• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Johto Journey :[Open]:

"Yes, that would be us," Lily replied.

The Eevee's eyes widened at the sight of the large Pokemon that had appeared beside her friend. She looked up at him, in both awe and a bit of fear. He wasn't going to end up eating her, was he? The fox-like Pokemon turned towards her friend once more. She was waiting for an answer after all.

"Well, this is one of the new friends that I made," Thunder began.

"He isn't like.. going to eat me, is he?" the Eevee asked.

"Of course not!" the Pikachu replied, shaking his head. "Are you?"

The man pushes his glasses up once more and bows, before walking off.

The music starts to get quieter as a booming voice comes from the gigantic speakers, a delaying effect coming from the voice.

"5 More minutes left until our two stars rock the arena! Please take your seats, and make sure not to wonder onto the arena! 5 minutes folks!"

"Well, this should be interesting." A boy wearing a blue cloak was sitting in the row behind Lily. He was wearing a big blue rim hat and had what looked like a sword sheathed in a scabbard on his belt. A Jolteon was lying on his lap with a Manectric standing by the trainer's feet. "I've heard that this will be a battle between Lucario and Absol."

(Double posting isn't allowed, Eeveechu. It's against the rules.)

Lily jumped slightly at the voice spoken from behind her. She turned around to see a boy sitting there. He must have been the one who had spoken. He said something about a battle between a Lucario and an Absol, didn't he? She wondered who was going to find that battle once it took place. She hoped that it would begin soon. Five minutes if she remembered right.

"Really? That's going to be a great battle no doubt!"

Several seats over a young man was on the phone, he was in wonderment at all of the things around him. His hometown seldom had events even a fraction like this. "Uncle it's is fantastic. I wish you could see it. You think we could hold something like this at your Gym? I know it's...alittle..okay really small but tourism has flopped lately and...alright..yeah I understand. Bye."
With a sign the man hung up as under his seat a Persian popped up. "I know Sylvester I hold my hopes up to much but with less tourist no one comes to the Gym anymore. Dad can't find any new clients either." He gave a slight shrug. "Guess all we can do is keep training...wait..where's Ali?" The Persian made an innocent face as he slowly hid under the seat. "I swear it's in your ball if you don't help me find him. You know he could start a fight. I just hope we don't have another incodent like that poor Metapod."
The man stood up he wore a red jacket with a black undershirt, along with a matching red fedora. Also he wore white pants with blacks gloves and boots. His hazel eyes had a burning fire behind them, though one might be confused since they, at the moment were filled with worry as he navigated through the seats. "Alibaster! Where are you?!? Oh not again."

Lily looked up towards the shout. What in the world was going on now? She saw a man with a red jacket and black shirt under it. She blinked. Who was he? Another Trainer? Well, there was no doubt in her mind that's who he was, since he Persain with him,but who was he speaking to? He seemed to have lost someone by the sound of it, and she frowned. Maybe she could help him.

"Are you looking for someone?" she called out to him. "I could help you find them if you want. My Pokemon could help you too."

He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head. "Oh hello down there, uh my Arcanine seems to have wandered off. Which..isn't terribly good. He may just be bored. He doesn't like to watch others battle. Thought..he may be looking for one which worries me." The Persian padded behind him before dating under a seat as it went to search elsewhere. "I know if he hears me he'll come running but he might not hear me thanks to all of the other people here." He sighed again as he looked around hands on his hips slightly annoyed. "Hmmm"

The lights around the dome went dim, a spot light shining down at a man with slick brown hair, and a muscular build, wearing a suit. He held a microphone in his hand.

"The time is now, folks! Who is ready for the battle between a Gym Leader, and Top PokeAthelete!?"

The crowd in the bleachers went wild. Screams, cheers, and chants boomed through the area.

"An our two stars areeeee - Maylene! Sinnoh Fighting Type Gym Leader!"

As the host speaks, a light shines over to one side o the arena, where the thin pink haired girl, Maylene, came back flipping out and doing kunfu techniques until she reaches her spot on the arena.
The crowd cheers loudly and signs of Maylenes face went up. Most of the watchers stood from the bleachers, exposing space in the isles for Aracane to be spotted easier.

The host chuckled.

"Now, our next star competing against Ms Maylene issss...Alex Carnet!"

As the crowds in the bleachers go crazy once more, a light shines on the other side of the battle field - shining on the familiar jet black haired boy with pairing blue eyes came walking to the arena, waving like a child to his fans in the crowd.

The hosts explained the rules of the match to the crowd and trainers. It will be a sudden death match, only one pokemon being used each.

"A Fire-type?" she echoed.

She nodded slightly at this. She could help him find the dog-like Pokemon. That was only the right thing to do after all. As the lights dimed around them, she glanced towards the voice that was explaining the rules to them. So only one Pokemon would be used during a match huh? Well, that made things all that much more interesting.

He caught a glimpse of the Arcanine as he whistled to the Persian pointing. With a nod of understanding it headed towards the Arcanine the man doing his best to quickly, and politely, move through the crowd. "If I miss this fight you are in soooo much trouble Alibaster!"

Suddenly, the man pointed at the two Pokemon, and his Jolteon used the arm as a platform to leap in front of the Arcanine. "Alibaster, is it?" The Jolteon said. You should go back to your trainer now. You DO NOT want to miss the match."

The Arcanine spat a small ember in a sigh "He is fine, I can't sit and watch other Pokemon fight. It should be me and him out there." Running up behind Alibaster the man stopped as he leaned down panting. "Ali you...are in so much trouble." He frowned at the Arcanine before getting a big lick from the Pokemon which made him laugh some before his face turned serious. "No bad. Your not getting out of this no matter how much you try that old puppy trick from when we were younger." The Arcanine gave him puppy eyes with a small whine nudging it's snout under his arm. With a sigh he smiled. "Fine but if you run off again your going straight into your ball. I can't worry about you picking fights with anyone we have important work here."

"A fight, huh? After the match. Double battle. Me and my friend against you and yours." The Jolteon said, getting pumped. "I hope Jolter helped you." The man said, coming down to the trainer with Alibaster. "Oh, wait... you want a battle, don't you Jolter? If that would be okay with you, maybe I could arrange something after this?" The Manectric came down with the man, and gave the Arcanine a weird look.

"Hmm maybe though I need to really catch this match. Events like this could really be what my hometown needs to prosper again." He pets Alibaster as he smiles. "My name is Drake by the way. I come from Kanto. This is Alibaster. He might seem like he doesn't listen but it is just cause I let him get away with more than I should." The Persian came from behind rubbing Drake's leg. "And this is Sylvester, not quite as graceful as he looks.

"A pleasure to meet you. I am known as Zazzo, the blade of lightning. You can see why." He said, gesturing to Jolter and his sheathed blade. "I came because of my love of Pokemon Battles, sparked in far Garet." He looked to the clouds as he remembered his town... and realized it had been 3 minutes since the announcement. "I'm sorry, but I must return to my seat. Do find me after the battle. Manny, Jolter, let's go."

He nodded with a smile as he looked to his Pokemon. "We should go too. We can meet up afterwards. Ali come on." He walked back to where he sat with the Persian. Alibaster looked at the Manectric and offered a short snort with a look of disappointment before bounding after his Trainer tackling Sylvester.

The host threw his hand up, and Alex and Maylene's face showed up on the jumbo screen, with a lightning strike down the middle of the two.

"Andddd, BEGIN!"

Maylene threw her fist out,

"Get ready, Alex! I will win this power match! Lucario!!!!" The pink haired gym leader fiercely launched a pokeball onto the field, a strong and determined Lucario appearing, staring straight at his opponents side of the field.

Alex cracke his knuckles and and grasped a PokeBall from his belt. He whispered something to himself, before grinning and tossing out the PokeBall.

"Go, Gallade!!!"

The PokeBall swiveled onto the field, in a flag of light a two legged fierce Gallade appearing. "Ga-llade!" It called out.

Gasps from the crowd and the Host himself were heard.

"Rumors were said Alex would use his partner, Absol for this match!? That's Alex Carnet for ya!"

Both fighting type pokemon stood in their stances, not moving an inch, glaring deadly at eachother.

Zazzo was pondering the change of events. Let's see... they're both fighting types, so it's their second type and move set that counts. Gallade has an advantage, being a Fighting-Psychic type, so Lucario will probably use Steel-type attacks. Then again, either or both of them could have TM moves... I wish I knew their levels. Usually, Zazzo could predict the outcome of a match. He didn't know what to think of this.

Drake folded arms as Alibaster curled up at his Trainer's feet disinterested in the fight. "Hmm so it seems as it stands Gallade has the advantage. Seeing as it is Psychic. This should be interesting to say the least. But Lucario is at a duel disadvantage." He tilted his head curious as to the next move of each.

Lily and her Pokemon watched the battle with interest. The battle was good, no, great so far. The young trainer hoped that someday, that could be her. Though, before that, she had a lot more to do. A lot more training her Pokemon, catching new ones, and getting more badges. It would be long, but it was sure to be a fun one.

"We'll see who wins," she added. "Anything can happen. Pokemon can surprise you and turn the match around sometimes."

The young girl glanced towards Detsu and his gray Eevee. Lily blinked and leaned a bit closer to see the fox Pokémon a bit better. Was it a shiny Eevee? Or a different colored one all together? Ether way, it was something that you didn't see everyday. The girl shrugged and turned back to the battle at hand. She wondered what was going to happen next, and who was going to win said battle. Though, there would be no telling until the two Pokémon began their battle.