• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A funny interview with a fake Hiroshi Yamauchi

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180

If anyone doesn't know who he is, Yamauchi is the former president of Nintendo (now retired). As Gary said below, this ended but being fake, but it's fun to read :)

A quote from the article - the exact words in english that he said to the Microsoft representive when they tried to buy out Nintendo:

"HEY BALLMER, WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY TINY YELLOW BALLS?!"

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Assuming it's genuine...

MUAHAHAHAHAA!!

Going to go and check out Wired in the shops now to see if I can find that article ;).

I think you're allowed to be outspoken once you've retired. If you say anything too controversial, it won't really affect the company you worked for because you're no longer there and your opinions are no longer the Official Opinions of that company - and if it really is TOO over the top, they can just issue a press statement saying that you've gone senile or something ;).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yamauchi was infamous for his outspoken-ness when he was still in charge of Ninty. He once wrote off Sonic as a tiny neuisance from a tiny company.

He is, however, the main reason we have games consoles today - he took the risk with the Famicom/NES, so he gets given a fair bit of slack in what he says. ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It was sadly fake though. ^^ It caused a bit of a stir online in general and they were moved to prove it was a hoax.

Yamauchi, did, however, tell Ballmer to suck on his genetalia. ^^