• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Drop of Darkness

Kodachi glanced at Merrigan, cold eyes watching her as she spoke. Her loyalty, although it tends te lean more to affection, for Lord Ares is unrivaled, even by him. "Not an bad idea, but make sure that they survive after trying to get information. If they die, that Flygon has no reason to not destroy our camp. As long as the prisoner is alive, the Flygon should stay quiet." He smirked, this war should be a breeze if a fighter like that Flygon could not attack.

Yes. You're right Kodachi, but we have to let Lord Ares have the final decision." Merrigan said in response. her wings creaked a bit as she stretched them and adjusted her position on the tree branch.
"I'll go and patrol around the area again, in case there are anything fishy going on near by." Merrigan said and took a position ready to take of.
"Oh and whatever decision you make, Lord Ares. I'm sure it will be a great one." She said and flew into the air, soaring looking for any suspicious activity.

Kodachi resisted the urge to sigh. Merrigan was a strong and capable fighter, but she really knew how to get on his nerves like no other. "I will accompany her. It would be safer than going alone." Kodachi got up, bowed and left to join Merrigan in her patrol. "This will be annoying. I know it." After a while of walking around, he finally caught up to her. "I will tag along with you. The chance to survive will greatly increase then."

Last edited:
Merrigan was sitting on the top of a tree looking through the area. She glanced at Kodachi when she heard his voice, but then continued looking around.
"Alright, if Lord Ares said so. So be it." She said not even looking at Kodachi.
"If Lord Ares truly said that he should accompany me for this patrol, it means that he cares about me!" Merrigan thought to her self full of hope. She shook her head from her thoughts and wiped the smile of her face and continued.
"I can't find anything here. We should go to the fields nearby" She said, now staring at the Bisharp from the top of the tree.

Kodachi grunted in approval, his blood red eyes meeting the ones of the Mandibuzz. "Have you got any information on the Light Side camp? Preparations for an attack or chaos?" He practically spat out the words "Light Side" and resentment surfaced on his face. "Let's go to the fields. Let's see if we can get another prisoner and information." He shot out his retractable blades and waited for Merrigan to be ready, still keeping eye contact.

"Let's not waste anymore time" Merrigan said, flapped her wings and flew into the air heading towards the fields. She spotted few Pokemon, that seemed to be a Dark Side warrior Quilava, a Gallade and another small pokemon, which she couldn't identify. Merrigan assumed that the other two Pokemon were in the Light Side. She landed on the outskirts of both the fields and the forest, trying not to get spotted. She was glaring at the Pokemon's she had spotted.

Kodachi stood next to Merrigan, arms crossed. "Seems like a commotion is going on between both sides. Should we interfere or wait until the end and finish off the survivors?"

Last edited:
Merrigan was watching silently as she spotted a silver crown the Gallade was wearing.
"Don't you find it odd the the Gallade is wearing a silver crown. Is he a royalty?" She suddenly said. Her eyes were still pinned to the Pokemon over on the field. Now Merrigan saw that the small Pokemon she couldn't identify was a Pachirisu.

"That's odd. I wouldn't expect royalty to fight in a war. Although if we can capture him, we could probably use him for blackmail." Kodachi's eyes glimmered. "Although when he uses a Fighting type attack, I'm done for and that Pachirisu will no doubt interfere and attack you. Let's wait and see what they are going to do. It would be a nice oppertunity to see what moves they have." He leaned against a tree and kept a close eye on the Pokémon in front of him.

Merrigan was silent and thought for a moment. She then turned to Kodachi
"But shouldn't we report this to Lord Ares?" She asked and then turned back to watching the Pokemon. It didn't really look like there would be anything spectacular going on for right now.

"I'm ok, and the Quilava and the Salazzle? I had an encounter with the Quilava a few minutes and the Salazzle, I don't know what happened to her and I wasn't at camp because I wanted to explore the place a little..." said Ludwig, kind of sad

"We should, royalty is not to be taken lightly. Could you do me a favor and go to Lord Ares? I will keep an eye on any activities. It might get you on Lord Ares' good side." Kodachi smirked, he knew Merrigan wouldn't deny that oppertunity. "If something comes up, I will inform you."

"Yes indeed! And let's make our attack plan to attack Ares..." he whispered to the Pachirisu." He headed off to the war tent. Alright if I bring the army around here... wait was that idea I had again? Koro! Of course! He had to get Koro from Alola! The dragon warrior would know what to do. But first he had to get a messenger. Now how will I do that? He thought to himself.

Kodachi noticed the Gallade prince whisper and sneaked forward to hear them. "What are you playing at and why are you here, prince?" He whispered to himself. Eventually Kodachi became close enough to the Gallade to hear his target. He just hoped no sunrays would expose him.

Last edited:
"O-of course. I'll go right away!" Merrigan said in a slightly flusterd and flew of. On the way to the base of the Dark Side, she was fantasizing about what Lord Ares might say to her about her report. When she reached the Dark Side base, she landed in front Ares.
"Lord Ares. I've seen Light Side warriors on the fields near by. There also seemed to be a royalty there. A Gallade who had a silver crown on" She reported to her leader while bowing.

After a while sitting in the camp, Ludwig felt kind of bored and didn't know what to do. All he did was sit there and thought to himself
Then,unexpectedly, he was grabbed by the same Talonflame from before. This time, however, it was accompanied by the Pikipek "HELP!" Ludwig screamed as he tried using thunderbolt on the Talonflame. This time, it didn't work. After a few minutes, the Talonflame,Pikipek, and Ludwig were gone

Rosalia watched as a Honchkrow flew off on a Bisharp's command. "How odd...is that Bisharp one of Ares's greats? Unlikely, due to how weak the guy looks."
"Either way," she stated to herself. "He's born a fool. All of those Dark siders are."
The Salazzle silently hissed. Taking a branch off of the tree she was in, she threw it at the Bisharp.

Last edited:
Galladian called down his messenger Pokemon, Staravia. "Staravia! Get this to Alola! Quick!" Galladian said. Staravia was one of the fastest Pokemon in his fleet, and would be faster if he evolved. But it wasn't his time yet. "OK... Now I need to stall until the cavalry comes"
(By the way, Galladian was using his psychic powers to make his plans not be heard)

After a while, an Azumarill is seen exiting a forest, not knowing what was going on.
To the Talonflame, she feels that she should avoid any contact with any pokemon she sees, thus ignores the Azumarill, who was staring at her from below,and flies to Ares's boarder.
Once there, the Talonflame dropped the Pachirisu down in front of Ares. The Talonflame began to speak "I have brought you a light side pokemon" she said "I hope that this will please you..." and with that, the Talonflame flew away from Ares's boarder with Pikipek following behind. Ludwig didn't know what to do in the situation, thus stood still on the floor the whole time, with Ares watching him.

Last edited:
Kodachi dodged the branch thrown at him. "Where the heck did that come from? Have I been spotted?" Thoughts ran through his mind before throwing caution into the wind and using Night Slash on the Gallade. "What did that Staravia carry? A plan of attack?"

"Keheh, always funny to see their reactions," Rosalia commented to herself. She watched as the Bisharp decided to attack the royal Gallade and quietly chuckled. It was nice to watch those "warriors" flail when she threw things at them, like a pebble or a twig. Just to provoke Kodachi again, she threw another branch.

Kodachi dodged the branch and glared to the presumed area the thrower was before focussing on the bigger threat, the Gallade in front of him that could destroy him in a moment's notice. He kept his guard up whilst alternating to use Night Slash on the Gallade. "If only he decided to spill the beans..."

The Azumarill from the forest saw everything Is that a Salazzle? She thought to herself while standing in the grass. She then walked over to the tree where Rosalia is hiding and asked "Why did you hit him..?" she said, confused "He did nothing wrong..."

"AAAAHHHH!" Galladian used Destiny Bond, and countered with his power move, Close Combat. "You will never get any information from me! Quick! You there, Salazzle! Please help me defeat this dark side fiend!" Galladian used Sacred Sword, slicing the Bisharp. "Haha! Super-Effective! Yes!"

"Argh!" Kodachi was severly hurt, his chest blades having cracks in them. "A fiend you say? Such a strong word to use." He used Iron Head to knock his adversary down to the ground before picking him up and pressing his wrist blade against his neck from behind. "You either come along with me or I will slice your throat here. Both are fine by me." The Bisharp exerted immense pressure on the Gallade, not only with his blades but also with his presence.

The Azumarill, still confused, decides to walk off into the fields to get away from the violence. She still doesn't know why Rosalia hit Bisharp with a branch in the first place, but she still had her concerns wrapped up in ball inside her head. "Why does violence exist...?" she said to herself, sitting in the grass. "Violence is not the solution..." She looks back over at the battle occurring next to Rosalia's hiding spot and frowns.

"Ay, tough guy. How's being the devil's advocate goin' for ya?"
Rosalia glared at the Bisharp, her gaze filled with hatred and...glee? "Even though that Gallade is a bratty kid, he might have a family. Not like I care or anything, but if ya wanna bring someone back, let it be me. If ya wanna try, of course," the Salazzle spat. Whatever she was going for, it would most likely be to annoy the Bisharp to the brink of rage. That was her specialty, of course.
"So, who's it gonna be, smart guy?"

"Tell me, you vile cretin. What benefit would we get from capturing you? You appear to be a regular warrior, disposable and just another number in the history books. This Gallade might have a stick up his behind the size of a Steelix, but he is useful for us. And I could not care less about his family. If he wanted to keep them safe, then he shouldn't have joined this war. And to answer your question, I feel great working for Lord Ares. Now go and leave before your insides spill out."

The Salazzle was silent. She started... laughing?
"Ahahahahaa, you are quite the fool! First of all, I work for no-one. Nada. Both of these armies' leaders are complete pests," she began. "And second of all, ahahahahaa! That threat is empty! No one could catch up to the Shadow Trickster, let alone defeat them!"
After speaking her mind, the Salazzle's mouth filled up with flame.
"I don't really care what happens to either of you brats, I'm just looking to survive this war in one piece!"
Rosalia used Flamethrower!

"You should feel like a fool..." said a voice. It was the Talonflame. She was perched on a branch next to Pikipek. "He did nothing but brought misery to us all..." she hissed. "And yet....I am still on his side...I feel like a fool for doing so...especially since what he has done to my life...and in all honesty...we're ALL fools..." she said.

Kodachi quickly used the Gallade to take the incoming flames. "Then I have some advice for you, stay out of our business. That should give you a better chance to survive the war than getting involved with us." He attempted a Night Slash but his mobility was hindered a bit by the Gallade he was holding.

The Salazzle nimbly dodged the Night Slash.
"Eeh, but that would be no fun. No fun leads to boredom, and there's nothing worse than wasting away from boredom!"
Rosalia shook her head, scowling. "And you seem like just the kind of person to rain on my parade!"
The Salazzle wasted no time executing a Fire Blast. She didn't care who got hurt in this fight, only if she annoyed the Bisharp enough to cause some kind of chaos.
That was her specialty, no?

Last edited:
The Bisharp smirked, dropped the Gallade and landed a Sucker Punch on the Salazzle, avoiding the Fire Blast. "Some rain wouldn't be so bad, as you will set this forest ablaze this way." He lashed out again with a Night Slash before picking up the Gallade again. "As much as I would like to stay and finish our fight, I don't have the time nor the physical health left to do so." The Sword Blade Pokémon sent a glare towards the Salazzle before going back to their base.

The Talonflame just watched the battle while Pikipek was cheering Rosalia and Kodachi on for some reason. "Battles like these are always exciting!" said the Pikipek. "It's just a bunch of idiots battling, PikPik...how is that entertainment for you...?" said the Talonflame. "I don't know, I just like battles!" said PikPik. The Talonflame replied with "Well, if you like battling so much, then go!" The Talonflame pushes the Pikipek into the battle. PikPik, Startled and frightened, then started to use Screech. After the battle was over, the Talonflame flys away without Pikipek.

Kodachi stopped in his tracks because of the incredibly loud Screech. "Quiet down there! We are trying to win a war!" He sighed before continuing his retreat.

PikPik stops, but realizes that the Talonflame left him behind. PikPik then flew away, trying to look for her. When he was unsuccessful, he decided to stay in a nearby tree.
Meanwhile, Ludwig finally returns back from Ares's boarder and tries to look for the Gallade.

"Darn kids these days and their interference of wars." Kodachi muttered to himself before arriving at the Dark Side's base. "Finally, now to get Pretty Boy into the dungeon."

Ludwig arrives at the Light side camp grounds and tries to look for Galladian, but can't find him. Did something happen again while I was kidnapped...? He questioned himself. He then tried listening for any noises and tried to get a scent of Galladian in order to find him. No Galladian. "Don't tell me something happened..." he said to himself, searching near woods and other places.