• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Gyarados

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
130Gyarados_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Gyarados
[type=water][/type]/[type=dark][/type]

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaGyarados
Height: 6.5m / 21'04''
Weight: 305kg / 672.4 lbs.
Classification: Atrocious Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Mold Breaker

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Gyarados was officially revealed by Pokemon.com following the release of X & Y.

20483_stats.png

Mega Gyarados receives notable stat boosts to its Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense stats, as well as a minor boost to its Sp. Attack.
HP: 95
Attack: 155
Defense: 109
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 130
Speed: 81

20479_locations.png

58296_Dream_Gyaradosite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Gyaradosite.
X/Y:
Couriway Town, post-game.
OR/AS: Route 123, in the mouth of a Poochyena.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Gyarados.

20472_artwork.png

MegaGyarados-Pokemon-X-and-.png

20482_screenshots.png

nov_p05_01.jpg
nov_p05_02.jpg
nov_p05_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have made it a Dragon type, not Dark.

It really should be a dragon type, it even says in the Pokedex that magikarp has DRAGON DNA, and Gyrarados should never have been a flying type either! I thought that it would be awesome in my original gold game to fly across the sky on my shiny Gyrarados but the thing can't even learn ONE SINGLE FLYING TYPE MOVE!!!!! they made charizard a dragon and now I'm starting to think that gyrarados is getting ripped off from a pretty good deal and a lot of action, and FYI Gyrarados only can learn six dark type moves.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually that's a pretty terrible idea, unless you have a plethora of heart scales to teach the thing any useful moves. <<