• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Day in the Life of a Rocket (Discussion/Sign-up)

11 years have passed since the end of the Kanto-Johto War. The war was brutal, and it left many people bitter and cold after the beloved Kanto Champion surrendered to Lance without a fight. Today, the economy of Kanto has stabilized, and there are new technological marvels. However, the region's government, the Indigo Plateau, is led by a Johtonian. This leaves some native Kantonians angry, and they have decided to take a stand. Mobs, street gangs, and other forms of petty organized crime have become Kantonian Patriots, fighting for the region's independence. Among them all, none were as powerful or respected as Team Rocket. Team Rocket's exploits meet no moral ends. If it means returning Kanto to an independent nation, they will do anything they have to. The infamous organization scours the city streets to look for eager-minded, impoverished trainers to join their ranks. This is where your story begins.

RP

Rules
Follow PokeCharms rules
No fighting OOC
Post questions, suggestions, and comments here on the Discussion
Make your own form, it must have the basic information, personality and history, as well as Pokemon
Make your team reasonable for your rank
Keep ranks and genders even, I don't want 30 Executives and 5 Gunts​

Last edited:
For the Character form, you're implying it's made from scratch, so all new members have to just make one from the ground up? As for the ranks what are the specific requirements for each?
Also, can you provide more information for the RP? I can understand that Team Rocket has fallen and is attempting to recruit new members in hopes to, I assume, restore their former glory. Plus, from the lore summary, I'm assuming Kanto is suffering a civil war?

I'm sorry to bombard you with these question (if you really do feel bombarded, I really, REALLY, do apologize), but there are some things that I just want to understand further for a better idea of this RP. If you could explain further please, that'd be great. :3

@greninja47 Yes, you can join

@Absol_Chiliarch Ok, yes, you can make your own character form from scratch, as long as it has the basics. As for the war that's mentioned, it was a war between Kanto and Johto, and the Indigo League is sort of the governing body of the region, with the Champion as its leader. Currently, Lance is the Leader of the Indigo League, meaning that Lance is the political leader of Kanto. Oak was Champion before Lance, and Giovanni was a member of his Elite 4. Oak surrendered to Lance, and Giovanni created Team Rocket to undermine Lance's government. Johto is not going to be part of the lore for a while, but basically, there was a war between Kanto and Johto, and Johto won, taking over Kanto as a united Kanto-Johto nation. I hope this helps, and if it doesn't, you can click the banner at the top of my signature, which will lead you to a FireRed ROM Hack which this RP is based off of. There will be more information there if you need it

Two questions before I sign up:
  • Would I be allowed to use my fan made Pokémon for the RP? (I am asking this since this are no rules about the usage of fan made Pokémon on this thread. I will be providing a lot of information, though no images however since I am not exactly the greatest artist and it is highly frowned upon to use images in place of words for character descriptions.)
  • Can I only have a Pokémon character instead of a trainer with a Pokémon team for the RP?

I'd prefer you stick to canon Pokemon, but I'll allow fakemon depending on whether I see them as OP or not. As for the second question, I'd prefer you make a trainer, more specifically a Team Rocket member, but you can make a Pokemon character, or a trainer who fights against Team Rocket

Name: Mira Kirin
Pokemon: Dusknoir (Male), Weavile (Male)
Appearence: black hair tied in a ponytail, silver eyes,instead of a hat she has a black hairpin, wears a choker with a golden R on it, leather belt where she keeps her pokeballs, has hoop earings, her whole outfit is black except for the red letter R on her crop top, black leather skirt, knee high heeled leather boots
Personality: Mira doesn't really talk to anybody unless they are paired up with her for a task which usually doesn't happen sense shes a very skilled operative, and the young operative has a tendency to glare at people constantly but she really looks up to older females in the organization
Backstory: Mira didn't care for anything but she found her purpose once she joined Team Rocket, although she keeps to herself Mira used to be very talkative but everything changed the day her mother passed away, Mira felt like she had nothing to live for but her Pokemon partners made life so much better for her and the pair joined Team Rocket not as trainer and Pokemon but as friends.
(I hope my character seems okay to you)

Last edited:
Well alright, got it. The the main reason why I asked the second question is because the character of mine is currently separated from their trainer after what went on in the last RP they were in. (So it would not exactly make sense in a chronological way to have my character be suddenly reunited after the events that took place.)

The other main thing is that this Pokémon would not exactly be a main part of Team Rocket since he would likely despise the works that Team Rocket does. (And unless if my character would have a strong disliking towards Team Rocket, it would be likely that he would maybe stick around them a bit or perhaps go amongst them until he can find clues about his trainer’s location or find a way to call for help. His trainer was part of another team that was the equivalent to a higher gang or about roughly half the power amount of Team Rocket, though his trainer’s team disbanded for unknown reasons... so he would not be new to criminal activities, at least not as much as a recruit would be.)

The bio for my fan made Pokémon is below, and there is quite a bit of information, so be prepared.

NOTE: Primary moves are the move that the Pokémon often uses in battle and usually has more mastery of. They are not restricted to using just these moves since it is highly unlikely that a Pokémon can only remember up to those kinds of moves.

Name: His real name is currently unknown, though his nickname is Zilo. (See autobio section for more info.)
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does look awfully young even to the trained eye.
Species: Itonidon / Lil' Cleaner Pokémon
Type: [type]Water[/type] [type]Steel[/type]
Appearance: Itonidon is a small, mostly humanoid Pokémon that resembles a robot. He has a primarily gray body and a slightly large head to body ratio. He has solid green eyes, and his mouth has no teeth whatsoever. There are two flat, perfectly circular protrusions on the sides of his head that are in the shade of a cloudy gray. His arms and legs are modest sized, as his hands each have five small fingers while his feet have five baby-sized toes. Both of his hands and feet seem to lack any claws or nails upon closer inspection and are in the shade of a cadet gray. His moderate sized, thin tail is shaped like a squeegee upon closer analysis. It is mostly a gray tube that is flexible and made for the purpose of transferring water and other materials in and out of his body and/or other areas. The end is shaped like a smooth rubber blade, though it is slightly more thicker to allow more room for cleaning and for another prime function of his.
Personality: Zilo is described from his trainer to be a modest, reserved Pokémon that often speaks only when prompted to. He tends to avoid large areas of debate and sudden, loud noises since his random-access memory usually becomes overloaded from all the pressure and causes his body to become bugged until the overload is resolved. He does not really like being on a team as much after learning how the harsh the police were compared to the previous team his trainer was in.
Autobio: Hello, I am Z1-L0 and I am known as the little cleaner! You may call me Zilo or that other name that my trainer usually calls me if you wish. Although a lot of people tend to see me as being a little robot, I still have more than what it takes... even if a storm decided to take me down. The only thing I can remember right now is that I went to a private school and studied this thing called chem or something like that I think. I was usually alone for most of the day and my mother would be worried sick. Come to think of it, I think even my trainer is worried since I can't seem to find her either.
Ability: Synchro Drive (Countering an enemy attack significantly increases the Pokémon's focus, as the power of the next move used is doubled. This is the signature ability of Itonidon and its evolution family.)
Primary Moves: Pound Rush, Cleansing Wash, Vacuum Draw, Sud Spreader
Other: Due to short supply of the Pokédex in his trainer's home region, he was slightly modified with a special chip that grants him the ability to communicate more effectively with humans and also have other various functions of the Pokédex and other things.
Fakemon Creator: Me
Poké Browser Entry A: "No one knows its origin, as some speculate that its memories were brought back to life after a terrible storm while others contest that it was a failed project from a mad scientist."
Poké Browser Entry B: "It has been said that this Pokémon was developed for its gifted skills discovered not too long before its prior life was taken by Mother Nature."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Tough
Category: Physical
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: An elementary move that most species of Pokémon learn from the start or early on. The user strikes the target with a series of quick strikes.
Effects: The chance of critical hits increases when all strikes connect.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Condition: Cute
Category: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 15
Target: Self or Single Ally
Range: 15 Meters from user if on Ally
Description: The user purifies themselves or another Pokémon from all impurities and harm inflicted from before. The move's potency is increased when the target has more debuffs and status conditions.
Effects: Heals the target by 25% max HP without debuffs and up to 75% max HP while also gradually removing all debuffs and status conditions.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Cool
Category: Status (Counter Move)
Power: N/A
Accuracy: 10% to 90% (Depending on attack's power, this is the success rate of this move.)
Power Points: 10
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Can be used up to 10 Meters from self
Description: The user gathers in a substantial amount of energy and draws in all incoming attacks to absorb the attack. However, absorbing too much power from the attack can sometimes backfire, so choose wisely when to execute this move!
Effects: After absorbing an attack successfully, the energy is stored from the amount of damage the attack would have inflicted. The energy can be used to increase an attack's power or simply heal one's self. Absorbing too much power will inflict double the damage the attack would have otherwise inflicted and stun the Pokémon for a brief amount of time.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Condition: Beautiful
Category: Special
Power: 1−15 x 10 (Damage scales with range.)
Accuracy: 5% to 75% (Accuracy scales with range.)
Power Points: 20
Target: Single Enemy / Multiple Enemies (This attack can hit multiple enemies due to the attack's wide spread.)
Range: Up to 0.25 Meters / Piercing (Effective range before power and accuracy start to fall.)
Description: An advanced move that some species of Water-type Pokémon learn later in their teenage or even adult years. The user launches a salvo of lathered bubbles on the target. This move is excellent for using against hordes of wild Pokémon due to its ability to hit multiple Pokémon at once.
Effects: No secondary effects.

Last edited:
Alright, I suppose I will wait until the RP is up. (I presume that everyone will likely be starting off somewhere around the headquarters of Team Rocket or possibly in it if they are members.)

Oh alright, I’ll get to posting on the RP as soon as possible then.

(Though there seems to be something missing though after looking over it...)

@Son of Mewtwo Alright, sorry for the late response. I've looked through the post that this RP is based off of. For some odd reason, I think I've played this Rom Hack before... Perhaps it's on Vizzed or something, who knows. Any who, here's my form.

Name: Alice Knight
Allegiance (Rank) : Team Rocket (Executive, if not then Grunt)
Appearance: Of average height with her red hair cut short. Pins are used to hold several bangs out of her eyesight. Alice has hazel eyes and wears the normal Rocket outfit issued to Grunts, although the outfit is white and the "R" normally on the front is located on her back. Around her waste is a belt for her Pokemon along with a black bag on her left side for carrying a laptop.
Personality: A cocky and, occasionally, overzealous member of Team Rocket. Alice is shown to constantly be travelling and researching Pokemon in hopes to improve the chances of her team restoring their former glory. Her constant research habits and developments have made Alice determined towards leading the grunts below her along with her other Executive colleagues. She is extremely loyal, and often has interesting knowledge she believes would be beneficial to the Rocket administrators. Despite being loyal to her team and intrigued by other Pokemon, she prefers to not steal Pokemon as to her its just a pitiful act.
Biography: Alice joined Team Rocket a few years prior to the fall. Ever since the fall of the Rockets, she has held an immense grudge and makes restoring her team's glory one of her personal priorities. She had developed a habit of researching most of the Pokemon she has encountered with her own team and keeps personal files on her own computer.

Pokemon Team:
Name: Bytes
Species: Porygon2
Ability: Download
Personality: Its never learned how to properly use emotions. Often, it only puts its calculations into mind over anything else.
Moves (Commonly Used, Assuming this allows the Anime Combat Rules) : Recover, Conversion 2, Signal Beam, Psybeam
Other: Bytes is used for containing research and displaying information. It rarely fights in combat.
Name: Voltaire
Species: Galvantula
Ability: Compound Eyes
Personality: He has inherited some of Alice's overzealous personality from being with her often. It is loyal and quite intelligent, Voltaire occasionally annoys Bytes for having such a bland nature.
Moves: Sticky Web, Electroweb, Spider Web, Gastro Acid
Other: Has been with Alice since it was hatched from an egg. Voltaire is extremely close and protective of its trainer.
Name: Lynx
Species: Luxray
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Electric Terrain, Roar, Crunch, Thunder Fang
Personality: Lynx is the quietest one of the whole team. He doesn't really speak unless it is necessary, over all he is neutral to the whole situation with Team Rocket. Lynx doesn't care what happens to Team Rocket, as long as he can live somewhere...
Other: A transportation Pokemon that is often helping carrying research. Lynx is considerably fast for its species, along with Voltaire it acts as Alice's bodyguard.