• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Burning Will <<PMD/Discussion>>

Note: This is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP but it takes place in a fictional region/world. There's no official map, so go ahead and make up dungeons as we go along.

Story:

Five years ago, the world of Pokemon was a peaceful one, many guilds were established under reputations of fame. Pokemon could do as they pleased, especially since nothing threatened their way of life. This held true for years, until an organization known as 'The Iron Foundation' came into play. They plagued their way into the ever-growing and prospering world. Seizing control of the world many have come to love, at an alarming rate.

Fast forward three years, the world is nothing but an eerie hollow-shell of it's former glory. Everything is under the complete tyranny of The Iron Foundation's leader, Aggron. The world is much quieter than it used to be, the only sound these days are the early morning drills of the iron army. Everyone fears the new laws put in motion, with no choice but to follow them, or they risk being arrested.

Present time, the story begins on the small remote island, Cervene. A vast jungle covering more than half of it, which is also used as a training area for the last standing guild. Otherwise known as 'Radiance.' You're a new recruit, and your training begins at the crack of dawn, assemble at the entrance of the guild, and come prepared. We have a special task for you.

Rules:

• Follow all PokeCharm rules, or you may get removed from the RP.
  • Romance is welcomed, however don't rush relationships, romance is not the premise of this RP. I'm sure there are other rps for that.
  • Password is: Easter Egg
  • Don't be OP, don't keep dodging every attack, or one-shotting everything. It's okay to get hit.
  • No autoing.
  • No heavy gore.
  • Only one character for now.
  • No Fakemon.
  • You can be shiny.
  • Swearing is allowed, but don't do it in excess.
  • Please start off as a first form, we'll grow and evolve in the RP.
  • No OOC chat in the actual RP board, we have this discussion for that.
  • Have fun
Bio:

Name:
Personality:
Moves:
Other:

Name: Onyx
Pokemon: Houndour
Appearance: Holds the appearance of a normal Houndour, except that he has an x-shaped scar on his chest.

Personality: Onyx is seen as reckless and bold, always trying to keep a fearless demeanor from trying not to show his weak side in front of others. As reckless as Onyx may seem, he actually thinks and plans out his movements, however most of them just end in him fighting anyway. The hidden side that Onyx really doesn't like to show is the satisfaction he receives from getting praised.

Moves: Flamethrower, Crunch, Nasty Plot, Feint Attack

Other: Onyx is quick on his feet, something he had to learn, in order to cope with his low defense.

Last edited:
"Perdita, at your service!"

Name: Perdita

Alias(s): Mourning Dove

Pokemon: Espurr

Appearance: Perdita is a normal Espurr. Fair purple fur, and large violet eyes. Her height is normal, and she is of normal weight for her species. Perdita usually just wears a silver scarf that gleams in the sunlight, a little bit of emphasis on the hardships the Iron Foundation has put on her during her life.

Personality: Perdita is usually a optimist, creative and practical. She hates the Iron Foundation because she's not traditional, and she hates the limitations they put on others. Outgoing and cooperative, she enjoys to work with others, and treats others with respect. She has a kind demeanor. However, clashing to her usually kind-hearted attitude, she may be anxious at times and sometimes is nervous to be adventurous and sometimes, her self discipline of not going out of her comfort zone bites her.

Moves: Fake Out, Psybeam, Light Screen, and Confusion.

Other: Easter Egg

"Perdita, at your service!"

Name: Perdita

Alias(s): Mourning Dove

Pokemon: Espurr

Appearance: Perdita is a normal Espurr. Fair purple fur, and large violet eyes. Her height is normal, and she is of normal weight for her species. Perdita usually just wears a silver scarf that gleams in the sunlight, a little bit of emphasis on the hardships the Iron Foundation has put on her during her life.

Personality: Perdita is usually a optimist, creative and practical. She hates the Iron Foundation because she's not traditional, and she hates the limitations they put on others. Outgoing and cooperative, she enjoys to work with others, and treats others with respect. She has a kind demeanor. However, clashing to her usually kind-hearted attitude, she may be anxious at times and sometimes is nervous to be adventurous and sometimes, her self discipline of not going out of her comfort zone bites her.

Moves: Fake Out, Psybeam, Light Screen, and Confusion.

Other: Easter Egg

Accepted!

I'll join!

Name: Bacon
Pokemon: Tepig
Appearance: Bacon wears a red bandanna, and his left ear is bandaged.
Personality: Bacon is why at first, but is kind and considerate to those he trusts.
Moves: Ember, Tackle.
Other: He grew up without a family, but keeps a happy attitude. (Easter Egg)

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Name: sparklight

Pokemon: pichu

Appearance: he has a Soothe bell wrapped around one of his ears.

Personality: sparklight is very friendly, cheerful and sometimes even calm, mostly because the soothe bell he wearing. he cant controll his attacks and he is sleepwalking, he is very weak and very afraid from the dark or being alone.
He is stubborn and mischief sometimes.

Moves: thundershock, helping hand, charm.

Other: he usually more angry but the bell always calm him down and make him sleepy sometimes, also since sparklight cant completely speak he almost every time finish his sentence with 'chu', at least until he would evolve.
It probably going to be hard for him to enter the guild but with his stubbornness he might succeed, (maybe by placing 'easter egg' in the bio).

I will likely have Daniel make his way into the thread after my doctor's appointment.

Name:
His name is Daniel.
Pokémon: He is a Ditto.
Gender: Although his species is genderless, he will be referred to as a male due to his masculine traits and characteristics, as well as to make RPing a lot easier with everyone.
Appearance: Daniel is your small, everyday, purple blob when in his true form. He is often seen as being a small, young Pokémon when in his transformed state. As a result of a genetic disorder that corrupted his DNA, he is unable to transform into evolved and legendary Pokémon. (Though if he were to transform into a Lapras for example, he would be a much smaller Lapras with having distinct features that lie in the infantile spectrum such as having smaller curly ears and a tiny horn in contrast to the normal Lapras.)
Personality: Daniel tends to have a rather calm outlook, as he is patient and observant when it comes to dealing with encounters. He tends to pretend to be like the Pokémon that he is transformed to based upon how he wants to act as their age, since he likes to make others off guard in order to escape or even gain an advantage in battle when the situation presents itself. Although he can be a bit silly at times, Daniel can still get the job done with some dedication involved. (Though his behavior often lies more in the infantile area if his transformation had been made a bit younger than usual by mistake.)
Moves: Daniel only knows Transform while in his true form, as his set of moves is randomized upon transformation.
Other: He is often seen carrying around a small leafy bag that contains several items and pocket change. (Also, Easter Egg.)

Alright, well I will get started on the RP as soon as possible, since I am about to go to a doctor's appointment soon.

(As a quick note, the Pokémon that Daniel is in the RP will not be directly given out. It is up to the other readers to deduce the Pokémon using the clues in the posts.)

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Name: Static
Age: This always confused me, but don’t Pokémon mature faster than humans but have the same lifespan, right? Anyways, he’s 16.
Gender: considering Rotom is genderless, he surely acts male.
Species: um, Rotom. *see above*
Appearance: for a Rotom, a bit small, actually. He has glaring Purple eyes instead of blue, and the electricity surrounding him is a lavender light purple rather than your average light blue.
Personality: Feisty, Childish, and Mischievous. Gets himself in situations that he often can’t get out of and can’t handle on his own. Most of the time you can’t tell when his emotion is down, as he’s not usually in a mad or unhappy mood, and doesn’t show it. He likes to try to cheer others up, and he likes to spend time with younger Pokémon. (And he might end up getting them into trouble too.)
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Air Slash(there’s no Rotom forms in a PMD setting, so I want the Fan Rotom signature move) and Trick.
Other: y’know, one of my favorite things to do in video games is to look for all the Easter Eggs.

Let me know if I need to change anything to be accepted!

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Yeah, I know. Most PRPs add in age, and I just think that about Pokémon, as we have seen in the anime and games that they have the same lifespan as humans, but they seem to mature faster. Anyways, I’ll try to pick up where we are right now.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
When I posted I realized that your post appeared. Sorry for not making my first post last night, I was tired... anyways, it happens, and I kinda think that was funny XD

Lol that was quite the entrance I'll give you that, and no pressure, post when you can. Good thing you showed up too, seems like there's one group of four now

Name: Adam

Pokemon:
Kirlia

Appearance:
He is shiny and his 'hair' and 'skirt' are shorter than the average Kirlia. He also wears a lightly tattered brown cloak.

Personality:
A very calm and laid back person with a love for gambling, although he knows exactly when he should roll the dice. He is also a go with the flow kind of person who mainly does things if people ask him to... as long as the task is within his talents. He can however get angered very easily if someone mistakes him for a girl and would go so far as to physically hurt them just so they would 'get the message.'

Moves:
Confusion, Magical Leaf, Double Team, Protect

Other:
"Where the hell are my chocolate Easter eggs?!"

Bio:

Name: Big C
Pokemon: Jangmo-o
Appearance: He is anormal jangmo-o
Personality:
he is greedy and quite proud of himself, he also likes to rest in the sun for several hours ... but if someone bothers him during his daily routine or they hurt someone he cares about, unleash all his fury in the battle, it should be noted that he is afraid of any kind of bugs

Moves: Dragon tail, Protect,Headbutt,Work up
Other:"chocolate bunnies are more delicious than easter eggs" also he have the bulletproof has his ability

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Name: Nia

Pokemon: Venipede

Appearance: Like a normal Venipede, but all her antennas are longer and she has bigger eyes.

Personality: Kind, yet she doesn't forgive others easily. She doesn't like bird Pokemon as it goes with her backstory.

Moves: Rollout, Venoshock, Bug Bite, Protect

Other: I love finding Easter Eggs!

I might have to hold one more sign-up period later, since a few people still want to join. Never would've guessed that the RP would gather this much attention, but that's great news

I will switch the discussion to 'Ask to Join' when that time comes

Last edited:
i'm gonna sign up with my... uh...
manic pixie dream girl tamA
well she's sort of a manic pixie dream girl hah

Name: Tama
Pokemon: Mimikyu
Appearance: Tama is a regular-looking Mimikyu, however she has no wooden tail and her eyes have a slight scarlet tinge to them.
Personality: Tama is vivacious and endearing, and irrevocably curious about the world around her. However, her curiosity can often be perceived as foolish or annoying, paired with the fact that she doesn't know her own strength. She doesn't like being called a Mimikyu and insists that she is a Pikachu, and speaks in third person.
Moves: Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Play Rough
Other: She loves chocolate Easter Eggs.

Last edited:
oh, forgot to mention that Tama is terrible at remembering names and often just gives people nicknames based on what they look like
+
sorry for the tiny, shitty post i just wanted to get into the rp without a super-long introductory post since Tama doesn't give me much muse unless she's interacting with others