• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Drop of Darkness

Hello! This is a RP based on a Pokemon war. Of course, there will be no blood or actual violence, just regular Pokemon battles and such. But here, every Pokemon on the Dark Side wants to 'Rule the world'.

Plot

A cruel Pokemon named Ares the Zoroark manipulated the nations (types) of Pokemon into becoming his servants. He has become a 'king' that demanded war, which meant another Pokemon had to lead the side of good into battle against the bad. This became known as the Battle of Darkness. The two sides became known as Dark and the Light. The Light fights for their lives every day, but as well as to defeat the dark.

Rules

• No cursing whatsoever, but things like heck and crap are okay.
  • 3 strikes you're out.
  • No insulting someone out of the RP.
  • No being overpowered. It's no fun.
  • No fakemon.
  • Follow guidelines and Pokecharms rules.
  • 3 Oc's max
  • Try your best to be grammatically correct (this means spelling too) It's not really a rule, but it's preferred.
  • Don't bring in extra accounts/sock puppets to this rp. If you do, I will be alerting staff.
  • Sharing irl info even once = You're done.
  • No one liners, 3 lines at least.
  • Password must be provided before you can start roleplaying. It is located in ' ' somewhere in this post.
  • No humans.
  • If you want your Pokemon to 'die', no details are allowed. If you're in the process of them dying, say 'poof' or 'he/she died/was killed/. Some people don't like blood and I don't want it in this rp either.
  • No regular Pokemon over level 70. If they come across this level, they can challenge their leader for the place of ruler. If your Pokemon is a leader, their maximum level is 85.
  • Please follow the format for character reference.
  • On the 'Other' section, please provide the password and extra information
  • Have fun!
Sides:

Dark Side
Dark types
Fire types
Ghost types
Fighting types
Poison types
Ground types
Bug types
Normal types
Steel types

Light Side
Psychic types
Ice types
Flying types
Rock types
Water types
Grass types
Dragon types
Fairy types
Electric types

My Characters:

Name: Ares
Species: Zoroark
Appearance: He's a tall shiny Zoroark with icy blue eyes, matching the icy blue colored bead on his tail. He wears a black and purple bracelet on his left wrist with a golden sphere/gem embedded into it. It gives him power.
Personality: Ares is cruel and untrustworthy, but his troops trust him. They've been slightly brainwashed, only to the point to where they think he's a good leader. Ares doesn't manipulate his troops as much anymore, only because he's gained their trust and he wants to keep it that way. He is very aggressive and demanding as well as short-tempered. Ares usually gets his way by force or trickery. He's very sly and clever.
Level: 84
Weaknesses: Ares is almost nothing without his Dark Amulet (his bracelet). If he loses it, he only has the bare power of his moves. He also gets mad easily, which causes him to almost lose control of his mind. This means he can be outwitted if his anger level rises to a certain point.
Other: 'Password'

Name: Typhoon
Species: Flygon
Appearance: Typhoon is a shiny Flygon that wears a light blue (Shade of his blue details, like on the tail, etc) scarf on his neck. He refers to it as his 'lucky scarf'.
Personality: Typhoon is usually very kind and caring, and usually doesn't think violence is the answer. But he fights for freedom and for the Pokemon that wish for peace like him. He has a major grudge against the Dark Side for capturing his brother, who he has never seen again. This wills him to fight even more. Typhoon is short-tempered, but he is quite goofy and jolly.
Level: 56
Weaknesses: Typhoon doesn't believe in violence, which means he sometimes hesitates to fight. This is a weakness to the Light Side. Typhoon also has a soft spot for his brother, which the Dark Side knows about. They often remind Typhoon of this in a battle, which can distract him for a moment.

Ares lounged on the top of the ledge of his camp. Sun shone on his purple and black fur, making it seem glossy and soft. He stared at his moving allies in the camp below. As long as they stayed willing to fight, he was going to win this war. The Light Side would wish they had never rebelled against him. Now they were going to lose this war, no matter how hard they tried.
Movement flickered at the edge of his gaze. A Pokemon was approaching. He turned and faced them. "What?" He growled.

Typhoon flew threw the air, the sharp breeze ruffling his wings. His mind was lost in the clouds, thinking about the war. What happens if we lose? What if we win? Of course we're going to win. Ares can't stay in power forever. But what will happen to my brother if we start winning? As far as we know, he's dead. The Dark Side said he's a prisoner, but what if they've killed him? Or will kill him?
The thoughts zipped through the shiny Flygon's mind like an Aqua Jet. The thought of his brother made him worried and guilty. Why couldn't he have saved him in time?

Name: Dusk
Species: Zorua
Personality: Fun Loving prankster, a little sassy, Doesn't mind battling, (Little bit of a backstory) Hated cruel treatment by the king (her older brother) tried breaking the amulet when he didn't notice. She failed and was thrown into prison, she barely made it out by turning into a joltik and thankfully made it out alive and joined the light side to save her people
Appearance: Normal Zorua but has a golden ribbon with a charm attached
Level: 53
Weaknesses: In battle she isn't the best in brute strength and when her plans fail she can't exactly make up for them
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dusk loved to soar. She enjoyed flying to the sky and having the wind rush around her as her eyes water. Pitch black feathers rained from the sky as she flapped her wings (She was transformed into a murkrow). Soon not too long after she took off she saw her friend Typhoon. "Uggh" she thought to herself. She transformed back into her usual self and landed on top of typhoon. "Dude! You're flying over dark base! Wouldn't do your brother any good if you where in prison too." She smashed night slashes together. (Which made a pretty loud noise)

Last edited:
Name: Kodachi
Species: Bisharp
Personality: Ruthless and cruel, gets incredibly excited when fighting and willingly attacks non-vital areas to draw out the fight, loyal to Ares and the Dark Side until his death, is not afraid to do the dirty work if no one else wants to. Resents the Light Side and wants nothing more than to see them suffer. Although he seems to dislike everyone, he actually quite likes the members of the Dark Side, even if he will always deny this.
Appearance: A normal Bisharp with eyes as red as his armor that sends shivers down the spines of his opponents. He refuses to wear almost any accessories as they would get in the way of fighting, the only exception is an ankle bracelet with a metallic film around it. He claims that this powers up his Steel type moves but no one wants to find out.
Level: 57
Weakness: He tends to focus on the stronger opponents and ignores the ones he deems to be weak, allowing them to catch him off guard, he also tends to become arrogant once he gets the upper hand in a fight. He rushes into fights without a plan which can work against him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kodachi kneeled in front of Ares, his body glinstering in the sunlight. "Sir Ares, your army is ready to attack at your order. Should I keep an eye on the prisoner to prevent any possible escape attempts? I would assume that their brother or a member of the Light Side would attempt to rescue them if left unattended." He waited patiently for his leader's response.

Last edited:
Name: Merrigan
Species: Mandibuzz
Appearance: Merrigan looks like a normal Mandibuzz, though her wings are slightly bigger and has a black color to them, giving her an advantage in both speed and attack.
Personality: Merrigan is cruel and twisted (some even say crazy), but she might be the loyalest Pokemon in the Dark side to Ares. She seeks for his approval, affection or attention in whatever she does and would do anything for Ares, some say that she's obsessed over him. Merrigan though, thinks that she does it for his "Love."
Level: 59
Weaknesses: Merrigan's loyalty and obsession to Ares makes her more easily manipulative for both the "Light Side" and the "Dark Sides"
Other: Barely nothing is known about Merrigan before she joined the Dark Side army and 'Password'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, Lord Ares. What should we do with them? I my self would suggest to make them tell the plans of the Light Side or hold them as hostages." Merrigan said with her high pitched, crow-like voice,while sitting on a tree branch. The sun was shining which made her look quite pale, though her wings didn't change at all. Actually they looked even more dark thanks to her paleness in the sun.

Last edited:
Name: Shuro
Species: Quilava
Appearance: The Quilava's flame mane and tail burn at a moderate level when calm. His optics carry a brownish-amber hue to them and he has stretched ears. Shuro has silken fur over a lean build.
Personality: Shuro has a timid and awkward nature. He typically quiet and reserved but once warmed up to someone he may be more chatty and blissfull towards them.
Level: 55
Weaknesses: Though swift, once attacked the Quilava can have fatal damage inflicted on him.
Other: 'Password' (Old drawing of him below)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuro solitarily sat in the forest, tranquillity surrounding him. Silence filled the woods, allowing the Quilava to Properly focus. At the base of his paws, a grass frond sprouted. He concentrated on swiftly, yet steadily incinerating, controlling his flames to not erupt and engulf the landscape around him. His face carried a dour expression as his optics focused explicitly on the grass. Once he deftly and neatly burned his target he hauled himself off his haunches and to his paws.

The male turned his crown towards the clear sky, checking the sun's position to ensure he had time to carry on.

Last edited:
Name: Prince Galladian of Spear Pillar
Species: Gallade
Appearance: He is a shiny Gallade with a larger blade than others. He has a silver crown on his head.
Personality: He is kind fun-loving but stern when he needs to be. He makes new friends rather quickly, and that is the same with enemies.
Level: 70
Weaknesses: If you were to hit him in the middle back of his right leg, he would fall down weak
Other: Did I mention he is royalty?

It was warm. The day was like a hot bonfire. So hot it could make a tree burn... Wait- is that smoke?! Galladian hurried to the center of the camp. He and his army of Spear Pillar had arrived there 1 day earlier, and were practicing their skills. "Typhoon! Dusk! We have a fire situation here! Any water types?" Well of coarse he new that Dusk would be perfect for that job. "C'mon! We need to hurry!"

Last edited:
Name: Rosalia
Species: Salazzle
Rank: Is it possible to have Pokemon that fight for themselves alone?
Appearance: A crimson colored Salazzle with blue fire instead of red. She's usually wearing a bandana with the Shadow flight symbol on it, as seen below. [Images may only be posted if they are made by you or for you specifically. Use words to describe things. Don't cheap out by stealing images]
Personality: Rosalia is a natural born trickster, laying down traps and playing mind games to fool the enemy. She's capable of being very silly, and can usually be seen hunting for her next opponent or 'victim'.
Level: 64
Weaknesses: She relies on tricks to win, and is lacking on the defensive side.
Other: 'Password' if that is the password. If not, 'Rule the World'. Her theme is Grand Finale, Lemmy Battle from Paper Mario: Color Splash.
-----
A flickering of blue flame, along with a sly giggling signaled the presence of Rosalia on the field. True to her self-given title, "The Shadow Trickster", the Salazzle hid in the shadows and waited for her next victim. Rosalia quickly grew bored, however, and started throwing small pieces of rubble around to attract some potential prey. After that, all she had to do was wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuro| Quilava |Dark side warrior

Shuro pressed on with his trot through nature, now exiting the canopied forest and into open fields. He waded through the thick grass, now silencing his flame tail and mane to prevent it from catching fire to the grass. The Quilavas optics darted about warily before calming after a while. He figured he could advance his training to the fields and learn how to adjust his flames in the area. Just as he approached the spot he planned on starting in, the rolling of a pebble in front of him caught him off guard.

His head perked up, ears pinned to the side. Bewilderment struck his eyes for a heartbeat before becoming stern again. In a deep, loud yet shaky voice he spoke up.

"Who's there?"

Boo, a fellow Fire type. No fun, as they resist Rosalia's most powerful attack, Overheat. The Salazzle eyed the Quilava for a while before she came to the conclusion that he was probably working for that tyrant, Ares. Whatever, that Zoroark probably couldn't live without that bracelet of his. His lackeys were probably worse than him. This one looked quite strong for a Quilava, dare she think, possibly over the level of evolution? No matter. Rosalia could just wait a bit more, concealed in the darkest part of the shadows.

Shuro flames revealed themselves on his tail and neck as he bared his fangs in a snarl. The Quilava's structure tensed as he was ready to retaliate in case of attack. He took a step forward, his claws digging into the dirt below. He spoke again, his voice carrying a stern tone mingled with aggression.

"I won't repeat myself!"

"Are you the Pokemon that caused the fire?" Galladian shouted into the flames. "If your not coming out, I'm coming in!" Galladian rushed into the forest from the camp. "Haaaaa!" He used Sacred Sword as he sliced through the trees. "You can't hide forever!"

(Yes)
"You'll never come out will you? Well time to change the terrain! Earthquake!" Giant stones dug out from out of the ground. Galladian hoped this would reveal the Pokemon, and then he could check if it was a dark side warrior. All he knew was that it was a fire type.

The Quillava jerked his head towards the shouting in which startled him. A Gallade sliced through the undergrowth, appearing to be charging straight for Shuro. Suddenly the ground violently erupted below him, shaking Shuro from his steady ground. He dodged the rocks jutting out the ground deftly. The effort required for his movement was tiring.

"Oh Arceus not another one." he muttered despitefully under his panting breath.

Last edited:
Name: Ludwig
Species: Pachirisu
Appearance: Ludwig is just like any Pachirisu really
Personality: He is a very kind pokemon, especially to the wounded ones. He takes things negative and turns them positive, however, there are times where he gets negative himself. When it comes to battle, he is actually pretty good at it, no matter what other pokemon say. Sure, there are sometimes where he throws a fit once in a while, but he always goes back to being positive
Level: 45
Weakness: He can only take care of one pokemon at a time
Other: He was once a person's pokemon, but decided to run away
______

"Is any survivors here...?" said the little Pachirisu, as he entered a small cave. He didn't know what to expect in the process. When he looked inside the cave, he found no one. He was about to give up on finding any survivors of the Light Side. He then decided to go into a field and hide in the tall grass, trying to not be seen. Unlucky for him, he ended up being snatched up by a Talonflame. He struggled to get away for a while until he used thunderbolt. The Talonflame released him, while Ludwig safely landed back in the grass.

"Ya gotta be kiddin' me. TWO of these jokers?"
Rosalia quietly stepped out of her hiding spot, giggling. "Well, color me surprised! We got a king ova here," she commented, her voice laced with a hint of poison. "Well, aren't ya just a special snowflake. Lucky for me, this ain't my quarrel. Catch ya on the flip side!"
And with that, the Salazzle was gone, probably to find a nice spot to watch the oncoming battle.

"Oh you aren't getting away you Quilava! Let's freeze your fire! Ice punch! Turning you to a icy rock!" Galladian leaped to the floor as he watched the frozen figure drop. "Haha! Let's take this one to Typhoon!"

"Prince Galladian...?" Whispered Ludwig, peeking out of the tall grass "He too heard about Ares...?" he questioned himself. He later on scampered over to Galladian's camp, now burned down. Ludwig stared in horror for awhile, then tried to find survivors, not knowing what was going on

"Oh! Hello small subject. Wait- are you... Mr Ludwig! How good it is to see you my old friend!" (Ludwig had been the royal family's butler). "How are you? Are you looking for my camp?" Zak looked at the burning forest. "Ooohhh... You think my camp was in there... Well actually... It's right behind you..." Zak replied walking into his camp with Dusk and Typhoon overhead. "Hey guys!" Zak shouted to the Pokemon above. "Look what the cat dragged in! Hot chili icy pops!"

"You scared me there, Zak...you know how I am..." said Ludwig "Anyways, it is nice to see you too as well, and my gosh, this is a war zone..." he says as he walks along side Zak

Rosalia watched as the Gallade left, a Pachirisu following behind.
"These jokers might be up to no good."
The Salazzle was quick to track them, being wary of detection and using their blind spots to sneak around. If one of them were to spot her, she'd be up and out of there. If they were to follow, they'd be tricked and fooled into giving up.
"Now, what's a couple'a kids doin' here," she whispered, questioning herself. "Probably a case of kidnapping I just watched, but who cares? Not me, of course."

"Yes... Ever since Ares started terrorizing villages and towns we have been gathering an army. But the army of Spear Pillar is not enough to defeat the dark forces. If only we had another warlord, or king or royal member... Wait!" Zak had an idea and he think it was a good one.

(Sorry I poofed)

The Quilava melted from his frozen casket cast on him by the Gallade and with an agitated snicker, he bounded off. He noticed the Salazzle in which eyed him from the depths of the grass fronds reveal herself and bounded after her. He figured he'd be able to catch her then go back for the Pachirisu and Gallade if they were to stay in the same terrain.

Last edited:
"Ok, Zak" said Ludwig "....Where am I gonna go to now...I know! I'll hide in this tree for awhile!" he says as he climbs up a nearby tree "HEY!" exclaimed a voice from the tree "THIS IS MY TREE, NOT YOURS! YOU'LL HAVE SOMEONE FIND ME!!" "I...i'm sorry" said Ludwig "NO TIME FOR BEING SORRY, JUST GET OFF MY TREE!" Ludwig started to climb down the tree and sat down next to it instead

Rosalia soon noticed that the Quilava from earlier decided to give chase.
"Keheheh, a Pokemon such as you decides to chase the wonderful Shadow Trickster," she gleefully spouts, eyeing Shuro with disbelief. "Well, try and keep up!"
Nimbly jumping into a tree, the Salazzle was gone. A rustling of trees suggested that she was jumping from tree to tree.

After a while sitting on the ground next to the tree, Ludwig decides to walk off into a nearby woods. The pokemon that was in the tree stared at him walking into the woods and goes "Those woods are dangerous..." Ludwig replies with "You wouldn't let me in your tree, so I'm finding myself my own tree" Ludwig vanishes into the woods

The Quilava halted in his tracks, gazing up at the spot the Salazzle became out of his render in a mixture of awe and vexation. He turned his crown back to the ground and scoffed under his breath. Dangit. Although Shuro was deft, his agility had space for improvement. A disappointed feeling crept through him but he shook it away. He had a new target now; The Gallade and Pachirisu.

Last edited:
The pokemon that is in the tree was now curious about what would happen if he would follow Ludwig. And also wanted to see something exciting because he was bored. The pokemon then flew out of his tree and went to find Ludwig

The Quilava lowered his nose to the ground, wafting in its scents. Although his sense of smell wasn't sharp he'd try his best to sift through and find those of the pokemon he was after. Shuro could faintly pick up the scent of the Pachirisu from earlier. He crept after it, Keeping his ears perked for sounds. The male abruptly paused in his place as rustling was heard ahead.

Flattening himself to the ground, Shuro peeked over the hedges. Ahead he could see the Pachirisu padding through a clearing. Keeping his movement controlled and silent, he sneaked after them.

Shuro noticed the Pachirisu observing the surrounding trees. I can't let them get up one... The Quilava wasn't looking forward to clambering up a tree. He bunched his haunches and tensed his frame in preparation to launch. Bursting through the hedges, he pounced in front of the Pachirisu, backing it up against the tree. Although strict, Shuro was no brute. He didn't plan on harming the Pachirisu.

A pang of sympathy hit the Quilava. His head was poised low with a large, defensive stance set out. Shuro's expression softened when he noticed the Pachirisu's startled disposition. The volume of his voice was normal yet it spoke somewhat demandingly.

"I want to know why your kind was so close to my border, and what's your relationship with that Galladion."

Last edited:
"My kind? They were watching it for some reason, I don't know why...other electric rodents were too..and I worked for that Galladion...I was the royal family butler..." said Ludwig

"I see..." He reared up from the Pachirisu, his face now dawning an aspect of concern. That Galladion is a member of royalty? He gazed off, caught in a daze before turning his attention back to the Pachirisu. Lifting his crown up dominantly he turned his optics to the Pachirisu. Shuro decided to allow the Pokemon to escape, something he'd typically not do due to his orders. However, in this case, he pitied the target and knew they had not posed any threat.

"Very well... You are free to go, that's all I wanted to know." The Quillava turned away, now beginning to sulk off sluggishly.

"Thank you, sir!" said Ludwig, climbing up a tree
The flying pokemon sees all of what happened and laughs like crazy "You're a coward!" the pokemon grins "At least I got spared..." mumbled Ludwig

Zak returned. "Ludwig! Ludwig!" He looked around. "Ludwig! There you are are you ok? Where's the Quilava and the Salazle and why aren't you at my camp?" So many questions, and not enough time to answer them. It was expected that Ares would attack soon, well now he knew that if he got rid of me he would get the whole of Sinnoh involved. Meaning he would wipe out a whole region. ANd he didn't even know where general Typhoon was!