McPsyducks, McDucklets. She saw Best Decidueye, and Game Machop. Then she and Brionne sat down, looking up at the clouds.

"Glacier, I'm up for you and your Zoroark! I can take it with my team!" Jonathan replied. He knew Zoroark was a Dark=Type, but he had a trick up his sleeve... even if it wasn't Crabrawler, he could nab a victory this time over. He was sure of it. "To a good battle, Glacier!"

SaiyanDakon

Nova walked prepared food for the Pokemon. "You better show them Zoroark!" She shouted. Zoroark looked over and nodded.

Glacier chuckled but still accepted. "To a good battle..." He said. Zoroark and Glacier walked over to their spots and waited for Jonathan to do the same. "Zoroark...this is Decidueye...the final form of Rowlet and a Grass-Ghost type....Lets show them what Unova Trainers and Pokemon can do." He said. Zoroark looked back and growled an affirmative.

Daniel decided to head off to the contest hall, bored by the endless, cyclical battles. Kemen followed, despite the contest not being for another few hours. Several coordinators were lining up to sign up at the last minute.

The two decided to get some malasadas, and sit by a small café, wondering what tonight would bring.

Teiran and Brionne got bored just lying around, so they got up, Brionne's stomach growling. "How about I call up the others on my Pokegear, and we can all go get Malasada's, huh, bud?" Teiran asked. Brionne nodded hungrily, as he jumped into Teiran's arms. While carrying Brionne, Teiran took out her Pokegear and called Akio, hoping for him to pick up. Then she headed into the Malasada shop, and sat down next to two teens, both boys. She didn't even recognize it was Kemen and Daniel until Brionne slapped her, and pointed to them. After ordering a bag of sweet Malasada's, she turned to them with a "Hi! What a coincidence." Teiran said, sort of joking.

"We got bored of just sitting and watching the battles," Daniel chuckled, "And I guess that you did, too, unless I'm missing something?"

Kemen polished off his malasada quickly, devouring it in three clean bites, "How's things?"

Duke turned to the two trainers about to battle and informed them he would head off to meet them into town to get some supplies. Along the way Duke noticed Teiran, Daniel and Kemen in a Malasada shop and decided to join them.

"Hello friends, mind if I join?" Duke asked as he sat with his friends. Duke made room for his partner Charizard as he glanced at the menu to figure out what he wanted to order.

"They're all good." Teiran said, as her Malasada bag was given to her, and she payed the money. Then she saw Duke. "Yeah, sure!" she said. Then she gave two sweet Malasada's to Brionne, who ate them happily. Then she tried one, and it was the best thing she'd ever had. "Mmm..." Teiran said, eating another one. Yeah, they cost a lot, but it was worth it.

"Man, I've missed malasadas," Kemen commented, "I used to get them a lot, at home. They were actually first brought to Alola by people from the Içao region, which neighbours Nita..."

Daniel, meanwhile, was more interested in the contest and showcase. "I can't wait to perform tonight!" he said excitedly, "And I bet that you can't, either, right, Teiran?"

(If you guessed that Içao is supposed to be Portugal, you were right!)

"Yup! It'll be awesome!" Teiran said, taking a bite of another Malasada. Dang, they were so good. Brionne, also ate another one, still kind of hungry. "These Sweet Malasada's are super good!" Teiran said, chomping up the last bite.

"I always bring malasadas to Itzal, when I'm home," Kemen added, "Well, I kinda bring everything to him, since we're childhood friends, and he can't leave his gym very often... He insists on only getting razz berry ones, though!"

Itzal was the ghost type gym leader of his home region, and the strongest in the league. A sickly fellow, he was often stuck in bed for days at a time, or in hospital, thanks to his condition. The smallest dust cloud could trigger a massive attack for him, and he often used his oxygen tank in battle...

SaiyanDakon

"Toxapex huh? A water and poison type. Known for it Baneful Bunker protection." Glacier explained to himself. Zoroark looked down at the Toxapex and glared at it. "Lets start things with Agility..." He said. Zoroark moved around Toxapex with her speed to get the upper hand.

"Okay, Toxapex. Venoshock!" Toxapex fired a beam of venom at the speedy Dark Type, hoping to nab a hit. "Me and Toxapex won't lose. I've got a trick up my sleeve and you won't see it, Glacier!"

SaiyanDakon

"Heh....we'll see..." He replied. "Flamethrower!" Zoroark released flames at the Venoshock to counter. "Get ready...I've also got a trump card on Zoroark..." Glacier said to Jonathan.

Jonathan nodded. Toxapex jumped out of the way as the flames missed it. The boy pumped his fists. "Lucky shot!" he called to his Poke'Mon.
"Toxapex! Taaahhh!"
"Now, fire an Ice Beam attack at the field!" Toxapex fired ice at the ground, freezing it. It could move rather well on ice, and now it was more agile this way. "Now, Poison Jab!" Toxapex got its limbs ready to jab Zoroark with full power. Once it was close it jumped over Zoroark, aiming the weapons at its head.

SaiyanDakon

"If Toxapex is good on Ice...lets see it work well on Fire! Agility and Flamethrower!!" Glacier commanded. Zoroark was able to dodge the Poison Jab thanks to the agility and spread flames across the field. Glacier stared into Jonathan's eyes and never withheld his gaze. "Get ready...because our fire is just beginning to heat up." He muttered.

The fire burned the field, yet Toxapex was fine due to its Water Typing. He had to think creatively, like he always did. Hopefully, he could bait Zoroark in and trap it somehow. He had an idea, two actually. He could use Baneful Bunker and poison it, or use Venoshock and inflict damage while maybe poisoning it? He didn't know, so he taunted Zoroark closer.