• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A few Battle Hall questions

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, been playing the Plat Battle Frontier more recently, but need help with one issue...

When entering the Battle Hall with a different Pokemon than your previous streak you're presented with this bit of text:

"There is an ongoing winning streak saved for ________. Delete this record and start a new challenge with ________?"

So, my question is... what exactly does that mean? If I'm using my Torterra but decide I'd like to try my Aerodactyl out a bit as well, will I completely lose my Torterra's streak and force it back to the beginning when I next use it?

The reason this is confusing me is because of how the Battle Hall works. It keeps telling you to try lots of different Pokemon to rack up your streak and earn more BP... but how does that work if you lose everything upon changing Pokemon? Does it mean you have to beat all 170 matches in order to keep your streak when changing Pokemon, or am I interpreting it completely wrong?

Any help would be appreciated, but please don't reply just to say you don't know the answer... XD

What I do know is you can use as many different Torterra as you like and you'll keep the streak going.

You can also get more BP from all your streaks added up - talk to one of the chaps outside for that.

Asides that... I'm not sure. :-\

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That actually does answer something else I was pondering. Thanks for the info, LoN :)

Still looking for answers to my initial question, tho, if anyone can help ^^

To answer your question, yes, it does break Torterra's current streak. If you want to battle Hall Matron Argenta, you'll have to keep using your Torterra over and over. Not sure about the theory on using several different Torterra's repeatedly, as I have never tested it out myself, but I assume it might work.