• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Drop of Darkness

Merrigan noticed that Kodachi had arrived at the Dark Side base and it looked like he had succeeded with capturing the Gallade. She turned back to her Lord.
"Lord Ares. It seems like Kodachi has succeeded to capture the royal Gallade. What should we do now?" She asked her lord again bowing down.

"If you run away or fight, you will be a royal pain in the behind, so let's prevent that." Kodachi struck the legs of the Gallade with such force that he collapsed. He lifted him on his back and made his way to the dungeons, where Galladion would spend the rest of his days. On his way there Kodachi flinched multiple times and had to stop to breathe, the Gallade almost shattered his ribcage in their short fight and it was taking its toll. "As soon as you're locked up, I need to find a medic or something."

Galladian woke up in a dungeon being, his wounds sealed, and his blade shined. "Who did this?" He asked to himself, assuming that no-one else was in here with him. But of coarse, there was someone else hiding in the corner. "A medic. They want you to be presentable when they bring you to Ares."
"Lord Ares?" Galladian gulped. He did not like the sound of this already. "Wait... Who are you?" The voice answered.
"I am not much different from you. In fact I am the protector of the forest!" A Trevanant with one eye missing stepped forward, looking rather beastly. "I in fact," said the Pokemon. "I would gladly like to break out of here right now... But that is impossible," He said, tapping the walls. "These walls are proof against any moves of a light side warrior, even some dark side warriors have struggled to get out of here-" But before the he could finish, Galladian had already used had already used Stone Edge to bust the wall open and escape. "C'mon, we have to get out of here, well because it seems like you are not a foe. So c'mon, wait whats your name?"
"Fiero, and OK lets go."

They ran through the woods untill they got back to the camp, with blood spilled everywhere. "This must be from my fight with that Bisharp. He would've been no problem at all..." And Zak said this directly past the 4th wall. "If he had waited for me to actually respond! Ah, that's good I let that out. Now, whats next?"

Ludwig, still trying to look everywhere for his friend, ended up in a field, not knowing where he was. After a while, he ended up getting hit by PikPik, who was STILL looking for the Talonflame "Hey, watch where you walk, electric rodent!" he screeched "Hey! You flew into me!" yelled Ludwig "Well, it's not my problem anymore!" the pokemon flys away from Ludwig, leaving him by himself. Ludwig, now confused, then spots the Azumarill he saw when he was snatched up by the Talonflame. "Hey there...you think you can help me?" he said. The Azumarill replies with "How can I help you...?" "I'm looking for my friend...and I don't know where he is...it's a war going on..." said Ludwig. The Azumarill hesitated "A war...?! I can't help then...it's too dangerous..." "It's ok then...I can try to find him myself..." said Ludwig, walking away from the Azumarill. Azumarill stares at him walking away from her with a scared and sad expression.

Kodachi was irritated, he should be out there fighting, not waiting for his wounds to heal. "That blasted Gallade! I will finish him when we meet again! Along with that Salazzle." He stomped around in the room venting his thoughts before sighing and sitting down. His chest blades were just a few inches away from hitting any vital organs when he arrived at the medic, not to mention they were shattered and cracked. He sighed again, a warrior who was supposed to be on the battlefield and fight for his side was stuck in the infarmary with bandages over his waist to let his blades heal. "Life can be such a pain at times, and this is one of those times."

A few hours passed, and Ludwig still didn't find his friend. He decided to go find the camp and wait for a few more hours to see what happens. After a while, Ludwig stopped at a nearby pond to rest for a bit, for he traveled a couple of miles to try to find the camp. Meanwhile, the Talonflame was sitting in Ares's boarder, pondering. Should I go out and find more Light Siders..? she thought to herself. "Nah...it's best for other Dark Siders to find themselves other Light Siders to bring to a fool of a king..." she said, drifting off.

Shuro's eyes switched back to its keen state, being aware of any sort of subtle movement. With the Salazzle being vanished and him sparing the Pachirisu from his grasp, the Quilava had one target left; The Gallade. Farther off he could hear the faint sound of shouting, however, it was quite undecipherable among the forest chatter of small Pokemon. With a shrug, he figured it wouldn't pose as harmful to just check.

"Wait of coarse! LUDWIG!" Galladian shouted. "Where are you Ludwig!?" He looked over to the meadow. "Ludwig!?" Galladian ran over to the rodent. "Quick into the tent. We need to prepare my troops for an attack on Ares' castle. And by the sound of that..." There was marching in the distance. "Here comes the cavalry!" Galladian could see on the horizon a army marching. "Everyone arm up! Get on your Rapidash! And get ready to head for Ares castle!"

Ludwig woke up to the sound of Galladian's voice. He was relieved. "Galladian? I was just looking for you! Thank Arceus you're alright! Also...another army?" he said. "but I guess no time for that, I need to get my medical supplies just in case!" with that, the Pachirisu ran back to the camp grounds, searching for his supplies.

"Ludwig I'll wait for you to get to my Rapidash. Hey Rapi," Galladian said to his Rapidash. "You scared?"
"Nah bro! I can feel the adrenaline running through my flames!" Soon a Kommo-o walked up to the two.
"Komo! Nice to see you. Did you get my letter?"
"Yes I did!" The Kommo-o replied.
"Oh good you brought and army. Phew! If you didn't that would've been fun!" Galladian could see Kommo-o's running, Hakamo-o on Mudsdales, and Lycanroc of all forms, with many Luxray by their side.
"Ludwig! You nearly ready?"

"Just about ready!" said Ludwig, pulling a bag full of potions and berries. He felt scared about going back to the Castle where he escaped from, but kept the fear to himself. He also wondered which side would win. He hoped it would be his side to be the one to prevail. Once outside his tent, he scampered in front of Galladian, with the bag on his back.

"Alright hop on!" Galladian said to Ludwig. "All right Rapi. Ride up onto that rock there. It's time for my battle speech." Rapi clopped up to the large rock. He shouted out to every one on the side of light. "Pokemon of the light! We are about to fight for the freedom of the world! If Ares stops us, he will stop everything to take over the world. So, anyone who would prefer to die a cowardly life at home, sitting down, you can leave now. Because we will fight till the end. For glory, for our families, for our people, for Alola!" A giant cheer went up from the Alolan Pokemon. "For Sinnoh!" The Sinnoh Pokemon lifted their helmets high. "FOR THE WORLD!" A giant cheer came up from the field below Gallaian. "TO VICTORY!" Galladian shouted as they rode off.
(Ludwig you describe what happened on the way and I will comment on the battle).

On the way to the castle, other pokemon watched from meadows and forests at the army rushing towards their target. Including a few Dark Siders, however, the Dark Siders were all Mimikyus. It was unknown why they didn't try to attack the army when they had a chance. One Mimikyu decided to try to stop the army, but of course got trampled in the process. Halfway to the castle, Dark Siders were everywhere, waiting for any type of move to occur. They heard about the surprise attack from a few other Dark Siders, and thus decided to stop the army halfway to the castle. "If you all try to trample our lord and savior, you WILL face consequences! Any force moves, and we attack!" said the leader of a large pack of Dark Siders, who was being lead by a Weavile.

Galladian signaled to stop. He got off Rapi and walked about 10 meters away from the Weavile. He signaled to Komo. Komo shouted, "Everyone! Use Clanging Scales!" The bust of loud noise left most of the dark side soldiers on the ground, the rest were psychic types andthose ones were dealt with. Galladian had protected everyone's ears from the loud noise with psychic. "Let's keep going!" he said as he got back on Rapi. They kept riding on.

"You don't know what you're getting into...." said the Weavile, covering his ear. He then jumped to a nearby tree, and jumped to another. He jumped tree to tree to the castle, to alert what happened to Ares. As for the other Dark Siders, they also went to the castle, but went in different locations.
At the castle, Dark Siders were guarding the gate to the castle, keeping an eye out for Light Siders. They didn't recognise the army yet.

"Alright everyone! Come in!" Galladian called as the dark siders ran away. "We have to sneak in! So PikPik and Staraptor will surrender themselves at the gate. Then, once in the dungeon , they will use rock smash to break down the wall, and let us in. Then I will cut the door. And we will sneak in, right up behind lord Ares, and while everyone else it at the front of the castle, Trevor the Trevanant will hold the only guards Ares has got, and I'll hold Ares and cut his throat... Any questions?"

"Nope" replied Ludwig. PikPik, confused, stayed quiet anyway. The Weavile stared down at the army for awhile, then jumps down from the tree and lands at the gate. "Oh, Sebastian! Nice to see ya back!" replied one of the gaurds. The Weavile uses Slash on the Gaurd. The other gaurd screams "THE WEAVILE IS A-" before the other gaurd could say the last word, the Weavile uses Focus punch. The Weavile then makes sure that no Dark Siders saw him and goes through the gate by himself.

"Let's go then! PikPik! Staraptor! Over to you!" The two bird Pokemon flew at the prince's orders. They stood in front of the gate saying 'we surrender' and stuff like that. Let's hope this works! Galladian thought, crossing his fingers.

After reporting to Lord Ares, Merrigan went to down to the camp side of the base she heard some loud noises in the distance. Worried that the Gallade had somehow broken free, Merrigan rushed to the dungeons only to see an empty cell with a wall busted down. Merrigan now furious and scared at the same time. Scared of what Lord Ares would say about this and furious on that the Gallade had broken out. She ran up to check every medic tent and where there was the slightest possibility to find Kodachi. When she finally found him in one of the medic-tents.
"Did you notice that a certain Gallade has escaped from the dungeons?!" She said now still somewhat calm before she exploded.
"You didn't even think about to put him into one the stronger and guarded cells!" she said now furious and slashed Kodachi's face with her talons. Not to hurt him much, but to give it to him as a "punishment."

Shortly after a Weavile ran into the tent where Merrigan and Kodachi were in.
"A big army is coming towards us and it's lead by a Gallade " He said
"What?!" Merrigan said, now more scared, worried and even more furious.

The two gaurds wake up to the voices. "Two Light Siders!" one of them say. "You surrender?...THIS IS OUR LUCKY DAY!!" said the other gaurd "What about Sebastian..." said the gaurd "He probably had a bad day! No biggie" said the other gaurd . The two gaurds then guide PikPik and Staravia to the dungeon and go back to standing next to the gate. "Ares will be so proud!" said one of the gaurds.

Last edited:
The small bird Pokemon start using rock smash on the wall and Galladian and about 20 Pokemon including his friends sneaked around the back to the dungeon wall. "I'll slice the door down. Signal for distraction now!" There was a loud racket and amount of noise as the others distracted the guards. The 20 others slipped in and crept to the throne room. Trevor, using Shadow Sneak, carried Galladian to behind the throne. Then he put Galladian behind it and went to sneak up on the other two guards. "It's over now Ares!" Zak shouted as he put his blade over Ares neck, and the rest of them held the guards. "Your dead!" he said to the Zoaruark lord. And he lobbed the kings head right off.

The Talonflame saw everything, considering she was inside the throne room asleep until she heard a sword. She stared at the Gallade. She then began screeching, alarming the other Dark Siders that Ares is dead. A female Meowstic saw the sight as well and ran over to alert the army of Ares. "We're going to get caught by his army...!" said Ludwig. PikPik, Staring at Talonflame, then used peck on her to get her to be quiet, but it was too late. The army came crashing into the throne room, with almost every single Dark Sider.

Last edited:
"Everyone! RETREAT! Regroup at the tents!" Zak shouted. "Ludwig run and go with Trevor! I'll hold them off!" Galladian said as used stone edge to knock most of the dark siders down. Then he watched his best friend leave, and he wondered, would he ever see Ludwig again?

Ludwig,hesitated when he had to leave his best friend behind to face the Dark Siders himself, but went to the tents with Trevor anyway. Now devastated, he laid down in the tent, thinking about what would happen and hoped that Galladian would prevail in the battle of darkness for their freedom.
Back at the castle, PikPik tried to help Galladian, but was being attacked by the Talonflame "Traitor!" she screamed at the Pikipek "You ditched me!" said PikPik, who used Super Sonic. To get him to stop, Talonflame used ember and then finished off with Flame charge, sending the Pikipek to the ground.

"PIKPIK! NOOOO! Quick! Fly far away from here! Everyone! Combine your attacks! All of you use Aura Sphere!" Zak shouted. The giant beam of light wiped out all the dark siders in one blow. "Is there anyone outside guys?"

PikPik, kind of sad that he didn't prove his loyalty, flies away out of the throne room by window. "No one's outside...though I think that only a few Dark Siders are still present..." he continued to fly back to the tents, where the few others were. If only I could evolve... PikPik thought to himself. PikPik wanted to evolve in order to prove to everyone that he is strong. He wanted to evolve in battle, right then and there, but failed. He sat in the tent where Ludwig was.

"Alright take the rest prisoner and leave the dead. They may be our enemies, but we need to respect the dead," Zak said. He got back on Rapi. "Alright let's go!" Zak and Rapi headed back to the camp as slowly most of the army came back. " Ludwig! I'm back and I'm not injured!"

"YAY!! So did we win?!" said Ludwig, excitedly. PikPik, who was still feeling kind of down, was happy also. "I think we did win!..." said PikPik. Ludwig hugged everyone. PikPik didn't know what to think in the process and thus flew away from the camp.

"Yes indeed! A win for The Light Side! We are the winners of the war! Ludwig, how would you like to come back to Spear Pillar! You can be my butler again. And PikPik can come too! How about it" The Gallade said excitedly.

"Alright then! It was fun being the butler back at home, so I accept!" replied Ludwig. PikPik came back with a berry in his beak. "What did I miss..?" he said. "You didn't miss much, also, Galladian asked for us to come to Spear Piller!" replied Ludwig. "Spear Piller....what's that?" asks PikPik. "Spear Piller is where me and Galladian came from, it's a good place to live!" answered Ludwig. "That sounds fun...but I have nobody now...no one's gonna take care of me..." replied PikPik.

"We will PikPik. Plus, there's plenty of space at Spear Palace! And my parents will gladly welcome you!" He said with glee as he would finaly see his family again!

"Really?! That means I will somewhat have real parents too?!" said PikPik. PikPik jumps up and down in excitement. "Free berries for everyone! Follow me!" says PikPik, who was leading everyone into a forest. "I found berries at a forest and I though I could surprise you all with them!" said PikPik, joyfully.

"Thanks PikPik!" Galladian said as he nommed down his Oran and Sitrus berries. "These are so good! So sweet so sour! I've gotta use these in my Malasada's!" Galladian decided he would start right away. He learnt the recipe from a cooking show he watched in high school. "Pour this in here, put that there, oh yes put that there. Ludwig! Taste this it's so good!"

"Ok then!" said Ludwig. He tastes it and once he does...he gets very hyper and all cheerful "IT'S DELICIOUS!!" said Ludwig, hyped as ever. PikPik stares at the Pachirisu going all over the place. PikPik then starts glowing a little. PikPik gets confused and tries to make the glow go away.

"Now! Back across to Spear Pillar!" Galladian said as he got on Rapi. "C'mon Ludwig!" Galladian edged as he straightened his crown. He wanted to see his wife and kids so bad. "Alright! We ride onward! You come too Trevor!"

"Ok!" said Ludwig, hopping onto Rapi. PikPik flied above them and followed instead. "Can't wait to go back home..." said Ludwig. "but what about the Dark Siders, what happened to them and where's Ares..?" Ludwig questioned.

"As a respect for the dead, we left the dead bodies there. The rest of the army are destroying the castle to make sure their dead. We are taking Ares head and mounting it on the only tree in Poni Canyon, as a sign of how powerful and destructive Pokemon can be, and as a warning to not mess with the ones in the canyon. So How about a Malasada?"

When they arrived home, Ludwig was asleep with PikPik mounted on the branches of Trevor. He walked up to the castle door, and heard the sound of Daddy! Daddy! "Hey Garry! Gina! How are my little rascals!?"
"Galladrian?" said a voice.
Galladrian looked up. The voice belonged to his wife, Cesar a Trevanant.
"Honey!" He said, as he rushed up to her and kissed her for about a minute. Cesar giggled.
"Stop it you romantic!" She said sarcastically.
"Sir! It's your father!" Shouted a guard. Galladian ran. He shot through the hall. And right to his fathers room. and he saw him sprayed on the bed, completely dead, and as a bonus his mother was crying next to his bed.

Outside, PikPik didn't know what was going on at all and decides to fly into the palace, unaware what he was about to see. Once he sees Galladian in a certain room, he flies up to him. "Hey Galladian!...." said PikPik. Once he saw the body of his dead father on the bed, he screams and quickly flies back outside. Terrified, PikPik decides to cling on to Trevor for the rest of the day. After a while hearing the conversation about his father from a window, he gets what's going on and bawls on the ground.

"How did this happen?" Galladian asked his mother, but she was to devastated to answer.
"He had a stroke. He just fell down and became limp on his throne" said a guard.
"So that means, your the new king, sire!" Another chirped.
"Yes..." Galladian said, trying to take it all in. "I... I guess I am now!"

*1 week later*

Gallade and Cesar stood up the front of the hall, where everyone in spear pillar was now seated, and they were being crowned the new king and queen. See, Spear Pillar could not do without a queen let alone a king, so they tried to make the coronation as quick as they could after the previous kings death. It all looked wonderful.

After the coronation, Ludwig felt a bit sad for the previous king, but was mostly happy now that Galladian had became the new king. He always wanted to see a friend take a new role in his life and hoped for the best. Him going back to being a butler was grand as always. As for PikPik, he finally achieved his goal and evolved into a Trumbeak. He was always loyal to the king and queen, and sometimes played and watched their children. There were times where PikPik asked what his role would be in the kingdom.