• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Johto Journey :[Open]:

"At the national park!" Greg said excited.
"Can we go?" Greg said looking at everyone else.
"Who am i kidding of course were going!" Greg said as speaking for the whole group.
"I wanna see the pokemon! " Greg kept going on and on.

Ethan gave a short cough. "You do realize you can go to the National Park, if I remember right, anytime you want, right?" Ethan looked at the over enthusiastic boy. 'Man, to have that energy again...'

"Of course we can all go,duh" Greg said facing Ethan while tugging on Lily's arm.
"Unless your wanted,are you wanted?!You dont look Team Rocket." Greg said as he started making circles around Ethan.
He lifted Ethan's arm in the air looking right under his arm.
"Hmmm,interesting. "

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Yes, of course a long red sleeved shirt is interesting. You can clearly see the big 'R' on my forehead." Ethan allowed the boy to 'inspect' him, wondering if he was ever this insane at 10. 'Nah, I was a sweet innocent babe.'

"Nah. I'm not with Team Rocket," Lily replied, following the boy who tugged on her arm. Did she really look like someone that was from there? She didn't think so. But then again, the world was a rather odd place. "Never have been, never will be. I'd rather catch my own Pokemon rather than steal from someone else."

Ace had quickly walked through the cafes first doors, they slid open as they were electronic. He came upon a group that were seeming to talk, he wasn't in too great of a mood. The trainer had just come back after a gym battle.
"Oi oi move it if you would. Tired trainer from different regions headin in." he said letting a sigh escape his mouth. He was going to ask them about their Pokemon and opened his mouth to before he heard a thud.
He turned his head slowly to see the commotion, he had a slight idea to what it was, he just didn't want to confirm it. Out of his horror, his large Garchomp and Charizard were pushing against each over in a angrily, competition like manner, trying to get into the cafe as the electronic doors were breaking from trying to close against the two bricks of bulk. He planted his face into his hand in disappointment before turning back to face the other trainers. "N-nice to meet you... I'm Ace, who're you guys?" he said trying to seem like he had nothing to do with the two Pokemon behind him.

"I'm Lily. It's nice to meet you, Ace! Um, what's up with the two Pokemon behind you?" she asked.

Her Pikachu, glanced over at the two fighting Pokemon and frowned slightly. Fighting like that wasn't a very good thing. He glanced at his trainer, wondering if she was going to do something about the fight. Or if any of the other humans in the room were going to. Lily nodded to her Electric-type, letting him know that she noticed the two Pokemon that were trying to get into the cafe, and that she wanted to do something about it. She glanced at the other trainers in the room, wondering if they were going to help out in stopping the fight or not.

"Oi! What do ya' think this is, a battle arena?" Ethan yelled at the Pokemon at the doors, fingering the Fast Ball that contained Laura. "Hello, Ace, the name's Ethan. What are the genders of your Garchomp and Charizard?" Ethan questioned, knowing if they were both male Laura could infatuate them.

Greg stopped inspecting Ethan.Rufflet let out its name in discomfort. It was the sight of the two giant pokemon, they could surely eat him for lunch if they were hungry enough.
Greg took this as something else.
"Could it be...it is.." He said, " Its Team Rocket! "
The little boy let out a battle cry.
He thought team rocket would be the only people with such gigantic Pokemon.

Lily sweatdropped looked down at the boy who called her. Her Pikachu did the same, looking up at Greg at his cry. Either of them thought that that was Team Rocket. They didn't seem like the type of person that was with such evil people like them. Though it seemed that Greg thought other wise.

"Um, I don't think it's Team Rocket," she told him.

Ace again facepalmed. "No, no kid i'm not teamrocket. Great imagination you've got." As he turned his back to the quarreling Pokemon.
"They're not exactly battling is the thing." He said in a odd manner. "They just don't get well together in thinking."
He put his fingers into his mouth and made a small whistling sound at which his pokemon turned their heads to stare at him. "Chip let Char go first." He said. The Garchomp made a scowl and took a step back as the proud Charizard eagerly flopped towards his trainers side, then the Garchomp. "Thanks buddy!" he said patting the Garchomps head. He turned to Ethan. "No, sorry. They're both males, i do got some female Pokemons though." He said with a odd smirk knowing it wasn't as common.

'Shut it you! I swear next time we'll see who's the fastest!' His Garchomp said towards the glowing Charizard.
'Oh you wish you were as fast as me' The proud Charizard said, putting his hands together in a proud manner before moving his tail a bit.

"Wow, a bit of rivals are you? Like.. friendly ones?" the Pikachu asked the other two Pokémon.

Lily nodded slightly in understand. So she had been right. He wasn't a part of Team Rocket. That was a good thing at least. A very good one too. She didn't feel like fighting anyone from that team at the moment. Though she knew that she might have to at some point in the future. At least not right now though.

Ethan looked between all of them. "Oh, I was wonderin' because Laura knows a move that can infatuate the opposite of her gender. Figured if they were to lovey-dovey they wouldn't do nothing." Ethan tried to figure out Ace's smirk, but for the life of him, he couldn't. 'Then again, I might not wanna know.' Etthan thought to himself

Explo looked at the Charizard, sizing him up. They were about the same height, Explo decided he could take him on if he was trouble.

Greg walked up too Ace. A determined look on his face. Rufflet, flapping its wings, right behind him. He stared him down. He leaned forward a bit hand behind his back.
"Here!" Greg handed Ace his Autograph.
"Its me you see", pointing at a stick figure on the paper, "and theres Rufflet,pointed at a scribbled, sloppy looking, picture of Rufflet."
Rufflet let out his name in happiness,he was proud of his trainer.

The Charizard was beyond average in height and noticing the Typhlosion trying to size him up he stood up tall, standing a bit more than 2 meters in height, however this wasn't a good idea, he hit his head on the door frame then bent over in a bit of pain. "That's what you get for trying to show off Char" Ace said patting him on the head.
Ace then noticed Greg walking over to him with a determined look and his Pokemon. Ace quickly petted his Rufflet and gave him a little scratch beneath the feathers, where it felt best. "Nice Pokemon, nice autograph you have. I'll keep it." He said putting it gently into his pocket. He didn't need it really, but didn't want to be rude. His Garchomp walked over, bending over to get through the frame of the door to look at the Pikachu, he then sat down with a plomp to be closer in height before looking at it. 'Yea, well we get a bit competitive you see. Who're you?' The Garchomp said trying to smile, but ended up showing razor sharp teeth. The Charizard then bent down to look at the Typhlosion. 'Hi. It's nice having a fellow fire-type Pokemon around' He said giving a odd smile.

Lily blinked at this, watching the boy take one of the papers. Well, he was something else alright. She wasn't all too sure what to think of him just yet. However, he did seem friendly. At least, at the moment anyway.

"Ah, I see. I guess that makes sense," the Pikachu replied, nodding. He flinched back at the sharp teeth that was shown when the other Pokémon smiled. He made a quick note not to make that Pokémon mad, as he didn't want to end up being lunch to the bigger one. "My name's Thunder. It's nice to meet you!"

The Garchomp stuck out the flat knob part of his sharp fins for a shake. 'Nice to meet you! I'm Chip!' He said giving a smile. The Garchomp was about 2 Meters as well, just a tad tinier than the Charizard. 'Say, you wanna do something? I'm kinda hungry and bored..' He said, his fin-like tail flipping up and down on the floor, making small cracks.

"I can agree, though considering my trainer has fire types period, it doesn't mean much since I'm usually always with one." Explo replied, trying to make small talk. Like his trainer Ethan, he wasn't the best at it, but he's usually more civil with fire types. "So, I'm guessing your from the Kanto side huh?" Explo looked at Charizard, thinking he could be from Kanto, but he heard someplace called Kalos has some Kanto starters as well.

The Charizard nodded towards the Pokemon talking about his trainer's types. "Well, yes i'm from Kanto. How about you? Johto i presume?' He said replying to the Typhlosion. He then gave a yawn before looking towards him. 'Who's on your team?' He asked eagerly, wanting to know what other Pokemon's he has a chance to meet.

The Pikachu reached a tiny paw out and took the fin of the much larger Pokémon. He shook paws, well, paw-to-fin with him and then with drew his paw. The Electric-type nodded as he was sort of bored as well. There wasn't much to do in the café here, and the mouse wished for something to do. Something to brighten up the mood or anything for that matter.

"We could find something to do if you want. But we can't go too far. Lily will worry about me then. And I don't want to worry her."

'Ah you can't worry her? I see i see..' The Garchomp said, thinking about a solution to their problem. 'I can't think of anything..' He said planting his face into his fin in confusion after a short while of thought.

"Well, I could worry her," Thunder told him. "But I don't really want to. I'd feel bad if she went looking for me and we were too far away to hear her calling for me. I'd feel bad if that happened. But we can at least do something to pass the time. Though, from what Lily said a little before you guys showed up, I think we'll be leaving soon."

"Our team consists of Ethan, the trainer, me, Explo, the leader, Laura, the Rapidash and my main partner, Ark the Arcanine and his partner Blaize the Ninetales." Explo announced his team to Charizard with pride, as he thought of all of there combinations that were rarely beaten.

Chomper looked at the Pikachu before grabbing him and poking him with the non-sharp knob part, curiosity took him over. He then placed him back where he was before talking. "I see. I get it i guess! I wouldn't want my trainer to get upset either! Sure let's figure something out, what to do, what to do..." He said while thinking.

The Charizard nodded towards Typhlosion's explanation of the team with a large smirk in excitement. "Nice to meet you Explo! I'm Char." He said putting a forearm out for a handshake. "Sounds interesting! As you can see we have me and Chip, he's over there." He said pointing to the obvious large bulk that was sitting a meter away as if Typhlosion was blind. "And the rest, well we have many. I'm not too sure how to explain." He said while thinking.

Thunder gave a startled, tiny, cry. Being picked up so suddenly wasn't something that he was very use to. He blinked when he was poked, glad that it wasn't the sharp part. That woulda hurt most likely if it had been. He shook his fur once he was placed back down on the ground before looking up at the larger Pokémon again.

"Sure! I know we'll figure something out!"

Thunder gave a small shrug of his tiny shoulders. He had no idea what they could do actually. There wasn't much they could do in a café for one. For another, he didn't want to go too far from his trainer in case she needed him for something. So, what could they do?

"I'm not all that sure.."

"Neither of those actually." Charizard said as he waved his tail happily. "Well our team at the moment is me and Garstupid over there, and the other few Pokemon we have are in the PC, taking a break i believe." He said clearly referring to Garchomp.
Garchomp nodded towards the Pikachu. "I don't know either, i'm not too good with these things." He said rubbing the knobs of his scythe-like hands together. He heard Charizards comment and gave a snarl. "Shut up you burned lizard!" He said before looking back to the Pikachu.

Alex was in the outskirts of the forest, training with Absol.
Normally, if it were a battle against strength he would use Mamoswine, but it was pretty obvious that his opponent, Maylene would use her partner, Lucario, against Alex in this expedition battle, and since it was a sudden death battle, Alex knew the best option was to use Absol.

They practiced Psycho Cut to make it stronger, considering Psychic Type moves are very effective against fighting types.

(( Let me know when you guys are ready to timeskip to National Park ))

(I'm ready when you guys are.)

Thunder looked over to the large lizard-like Pokemon when it spoke. He lowered his ears slightly when the other large Pokemon snapped at him. Well, these two really liked to fight a lot. Or at east comment on what each other say and make trouble? Who knew. He turned back to Chip and shrugged.

"I think we're going to leave soon anyway. Maybe we can find something to do at this park?"

(I'm ready as well, i'll just tag along.)
Garchomp turned his head from the other annoying Pokemoon to face the Pikachu before rubbing his sharp hands together. "Oh i see, i'd love it if we could tag along. A park? I'd love to go. What's it about?" He said happily until the Charizard smacked him in the back of the hide with his tail. "Watch where your tail is Wigglytuff." He said mockingly, annoyed at the Garchomp's tail that had hit him in the side from whipping in excitement. The Garchomp turned around snarling and before their trainer knew it, they were pushing their faces against eachover.

"You guys calm it." Ace said walking towards them and pushing both of their heads away, calming the chaos.

(( alright =] ))

-- At National Park --

As you guys enter, you see tha National Park looks completely different. Gigantic bleachers filled with chattering people, a well designed battle field, and a Jumbo Screen, currently showing some ads for some Pokegroomers and toys.

At the bottom of the bleachers, first row, pieces of golden paper read "~Guests of Alex~"

Lily and Thunder looked around at the park they were now in with the others. There were lots of other Trainers here too from the look of it. Each of them were talking and doing their own thing. There also appeared to be a screen, showing things that you would see when you go to the movies or something like that anyway.

"Wow. This is cool."

Ethan looked around, slightly impressed. "This isn't the worst park I've been to." Ethan thought out loud, beside him Explo agreeing. Reaching for his Pokeballs, releasing Ark the Arcanine, Laura the Rapidash, and Blaize the Ninetales.

"It's neat!" Lily repiled.

She dug around in her pockets before she found her own Poke Balls. She threw then into the air, releasing the Pokemon inside. An Eevee appeared from one. It had darker brown fur than a normal, with white where there was normally cream. After that, a few more Pokemon appeared. Thunder went over to see then.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey, Thunder," the Eevee repiled. Her gaze looked towards the other Pokemon. "Who are they?"

A scrawny brown-haired man in a suit with a clipboard, along with round glasses one size smaller than his face resting upon his nose, approached Lily, Ethan, and Ace.

"U-Uhm, Excuse me. This is an exclusive Expedition Battle, and all of the stadium seats are full, so unless you have tickets you purchased in advance and have a claimed seats I advise you leave." His voice was a bit high for a man, but was too strange to notice the pitch.

Ace tilted his head confused a bit before turning to Lily and Ethan. "Say, didn't you guys say you had the reservations for some Alex or something?" He said cupping his chin in a bit of confusion.
His Charizard noticed Ethan's Pokemon come out and rushed over to meet the fire types, he wagged his large tail happily.
The Garchomp noticed Thunder, his only friend at the moment here, rush over to a Evee his trainer called out. He quickly ran over in a neutral manner, however his huge size and large teeth sticking out made it look horrifying, he came to a quick stop before sitting next to Thunder with a grin.

The scrawny man pushed his glasses higher up and shifted his position. The pokemon around him terrified him but he wasn't about to show it.

"O-oh? Are you the 4 that Alex had reserved seats for? My apologies - your seats are right over here."

The man lead the trainers to the front row at the bottom of the giant round stadium, closes to the battling area.

"I'm Mr. Alex Carnet's manager, Tucker - Tucker Smith." He spoke once more, holding a hand out to Ethan.